It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-fear mongerers are ruining this site

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Cuddlemongers, Fluffmongers, Lovemongers. Make up a word because they exist. I usually use Cuddlemonger.

edit on 8-12-2013 by Pimpintology because: of cuddlemongers!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

winofiend
reply to post by surrealist

I see. So ATS should cater to the lowest common form of discussion and be 100% fear mongering paranoid propaganda with zero substance and no logic?

I mean it's got that in spades, but anyone who tires of the constant illogical posturing and voices their weary concerns in the form of contempt, are spoiling it?

2012 came and went. Did anything change?

ISON came and went. Did anything change?

Ahh well, we'll always have nibiru to carry us forward into the ignorant era of new age propaganda.

I am sure that little black dot in the picture I took of the sun with my $90 cmos camera is nibiru. I am sure. And those sprinklers, man look what they put in the water, all those colours. And you can't tell me that sun dog is a sun dog, I've seen sun dogs and thats no sun dog it's a ufo space ship decloaking.

I know. I read it on GLP.

What I don't understand is that if those forums are so despised by yourself, then why do you bother to visit them? I agree with some of your points here but at the same time I see where the OP is coming from. I sit back and read a lot of these threads and I see a number of members who I think go a little out of their way to ridicule and belittle the posters. Why are they so determined to thread kill? If they can't stand the topic, then leave it alone and allow others their entertainment, because in the end, that's what it is...entertainment. For me personally, there are a number of topics that as soon as I see them in the title, I don't bother to visit the thread, such as Niburu. It's that simple.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
if the enemy within is defeated, the enemy outside can do me no harm

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

You know the anti-fear mongerers occasionally if quite often invent the fear in the first place. I guess by doing this they can then either post a disagreement or rebuttal which is completely fine, or launch an offensive unwarranted attack of sorts.

Exactly, no one is fearful except those expressing that there is fear mongering and most of those are not fearful they simply want to cause a scene not have a discussion of the topic.

One thing most have in common is they do not discuss the topic, they attack the threads right to exist or the person who started the thread or persons enjoying the discussion of the topic.
edit on 8-12-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Harte

thesaneone
Whats ruining this site is the cry babies that start a thread give an opinion then cry to the mods because they don't like someone else opinion.

Star.
The title of this thread is itself a cry for ridicule. "Anti fear mongerers?" What a laugh. As if being a fear monger is desireable.

And they're "ruining" the site as well!

Harte

Well it would have been hard to make the point in the right language...what title :
People who constantly accuse others of Fear-mongering are ruining the site?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

spartacus699
if the enemy within is defeated, the enemy outside can do me no harm

Yes but which side are you taking? Are you my friend or enemy?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

If anything is ruining this site, its those who think it should all be "doom and gloom" fear mongering.

And if thats all you come here for...and all youre looking for...and all you want to see here (apparently)...then there are other sites to accommodate those who carry around an EXTRA tin foil hat or 2 everywhere because they only want to read fear-mongering posts.

There is room for both here. If its bothersome? Don't read them.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

surrealist
Some of these I posted myself, mainly in the global meltdown forum, which is how I built my star and flags relative high compared to my number of posts. This s&f profile has barely moved over the past nine or so months. I just don't want to post here anymore.

I'll probably get ridiculed for this but people who care about flag and star count is what has ruined this site.

It should be about content like it was when I joined. Now it's all about who has the most stars, flags and posts. I could give a crap how many times you've posted or how many stars you have. Those things are irrelevant. I want content and a thought out OP.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Rezlooper

winofiend

I see. So ATS should cater to the lowest common form of discussion and be 100% fear mongering paranoid propaganda with zero substance and no logic?

I mean it's got that in spades, but anyone who tires of the constant illogical posturing and voices their weary concerns in the form of contempt, are spoiling it?

Ahh well, we'll always have nibiru to carry us forward into the ignorant era of new age propaganda.

I am sure that little black dot in the picture I took of the sun with my $90 cmos camera is nibiru. I am sure. And those sprinklers, man look what they put in the water, all those colours. And you can't tell me that sun dog is a sun dog, I've seen sun dogs and thats no sun dog it's a ufo space ship decloaking.

What I don't understand is that if those forums are so despised by yourself, then why do you bother to visit them? I agree with some of your points here but at the same time I see where the OP is coming from. I sit back and read a lot of these threads and I see a number of members who I think go a little out of their way to ridicule and belittle the posters. Why are they so determined to thread kill? If they can't stand the topic, then leave it alone and allow others their entertainment, because in the end, that's what it is...entertainment. For me personally, there are a number of topics that as soon as I see them in the title, I don't bother to visit the thread, such as Niburu. It's that simple.

Yes, I was just reading a thread in the dreams and predictions forum. Now granted the content of the thread was crazy, but the thread was speaking of dreams the OPer had. Yes, the dream had a predictive element to it, but it was part of the actual dream. I find it quite perplexing as to why members will visit the 'dreams and predictions' forum and get angry at a poster's 'dreams and predictions'.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Char-Lee

Harte

thesaneone
Whats ruining this site is the cry babies that start a thread give an opinion then cry to the mods because they don't like someone else opinion.

Star.
The title of this thread is itself a cry for ridicule. "Anti fear mongerers?" What a laugh. As if being a fear monger is desireable.

And they're "ruining" the site as well!

Harte

Well it would have been hard to make the point in the right language...what title :
People who constantly accuse others of Fear-mongering are ruining the site?

I'll concede your point if you'll agree that the concept is hilarious.

Harte

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It has always happened on the site but I agree, it seems worse recently.

When the new 'style' went live I think it opened a can of worms and showed a lot of the reality of the site dynamics.

To me it proved a few things that I already knew, such as:

Constructive criticism, whilst encouraged is not really welcome (''we value your input but shut up'')

Some members would rather kiss ass than face reality (''such and such you are so awesome, I love everything you write etc'' brigade)

Some members are here more for distraction from the truth (such as the anti fear / swamp gas brigade)

Some members are here more for their ego and prefer garnering a following and being part of a clique than posting anything of real value (searching youtube for hours and posting all manner of nonsense)

Some MOD's / owners are helpful and some can be offensively abrasive in their attitude at times (offended members might not want to post or visit the site much)

Some members seem only to appear when certain US politics need a boost or refuting / debasing political 'sides' (political party trolls)

Some members really do have interesting information and use the site as it should be used, for discussing conspiracies intelligently

The site appears to have been 'dumbed down' (kiddie visuals, CBeebies style emoticons, big font, lack of clarity to pages, non existent / dysfunctional ATS search, AMA'S that spout MSM 'in the box' opinions, lack of immediate well structured threads / new threads feed pages, various interesting threads closed etc.)

...and perhaps much more.

Something that I always remember is when I posted something interesting about something historical, the then search engine functioned well and it was new news, it hadn't been posted before and the thread got a few posts within a few hours. When I went back to the thread after work, I found a MOD had closed it after a certain 'well known poster of things historical' started the same thread a few hours after mine. That same MOD moved or closed a few of my threads unnecessarily.

Whilst it might not be major it shows corruption within the site, IMO.

If there is minimal corruption then there may well be greater corruption. For all the members know, the site could be being swayed from within purposefully, despite being advised otherwise.

Additionally, I am very well aware of the true nature of certain organisations, for example masons, mafia etc, I know for a fact they have instrumented certain negative things in my life in the past, swaying bosses etc, and who knows, they could have tried doing it to ATS too. A lot of information goes on here and some of it truly exposes certain aspects of society, certain organisations etc. You can bet they don't want exposed.

You can also bet there will be some poster after this ridiculing others as ''paranoid'' etc, just as the anti fear brigade so.

Similar thread here and same thing as always, posters labelled ''crazy''.

An example:

Going by the discourse on this thread alone I would say 80% of ATS users are disifo agents, 10% are functionally retarded, 9% are insane and 1% are apathetic.

Those that are really do need to earn their keep better.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Just like anything else fear can be both good and bad but as of late we have become complacent
with this idea that we are invulnerable to the perils of our world as well as ourselves! I have believed
for a very long time that we have come to some very serious crossroads where we can either sacrifice
and change or deny and perish alongside many other civilizations! We can go on denying our reality for
the illusion that our world is static and unchanging or we can embrace our vulnerabilities and shield
ourselves from our own cognitive dissonance by taking responsibility for those actions taken by the industrial
world! Realizing it's time for a new beginning and create a world which is sustainable and cooperative!
I realize none of this will be easy but it will give humanity a chance to survive beyond the peak of population
growth that has not only given us prosperity but has left our world in dire need of relief!
We can only continue to thrive as long as we provide a medium to sustain ourselves! There will be no miracle
that science will come up with to continue down the road we are on! History is our teacher and for those with
eyes to see civilization inevitably thrives, grows, depletes the land around it and then goes into decline!
Usually before it goes into decline there are horrible wars to purge those around them of their resources until
one of two things occurs: both civilizations are destroyed by war or one survives until there are no more resources
for anyone! Meanwhile the amount of resources needed to supply the war machines cut short the time these
societies would have had!
What I say here is not conjecture or hypothesis but pure unadulterated fact! Right now we are at the beginnings of
the purge! So if this is all fact then how long will it be before we start a war that will undoubtedly destroy all life
on our planet? This is the dilemma we are now facing and there is no denying the truth of direction!
Is this fear mongering? Maybe!
Should we all be afraid? for sure!
I am not afraid of dying but more afraid of suffering!
I wonder if we all realized the gravity of our situation would we be willing to change enough to try and make peace,
limit our growth, stop treating each other as a commodity, stop exploiting our world and learn to live together as
a cooperative society dependent on each other! Or are we too stubborn and selfish to live like equals?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

surrealist

Rezlooper

winofiend

Yes, I was just reading a thread in the dreams and predictions forum. Now granted the content of the thread was crazy, but the thread was speaking of dreams the OPer had. Yes, the dream had a predictive element to it, but it was part of the actual dream. I find it quite perplexing as to why members will visit the 'dreams and predictions' forum and get angry at a poster's 'dreams and predictions'.

Exactly my point. And that could ruin this site because those attacks discourage people from making posts or threads, for fear of being ridiculed or attacked. IMO, that's what makes this site the best...all the different walks of life that participate in these threads with their dreams, fears, bad luck stories, breaking news information, ufo sightings, unsolved mysteries, and one of my personal favorites, ancient history. The list goes on, but you get my point. If people become afraid to post for fear of ridicule, then yes, the site will be "ruined"

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by schuyler

So OP is suggesting people who question fear mongering are ruining this site?

or people who just like the sound of their words, calling everything they read FEar Mongering and oh yes...make sure you "deny ignorance". Talk about parroting is there a thread on here where that line is not used?

and yet...we so-called shills and disinfo agents (see also: members who don't believe things at the drop of a hat) have been JUST as insulted and laughed at when we don't believe every single whacked-out and unproven "fact" that people throw at us

I can think of plenty of examples but here is my favorite

2012 was supposed to be it for us. The end, game over based on highly illogical and completely BS information about a calendar which didn't actually end. Ok so they believed the world was ending. Then when it didn't for the MILLIONTH time end as predicted, the dates changed...again and again and again

So when others tried to show why the believer's predictions were false, we got the same vitriol and hatred that OP here is claiming believers get and yes it has been this way since at least 2008 when I joined. I won't speak for pre 2008 as I wasn't here. I took a two-three year break because I got sick of it.

Look people want to believe conspiracies. That is why they are here and yes even I believe that many things are not what they seem. The problem is every little crack in the ground now is a conspiracy. Every time an earthquake happens it was HAARP. Every time a hurricane occurs it was a government plot. Every time _____ happens it was _____ blank.

And yet, there is never solid proof

It goes on and on...I remember when 2012 ended without the bang everyone so desperately wanted I came back to rub faces in it. I decided against it. Instead I just lurked and read and bam...there it was again...new date, new calculation blah blah ad nauseam

Please don't pretened that the CTers aren't' just as guilty as the naysayers are. They can and have been just as ugly...it's on both sides

KyoZero

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Rezlooper

surrealist

Rezlooper

winofiend

Exactly my point. And that could ruin this site because those attacks discourage people from making posts or threads, for fear of being ridiculed or attacked. IMO, that's what makes this site the best...all the different walks of life that participate in these threads with their dreams, fears, bad luck stories, breaking news information, ufo sightings, unsolved mysteries, and one of my personal favorites, ancient history. The list goes on, but you get my point. If people become afraid to post for fear of ridicule, then yes, the site will be "ruined"

It also seems that most often the posts that should be removed as they are attacks on the person and not a discussion of the thread subject, they remain and the thread sometimes removed.
Very difficult to understand why a person who has no interest in discussing the topic insists on contributing abuse in a thread and are allowed to do so.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

So when others tried to show why the believer's predictions were false, we got the same vitriol and hatred that OP here is claiming believers get and yes it has been this way since at least 2008 when I joined.

I don't think anyone ever has an problem with DISCUSSION, it is the rude abuse that is the problem on all sides. People calling for a thread to be closed because they deem it "stupid' or whatever is just plain wrong. If they don't like the discussion being shared by others, clearly they have no reason to contribute.

As far as "prediction" being PROVEN false that is not possible until after the fact. Why would anyone try. You can prove similar predictions proved false, but really...there IS a forum for PREDICTIONS...what would you have go there?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Only fools believe the mob rules!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

exactly! I would have predictions go there but can predictors really expect or desire that they show their predictions without a single voice saying "hang on a minute"

Yes I am well aware some debunkers are rude as hell but some as also kind, use data and documentation and still get crapped on by the so-called 'awake'

Point is it's ugly on both side and both side have reacted equally poor to what was a very calm response so to say that the blame lies solely on debunkers is quite a humongous leap when it is clear that CTer's are just as cranky and ruining things

again...there are plenty of examples but I still love to come back to 2012...it's still going and dates changing and so forth...it's junk science but we're supposed to believe it or be called a disinfo agent or 'not awake'

Foxface

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

again...there are plenty of examples but I still love to come back to 2012...it's still going and dates changing and so forth...it's junk science but we're supposed to believe it or be called a disinfo agent or 'not awake'

I certainly concede some of your very valid points. The 2012 discussion is quite different as they were actually saying there was a manor of solid evidence. People have a right to present their case for other dates surely.

In this I wish we could all be civil and discuss fully so it won't get flushed before I am satisfied as usually happens.

I also wish I never had to see WTF and the like, as it is out of place in what should be a give and take discussion/debate atmosphere if we, any of us, want to learn anything new or outside our usual sphere of belief.

As far as dream and predictions from the head of someone with no way to produce any evidence one way or another, why bother saying Bah that is soooo stupid, never going to happen ...etc.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I will then concede a point to you that people do need to go about it a much nicer way

Though I suppose that's the problem of the internet as a whole and not just ATS, but I am sure I am preaching to the choir on this one

But hey look at this

You and I disagreed, no name calling, simple and calm...hope :-)

KyoZero

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join