It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China lands Jade Rabbit robot rover on Moon

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

MysterX

BTW, do you or anyone else have a direct link to the official Chinese images for this mission please?

They have around 4500 images already, although most of them are not being posted online (mores the pity), but they are making some available, i'm buggered if i can find them...only reprints from news outlets so far.

edit on 16-12-2013 by MysterX because: added more info

This should get you there,

english.cntv.cn...

There is a video in english, although it will do your head in after a bit.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

smurfy

MysterX

BTW, do you or anyone else have a direct link to the official Chinese images for this mission please?

They have around 4500 images already, although most of them are not being posted online (mores the pity), but they are making some available, i'm buggered if i can find them...only reprints from news outlets so far.

edit on 16-12-2013 by MysterX because: added more info

This should get you there,

english.cntv.cn...

There is a video in english, although it will do your head in after a bit.

Maybe I'm just missing the information on that page you linked, but as "MysterX" commented, I would like to see the web page from the Chinese Space agency in which all of the images are cataloged and available for display/download.

A page that has all of the image files from the various cameras all in one pace would be very helpful -- such as the web pages NASA and JPL has for the images from the Curiosity rover and the Spirit and Opportunity rovers on Mars.

edit on 12/16/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

wmd_2008
reply to post by eriktheawful

Yes you got it erik I am a bit surprised that wildspace didn't.

I'm a bit confused with the order of posts and replies here. What exactly did I not get?
edit on 16-12-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

wildespace

wmd_2008

I'm a bit confused with the order of posts and replies here. What exactly did I not get?

LROC / Moon Hoaxers / LROC showing terrain from Yutu proves LROC images not fake.

I said that it wouldn't mater, they will still believe LROC is fake (or that now China is in or it and faking too), etc, etc.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

Maybe I'm just missing the information on that page you linked, but as "MysterX" commented, I would like to see the web page from the Chinese Space agency in which all of the images are cataloged and available for display/download.

A page that has all of the image files from the various cameras all in one pace would be very helpful -- such as the web pages NASA and JPL has for the images from the Curiosity rover and the Spirit and Opportunity rovers on Mars.

China Central TV seems to be the official info channel at the moment. You could try the Wiki site on Chang'3 and look for any other links. There is a Chinese Lunar Exploration Project, (CLEP) link which is unavailable at this time. That link you will find here,

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
We all better watch out! China's now only 45 years behind us. next thing you know, they'll be developing Microwave Ovens, Cable TV and clear Pepsi.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Cheers smurfy, much appreciated mate.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

surfinguru

Daedalus

another thing...everyone is talking about mining the bejesus out of the moon....unless they're planning to replace the mass they remove, with something else, i foresee problems with this plan..

That's always my first thought when I hear people discussing mining the resources of the moon. The moon has such a significant daily impact on our world, how can anyone in their right mind think that changing the current equilibrium is ok?

In my small walnut brain, I would think less moon mass equals the moon moving out of earths orbit sooner than it would naturally do so. Now maybe if that mass is transferred to Earth, the Earth creates additional gravitational pull to offset the loss of moon mass???

I don't know, to me it just seems like a really, really bad idea to wholesale remove lunar mass.

well, there's that, but i was also thinking about the interplay between the gravitational field of the moon, and the earth..as i recall, the moon is responsible for quite a few things....if the moon's mass changes, it's ability to do what it does now may also change, spelling..well DOOM™ for us all...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TownCryer

i LOL'ed...thanks for that..

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

You'd have to mine a huge amount for it to make any difference.

Remember too, meteorites strike the moon quite often, and add to it's mass very slightly each time.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

eriktheawful
Okay, while I agree that NASA is not really going anywhere with manned space flight

Yup and thats what counts as far as

eriktheawful
I still fail to see how NASA is "lagging behind".

You already pointed out why.

eriktheawful
Okay, while I agree that NASA is not really going anywhere with manned space flight

Russia, ESA and China will be on mars before the USA. Once China and Russia start claiming the solar system that it for the USA. They will choke you off with resource control.

This isnt about looking at stars, searching for life and curiosity.

Its about explotation of the solar system.

eriktheawful
First: not one other country on the face of this Earth has landed a human being on another world or moon, except for the US and NASA.

What you did in the past is irrevent. While the USA is resting on its laurals its rivals are pushing things futher and takeing to the next level. You put a man on the moon, cute, but you should have pushed things futher.

eriktheawful
You (and others) are acting like the rover from China, Yutu, was a manned mission. Until China (or another country) has actually done this, it is they that are "lagging behind". Even then, they need to exceed the number we put up out there.

O I agree, they are still "behind" but they seem to have a directon and motive, something NASA lacks in. At the rate China is going in a few years NASA will be behind. Russia already has more infrastructure than NASA with the ability to launch manned missions and like China is has a solid direction.

eriktheawful
So they have plans with goals that are earlier than NASA's. A lot of people and countries have plans. Sometimes those plans come to true and happen. Sometimes they do not (for one reason or another).

Well at the moment Russia and China seem to have the dircetion and motive and long term outlook.

eriktheawful
And of course President Obama killed that plan, insisting that we take a much longer route to Mars....with no budget or space craft really.

So plans can change. Attitudes can change. Things happen.

You your wishy washy goverment sold your futures out.

eriktheawful
However, you and others are acting like because other countries have plans, that they've already done it! I believe the old saying is: "counting your chickens before the eggs hatch."

Im just going by who seem to accoplsihing the most at the moment. Maybe things will change and the USA will pull its finger out?

eriktheawful
How many of these other countries have space probes and craft on, around or in orbit of other worlds?
And of those that do: how many do they have? How many successful missions have they done?

July 2015, New Horizons will pass by Pluto and give us the first up close and detailed pictures of that world. Who sent it? NASA. Just earlier that same year, the DAWN space craft will visit Ceres....who else has gotten there? No one.

Juno is on it's way to Jupiter. First was Pioneer 10 (NASA)....then Voyager 1 (NASA), then Voyager 2 (NASA)....then Galileo (NASA)......and now Juno (NASA).

You see this is where my views differ. I dont care about the probs except for the Moon ,mars and near earth orbjects ones that are there testing resources and landing sites. Explotation not exploration.
The pure exploration stuff can come after we set up a soild infrastructre.

eriktheawful

One president tried to get them back on their feet. The next one kicked their feet back out from under them.

Stop being angry at NASA. Put your anger were it should be: politicians.

As I said the US public needs to get your goverment to pull its finger out before you do get left behind and end up a backwater country chocked off by countrys that did step forward and took the tressures of our solar system.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

And this is exactly what I was thinking!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by surfinguru

Were talking extracting probabaly 0.0000000001% of its total mass. Except for He3 there not much on the moon really, its mars thats the jem and near earth objects. The moon really is just good as a steping stone and base of operations.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Whoa... Take a breath there on NASA. It's not *THAT* far behind by any stretch of the imagination. They shelved some of the very high profile and high value programs, so in a public way? It looks real real bad. I mean, hitching rides from the Russians to visit our own station? Thats...wrong.

Despite Orion and of course the Shuttle program being scrapped, there is no agency in the world remotely close for operational systems in space and actively running missions in and OUT of our Solar System (given Voyagers are outbound).

NASA has stumbled in some areas, while getting stronger in others (Mars exploration is beyond anything achieved before and largely in the past few years for that). While things which may be life and death to Earth as a planet, like the activity of our Sun, does take priority and NASA is supporting and assisting the daily operation of what is watching the Sun in 360 degree viewing ...for the first time in history, I'd add... and also part of what came online in just the last few years.

So I think NASA's progress and maintaining position is VERY relative to what area of work and research in Space is being looked at. Manned stuff? I hope commercial options move faster. Unmanned and deep space activity? I can't say we're unmatched..not exactly...but it's real close to being an accurate statement.
edit on 16-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

You know what? Your right as you are most the time

Its just I see wasted potential. Wasted oportunties.

We could have been on mars ten years ago. We could be minning the treasures of the solar system. It just would have taken a big investment to get the infrastructre up there to do it, but it would have ensured our future. $800 billion on the US military, just diverting $50 billion could have accoplsihed all sorts.

My anger is just frustartion, that we will spend nearly trillions on killing each other but when it comes down to something mankind could really benifit from we drop the ball

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

smurfy

Soylent Green Is People

China Central TV seems to be the official info channel at the moment. You could try the Wiki site on Chang'3 and look for any other links. There is a Chinese Lunar Exploration Project, (CLEP) link which is unavailable at this time. That link you will find here,

en.wikipedia.org...

I tried the Chinese Lunar Exploration Program (CLEP) website yesterday, but I can't remember if it was working for me then (it isn't working at the moment), or if it was working but I did not find info there. Whatever the reason, I did not find info there.

www.clep.org.cn...

I also already tried the official website of the China National Space Administration, but there was no obvious link to Chang'e 3 images -- and it seems that the page (at least the English version) has not been updated in quite some time:

www.cnsa.gov.cn...

I tried the Chinese version of that page:
www.cnsa.gov.cn...

and translated it:
[url]http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnsa.gov.cn%2Fn615708%2Findex.html&act=url[/u rl]

...but still no luck.

edit on 12/16/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Anyone know why China chose this location? I scanned through and didn't see anything. sorry if it was mentioned.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

eriktheawful

wildespace

wmd_2008

LROC / Moon Hoaxers / LROC showing terrain from Yutu proves LROC images not fake.

I said that it wouldn't mater, they will still believe LROC is fake (or that now China is in or it and faking too), etc, etc.

Yes that's all there was to it, now lets see some images with no stars, shadows going different direction and other classic BS of the Apollo Hoax believers what will they say will any actually have the NADS to admit they got it wrong maybe just maybe we could say Sayonara to it and all the other larken about PUNS intended!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

wmd_2008
Yes that's all there was to it, now lets see some images with no stars, shadows going different direction

Oh! Shadows!
Can I be the first...

There ya go. Almost no two the same.

Kubrick obviously faked his own death so that he could go to China to set it all up.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Looks like artificial lighting, just increased brightness and contrast.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-12-2013 by GaryN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

GaryN
Looks like artificial lighting, just increased brightness and contrast.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-12-2013 by GaryN because: (no reason given)

Or more likely, judging by the colour, it's a photo of the big screen at the mission control. A photo of the rover taken from the lander shows no such brightness falloff. We also see no artificial lighting on the photo of the lander taken from the rover. And the images look quite bright, even overexposed.

You can aslo see the Sun reflecting off the rover onto the lunar surface (to the right of the rover). Also look at the rover's shadow. Did China also land a big floodlight there?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join