It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China lands Jade Rabbit robot rover on Moon

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I call BULL SHINANIGANS on this. China is a nation of passive-aggressive LIARS.

This is nothing more than a PR stunt to convince the world that China is a progressive nation who is ready to handle the worlds responsibility as well as a pegged currency. And to the global elite this shows they can LIE with the best of them.

I hope non of you Americans are happy about this. This is practically your swan song.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Congratulations to them *tips hat*

I'm a little concerned about YUTU's wheels. The tracks kind of look deepish already, if it finds some super fine talcum-y surface and spins it wheels (traction control I guess might prevent that though?) it could find its wheel buried down to the axles.

I'm no tractioneer though, so take that observation with a grain of lunar dust.

edit on 15-12-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

MALBOSIA
This is nothing more than a PR stunt to convince the world that China is a progressive nation who is ready to handle the worlds responsibility as well as a pegged currency. And to the global elite this shows they can LIE with the best of them.

I hope non of you Americans are happy about this. This is practically your swan song.

It's definitely a propaganda stunt. Something like this is much more effective than a military parade in solidifying the nationalistic masses. And, yes ― this could indeed potentially be the U.S.'s swan song as the world's lone superpower nation.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

MALBOSIA

AWWW DIDDUMS

Cry me a river!

America had its chance and it BLEW IT.

You screwed up after the last apollo missions when you decided to slash NASA budget and lumber them with red tape and bureaucracy makeing them a useless $6 billion black hole.

Sorry but you could have been decades ahead of China by now, you could have monopolised space.

AND YOU BLEW IT!

So sucks to be YOU!

edit on 15-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

MALBOSIA
China is a nation of passive-aggressive LIARS.

O and America are a bunch of aggressive Liars!

Dont throw stones in glass houses.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

MALBOSIA
I call BULL SHINANIGANS on this. China is a nation of passive-aggressive LIARS.

Oh for the love of god people. I mean seriously, we went to the moon already. Get over it.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

crazyewok
The future is with Russia and China.

Yeah. Screw human rights! Tyrannical governments FTW!!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

iLemming

Future in SCIENCE.

Sorry but NASA are no more than a bunch of bumbling imbeciles boged down in red tap and bureaucracy. Its no more than a $ 6 billion black hole.

The USA has fallen behind, man up and accept it. Dont just get all jelouse cause another nation has steped up to the challenge.

The USA has gone from the first man on the moon to not even being able to put a man in space.
Rather than whine about it, change it.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

crazyewok

iLemming

Future in SCIENCE.

Sorry but NASA are no more than a bunch of bumbling imbeciles boged down in red tap and bureaucracy. Its no more than a $ 6 billion black hole.

The USA has fallen behind, man up and accept it. Dont just get all jelouse cause another nation has steped up to the challenge.

The USA has gone from the first man on the moon to not even being able to put a man in space.
Rather than whine about it, change it.

I agree that our space program has fallen behind and is a formal shadow of itself.

However, those "imbeciles" have put how many space craft in orbit around how many different worlds? Done how many flybys of other worlds?

How many spacecraft that soft landed on Mars and continued to function? How many rovers (last one being the size of a SUV, using a landing system that had never tried before, and succeeded)?

All with a continuing shrinking of their budget by the "imbeciles" in our government.

I'm very happy for China. I wish it was us doing it, but I'm happy with anyone going to other places in space.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

eriktheawful

However, those "imbeciles" have put how many space craft in orbit around how many different worlds? Done how many flybys of other worlds?

I should quify that as the imbeciles incharge of NASA. The engineers and scientists work hard.

Its the fool in charge that cant seem to keep with a good idea without cancelling it and refuse to look at new ideas.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

crazyewok

MALBOSIA

AWWW DIDDUMS

Cry me a river!

America had its chance and it BLEW IT.

You screwed up after the last apollo missions when you decided to slash NASA budget and lumber them with red tape and bureaucracy makeing them a useless $6 billion black hole.

Sorry but you could have been decades ahead of China by now, you could have monopolised space.

AND YOU BLEW IT!

So sucks to be YOU!

I think you are missing the point. For one I am not American (could not tell if you knew that ) and for another this has nothing to do with space exploration.

China is not going to want to share results any more than the US did. Science in space is too valuable to share freely. Whether it is private enterprise, Communist or Democratic leading the space race, nobody is going to tell you anything of value for free. Not a chance.

Like anything else, if you want to learn about the universe your going to have to figure out a way to get up there and figure it out for yourself. Nobody down here is going to do it for you even if you helped pay for it.
edit on 15-12-2013 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Aww Who's Raughing now Murika we put probe on moon first we no like Hollywood landers hahahahaha

Actually this is really cool, however, I am wondering what the deeper underlying motivation for this is if there is one outside of "scientific" exploits. I remember reading somewhere probably here the China has an agenda to put a structure of sorts on the surface of the moon at some point, if they do I wonder if they are going to claim all that He3 for themselves

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What would be really good would be to compare the first set of images China sends from the rovers landing position with LRO images if they have been taken of that area that may finally shut up some of the Apollo Hoax brigade on here!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Chamberf=6

Maxatoria
Waits for the 'They never landed on the moon and its all done in a parking lot in beijing' threads

Also waiting for the "they're not telling us everything--they found structures" crowd.

Oh and you forgot the most important one the aliens contacted the chinese told them to get the rover and stay away from the moon!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Brotherman
Aww Who's Raughing now Murika we put probe on moon first we no like Hollywood landers hahahahaha

Actually this is really cool, however, I am wondering what the deeper underlying motivation for this is if there is one outside of "scientific" exploits. I remember reading somewhere probably here the China has an agenda to put a structure of sorts on the surface of the moon at some point, if they do I wonder if they are going to claim all that He3 for themselves

National pride much like the US And soviets a new space race is starting between China and India. They are both racing to put someone on the moon.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think those photos look kinda fake. They are supposed to be in sunlight yet you see massive fall off of the lighting on the surface as if is lit by spot light.

edit on 15-12-2013 by NLDelta9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

Since when do the TPTB let these things happen without careful coordination? George Soros has moved all his business to China and lives there himself. He is one of many linchpins in the gang. Whatever China is doing, is according to plan. Do no be fooled with their nationalistic sabre rattling. Remember, money is made from financing both sides.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

They probably stole all the U.S. technology.

Hopefully they'll find something interesting.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

edit on 15-12-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

crazyewok

eriktheawful

I should quify that as the imbeciles incharge of NASA. The engineers and scientists work hard.

Its the fool in charge that cant seem to keep with a good idea without cancelling it and refuse to look at new ideas.

They don't have a whole lot of money to work with, so they need to pick and chose their projects. The James Webb Space Telescope (the replacement for the Hubble) is using up a lot of their budget resources. They have the ongoing Mars exploration program, and endeavor to send a science mission sent to Mars every two years, and they have the JUNO probe on its way to Jupiter and its moons as we speak. Along with all of that, they are still funding a portion of the ongoing ISS missions.

In that respect, NASA has become more a planetary science data-gathering agency rather than a manned space flight agency. They do perform the science data gathering pretty well, considering the accomplishments of the Cassini probe, the various Mars rovers and orbiters, the Hubble space telescope, the STEREO and SDO solar observatories, and past (but relatively recent) accomplishments such as the Galileo probe.

However, the manned exploration portion of NASA's mission has gone on less developed than the robotic scientific exploration has.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join