It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stoning adulterers may once again be reinstated in Afghanistan.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

nenothtu

sk0rpi0n

When was the last time you saw a Christian turn the other cheek after being slapped?

I have.

After the second slap, however, I had run out of cheeks to turn.

haha!!

Theres two on the back side as well ye know

edit on 6-12-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

Btw just to clear it, if someone even has to be punished by stoning, its both the man and woman, not just woman, so the image you are trying to depict of a lady being brutally stoned should be modified accordingly.

• Usually and on average, it is the faithful spouse who levies the charge of adultery against their cheating spouse in a court of Islamic Shariah Law.

• Women have a disadvantage against men according to Islamic Law. A man's testimony equals one testimony. Two women's testimonies equals one testimony. A women needs more witnesses than a man.

Mohammed said, "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers are women."

- Hadith: Sahih al-Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Sunan at-Tirmidhi, Sunan al-Nasa'i

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Wow all from the religion of peace
, great to see they are keeping the Heathen women down isn't it.....

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by boymonkey74

Christians believe Mosaic Law is God's Law and so do Jews.

Christians simply believe Mosaic law is a moot point today. But they still believe it is from God.

This should be enough to prove to you that I am not a Christian, although you keep telling me I am. If "Christians believe Mosaic Law is God's Law", then that disqualifies me right there.

What most refer to as "Mosaic Law" is more properly called "Levitical Law". It came from neither God nor Moses, it came from the Levites, as is clearly recorded in the Bible.

It came from MEN. Men called "Levites". Priests, not prophets.

I'll get around to Skorpion's claim about Jesus saying the Pharisees were "in the seat of Moses" later, after I've digested the entire thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I'll get around to Skorpion's claim about Jesus saying the Pharisees were "in the seat of Moses" later, after I've digested the entire thread.

You might need some anti nausea meds...

I'd check if you have any before reading

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

FlyersFan

If they were, Jesus and his mother would have picked up rocks and bashed people's heads in.

HEY!

Leave mom out of this!

It just ain't right to go around talkin' about folks' moms!

edit on 2013/12/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yeah, sometimes the ride spins a little too fast, and vertigo leaves my stomach where my adam's apple is supposed to be.

Still, there is a very important part of that passage that appears to have gone unnoticed.

I aim to notice it - right here in front of God and everybody!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Oh just wait til you get into the thread a bit...

They're even dragging Jesus into the debate... its just nonsense

and I don't get how anyone could condone such barbaric activity

its sad, and as FlyersFan said... a danger to humanity

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

FlyersFan

It's not Gods law. If it were, Jesus and Mary would have picked up a rock and bashed in the
head of the woman caught in adultery. They didn't. Therefore, it's not God's law.

Just to be clear, according to the Bible which Christians claim to adhere to, it IS God's law - "Thou shalt not commit adultery" - Exodus 20:14, Douay-Rheims version. That was allegedly straight from God, written by his own hand on stone tablets.

What is under discussion here is NOT whether the law is God's law, it is what the proper punishment is. The Levites (about as human as it gets) said "chuck rocks at adulterers until they ain't breathing". Lots of vindictive folks ran with that, but it's not what God said to do - he simply said "don't do it, don't go 'round committing adultery".

I'm actually with Akragon on this - let God handle the punishment of it. We do have some Biblical standing in that assessment - "Let marriage be honored among all and the marriage bed be kept undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterers." — Hebrews 13:4

Note well that it says "GOD will judge". Whereas the Levites, the Pharisees, the Saduccees, and all of their successors said "Nononono! Let ME! Let ME!"

They take God's authority to themselves in the matter. They are usurpers, and their own punishment for usurping God's throne will also be handled by God.

Doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman. NO ONE should have their head bashed in with rocks
for 20 minutes in a slow painful brutal death simply because they slipped and made a mistake.
EVERYONE makes mistakes. Let a civilized court of law come with the penalty.

Piss on a court! No court should have jurisdiction in such matters - you are only quibbling over WHICH court should be allowed to throw the stones, and how big the stones should be allowed to be, what their composition is!

THAT is what Christianity is about .. that is what Jesus was about.

Christianity is not about giving God's Jurisdiction to ANY man or set of men. Christianity is about one thing, and one thing only - how you relate to God, what your intermediary is.

All else is baggage, window dressing.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Akragon

nenothtu

sk0rpi0n

When was the last time you saw a Christian turn the other cheek after being slapped?

I have.

haha!!

I've never considered it a safe or "best practice" to turn my back on someone willing to slap me!

I believe the Bible said to "turn the other cheek" just so you could keep an eye on the miscreant!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

nenothtu

Akragon

nenothtu

sk0rpi0n

I have.

haha!!

I've never considered it a safe or "best practice" to turn my back on someone willing to slap me!

I believe the Bible said to "turn the other cheek" just so you could keep an eye on the miscreant!

On the other hand... IF you allow someone to slap those cheeks, you might make a friend...

As far as I've ever seen only women slap... and the guys that do don't pose a threat anyways

So turn those cheeks brother...

LOL

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

A gay joke and a spiritual joke combined lol

But seriously, by turn the other cheek I think he means taking the hit and walking away instead of fighting back making the conflict bigger.

when you "turn the other cheek" to evil, you are smacked back into focus of what is good.

So it works physically (avoiding violence and fights) and spiritually (focusing on good from the bad).

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Aiight. I'm caught up on the thread.

This is perhaps the most sexually charged thread I've read for quite some time. Let's face it - unless one were contemplating adultery, why worry at all about whether someone is gonna chuck a rock at you for it?

In the matter of Jesus saying that the Pharisees and Sadducees were in the seat of Moses, let's look at what I believe is an important part of that statement:

The statement in question is Matthew 23:2-3 -

"The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses; therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them."

Now, anyone who has been at ATS for any length of time should know that sarcasm doesn't convey itself well in print - how much less so in translated print? Still, it's obvious to me that this was a sarcastic remark. The bit that gives that away is the preamble - "The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses". To me, it's obvious that he is saying the very thing I said above - they have USURPED authority that is not theirs, by PLACING THEMSELVES in the seat of another. It's a pointed reference to the fact that neither God nor Moses placed them there - they "laid hands on the kingdom of God by violence".

They do seem to have modern successors in that regard - there are any number of "jailhouse jurists" among all three of the Abrahamic religions, people who not only make up law and blame it on God, but who also place themselves in the Judge's seat to mete out the punishment for those laws.

I've said before that I am a "fundamentalist", even though that term has several negative and harsh connotations, since it has been applied to those very usurpers of God's authority. I am a "fundamentalist", however, in the sense that I believe there are very few real fundamentals, real laws from God, and that all the rest is baggage added on throughout the several thousand years of people claiming to know God, and to make his decisions for him.

The "Mosaic law" is a fine example. People claim that all the add-ons and amendments are from God, when they are not. Hell, they're not even from Moses. Jesus knew this, or at least ought to have. It's written that he was holding debates in the Temple at the age of 12, showing that he had some interest and knowledge in the matter. If he had read the scrolls - and all indications are that he had, thoroughly, because he could recite them after having rolled them up and put them away - then he would have been very familiar with the actual sources of the "laws", which were really from God, and which were from men. It's all recorded right there in the Bible itself for anyone who cares to look.

This, I believe, is why Jesus had another thing to say about the law that should tell anyone who cared to read it what he thought in the matter. That thing is recorded in Matthew 19:8 -

He saith to them: Because Moses by reason of the hardness of your heart permitted you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. - Douay-Rheims version

The "law" was suffered because of "the hardness of your heart". It's not the fundamentals from God himself that is at issue, it's all the add-ons that men created and God allowed "from the hardness of their hearts".

God said "Don't do adultery" and left it at that.

Men said "or we'll chuck rocks at you until we're happy with it" because their hearts were hard.

Then God said again "That ain't your place to do - it's mine, and I'll take that issue up with YOU in the due course of time. Expect it."

A hard-hearted people NEEDS a harsh law to keep them in line. Soften your hearts, stop chucking rocks at folks, and eventually you won't have to keep looking over your shoulders for folks who might be chucking rocks at YOU. This is also why "not one jot or tittle" of the law shall pass away until all is accomplished - until then, there are going to be people around with stony hearts, people who NEED harsh laws to keep them in line.

If YOU don't need it to stay in line, then don't worry 'bout it. It ain't for you if it's not going to be applied to you. For them who DO worry over it, that tells me there is something rotten inside.

Jesus was right when he said that the whole of the Law (God's Law) is wrapped up in the sentence "love your neighbor as you love yourself". You'll have to look elsewhere in the book to find out just who "your neighbor" IS.

I reckon I'm done talking and yammerin' on now.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Akragon

On the other hand... IF you allow someone to slap those cheeks, you might make a friend...

As far as I've ever seen only women slap... and the guys that do don't pose a threat anyways

So turn those cheeks brother...

LOL

Uh, I'M the one s'posed to be doing the slapping there... but yeah, you can sure make friends thataway!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

arpgme
reply to post by Akragon

A gay joke and a spiritual joke combined lol

But seriously, by turn the other cheek I think he means taking the hit and walking away instead of fighting back making the conflict bigger.

when you "turn the other cheek" to evil, you are smacked back into focus of what is good.

So it works physically (avoiding violence and fights) and spiritually (focusing on good from the bad).

Yeah, I've never been that good. I can take one, I can take two, but the third time's the charm, and I gotta stop walking away then... and when I "slap back" after the third time, givin' them any "focus" is the last thing on my mind. I'm generally trying to make them as UNfocused as I can.

I want their eyes to be wiggling like the eyes of a bobble-head, and I want them to be so unfocused they can't even see the planet.

I guess I'm just not a very nice guy. More evidence that I'm not any sort of Christian.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

excuse me Akragon... we could use you over in the Atheism and Communism thread, if you would be as so kind?

stoning with rocks and boulders is wrong! use words to stone and petrify the face of your opponent or law breaker.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Im not really sure how i could be of assistance in that thread honestly...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Yes, Jesus said "Love thy neighbor as thyself" not "have sex with thy neighbor"........sometimes people get love and sex mixed up.

As a matter of fact, people get lust and love mixed up too.

As a matter of fact, people aren't interested in romantic, intimate love, if they can just go cruising all the time to find the next available person...wham bam, thank you ma'am, hit it and quit it.

How's that for the adult rated post on this thread?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

come on man! that thread need some metaphorical style combat... the opponents to the topic are weak on words.

...Islam, remember that if you stone someone to death or even harm them you are going to Hell with Satan!

just say no! don't even do it...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Jesus pbuh is ofcourse not dead. He never died you see! Why do you assume that pbuh is only used for dead prophets?
Just shows how selective and biased your knowledge is.

Muhammad pbuh died, he felt the pain and suffering that comes with it and expressed it in a known phrase of "aorta being cut off" its like saying "i feel like i'l die"
i do see that islamophobes have made a big issue of it to discredit prophet Muhammad pbuh.
Its a sick and desperate thing to do such a thing just because someone wants to slander a religion.

You get offended when i say Jesus pbuh?
I feel sad for you when you call him god and associate partners with God. I however think that everyone is free to speak/type until it crosses the t n c of this site.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join