It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Flying Object [Goulburn, Australia]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Soylent Green Is People
It isn't necessarily disappearing because it is moving behind a cloud. The object/insect could be close to that camera, thus be in the field of view for only a short time, and the frame rate of the camera and the camera's software cannot keep up.

This made me LOL
2nd.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

cartenz

Soylent Green Is People
It isn't necessarily disappearing because it is moving behind a cloud. The object/insect could be close to that camera, thus be in the field of view for only a short time, and the frame rate of the camera and the camera's software cannot keep up.

This made me LOL
2nd.

I'm not sure why.

It's obvious that an object closer to the camera (let's say an insect) would be flying across a much shorter field of view. The closer to the camera, the less wide the field of view. Therefore, and insect a few feet away from the camera only covers a few feet of flight in the time it is in view -- even if the field of view of the background horizon and sky covers several kilometers (such as the horizon and sky in this video).

So in insect near the camera would look to be flying fast, because it can only be seen in the close field of view flying for maybe a few feet or several inches (depending on how close to the camera), and it can cover that short distance quickly, which may give the appearance of moving fast across the wide background:

edit on 11/26/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

I believe in ufo's, but I personally believe this may just be a bug, but in any case, it still is an Unidentified Flying Object

I thought so to from first viewing of the slow mo.

Then started pausing, I thought initially a insect flying past very close to camera.

Further pauses and I am lead to believe it is a bird at a bit of a distance from camera flying over the track,

during the pauses and the jump from 1 frame to another I was able to distinguish flapping wings which I thought would be unlikely as an insects would flap its wings much faster and wouldnt be able to spot, but a bird a bit further away does fit in my opinion.
edit on 26-11-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

cartenz

Soylent Green Is People

This made me LOL
2nd.

You made me lol another person on here that doesn't understand cameras and optics just one of MANY on the ufo forum.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

InhaleExhale

I believe in ufo's, but I personally believe this may just be a bug, but in any case, it still is an Unidentified Flying Object

I thought so to from first viewing of the slow mo.

Then started pausing, I thought initially a insect flying past very close to camera.

Further pauses and I am lead to believe it is a bird at a bit of a distance from camera flying over the track,

during the pauses and the jump from 1 frame to another I was able to distinguish flapping wings which I thought would be unlikely as an insects would flap its wings much faster and wouldnt be able to spot, but a bird a bit further away does fit in my opinion.
edit on 26-11-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

I don't believe it's a bird. To quick in the frames for a bird. 20 out of 60 frames per second (i.e. 0.333 secs) from start to end. but thanks.

A bug closer to the lens? but even that is damn fast, if it went from right to left out of frame in that time frame maybe, but the odds that it takes a course detour whilst in the small cone field of view. The other point to make is the further the object from the lens the smaller it will be.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Doing some searching and found this animated gif of a bug flying past the FOV, making a course change as well:

I think it's quite overwhelmingly a bug of some description.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

wmd_2008

derbz
Wow you can see it travel through the cloud. The object is even dimmer for the 2 or 3 frames that you can see it after it enters. This is what you would expect from a UFO- not a bug imo.
edit on 25-11-2013 by derbz because: (no reason given)

That thing goes through the cloud and comes out the top wtf is it.

If you can you could you make the video longer starting from the endpoint? You can still see the object when the vid cuts off. I'd like to see where it goes.

The more I watch it the more it bugs me. The object makes an extremely erratic move towards the end of the slow mow video. It juts off to the right as it comes out of the cloud. You can barely see it but it doesn't maintain a parabolic trajectory.
edit on 26-11-2013 by derbz because: (no reason given)

THERE is NO WAY you can see what you think you see that is a GoPro Hero 2 camera it has a VERY wide field of view see below

type Lens - F/2.8
Max View Angle 170.0 degrees

You can see that at the bottom of the screen the image looks curved also as it has a very SMALL size sensor see below.

Optical Sensor Size 1/2.5"

It has a huge depth of field see below.

Focus Adjustment Focus free

So it's more like a very small object close to the camera!

YOU have to understand the optics of the equipment taking the video or picture to understand what you could be seeing, that's my view after 30+ years doing that!

Well I thought maybe it was a ufo. Those go pretty fast. /shrug
get mad more. ROAR I'M AN ADULT.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join