It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea eagle snatches video camera and takes it on a 110km journey and takes a "selfie"!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Mods: I couldn't figure out where this should go. Please move where appropriate if needed.

This is just a cool story. I thought I would bring it here for all of you to enjoy. So enjoy

A BRAZEN bird has snatched a video camera that was recording crocodiles in WA and captured fascinating footage of its 110km journey across the Kimberley.

Wildlife rangers released video that reveals the sea eagle's caper. The bird's flapping wings can be seen as it grabs the device and takes off, and the eagle later poses for a selfie, poking its face into the camera lens.

Rangers set up the motion-sensor camera along the Margaret River in May, hoping to record images of crocodiles. The camera, which is about 10cm to 15cm long and 5cm wide, disappeared soon after and the rangers figured it had fallen into the water.

The rangers recently found out that the device had been found near the Mary River, about 110 km away, ranger Roneil Skeen told the ABC. When they examined the video inside, the real culprit was revealed.

Link
edit on 3-12-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thieving bugger!
And took a selfie to gloat.
You aussies are all right.
Wasn't the whole island a penal colony?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Too bad it didn't crap on the lens.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Ha ha ha. That was pretty good. Nice find!

I tell you, none of our stuff is safe anymore unless it's nailed down.

And now it's the birds. The birds!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Did that bird just fly 110 km in under 1 minute? lol

Interesting video. Scientists should now put cameras in decoys to follow some animals.

With a sure way to retrieve them of course.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Guess eagles really do like shiny things. S&F

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
And we still can't get a clear, unambiguous image of a Bigfoot?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It's still sitting on it thinking to itself " I'll hatch the damn egg if it's the last thing I ever do".

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Great video! I watched it earlier, having my 1st coffee of the day, making for a nice start. I love the way the eagle is checking out its new treasure: "Hmm, it's nice and shiny, but doesn't seem to be good for much else. Can't eat it, that's for sure!"

It reminded me of another video about a camera faithfully recording its unintentional trip along the bottom of a river, after spilling out of an overturned raft. The uploader said that if the time stamp is correct, the cam was submerged for 17 months by the time he found it. He edited out all of the parts where the camera was stuck i n one place for a while:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Since the camera was on when the eagle had it, I have a suggestion. Maybe when the bird set it down he saw the screen on the back of the camera? With eagle eyes, the bird would be able to see that the screen is showing a picture of what is in front of the lens. I think the bird knew it was photographing him. He pecked on the lens to try to figure out what this "eye" was. Too bad he didn't know it had a microphone as well!!! S+F nice find!
edit on 12/3/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
"Welp, I can't eat it! Maybe I can pawn the damn thing."

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
That's really good.
Loved the selfie!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
All this videos circulating about birds taking a camera on a ride turned out to be a GoPro campaign...
So I am pretty sure, that this is another advertisement video and set up

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This made me LOL. Great video. My dad has a Blue Fronted Amazon Parrot, and they can be crafty little creatures. Suprised the eagle didn't destroy the camera completely!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Wow awesome!
edit on 5-12-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
That was funny as. I was waiting for it's head to pop on camera, it's like it was saying WTF is this. Bugger, thought I had dinner here.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Awesome video.

I guess that's what the last minute of life looks like from the pov of whatever this bird eats. Pretty scary way to go.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

Ha ha ha!! For sure. Could have scored some succulent anchovies.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
LOL! this is so awesome. i love the end when the bird is all like WTF is this? why can't i EAT you? then pecks it a few times and kicks it at the end LOL. brilliant stuff!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

NowanKenubi
Did that bird just fly 110 km in under 1 minute? lol

Interesting video. Scientists should now put cameras in decoys to follow some animals.

With a sure way to retrieve them of course.

I don't think the bird flew that fast maybe they sped up the video and slowed it back down near the end.

110km equals a little less than 68.4 miles

top topics

<<   2 >>

join