It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message for kids; Santa and Jesus were white, so stop complaining

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

No…Jesus was not White!

“Historical fact” claims this ignorant woman.

But usually if a person is historically from a place where brown Asians are then we surmise that they aren’t European “whites”

Jesus history clearly indicates that he WAS FROM PALESTINE! An Asiatic culture where the people are usually not white.

Original Palestinian people or Hebrew WERE NOT WHITE EUROPEANS.

Go look at people from Palestine and you will see they aren’t white

Myself, I don’t care what color he was but people who want to advocate Eurocentric supremacy HAS TO MAKE JESUS WHITE even though facts of history and reality counter this idea.

Now she could make Santa Clause white since he has supposed to came from Northern Europe, where indeed the people are white Europeans.

Though I might add that: doesn’t she know old Santa doesn’t exist!

This ignorant woman obviously thinks she is staring down the politically correct who want to make Santa Clause and Jesus, for the sake of the minorities, somthing other than white, and expects to be heralded as some right-wing nut hero.
But here I have news for her; all of the evidence is that Jesus wasn’t European “white”

He wasn’t from Scandinavia, France, Germany, England, Russia or any other European land.

At best for those obsessed with race logically he was probably brownish or tan being from the Mideast.

But the thing is that some white folks violently oppose any assertion that Jesus Christ wasn’t white

If you dare make a movie with a brown or even olive Jesus you better plan to get a hefty group of body guards.

Jesus was from an oriental, likely dark skinned to olive skinned people similar to what the average Mideast person is today.

The only possibility for Jesus’ being “ white” certainly not culturally white, is if his lineage branched off into any Turkic or Hellenistic( Greek) associations but there is no indication in the history we know that that occurred.

edit on 13-12-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
I think it's hilarious to watch conservatives try and defend FOX News on this one.

What's there to defend?

I get my news from Comedy Central and my comedy from FOX News these days.

Um...okay.

The level of ignorance on FNC has just sunk so low that any moment could be comedy gold. What's next? President Reagan is a prophet of God?

Yeah, because they're stupid and um. . . . MSNBC is so smart. (rolly eyes emoticon)

I bet the woman in that segment would get a long nicely with Sarah Palin.

Who knows. Mysteries abound!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

signalfire

We've been told lies as a matter of course about everything, our entire lives. How is an intellectually challenged person supposed to know what's real, and what's imaginary? If telling our children the truth isn't important, I don't know what is, but you certainly won't solve society's problems if your approach to them is idiotic fairy tales and sinister threats if the fairy tales aren't believed.

Children will often believe these things, and usually between 4-8 they arc high enough on the developmental curve to recognize that it is a story. This is normal. Most of us have the "The day I knew Santa wasn't real story" of our own. Story is normal. Story is developmentally necessary for children, and even psychologically necessary for adults. It is also normal, and even necessary for us to have that moment when we realize that a story isn't true. It teaches us to be critical thinkers, to handle disappointment, and to understand the importance of metaphor. I completely disagree that "fairy tales" won't solve societies problems. The easiest way to get people to change behavior is not to lecture them, but to present them with a play, or a novel centered around an idea or ideal. Fairy tales, stories can solve at least some problems by getting people to think differently. While the potential for abuse is there, a fiction is not always a bad thing.

However, I will acknowledge that stories can be used to manipulate a population to their detriment, and I think your larger issue is perhaps with the Jesus Narrative. However, throwing out the baby with the bathwater, and just dump an entire narrative, or even get rid of all fantasy because it is "a lie" is irresponsible, reactionary, and extremist hysteria. As the most pertinent and influential example, there are plenty of good lessons that strengthen a society even in the Bible; how that story has been manipulated, and abused historically to maintain power however is a separate issue. People will always vie for dominance, regardless of the specifics of the narrative used.

If you genuinely believe that there is a potentially blurry line between the Tooth Fairy and reality for most adults, and this possibility actually frightens you, this says far more about your mental state and perspective than the story, the mental state and perspective of the people who tell it, or a society in general.

As an aside, this is an interesting discussion, but it is off topic (as much as there was a topic in the OP); but if you would like to continue please feel free to message me.

edit on 13-12-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

A Typical right wing attitude, bringing politics into everything....

Anyways...

Santa might be white, Jesus was sure as hell was not "White".. he was probably like a middle eastern, light brown person with dark curly hair.

"Honey, we been praying to a brown guy!"

Of course, this would shatter the view of religious fundies of the right wing.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'll agree that MSNBC is pretty awful. I think we can ALL agree CNN is probably the worst though.

On a lighter note, a couple of years ago I bought a 24" black Santa statue. I saw it on the JC Penny website, and decided to walk in and buy him.

So there I am walking around the Christmas section, and I find my Santa. I also notice that the only person ringing up customers is an older African American woman. I panic. I'm white, and I'm buying "Black Santa" all by himself.

When I get to the counter the lady looks at the Santa, up at me, and gives me that skeptical "Oh really?" look with a raised eyebrow.

That was a pretty awkward shopping moment.

ETA: He gets put next to the other Santas I have each year.
edit on 13-12-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Meh, all of the media is biased to an extent.

Juts the Fox takes the bias-ness and runs with it.

Unlike the other biased new station, Fox is not only biased, it is an extension of the republican party

They target people with fear like "they gon git yer freedom" and you see the viewers stocking up on ammunition while NRA writes a check for Fox.

Fox News.
Propaganda and sensationalism.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Maybe Santa and Jesus should both be purple instead. I mean, it worked for Barney, didn't it?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Fox, MSNBC and the rest are no longer "news" channels anymore, but rather "infotainment" channels.

A little info, a bunch of entertainment.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

luciddream

Meh, all of the media is biased to an extent.

Juts the Fox takes the bias-ness and runs with it.

Unlike the other biased new station, Fox is not only biased, it is an extension of the republican party

They target people with fear like "they gon git yer freedom" and you see the viewers stocking up on ammunition while NRA writes a check for Fox.

Fox News.
Propaganda and sensationalism.

Fox may say, "They're gonna get yer freedom!"

But MSNBC says, "We're gonna take yer freedom!"

(laughing)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hell at least MSNBC agree that it is the ones that takes your freedom lol.

Not some non-existing threat..

when i watch MSNBC i see the bias-ness there. its hard to not notice it. But they subtle it down when they broadcast it.

But Fox does a tabloid version of it. Like "White House spends 7 Trillion, how much is enough!! Dun dun dun!!!" or "Obama might be gay! who is his gay lover?!", sometimes when a topic is being discussed, the anchormen/women will discuss it like they opinion matters...like "yes i see that matt, what a world we live" that is the difference i see between the two, i just don't seen the professionalism in their behaviour..

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I have to agree. Fox News reminds me of that movie "Idiocracy" where people have names like "Beef Supreme" and "Frito".

Broadcast volume level turned to the max? Check.
Explosions and flashy graphics? Check.
Hot women? Check.
Scary, masculine sounding voice overs? Check.

Fox News also reminds me of those radio ads you hear in the summer for monster truck rallies.

"Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! The daredevil dukes of Donneville take on the evil crushing forces of the Guillotine Machine! Wet t-shirt contests and plenty of PBR swag! Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!"

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

ispyed
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Jesus was British you know.... Don't tell anyone.

Then how do you explain this?

British my butt.

rickymouse
Just rearrange the letters on Santa.

Let's see, you have Sanat whom is an eternal being that is SUPPOSED to be running this world. God appointed this being.

Or maybe you have Satan whom is is said to run this place. But Satan is the one who tests us....Kind of sounds like the job of Sanat.

No, humans run this world by deceit and greed, there isn't even a god for that in reality.

Oh well, just an off topic response

Make no mistake, the Santanists are trying to save Christmas.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

And MSNBC is staffed by guys I used to beat up in high school.

(laughs a lot at this!)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

TheWrightWing
This was started over some whining article to the effect of "Wah, well known white people in western culture make me feel bad about myself" which is pretty twisted and sickening.

It seems the sort who are first to accuse others of Racism! are the same people obsessed with other peoples' skin colour.

Who is St. Nicholas, anyway?

Apparently he is guilty of the crime of having lighter skin pigmentation, which just by itself, oppresses anyone else who has darker skin than his.

Would some people feel better if he had spent more time at the seaside and got a nice tan? No, that would probably be racist, too.

The whining article even went as far as to suggest re-writing history (The Current Truth!) to alter the skin colour of figures like Santa, into something more politically fashionable.

Is there a lesson to be learned here?

The thread is about FOX's ignorant reaction to an ignorant article. Just because they were responding to something stupid doesn't mean they get to sound even more stupid.

If there's not a thread about the original article, maybe you can make one.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Haha!

I suppose if Fox gets people excited about dry news subjects it's doing SOME good. I have a feeling that if Fox didn't "spice" up it's format, it's regular viewers wouldn't watch the news at all.

I guess some news is better than no news?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I have a picture of Baby Jesus and his mommy in my Bible. The Bible doesn't lie and both Jesus and his mom are white folks.

I just saw Santa at the mall and he looked Mexican to me.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

olaru12

I just saw Santa at the mall and he looked Mexican to me.

Nah, Santa just got back from a vacation in Cancun. That's just a tan he's got.

When you live at the North Pole, it's nice to get some sun and sand every now and then!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Getting my news from Megyn Kelly sure beats a brick to the head as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

It would be really awesome if people on ATS would actually do a little research before spouting off in self-righteous indignation.

Semitic peoples are a Caucasian race. Hate to burst your bubble on this one, but it is true. Note:

Caucasian race (also Caucasoid)[1] is the general physical type of some or all of the populations of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western, Central and South Asia.[2] The term was used in biological anthropology for many people from these regions, without regard necessarily to skin tone.[3

en.wikipedia.org...

Note that it says that it has NOTHING to do with skin tone. Perhaps the news anchor would have been better off saying Caucasian, rather than white, so as to avoid the less informed to go off on a weird tangent without any understanding of anthropology and the origins of man.

Conceived as one of the great races, alongside Mongoloid and Negroid, it was taken to consist of a number of "subraces". The Caucasoid peoples were usually divided in three groups on linguistic grounds, termed Aryan (Indo-European), Semitic (Semitic languages), and Hamitic (Berber-Cu#ic-Egyptian).

ibid

Jesus WAS a Caucasian. This is a fact. Accept it.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Picture what we think what Jesus looks like is also blaimed to be a portrait of Cesare Borgia a bastard son of pope Alexander VI. We need to remember that Catholic church has taken some liberties how to show him. And Pope Alexander patronized the art and loved to have his kids been painted.

Tho can´t really put my finger in who was the figure outside of bible ( roman ) who wrote about Jesus and according to his words he was more fair looking than others.. im trying to recollect that lol

And Santa.. that pagan figure definately were white... and mean

edit on 13-12-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join