It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Facebook Page Censorship

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by guardian0111

Great post my friend

King
edit on 12/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

I do have one, thank you for your concern though

King

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

ATSmediaPRO
reply to post by kingears

First let me apologize that I didn't fully address your situation. I was running some errands when I received an alert on this thread and tried to address it in a parking lot leaching off R.E.I's internet

The post itself wasn't the issue, it was the comment you left on the Facebook page itself. I've tried locating the post because I did delete/ban you from the Facebook Page and the stats only show User Posts from December 5th.

I realize this means a lot to you, so I've lifted the ban from the ATS Page. For future reference please do not post material that is banned from discussion on ATS or market pages or websites on the ATS Facebook Page. Thank you.

Thank you, i can comment and like posts again. Can you PM me my comment that contravened the T&Cs? I wasn't aware that these extended to the Facebook page as there is no mention of this and I don't see why they should apply to fb anyway.

King

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

guardian0111
A site claiming to deny ignorance and harping on free expression should really have a answer to the topics that i caught them 404'ing. I'm not demanding or trying to be rude but the credibility is totally on the line. And after deleting my comment on the alien spider thing filmed in Russia. That was the last straw. I told people it's not a hoax because ATS has no proof of it being a hoax. I told everyone to think and research for themselves and find out why it's a hoax. Is it likely a hoax? Sure, but has it been proven at all? Absolutely not. I'm one person in a small group of 300 online where we discuss certain conspiracies. Our group is watching this site closely and i think we have our answer to the credibility of this site.

Greeting Guardian0111, I never heard back from you after the 3 day time limit. What happened?

In 3 days your credibility will be decided between me and a private discussion group of about 250 members. If your right, you guys will get alot of praise. If your wrong, we might think of ats as nearly equivalent disinfo as glp.

You've made quite an effort to make ATS look bad on the ATS Facebook page and multiple other pages. Your comment about ATS's ignorance was the last straw, for me. If you can not contribute something positive to the conversations, I can't let you play.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

ATSmediaPRO

First let me apologize that I didn't fully address your situation. I was running some errands when I received an alert on this thread and tried to address it in a parking lot leaching off R.E.I's internet

The post itself wasn't the issue, it was the comment you left on the Facebook page itself. I've tried locating the post because I did delete/ban you from the Facebook Page and the stats only show User Posts from December 5th.

I realize this means a lot to you, so I've lifted the ban from the ATS Page. For future reference please do not post material that is banned from discussion on ATS or market pages or websites on the ATS Facebook Page. Thank you.

The comment he made? What material is banned from discussion? You sound like the person i need to address this with. Please enlighten me. : ) So far, i tallied up jon cotner is elvis is not allowed. That site with the video saying sector ny water, run away. That's not allowed. Uhm... I posted a thread on nanotechnology that was closed and not allowed. So, what can i add to clarify the list? I won't ask you why. I just want to know what it is.

Also, within the last 24 hours my comment was deleted as it was gaining a bunch of likes on that topic regarding the spider creature in russia. I stated it was absolutely not debunked and asked for proof. I told people to think for themselves and do the debunking themselves. If they cannot debunk it. Ask why. So i don't see how disagreeing on a topic is enough to get my opinion removed?
edit on 12-12-2013 by guardian0111 because:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

kingears
reply to post by mekhanics

I do have one, thank you for your concern though

King

I should've checked where you located, my bad. You are the king

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Facebook stats are usually a few days behind. I'll send you the info when it becomes available. The rules are a bit more loose on Facebook BUT marketing other pages -WITHOUT PERMISSION- is a huge NO NO and is a Primarily reason for releasing the ban hammer.
edit on 12-12-2013 by ATSmediaPRO because: added without permission

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

ATSmediaPRO

guardian0111
A site claiming to deny ignorance and harping on free expression should really have a answer to the topics that i caught them 404'ing. I'm not demanding or trying to be rude but the credibility is totally on the line. And after deleting my comment on the alien spider thing filmed in Russia. That was the last straw. I told people it's not a hoax because ATS has no proof of it being a hoax. I told everyone to think and research for themselves and find out why it's a hoax. Is it likely a hoax? Sure, but has it been proven at all? Absolutely not. I'm one person in a small group of 300 online where we discuss certain conspiracies. Our group is watching this site closely and i think we have our answer to the credibility of this site.

Greeting Guardian0111, I never heard back from you after the 3 day time limit. What happened?

In 3 days your credibility will be decided between me and a private discussion group of about 250 members. If your right, you guys will get alot of praise. If your wrong, we might think of ats as nearly equivalent disinfo as glp.

You've made quite an effort to make ATS look bad on the ATS Facebook page and multiple other pages. Your comment about ATS's ignorance was the last straw, for me. If you can not contribute something positive to the conversations, I can't let you play.

I can contribute positively but my comments get pulled. And yeah our discussion group is small time and kinda a tight knit circle. You guys could not provide sufficient evidence concerning a topic being "viral or stealth marketing" So this places credibility within our private group is not very good. That's not a threat, it just is. I asked kindly and patiently for answers to censored topics you have failed to provide any evidence. Simple as that.

Please don't get it twisted, i don't care enough to go blast this site out there and make a big fuss. I don't. I like to privately comb through topics for facts/truth. Am i entitled to this opinion here? Can you blame me in THIS regard? Since that topic was resolved and i got the answer i figured i would, can someone answer what is banned from being discussed here? Just to clarify so i can play by the rules in the future.

It's simple for me. The topics you guys don't allow, i will try to tackle. Why must you say something like i need to play nice or get banned? If these things are not made clear, how am i supposed to play by the rules? Thanks for your response and time.

Someone who is as critical as myself is usually seen as a asset. But i guess when someone knows everything, criticism is just way over the line. I wanted to be proved wrong. Have A merry Christmas everyone.
edit on 12-12-2013 by guardian0111 because:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

I have just checked through my activity log and I only re-activated my facebook account on December 3rd and there is nothing I have posted that would contravene the T&Cs so I'm now very interested to see what you think i did wrong.

King

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I did and I was proved correct

King

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Forget looking for an answer as you will not get t.
As a couple above have stated, it is their page.
There are many truths I would like to discuss as to simulate thought but...
Their board, your chalk.
If you don't like it, you can take your clicks to another board, they are out there.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I'm actually quite shocked that this censorship is occuring on a website that they do not even own and is all in the name of maintaining public image. I thought ATS was better than this, how wrong i was.

King

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

kingears
reply to post by g146541

I'm actually quite shocked that this censorship is occuring on a website that they do not even own and is all in the name of maintaining public image. I thought ATS was better than this, how wrong i was.

King

Are you new to the internets' forums?

Because this happens on all of them. Or they would be ad-infected spamboards. Which no-one wants.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

I am aware this happens on the other forums I'm not thick. Have you even read the thread?

The original issue i had is that my post which was perfectly fine, was censored. They denied hiding it at first only to later admit to hiding the post and blocking me from commenting on their Facebook page. They say another comment of mine contravened this sites t&cs which apparently are in force beyond the realms of this site, which is not made clear on the facebook page and I don't think is fair on people who aren't members here, but make comments on ATS Facebook posts. How do they know what the t&cs are if they are not a member here? Don't you see any issue with ATS t&cs being enforced on a site that isn't their own?

King
edit on 13/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by guardian0111

I've sent you a PM

King

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

kingears
reply to post by ManFromEurope

I am aware this happens on the other forums I'm not thick. Have you even read the thread?

The original issue i had is that my post which was perfectly fine, was censored. They denied hiding it at first only to later admit to hiding the post and blocking me from commenting on their Facebook page. They say another comment of mine contravened this sites t&cs which apparently are in force beyond the realms of this site, which is not made cleaelr on the facebook page and I don't think is fair on people who aren't members here, but make comments on ATS Facebook posts. How do they know what the t&cs are if they are not a member here? Don't you see any issue with ATS t&cs being enforced on a site that isn't their own?

King

Uhm
Doesn't facebook have the right to remove post and pages that are not confirming with their t&c? (Not important in this discussion but it is step 1 in the scheme of fb)
Doesn't facebook give you the right to remove posts and comment and ultimately block people you want?
Does facebook ask you to state your own t&c you use to remove post, comments or ultimately block people?

As you are free to do so so is ATS.

Is it annoying? Yes

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
There are many different reasons threads end up in the Hoax forum. If you feel it doesn't belong there, don't worry about it. The people who agree with you already agree with you, and the people who don't never will. A topic being put there does nothing to stop people from discussing and analyzing the content. Raising trouble about why a thread has been put there violates the rule against discussing the board rules outside of this particular forum, and is pointless besides.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

So ATS doesn't like being criticized basically. They don't allow criticism here and try it seems to censor it elsewhere. Seems very totalitarian that we're not allowed to voice an opinion on how the site is run.

King

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
wow! guess i'm in the wrong thread!

wth?

bye bye!!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

kingears
reply to post by sepermeru

So ATS doesn't like being criticized basically. They don't allow criticism here and try it seems to censor it elsewhere. Seems very totalitarian that we're not allowed to voice an opinion on how the site is run.

King

You are right. Dead on.

The owners of this site constantly show an attitude like: "if you won't take our word for it, you must be stupid".

Also, the [HOAX] forum is the most interesting forum. Almost nothing in that forum is conclusively proven to be hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join