It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter pilot confronted by UFO fleet

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

The guy says he's a pilot with 33 years experience. Do you really think he can't tell the difference between birds, stuff on his windshield, ect. I doubt he would get this excited if he didn't believe it was something other than the explanations most here are trying to convince themselves of. Just saying. I know you need to be cautious with these type of stories but damn. Can a guy get the benefit of doubt in some cases?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
so there are 8dots, wheres this helicopter you spoke of? ... i doubt its 1 of those round dots..

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

You obviously didn't read my later response and have zero aptitude for satire/cynicism. So here it is again:

UnBreakable
"Swamp gas and/or ball lightening".

0bserver1
"You're the expert I guess , Everybody hold your horses Case solved go home now... "

UnBreakable
"I was being facetious, Skippy. It was a tongue-in-cheek respone as a way to make light of the skeptics who automatically debunk everything UFO related right off. So cool your tool".

edit on 14-12-2013 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

ThinkYouSpeak
if those are birds they must be HUGE. i know people will say "waaaaaaaa but theres nothing to compare scale here" hat's quite a distance, if it was a bird i highly doubt it would be visible let alone the size of another aircraft?

what of high altitude vultures circling a carcass?

They would be "there one second, and then gone".. diving below the sight line of the pilot.

IDK?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

saiyankev
so there are 8dots, wheres this helicopter you spoke of? ... i doubt its 1 of those round dots..

The photo is taken from INSIDE the helicopter.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

For what we know these UFOs could easily be part of some secret collaboration between races?
It's incomprehensible to guess what those UFOs are but flying together in formation somehow has a human characteristic feature to it?

edit on 0b31America/ChicagoSat, 14 Dec 2013 17:22:31 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 14 Dec 2013 17:22:31 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Maybe these craft are being vectored in by HAARP, or pehaps that floating radar stationed in Alaska.

Actually, not a bad long shot from a helicopter platform, especially if it was taken by the pilot.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

0bserver1
reply to post by chiefsmom

I've seen it great movie.. I'm still mad at the aliens that took that kid with them..

you do know the movie was fiction, right?

as to the OP, would be nice to have more background on this...corroborating links...i mean, helicopters aren't really very common out there..it's mostly planes. hard to believe it was a chopper pilot, and that there's no other accounts of this from local air traffic....

also, that doesn't really look like brooks range....though, i suppose the time of year would matter for that....

we need more info.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I really need to stop replying on threads when I'm drinking!

I apologize to the OP and the members of ATS.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

AK907ICECOLD

I really need to stop replying on threads when I'm drinking!

I apologize to the OP and the members of ATS.

don't....skepticism is HUGELY important....

question everything.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Of course I knew you were being cynical. Just like everyone else who has made this sort of comment for who knows how many years. It's long past being remotely clever or entertaining and it's a knee jerk insult of anyone offering any explanation other than "OMG A UFO."

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

You don't have to apologize , It's a free discussion and if you think you're right about what you stated then thats your truth.. I really appreciate good and well thought skepticisms that lets you stand speechless but there are many bright minds here that do that occasionally... And that sometimes really s....ks because you know they are right about something!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

DelMarvel
reply to post by UnBreakable

Of course I knew you were being cynical. Just like everyone else who has made this sort of comment for who knows how many years. It's long past being remotely clever or entertaining and it's a knee jerk insult of anyone offering any explanation other than "OMG A UFO."

You still don't get it. I was making light of automatic debunkers. I am implying that it's a clear pic of a UFO. UFO meaning it can't be quickly written off as the usual explainantion of skeptics, ie swamp gas, ball lightening, chinese lanterns, etc.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Looks like he tossed some pennies out a window. There is no info on who this guy is anywhere. Also, who are his witnesses when he says "our helicopter".

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

"He grabbed his camera and could just take one picture."

Huh? One picture? From a helicopter?

Sorry, the one picture thing blows this for me. How hard is it and how long is it to go "click, click, click" and take a few photos with today's cameras?

I call BS.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
HOAX

I can tell with my trained eye those objects are just specs of dirt on the windshield. I can tell because of the sharpness of the objects and the foreground, compared to the background. I can see the depth of field effect in the image.

In the lower right corner of the image you can see a part of the helicopter. The edge of that part can be studied, and you can see that it is in focus, and sharp. You can also study the edges of the "UFOS" and their sharpness. They both have a similar level of sharpness. This to me tells me they are both the same distance from the camera.

Compare that with the soft background (mountains), which are further away, you can see a definite "depth of field" effect. No details on any of the background is sharp. So, I can see with 100% certainty that the "UFOS" are really close to the camera, like specs on the windshield.

Otherwise, if those "UFOS" were further away and still look as sharp as they do, the cameras depth of field would have to be infinite, but that would mean way more sharpness would be visible with the mountains in the background, but its not.

Just looking at it, I can tell objects are close, their edges are just too sharp. There is NO DEPTH.

Add that to the fact we only have ONE image. That alone is suspect.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
A second note, they do NOT look lit by the sun. They don't show any signs of Rayleigh scattered light orange-yellow sunset color like the tops of the mountains. They look too dark to be out 1000's of feet in the sky. They are definitely close to the camera, and in some type of shadow probably cast by the helicopter. There is a little ambient color from the environment, but not DIRECT sunlight.
edit on 14-12-2013 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm liking these pics, feeling pretty confident about them. Not so great you say, "fake". & not so poor/ abstract that it could be anything.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I have to be honest. I've looked at this picture a few times over the last few days since it was posted, and to me it looks exactly like splatter we used to see on the nose of aircraft all the time. I have no idea what it comes from, be it bug guts or skydrol, but it looks EXACTLY like that.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

Wait! There are eight of them!? Santa had eight reindeer! Mystery solved!

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, and Blitzen.

That's eight...

And Rudolph makes NINE!

Sorry, dude. I know you're a mod' and all that, but some things are just way too important to get wrong

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join