It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those of you that wanted Welfare stopped have been granted their wish

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well, this sounds about right for our current administration.
Because in doing this, all those people will no longer be counted for the unemployment rate will they?
Which will make the number look better.

Win Win for them.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I will try and answer the best I can

Im from the Uk welfare is called benefits, even OAPs who have worked all their lifes are classed as on benefit, unemployed on benefit, disabled on benefit and people who have never worked on benefit,

In the US you set the two apart, unemployment benefit and welfare.

As far as Im aware the state a person lives in pays so much unemployment and then it is made up more by the National government.

If unemployment is stopped then the state a person lives in will need to step in to stop people becoming destitute, welfare may need to be cut to support unemployed, their may be civil unrest because why should people get handouts who have never worked yet people who have worked get nothing.

Food stamps cut unemployment cut.

You ask how long it should continue, just as long as the bank bail out continues would be a start, the Fed is giving Billions of $s per month to the banks and that is still continuing so the recession is still here, if they bank still need bailed out then so do the poor.

You may see a difference between unemployed and welfare all I see it another way of dividing people the poor against the poor, if your government cant give its poorest enough to live on then they have no business taxing the rest of the population and giving it to banks and spending on starting wars in other countries, how many of you voted for you government to spen x amount of billions in wars.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Wrong. The people revolt and the government gets toppled and wind up with their heads on the chopping block. It never works to give them control. Never.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I didn't say specifically the IRS. I said govt.

My mom dont have to file taxes. She gets SSI and a pension from my late father, and is forced to purchase healthcare to boot. It was spelled out for me. Anyone who does not meet the income requirement on taxation is not liable for the fine.

I handle her financials as she has always had someone to take care of her. Now in her 60's she lacks the street knowledge.

When i find it again ill post it for all.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Your right, people are looked down upon unfairly. Those looking down may get a surprise when the US dollar isn't worth crap....even domestically. That or maybe some change of events, like more outsourcing and what have you.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Thanks, My circumstances are fine, The UK does treat its people ok, its just lately things have changed and there seems to be real hate for disabled people stirred up by the government and the media which is similar to what the Nazis did to the Jews in 1933, there have been some horrific murders of disabled people.

I grew up in the UK worked hard in a dangerous Job, but I did not care as I lived in the UK, if I had an accident then I dont need to worry about hospital bills, if I was injured that I was unable to work again then I paid NI and tax and that was the safe net provided.

But since 2008 they have moved the goalposts and now I am insulted.

My only regret is that I did a dangerous manual job instead of sitting in front of a computer screen where no harm could come to me, I would be no better off but I would not be disabled.

I trusted my government ( big mistake)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What im seeing ehre is that everyone is looking to point a finger.....mostly at a singe person / aministraton.

The truth is, this is a long time in the making. There are so many things inter twined with one another. No doubt on purpose.

Watch this hand, never mind about my other one.

We need to spread the blame evenly. This country is one of congressional making.

They made SSI, Welfare, UE, Obamacare. Shift around jobs to china, enact NAFTA and make millions and millions.

Shifty work congress has been up to for as long as they have been around.

Making tax deals with businesses who outsource and such.

Obamacare forcing people to buy insurance so they and pharma can benefit....and so does congress.

I see it in plain sight. Maybe im slightly autistic as i see patterns and things that everyone else misses.

edit on 12/16/2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

So sorry to hear that, I was lucky I never had an accident till my kids were up (thank god) that is why I count myself as lucky, it would have been my worst nightmare if it happened when they were young and I used to worry.

I worried so much that I had private insurance in case of disability which cost me £100 per month.

Then they cheated me out of it the way banks do.

So now Im on benefit and Im classed as scum.

And the Bankers " they get Knighthoods.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

What if you are never Unemployed do you get the whole lot back when you retire with interest

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

shaneslaughta
What im seeing ehre is that everyone is looking to point a finger.....mostly at a singe person / aministraton.

The truth is, this is a long time in the making. There are so many things inter twined with one another. No doubt on purpose.

Watch this hand, never mind about my other one.

We need to spread the blame evenly. This country is one of congressional making.

They made SSI, Welfare, UE, Obamacare. Shift around jobs to china, enact NAFTA and make millions and millions.

Shifty work congress has been up to for as long as they have been around.

Making tax deals with businesses who outsource and such.

Obamacare forcing people to buy insurance so they and pharma can benefit....and so does congress.

I see it in plain sight. Maybe im slightly autistic as i see patterns and things that everyone else misses.

edit on 12/16/2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

If you have unemployed people in your country and you have businesses that make money from the American people then your government should make it law that they must be registerd in the USA to pay tax and they cannot out souce jobs, for every job they outsource they have to pick up the tab for unemployment benefit for 1 person.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

theantediluvian
reply to post by pavmas

White House to allow jobless benefits to expire for 1.3 million

Not to be critical, but it's not the "White House," it's Congress. The President can't extend jobless benefits.

hey...don't you know that Obama is to blame for everything??...even the crap that republicans do and don't do.....let's get with the program here

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Well, I think the point I was making here was a simple one and with no connection or relation to this year or any year in the past. I haven't filed taxes in 3 years myself. Starving college students don't make much...and they've literally told me I don't hit minimums for qualified taxable income. Up until now....that has been legal.

This is all about what happens next tax year, since thats all now changed and everything about taxes may be just a bit different, since they do more than taxes starting January 1st. They handle the decision about whether you paid your legal requirements to the ACA or not, too.

Sorry for any confusion.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

From what I understand' this guy does not care about procedure or law, he even has set himself up as God deciding that he can kill Americans if he wishes, yet his hands were tied with extending welfare.

To use an American term,
BULL#

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I agree. They should.

Problem is we voted people into power, and they are at the best of times self invested.

All i can say to my american brethren is fasten your seat belts. The next few years are going to be bumpy.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I understand now. Your saying that the new year is a few weeks away, new rules my apply.

I wonder how being grandfathered into the SSI system is going to effect taxation.
I guess they can always use the old faithful COLA.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Bilk22

theantediluvian
reply to post by pavmas

White House to allow jobless benefits to expire for 1.3 million

Not to be critical, but it's not the "White House," it's Congress. The President can't extend jobless benefits.
He seems to make laws and or break them when it suits his agenda. He pushed the last debt ceiling issue down our throats.

No, you are just making this anti Obama (yet again). Congress is a debate between two parties, would you like to show which is voting on what in this? Or is that too much to ask and you are going to route back to the birth certificate question rather than answer?

Mel Gibson is your avator, another person who likes to misconstrue facts to match their personal belief. Deny ignorance means face facts or find new ones that stand up to scrutiny, harder than it looks, isn't it.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

If Americans stick together they will triumph and get their country back, just don't let the divides apply.

Smokers aginst non smokers, wealthy against poor, poor unemployed against poor welfare claiments, low paid against unemployed, black against white, white against hispanic, cowboys against indians. middleclass against working class, working class against welfare class.

Stick together all your kids are depending on you

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I am well armed. No worries here, lol. I can't say I really care either way. Half of me hates people grubbing free money off the government (and my taxes), the other half of me feels sorry for the people who REALLY need it.
edit on 16-12-2013 by JohnnySasaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

pavmas

AutumnWitch657
Unemployment is not welfare but thanks for insulting a few hundred thousand who used to have an income they paid taxes on to support the unemployment program and are now unfortunatly are out of a job due to a crappy economy. Way to go on tbat pride building statement.

Sorry if I insulted anyone, I live in the UK and has Industrial disablement benefit , but Im lumped in with anyone else who is on benefit and we are all called layabouts.

In fact I don't want to be treated different as we are all poor and their needs are no less than mines.

Its only fair as I lump MPs, Royalty, Bankers as Btards.

You are fantastic aren't you. So anyone - anyone - not working is to you not a layabout and should get everything they can because (weirdly) they are entitled to it - is that what you are saying?

MPs, and this is a little bit shocking to you obviously, do actually work, the Royalty actually give back the amount they are awarded every year and bankers..... well how do you defend a banker at the moment? Such a glib thing to say when you are actually referring to the massively small minority and also for 95% of the cases work for private companies, why come up with cliches?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

pavmas

If Americans stick together they will triumph and get their country back, just don't let the divides apply.

Smokers aginst non smokers, wealthy against poor, poor unemployed against poor welfare claiments, low paid against unemployed, black against white, white against hispanic, cowboys against indians. middleclass against working class, working class against welfare class.

Stick together all your kids are depending on you

I like your sentiment.

We are segregated in so many ways. from television to music to clothing and cars.
I dont think Americans can get together on anything short of the rug being pulled out from under us all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join