It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China lands Jade Rabbit robot rover on Moon

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Panic2k11

even in regards to their lunch infrastructure...

Noodles would have been no good in space...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Send that robot to search for Alien Base!!

peace.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Wouldn't it be nice instead of sending all those young men and women to die in conflicts overseas with those crazy budgets , instead use that military budget on sending those same men and women into space to found new earth colonies !

Wouldn't you rather die in the name of expanding our species foothold in the solar system/ galaxy rather than dying for some crappy war that no one will remember in 1000 years.

First man/woman on a new planet other than the moon = remembered for as long as our species exists

think where our species would be had we not spent all that money on war but rather spent it wisely on expanding outwards into space , we would have colonised mars already
edit on 16-12-2013 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
OMG the chinese must have bought the Apollo studio set. Look at the photos sent back so far......NO STARS!!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I think it's great that China is going to explore the moon .. But believe me when I say nothing sensitive will catch our eyes.
Only because they never tell any secrets . Its in their interest to examine and use for their own agenda to also hide it from the world public view.

And another thing if they are driving this wrabbit on wheels up to sensitive areas, and I think they're also there for that reason.
You'll never hear from it again.
I give this vehicle two weeks max before it's destroyed just a blatant statement nothing more, I just have this bad feeling about this.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

The wrabbit is under close scrutiny from assets of other nations in lunar orbit, Artificial satellites orbiting the Moon. I would also expect that the NSA could intervene directly with the control of the wrabbit especially since some of the comms go via the ESA.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by onebigmonkey

well the immediate benefits of mining wouldnt really be financial in nature (not until there are more cost effective ways of moving the material)
but rather to enable the production of necessary items on location rather than having to go through the immense cost and difficulty of sending it from earth so that a colony can not only sustain itself but actual expand itself

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

yeah looks the chinese landed at pinewood studios too!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

yorkshirelad
OMG the chinese must have bought the Apollo studio set. Look at the photos sent back so far......NO STARS!!!!

You officially win ATS.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

Only an American could see a negative in this story.
Why is China going to the Moon or even Mars a bad thing exactly?

Ummm...perhaps it might have something to do with.......

Death Star

But then again we Americans are probably just egocentric and want to rain on China's parade.......huh?

YouSir

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Full Video: China's moon rover, lander photograph each other

China's first moon rover, Yutu, or Jade Rabbit, and the lander take photos of each other Sunday night, a move that will mark the complete success of the country's Chang'e-3 lunar probe mission. Yutu separated from the lander early on Sunday, several hours after the Chang'e-3 probe soft-landed on the lunar surface at 9:11 p.m. on Saturday. Yutu will survey the moon's geological structure and surface substances and look for natural resources for three months, while the lander will conduct in-situ exploration at the landing site for one year.

link

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Oh it's so true when they say:

First God made Heaven and Earth. The rest was made in China...
edit on 16-12-2013 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

yeah looks the chinese landed at pinewood studios too!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

IamSirDrinksalot
China can have the moon, the Mericans are going for Mars cos its bigger. The only problem its red, and red is communist....

NASA is so far behind its a joke. It will be another 10 years most likley before they will even put another man in space on there own. It will be mid 2030's before they even get to mars.

Russia and even ESA have plans for much sooner.

USA is lagging and lagging bad!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

TheIllusiveMan
China wants to examine the moon to see if it has any natural resources that they can mine, that is why the rover was equipped with that capability.

Smart people!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruptedstructure

I read somewhere that they want to weaponize it. Probably searching to see if the best area is a good spot to plant it..

Really? Too bad the Rebels never got the plans for the Death Star in time...shame on them.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Congratulations to the Chinese Scientists and Engineers in achieving this landing.

I just wish all nations on Earth could get together and pool technology, and explore the Solar System properly.

And to all those Still raising the visible stars question. Consider this.

The Sunlight falling on the Moon is exactly the same intensity and luminosity, as the Sunlight falling on Earth during the Day.

So when you go outside, during a sunny day on Earth, How many stars do you see?

As any clear night time on Earth shows...our Atmosphere does NOT shield us from seeing the stars.

It is the strength and brightness of the Sun, that prevents seeing the stars.....exactly the same as on the Moon. Now If they were to take a picture from the dark side, or when the Sun is not glaring on the Moon, ...I would love to see the milky way without the air and light pollution of Earth. (like the Hubble)

Cant wait to see what interesting information they find with their sensors.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

YouSir

IkNOwSTuff

Only an American could see a negative in this story.
Why is China going to the Moon or even Mars a bad thing exactly?

Ummm...perhaps it might have something to do with.......

Death Star

But then again we Americans are probably just egocentric and want to rain on China's parade.......huh?

YouSir

I just read the article and it links and references articles that say they were based on reports in a Chinese run newspaper but for some strange reason it doesnt link the original source......
Show me the original article and what you say has some teeth.

And no its not Americans who are egocentric and wish to rain on Chinas parade, Its egocentric ignorant people, some of whom happen to be American.

Most people in this thread, Americans included think this is good for humanity
edit on 16/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Just bugging me... Wrabbit2000 is an ATS member, a rabbit is an animal...can't believe how many people are misspelling this common word--even if it does translate to "jade rabbit", it's still a rabbit, not an ATS member on the moon.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

And the ATS member with the name "Jade Star" adds to that confusion

edit on 12/16/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join