It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stoning adulterers may once again be reinstated in Afghanistan.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If you loved others as you love yourself you wouldn't commit adultery, If you loved others as you love yourself you wouldn't steal from them, If you love others as you love yourself you wouldn't break any of the laws of God because you wouldn't want it happening to you, and you do not love those thing to happen to you.

If everyone loved their neighbor as they loved them self, and wanted for others what they want for themselves, EVERY SINGLE LAW OF GOD WOULD BE FOLLOWED.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

boymonkey74
I can't believe this thread...people are actually saying this is ok?

The three muslims on this thread ... Skorpion, Logical and OpinionatedB ... they all would tie up the victim, bury the victim in the sand up to her chest, and then bash her head in for 'at least 20 minutes' so she dies a slow painful fear-filled premature death. And almost as bad ... they'd do it while thinking the murder somehow made God happy.

I was actually told by OpinionatedB that I must 'hate God' because I disapprove of this murder.

boymonkey ... this is really frightening stuff.
And Muslims wonder why the non-muslims want no part of Islam.
It's really and truly insane.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
If everyone loved their neighbor as they loved them self, and wanted for others what they want for themselves, EVERY SINGLE LAW OF GOD WOULD BE FOLLOWED.

Murdering people by bashing in their heads with rocks is NOT the law of God.
Law of God ... 'let him without sin cast the first stone' .
None are sinless ... therefore NONE should be casting stones.

My god .. this is 2014 and we are having this conversation.
I weep for humanity ... still so deluded into thinking God wants people to murder each other.
Unfreak'n believable.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

No, I didn't say you "hate God" I said you are essentially calling God evil...

Whether or not you believe these are God's laws now is beside the point, at one point in history according to the Christian and Jewish faith that law, the law of stoning, was GOD'S law.

If it is evil now, it was evil 4000 years ago, or 3000 years ago. Evil is not a respecter of time, if something is evil in this day and age then it has always been evil.

And if you believe that God's laws are evil now, then you believe they have always been evil.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

They are MANS law not God...no one can say what Gods law is the fact is God didn't write any of these laws down...MEN DID.
Disgusting this is people condoning this because they say "god said so" when God didn't.
Goes to show some people here are not good but are evil...letting some religious works written by men rule their life.
If you agree with "Gods law" Hahahah...you are just using it as an excuse to be sick inhumane MoFos.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Christians believe Mosaic Law is God's Law and so do Jews.

Christians simply believe Mosaic law is a moot point today. But they still believe it is from God.
edit on 6-12-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Maybe you should take a glance over some gnostic texts...

The OT God was not the true God... evidence is in the writing

God would not contradict himself... Nor would he pass evil laws to his children

Heres a good start

Antithesis

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That is your opinion. If you believe in the OT which most Christians do (or say they do), then you believe it is from God.

You either believe in your book or you dont. If you believe part of it are lies and the other part is truth then you have essentially picked and chosen which parts you like to believe....

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Then Christians are as mad as you lot....They are as bad as each other.
The evil religions are Judaism, Islam and Christianity.
They teach too much hate and not enough love.
Glad to know you are a sheep with no original thought process to do with the big questions, you follow blindly an anti humanity, anti freedom religion and are part of the problem.
But you can change, figure it out yourself and cast down the shackles of your religion....also then you can eat Bacon !!!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Akragon

That is your opinion. If you believe in the OT which most Christians do (or say they do), then you believe it is from God.

You either believe in your book or you dont. If you believe part of it are lies and the other part is truth then you have essentially picked and chosen which parts you like to believe....

First off im not a Christian...

Secondly I don't believe in the OT God... he was a maniacal tyrant bent on causing more harm then good...

Third... ITs not ONE book... so I can pick which books are good for me and which are not...

Any other questions?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

when you pick which parts are "good for" you, then you have made up your own religion and named it the "good for me" religion.

What are you saying, is the rest of us should buy into your "good for me" religion and believe it, rather than something most believe is actually from God.

I prefer to err on the side of caution, thanks. I would rather try and live my life the way God would want, rather than Akragon. It wont be any of you standing beside me on the day of judgment.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Akragon

when you pick which parts are "good for" you, then you have made up your own religion and named it the "good for me" religion.

What are you saying, is the rest of us should buy into your "good for me" religion and believe it, rather than something most believe is actually from God.

I prefer to err on the side of caution, thanks. I would rather try and live my life the God would want, rather than Akragon. It wont be any of you standing beside me on the day of judgment.

Ahh but you see... I am not telling anyone to believe what I believe... I promote the gospels only on ATS, and I include Thomas for those who understand the gospels before hand...

I have no religion, nor do I need a label for my beliefs... and if someone, or anyone disagrees with me on my beliefs... they are free to do so...

I also don't buy into this All or NOTHING bullshmit that is tossed around by Christians who usually haven't got a clue what they're talking about...

And unlike you clearly... I do not fear God

And by the way... while we're on this topic... IF you think God wants people to throw rocks at sinners... You got another thing coming at "judgement day"... and I don't want to be standing anywhere near you at that time either

edit on 6-12-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

This is what I believe, that God is logical. Very much so, and when we don't understand something we might not be seeing that something in the light intended for it to be seen through.

So what I do, and have done, is look for the logic behind laws. I have tried to look for the reasons laws might be a certain way. I also examine the whole of the law, rather than one portion of it, this always helps me to see the whole more clearly.

Do I fear God? No, but I do LOVE Him. In love, one usually does those things that would be pleasing to the object of their love.

If you want my position on stoning, then you should read this post, where I attempt to clearly explain. www.abovetopsecret.com...

If my beliefs end up being wrong, then I am happy to pay those consequences too. Because, in this life, I have done nothing but my very best. That alone wont be good enough because also I believe God forgives, and on the things I am wrong concerning I do hope he will forgive me for those unintentional wrongs as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Akragon

This is what I believe, that God is logical. Very much so, and when we don't understand something we might not be seeing that something in the light intended for it to be seen through.

So what I do, and have done, is look for the logic behind laws. I have tried to look for the reasons laws might be a certain way. I also examine the whole of the law, rather than one portion of it, this always helps me to see the whole more clearly.

Do I fear God? No, but I do LOVE Him. In love, one usually does those things that would be pleasing to the object of their love.

If you want my position on stoning, then you should read this post, where I attempt to clearly explain. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess you didn't notice I was the poster above and below you...

You look for logic eh.... Alright, what is the logic of throwing stones at a persons face because a book from 2000 years ago says God wants you to do it?

I can't wait to hear this

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Akragon

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Akragon

You look for logic eh.... Alright, what is the logic of throwing stones at a persons face because a book from 2000 years ago says God wants you to do it?

There are a few things to consider concerning this law that you should know. The ONLY time the hudood (the punishments such as stoning etc.) can be carried out according to the holy narrations are when the nation is under a "Just Islamic Government." Not simply an islamic government, but a JUST islamic government.

The requirement is for 4 adult witnesses to have seen the actual act of sexual intercourse. In order for the act of sex to be physically witnessed by 4 people you would near need to be having sex in the street. Therefore in this case, what goes on in the bedroom is between you and God until which time as you publicize it.

Islam and religion in general has a great regard for the family unit, and adultery is something that destroys not only the commiter of the act but all those around him or her. Adultery results in divorce, divorce leads to single parent families, single parent families lead to broken children, greater poverty and other such bad things which in turn affects society.

Having the punishment being so harsh, is a scare tactic more than anything... when death, a gruesome and horrible one at that is possible, it makes you think twice or even three times. But God is merciful, and makes it near impossible to prove, unless your the village idiot.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

You have been shown ON YOUR OWN THREAD that belief in the Old Testament folklore and myth is NOT necessary in order to be a Christian.

1. Nah. You have only shown that you reject many important Old Testament figures. Thats old news.

2. Also, without the Adam story , the whole doctrine of "original sin" goes out the window. And without "original sin", the doctrine of Jesus' "sin sacrifice" goes out the window as well. Which works for me, as Jesus was NOT a sin sacrifice... and the mainstream Christian idea of "original sin" is also a false teaching.

3. Also... since you like quoting Paul so much...

For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
-1 Corinthians 15:22

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

OpinionatedB

Akragon

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Akragon

There are a few things to consider concerning this law that you should know. The ONLY time the hudood (the punishments such as stoning etc.) can be carried out according to the holy narrations are when the nation is under a "Just Islamic Government." Not simply an islamic government, but a JUST islamic government.

The requirement is for 4 adult witnesses to have seen the actual act of sexual intercourse. In order for the act of sex to be physically witnessed by 4 people you would near need to be having sex in the street. Therefore in this case, what goes on in the bedroom is between you and God until which time as you publicize it.

Islam and religion in general has a great regard for the family unit, and adultery is something that destroys not only the commiter of the act but all those around him or her. Adultery results in divorce, divorce leads to single parent families, single parent families lead to broken children, greater poverty and other such bad things which in turn affects society.

Having the punishment being so harsh, is a scare tactic more than anything... when death, a gruesome and horrible one at that is possible, it makes you think twice or even three times. But God is merciful, and makes it near impossible to prove, unless your the village idiot.

did you seriously just copy and paste that from the other thread? LOL

in your last reply you said you don't fear God you love him...

IF you love him would you not also love the things created by him? Meaning you wouldn't destroy them?

IF you love God would you not also admit HE is judge, jury, and if need be "executioner"... and him being as such, DO you believe you should put yourself in his place by acting as the executioner?

DO you not think HE will more then likely deal with that person in his own time?

What kind of God needs his creation to deal with punishment?

Certianly not an "all powerful" God...

edit on 6-12-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And since you haven't said it yet, but you will... why is single parent families so bad?

Let me answer that.

I got a divorce out of necessity. I had to raise my children alone. Its not easy. Not financially or emotionally. Divorce is better than the alternative though in some cases. But, for a woman alone it is hard to raise kids. You don't have the "just wait til your father comes home" scare tactic, you don't have the type of love that a father, or a mother, (which ever is missing) can give.

We were created as two personages who together can give toward the upbringing of a child.

Also, when there is no one with the children all the time, or strangers are taking care of them, they do not get the love and affection and time they need to become the best possible humans. While some turn out well, they only turn out well in spite of their circumstances and not because of it.

Today in America, most of society is financially supporting the offspring of others. Its called the welfare system. That system would probably be less of a drain on society if the respective parents had stayed together to raise their children, and while its not always possible, it is possible in more situations than what we see on welfare today. But they don't have to stay together because the state will support all their mistakes.

Also, there is much crime as a result of these children having no one to look after them. I am currently making sure that my neighbors kid who he just abandoned has food to eat. There is no responsibility today by so many people... its a thing of the past because they think other people will just take care of everything until which time they decide to be responsible again.

If there had been something to scare these people, perhaps the next ones in line wouldn't have thought it was all so easy as pie to do things which other people end up having to pay for.

also, that was from my other post in THIS thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

So you're blaming all of that on divorced people... and single parents?

fer real dude?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

OpinionatedB

No, I didn't say you "hate God" I said you are essentially calling God evil...

That's a lie. This is your quote from page 5

OpinionatedB
Or - You just hate God.
I am going with the latter.

So you lied .... does that mean you should have your tongue cut out?
According to your version of law, you should stick out your tongue and I
should slowly hack it off with a dull knife ... for about 20 minutes or so.
Sound good to you? No? Didn't think it would.

And if you believe that God's laws are evil now, then you believe they have always been evil.

THEY ARE NOT GOD'S LAWS
If they were, Jesus and his mother would have picked up rocks and bashed people's heads in.
He said not to do it. OBVIOUSLY your 'prophet', being from heaven, knew they were't
God's laws.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join