It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stoning adulterers may once again be reinstated in Afghanistan.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Muslims don't believe Jesus is dead.. how is saying peace be upon Him disrespecting Jesus? Just because Muslims don't believe He died as do the Christians? With your logic then we shouldn't be allowed to say the name of Jesus either....

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

Pity women in Islamic countries don't have that right....

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

After the second slap, however, I had run out of cheeks to turn.

Jesus' never taught to slap the person back after you ran out of cheeks to turn.

You get slapped on the right cheek, you turn the other cheek.
Then when you get slapped on the left cheek, you turn the other cheek.
Then when you get slapped on the right cheek, you turn the other cheek....

and so on.

Sounds painful? Take it up with Jesus.
edit on 7-12-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Just because Muslims don't believe He died as do the Christians?

Christians believe Jesus died and came back to life 3 days later.
What kind of death is that?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

1. No Christian or Jewish government or country supports the punishment of death by stoning. Islam is alone is the dark ages regarding this edict.

Islam is also alone when it comes to preserving Gods laws to deal with adultery.
Jews and Christians have failed to live the way their prophets told them to. Its their problem.

The verses of stoning were omitted from the Qur'an, one small proof of the corruption of the Qur'an.
I'm sure we'd hear the same song from our Christian friends even if it involved a lashing.
But then again, they don't believe in punishing anybody, because "let he who is without sin....."

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

It sounds like a coma to me.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

It sounds like a coma to me.

Christians believe Jesus DIED as a sin sacrifice for their sins.
They don't believe Jesus went into a COMA for their sins.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I believe with the Jews it is because they no longer have a sitting Sanhedrin. The Jewish requirement is 2 independent witnesses whose testimony would be considered unquestionable, the Muslim is even more difficult, its 4.

Jews only sentenced someone to death once every 70 years at the most when they did have a sitting rabbinical judicial court, because of the stringency of the requirements.

True Muslims living and following Islam in its essence in a true and just Islamic state would be even less than that.

Afghanistan does not meet the requirements for Islam, because first and foremost you must have a Just Islamic Government.

I will make replies to everyone later, I don't have time for much in the way of replies this morning.
edit on 7-12-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hey Flyersfan, you call yourself a Christian. Do you believe Jesus died as a 'sin sacrifice"?

Then, why don't you respond to my previous post....

without the Adam story , the whole doctrine of "original sin" goes out the _ And without "original sin", the doctrine of Jesus' "sin sacrifice" goes out the window as well. Which works for me, as Jesus was NOT a sin sacrifice... and the mainstream Christian idea of "original sin" is also a false teaching.

So what then?

How can you believe that Jesus really died as a sin sacrifice, because of Adams original sin.... if Adam was a myth?

edit on 7-12-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

nenothtu
Just to be clear, according to the Bible which Christians claim to adhere to, it IS God's law - "Thou shalt not commit adultery" - Exodus 20:14, Douay-Rheims version. That was allegedly straight from God, written by his own hand on stone tablets.

No ... I was talking about stoning a person to death because they commit adultery.
GOD didn't tell anyone to do that.
4,000 years ago HUMANS claimed that God told them that ... but God didn't.

And as far as the 10 commandments goes .... here's a thread for ya' ...
ATS Thread - 10 Commandments Doctrine of Men
God didn't write those either. They are good laws to follow for a civilized society ...
but the hand of God didn't come down and write them on stone tablets.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

logical7
i do see that islamophobes have made a big issue of it to discredit prophet Muhammad pbuh.
Its a sick and desperate thing to do such a thing just because someone wants to slander a religion..

Muhammad was a mass murdering liar and thief. That's not being an 'islamaphobe' to state the truth. And the only 'sick and desperate' thing going on is when Muslims refuse to admit the errors of their so-called prophet. It's a 'sick and desperate' attempt to hang onto a cult that has been proven wrong time and time again.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
Then, why don't you respond to my previous post....

Because you are OFF TOPIC as usual and you RUN AWAY from answering the questions about the topic. Oh ... and you never admit when you are proven wrong. I guess having an educated christian woman from America continually proving you ... a muslim man ... wrong just gets your goat. WIMPY.

ADDRESS THE TOPIC ... your own 'prophet' said not to stone people.

Why Didn't Jesus Cast the First Stone?

First, we must keep in mind that the truest justice comes not when the Law is enforced by those who are themselves transgressors of it (as all mankind are), but when it is enforced by He who is sinless, who is in no way a transgressor of the Law of God (cf. Heb 4:15; 1 Pet 2:22; 1 Jn 3:5). When Jesus said to the Pharisees, “Let him who is without sin cast the first stone,” He basically revealed to the crowd that He is the ultimate Judge, not the Pharisees (or anyone else, for that matter).

Once He established that, He went on to enforce the Law when He said to the woman, “Go and sin no more.” After all, the purpose or spirit of this particular law (which the Pharisees so often neglected) was to impress upon Israel the gravity of the sin of adultery. Jesus acknowledged this when He told the woman to never do it again.

Finally, note that stoning the woman would have meant the condemnation of both the sin and the woman. She would have died in sin and suffered total separation from God. But, Jesus came to condemn sin, not sinners. He came to save what was lost, not to lose it (cf. Lk 19:10; Jn 12:47; 18:9). So, by preventing the stoning while at the same time commanding the woman to “Go and sin no more,” Jesus condemns the sin but saves the sinner. In this way, He is both Just and Merciful, and He brings about the fulfillment of the law in question.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
ADDRESS THE TOPIC -

Stoning wikipedia

Article 102 – An adulterous man shall be buried in a ditch up to near his waist and an adulterous woman up to near her chest and then stoned to death.

Article 103 – In case the person sentenced to stoning escapes the ditch in which they are buried, then if the adultery is proven by testimony then they will be returned for the punishment but if it is proven by their own confession then they will not be returned.

Article 104 – The size of the stone used in stoning shall not be too large to kill the convict by one or two throws and at the same time shall not be too small to be called a stone.

The stones have to be not large enough to kill by one or two throws ... the sickos want the poor person to suffer a long while while being stoned by the bloodthirsty mob. DISGUSTING.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
ADDRESS THE TOPIC -

Civil LIberties - Death by Stoning

History: Stoning is arguably the world's oldest form of execution. It is as old as written literature, and the most common death penalty described in the Bible (prompting Jesus' famous anti-death penalty statement in John 8.7: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"). Although it has never been a legal form of execution in the United States, it is practiced elsewhere in the world, primarily in the Middle East and sub-Saharan Africa.

Unsavory Overtones: Stoning is primarily enforced by Islamic fundamentalist sharia law, often for bizarre reasons. In 2004, 13-year-old Zhila Izadyar was sentenced to death by stoning in Iran for the "crime" of being raped by her older brother. Although the sentence was later overturned due to international outcry, equally horrific stoning sentences are quietly carried out throughout the developing world on a regular basis.

How It Works: The prisoner is buried either up to his waist (if male) or up to her shoulders (if female) and then pelted with stones by a crowd of volunteers until obviously battered to death. Under the terms of most fundamentalist courts, the stones must be small enough that death cannot reasonably be expected to result from only one or two blows, but large enough to cause physical harm. The average execution by stoning is extremely painful, lasting at least 10 to 20 minutes.

edit on 12/7/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

If I drew a cartoon of Mo I would get stoned to death......
In fact Iam gonna get my pencils out

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
ADDRESS THE TOPIC -

Here is what the muslims think is just fine and dandy ...
Doing this will make 'god' a happy camper according to them.
Follow 'god's law' and make god happy ...

news.nationalpost.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

this guy?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Barbaric that is.
It is excuse for evil men to let their murderous feelings out and have no guilt about the end result because they think God says it is ok to kill a bound woman whose only crime is being human.
I hope Karma is real because they will get what they deserve one day.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This is a movie about stoning....
It is shocking and it is only a movie.

I work with a lady from Iran (she is so beautiful it is untrue) and she and her family left Iran for the UK when she was 14 she told me while it is a beautiful place the people can be very backward in the sticks, she can't go back because she could be arrested for being an atheist.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
But then again, they don't believe in punishing anybody, because "let he who is without sin....."

Straw man .... you do that alot to deflect when your position is weak ... it's desperate
STRAW MAN

This reasoning is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position does not address the actual position

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join