It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message for kids; Santa and Jesus were white, so stop complaining

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

FlyersFan

xEphon
You're just being obtuse. ... So no, the reporter is NOT technically right so you can keep your "ignoramus" statements.

Right backatchya ....

Asian. Negroid. Caucasoid. That's it. Why you people on the left have such a hard time acknowledging when a caucasian person, who is admired, is caucasian ... well it's asstounding. Like i said, if someone tried to take away the fact that MLK was black, ya'll would be foaming at the mouth ....

Jesus probably had olive skin. That makes him caucasian. 'White'.

My hispanic daughter, who is darker than many black children in her class, is 'caucasian'
and has had to check off the 'white' box on legal forms.

It's just the facts of the matter. Deal with it.

Ohhh, I see.

You seem to be harboring under the dillusion that those three official classifications are the only classes of races in the world. I got news for you, everyone outside of the Census Bureau doesn't refer to ethnic categories that way.

Why does your daughter check the "causasian" box on legal forms?

They make those forms with "hispanic" as an option.

At least they did through every major test I had all through school...

Oh look, I guess that means there's more races in the world than just those three.

Oh, and also, you seem to say "the reporter was correct" a lot.

Defending Fox News...?

That should tell everyone here what kind of argument this is...

The fact that she's referring to a fictional man modeled after a Pagan God's race as "historical fact" is the hilarious icing on the freakin' cake here.

edit on Xx53650531PM125 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Under "race", I always put NASCAR.

2nd

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
For the Morans who think Jesus or the ancient Jews were not typical Caucasians--- King Herod and his descendants were "big" into creating great buildings and art. There are a few surviving busts of some of the Herods, although the law against "graven images" prevented them from copying the great sculpture traditions of Greece and Rome. The Greeks ruled Palestine from 320 BC till the Maccabee Revolt. They intermarried routinely. The dark skins of modern Palestinians is undoubtedly due to influx of conquering Arabs in the 8th century AD. The peoples who lived in Palestine at the time of Christ and who have had the least mixing with Arab Moslems would be the Sephardic Jews and the Egyptian Copts--not the current residents. Google copts or sephardi to get some good images of just how "white" they are.

Of course Arabs are actually caucasian also, but with typically darker skins and their own regular facial types.

edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Due to my illness (beer intolerance) I posted on the wrong thread if you could take this solitary star and move it over, I will be eternally grateful and so will George Bush (senior and junior),

edit on 13-12-2013 by Horus12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Tusks
For the Morans who think Jesus or the ancient Jews were not typical Caucasians--- King Herod and his descendants were "big" into creating great buildings and art.

What's Moran? Do you mean "moron"?

www.dailywritingtips.com...

I have found that when insulting people, it helps to use proper spelling; otherwise you look like a moron.

Otherwise your post was informative.

edit on 13-12-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

olaru12

Tusks
For the Morans who think Jesus or the ancient Jews were not typical Caucasians--- King Herod and his descendants were "big" into creating great buildings and art.

I have found that when insulting people, it helps to use proper spelling; otherwise you look like a moron.

Otherwise you post was informative.

You're missing something.

Another Moran joins the group.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Tusks

olaru12

Tusks

Otherwise you post was informative.

You're missing something.

Another Moran joins the group.

HA.... funny.

The only thing you've proven with your statement was that there's a possibility that Jesus may have been lighter skinned, but who's to say. You're using that loose thread as a base for speaking as though the suspicion is fact, which it isn't.

And if I'm correct, that's exactly what that moronic news reporter was doing, albeit she was QUITE a lot more ignorant than most of us here on ATS. She was saying Jesus, a historical figure that lived long before any of us and who's shrouded in a thick cloud of stories and controversy, and Santa, a fictional character, were DEFINITELY both white. She spoke her ignorant assumptions as facts, and even wanted to spread her ignorance to the kids watching.

If you haven't got the message quite right, don't try to spread it, ya know?

Disinformation hurts more than no information.

Also... that's NOT you you spell "moron."

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

The argument that he was anything other than white would need some kind of significant evidence to be honestly propounded. No one has provided such as yet.

In the spirit of "denying ignorance", posters on certain types of websites need to have a functional understanding of "urban slang." Here's your lesson for the day: www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Tusks

The argument that he was anything other than white would need some kind of significant evidence to be honestly propounded. No one has provided such as yet.

In the spirit of "denying ignorance", posters on certain types of websites need to have a functional understanding of "urban slang." Here's your lesson for the day: www.urbandictionary.com...

We don't need evidence, because we all understand that middle eastern folks are NOT white. THAT'S where our basis for argument comes from, that simple fact.

What you stated was a legit argument, but provides nothing but theoretical suspicion.

Basically, you don't know any better than anyone else here.

The topic isn't weather Jesus (Yeshua, Jesus wasn't his real name either) was white.

Its the fact that no one knows for sure, yet this ignorant woman stated her dumb assumptions as fact, knowing it would rile up anyone who saw it and start another social race war, and throwing Santa (fictional character) and children into it only amplifies the effect.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Yes I have seen these explanations, one the product of the iconoclasm which is very documented and the other a product of the marriage of pagan and christian beliefs, changed slightly old nick or satan , became St. Nick or Santa, now moving on I just don't see any of this as news and anyone surprised by it, do no not take offense, but have you been living in a bubble all your life and not questioned one single thing ?

These sorts of debates, if you can call it that leave me thinking one thing.

and that is,

Fiction is much stranger than truth

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Newsflash: Megyn Kelly says Jesus/Santa show segment was HUMOR

Looks like Megyn has the majority of you folks bent over getting a big one all for nothing...lol.

Megyn claims humor in her statement

edit on 14-12-2013 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Believe what you want what I read is it was such a fail she was absent from the show the next day , this woman was not acting or trying to stoke up humor, if so she needs to work on her delivery and content, despite her and the network she works for campaign to put lipstick on a pig and save her career, days later her career coaches attempts to create a PR blitz and turn her ignorance into humor will most assuredly fall on deaf ears at this point and she will remain a clown, people are not as stupid as FOX News keeps trying to convince people that they are.

Even if she were intending to elicit any emotion, it most certainly was not humor because the joke was on her , tomatoes would be thrown at the stage if comedy were her next career pursuit.

Aside from that she appears to be a very intelligent and focused woman, I won't hold this against her, just a stumble where it turned out that she landed on her face .
edit on 14-12-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

I hope you realize my comment was all tongue in cheek, just as much as Megyn is trying to claim her comments are in good jest....yeah, riiiiiite.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I didn’t see her comments first hand but I doubt she didn’t reflect her true inner beliefs that are programmed by white supremacist thinking that needs ALL things powerful and important WHITE.

A myth, Santa Clause and a demi God Jesus just has to be white

Also the man in the moon is white
Superman is white
Bat man is white
Spider man is white
The Tooth Fairy is white

On and on it never stops

I imagine the only one who isn’t white to her is the junk man

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Seriously folks this is to good to be true. Probably scripted. Part of the overall psyop of things that come out of the mouths of these "newspeak" people right and left, fair or balanced, but off the cuff. More proof that video hasn't killed the radio star or its just conformation of the blond thing.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

OH THANK GOD (white god of course)

That we have white Jesus, and white santa, I can now go to white heaven in peace.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

beezzer
The really funny thing is that the Slate article wanted Santa replaced with a penguin, and have the North Pole relocated to the South Pole.

Baby Jesus was white, Santa is white, snow is white.

There might be something to this after all.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Theres always the white devil too.

Whites, snatchin' up all the archetypes!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Hmmm white eh...since Jesus was supposed to be middle Eastern, i'd imagine he would have been tan / olive skinned, not strictly white per se.

But hey, who cares what colour someone is or was, much less a couple of fictional characters anyway?

edit on 14-12-2013 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Tusks

Of course Arabs are actually caucasian also, but with typically darker skins and their own regular facial types.

This is so crummy. Herod may have had this guy shot his art is so sloppy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join