It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Flying Object [Goulburn, Australia]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I was shooting some motorsport action over the weekend, and set my GoPro Hero2 up on the marshal point.
Wasn't until this morning when I went to edit the footage, that I noticed something not quite right. Only a very brief second (1/3rd of a second to be precise), that something moves from right of frame after the NASCAR truck exits the frame, moves past the wires then up to the clouds in a boomerang shape motion.

I believe in ufo's, but I personally believe this may just be a bug, but in any case, it still is an Unidentified Flying Object

Full speed video
www.facebook.com...

Slow motion video (it only appears for 20frames ... at 60fps = 1/3sec)
www.facebook.com...

On Vimeo
vimeo.com...

edit on 26-11-2013 by spacedoubt because: added Vimeo link

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Wow you can see it travel through the cloud. The object is even dimmer for the 2 or 3 frames that you can see it after it enters. This is what you would expect from a UFO- not a bug imo.
edit on 25-11-2013 by derbz because: (no reason given)

That thing goes through the cloud and comes out the top wtf is it.

If you can you could you make the video longer starting from the endpoint? You can still see the object when the vid cuts off. I'd like to see where it goes.

The more I watch it the more it bugs me. The object makes an extremely erratic move towards the end of the slow mow video. It juts off to the right as it comes out of the cloud. You can barely see it but it doesn't maintain a parabolic trajectory.
edit on 26-11-2013 by derbz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

Believe it or not, some of us don't believe that Facebook is the prime mover of the Universe.
But thanks anyway.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Please upload to youtube, I refuse to allow my browser to get itself dirtied by visiting facebook, I'd really like to see your vid.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
wow- interesting! I have no idea. You can just barely see it through the cloud.

I don't have FB either but c'mon guys- the link takes you right to it, you don't have to search or anything.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Sorry guys. Will upload to YouTube/vimeo shortly

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

derbz
Wow you can see it travel through the cloud. The object is even dimmer for the 2 or 3 frames that you can see it after it enters. This is what you would expect from a UFO- not a bug imo.

That thing goes through the cloud and comes out the top wtf is it.

If you can you could you make the video longer starting from the endpoint? You can still see the object when the vid cuts off. I'd like to see where it goes.

The more I watch it the more it bugs me. The object makes an extremely erratic move towards the end of the slow mow video. It juts off to the right as it comes out of the cloud. You can barely see it but it doesn't maintain a parabolic trajectory.
edit on 26-11-2013 by derbz because: (no reason given)

THERE is NO WAY you can see what you think you see that is a GoPro Hero 2 camera it has a VERY wide field of view see below

type Lens - F/2.8
Max View Angle 170.0 degrees

You can see that at the bottom of the screen the image looks curved also as it has a very SMALL size sensor see below.

Optical Sensor Size 1/2.5"

It has a huge depth of field see below.

Focus Adjustment Focus free

So it's more like a very small object close to the camera!

YOU have to understand the optics of the equipment taking the video or picture to understand what you could be seeing, that's my view after 30+ years doing that!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I'll come back later when some one has zoomed in on the object.
I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

Interesting.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

wmd_2008

THERE is NO WAY you can see what you think you see that is a GoPro Hero 2 camera it has a VERY wide field of view see below

type Lens - F/2.8
Max View Angle 170.0 degrees

You can see that at the bottom of the screen the image looks curved also as it has a very SMALL size sensor see below.

Optical Sensor Size 1/2.5"

It has a huge depth of field see below.

Focus Adjustment Focus free

So it's more like a very small object close to the camera!

YOU have to understand the optics of the equipment taking the video or picture to understand what you could be seeing, that's my view after 30+ years doing that!

DING DING DING!!!

We have a winner!

The original poster's hunch that it was a bug was in fact the correct answer.

So my question to the OP? Why post it up as a "UFO" if you thought it was a bug? Isn't the most logical answer usually the correct one?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
If thats a bug it must be moving pretty fast... on a rather straight trajectory for a flying insect... I guess it got a wiff of the 104RON in pit lane?

Cool vid OP, does this "bug" occur in any of the other vids you took that day?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I'm not disputing anybody's theories, but where dose it go at the 11 second mark, it seems to go into the cloud, or is it my old eyes just don't focus as they used to.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
ok for all of you non-bookfacers ... here is a VIMEO link
and allowed to download it for your own
vimeo.com...

could mods please delete links above and replace please

edit on 26-11-2013 by lavenlaar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

JadeStar

The original poster's hunch that it was a bug was in fact the correct answer.

So my question to the OP? Why post it up as a "UFO" if you thought it was a bug? Isn't the most logical answer usually the correct one?

I didn't call it a 'flying saucer' nor can you cannot categorically say its a bug, so it's unidentified.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

cartenz
If thats a bug it must be moving pretty fast... on a rather straight trajectory for a flying insect... I guess it got a wiff of the 104RON in pit lane?

Cool vid OP, does this "bug" occur in any of the other vids you took that day?

Unfortunately mate, I don't cover these guys (V8 Touring cars here), but if it did happen during the Truck Racing (big rigs) I'd have 12 go pros running to capture any of this event. Because the camera was setup on the infield, i could not go in after the category race. Had to wait another race after this.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Thanks,because when I clicked your FB links,it directs me to log in+i don't do FB.I'm looking forwaird to the youtube vid though.

edit on 26-11-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Raxoxane

Thanks,because when I clicked your FB links,it directs me to log in+i don't do FB.I'm looking forwaird to the youtube vid though.

edit on 26-11-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

see a couple posts above and see a VIMEO link ... i've allowed it to be downloaded too

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Looks like a bug as it seems closer to the screen. That said, Goulburn I drive through every second weekend.
Lake George nearby is spooky.
I have seen twice (in 20 years of driving that road) a strange flash of light over the lake.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

cartenz
If thats a bug it must be moving pretty fast... on a rather straight trajectory for a flying insect... I guess it got a wiff of the 104RON in pit lane?...

If it was very close to the camera, then it would only be in frame/pass through the frame for a very short time.

Considering the "cone" of the field of view is very small close to the camera, it would not take an insect very long to pass through that small field of view, thus appearing to move fast.

edit on 11/26/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Rubber Marble from a tyre.....sucked up into the air by the slipstream of the car...just a guess.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

derbz

It isn't necessarily disappearing because it is moving behind a cloud. The object/insect could be close to that camera, thus be in the field of view for only a short time, and the frame rate of the camera and the camera's software cannot keep up.

This isn't the same as a film camera where every frame includes everything that is there. This is digital video, and digital video cameras "interlace" frames in order to reduce file size. Interlacing is a process where the software in the camera borrows information from frame-to-frame, thus reducing the amount of information needed to be remembered for each frame. If the software THINKS a certain pixel or pixels areas unchanged from one frame to the next (say the static/unchanging background pixels in this specific video) then it will try to borrow as many of the background pixels from one frame to the next.

Sometimes, due to objects moving across the field of view in a relatively short time (such as the object in question), the camera software gets confused and doesn't realize that not all of the background pixels are static -- and it can ignore those dark pixels of the moving object and just replace them with the static background information from the previous frame (as I said, that's how interlacing saves memory).

The result is a moving object that may not appear in every frame.

edit on 11/26/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join