It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals were harmed in the making of these movies.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Animals were harmed in the making of these movies.

This info will break you heart
www.hollywoodreporter.com...

A THR investigation has found that, unbeknownst to the public, these incidents on Hollywood’s most prominent productions are but two of the troubling cases of animal injury and death that directly call into question the 136-year-old Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit’s assertion that “No Animals Were Harmed” on productions it monitors. Alarmingly, it turns out that audiences reassured by the organization’s famous disclaimer should not necessarily assume it is true. In fact, the AHA has awarded its “No Animals Were Harmed” credit to films and TV shows on which animals were injured during production. It justifies this on the grounds that the animals weren’t intentionally harmed or the incidents occurred while cameras weren’t rolling.

HBO canceled its series Luck a day after Real Awesome Jet sustained head injuries that were too severe to be treated.

The full scope of animal injuries and deaths in entertainment productions cannot be known. But in multiple cases examined by THR, the AHA has not lived up to its professed role as stalwart defenders of animals — who, unlike their human counterparts, didn’t themselves sign up for such work. While the four horse deaths on HBO’s Luck made headlines last year, there are many extraordinary incidents that never bubble up to make news.

I have always cringed at violent movies, the kids think I am silly, but sometimes It all seems way to real, and not just the animals, I wonder about the humans too.
edit on 093030p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
That is terrible! I did always wonder if "no animals were harmed during the filming of this movie" was true all the time or not. I guess now I know. I understand things happen, but when they happen because people think of animals as "collateral damage" or "expendable props" there really is no excuse.

I hate stories like this. I hate that more people don't see that animals can feel pain.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Hollyweird is full of it, I would imagine, in more ways then one.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

If a movie has that label attached, yet served non-vegetarian food on tables and buffets set up for film crew members and actors, then it is not only unearned, but misleading.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Aleister

If a movie has that label attached, yet served non-vegetarian food on tables and buffets set up for film crew members and actors, then it is not only unearned, but misleading.

Ain't that the truth, Aleister.

I wonder about humans too, how many do they pay to stay silent ?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I guess it's all about the bottom line--money.

Just imagine how profits would drop if they said "(insert number here) animals were accidentally or intentionally harmed or killed during this production."

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Aleister

Pfft Vegans.

*goes and muches on some veal*

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Chamberf=6
I guess it's all about the bottom line--money.

Just imagine how profits would drop if they said "(insert number here) animals were accidentally or intentionally harmed or killed during this production."

Yes, money, which make them hypocrites in more ways then one.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

The HBO series "Luck", starring Dustin Hoffman, the one about race horses, was cancelled because a couple or few horses were injured in its shooting and had to be killed. But in this instance it may not have been principle at work, but more of a handy excuse, as the series wasn't pulling the ratings or the good reviews they'd hoped for.

edit on 25-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Aleister

This is so freaking ridiculous. You've gotta be kidding me!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I have often wondered and reassured myself because they say the animals are trained and are acting. A few days ago we watched a movie where a horse tumbled badly down a mountain, and we both said No way that horse was not hurt, in fact it looked dead before the camera moved on.
I do know there is sadness in the eyes of the animals on almost all movies no matter what actions they are doing a kind of deadness in their eyes.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I always saw that sadness too.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Secret emails & documents exposed.

“LAST WEEK WE ALMOST F—ING KILLED KING IN THE WATER TANK,”

WARNING Graphic pictures.
edit on 25-11-2013 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think people who watched these shows, and know animals, have known that animals do get hurt making these movies. If I see a dog twist it's ankle by running, I know the running caused the injury...someone monitoring this on the show might say that dogs hurt their legs running all the time, we have to discount this injury, it could have happened anyway. It is all a judgement call, the desire of the people doing the monitoring is to make sure their employment continues so will see things the way that the income allows them to see. This is common perception in this country.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

rickymouse
I think people who watched these shows, and know animals, have known that animals do get hurt making these movies. If I see a dog twist it's ankle by running, I know the running caused the injury...someone monitoring this on the show might say that dogs hurt their legs running all the time, we have to discount this injury, it could have happened anyway. It is all a judgement call, the desire of the people doing the monitoring is to make sure their employment continues so will see things the way that the income allows them to see. This is common perception in this country.

They often keep a bunch of identical animals that we cannot see the difference and when they use one up or hurt it they send in another. It is like people don't know there was dozens of Lassies on the old Lassie show.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
As an animal lover, this disgusts me to no end.

Doing a quick search I ran across this site.

5 Shocking Stories of Animal Abuse in Movies

Here is just a sample.

Water for Elephants” (2011)

This is a romantic drama set in a 1930s animal circus in the USA, starring Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson, although the real star of the movie is a 42-year-old Asian elephant Tai, who plays Rosie. In the film Rosie is brutally attacked by the circus owner who beats her with a bull hook. But the producers, stars and trainers initially insisted that Tai was trained with kindness, marshmallows and positive reinforcement

However, secret video footage released by Animal Defenders International (ADI) shows Tai being electric shocked and beaten during training to make her perform tricks that she later went on to perform in the film. Click here to watch the video.

Read more: www.care2.com...

edit on 25-11-2013 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I am all for killing animals for food.. Ignorant killing, dying of animals I am against.
I think IT IS SICK these hollywood big wigs claim all their self righteous BS..
On the back end of their multi millions dollar movies they show their true colors.
These folks are hypocrites. They say they are against even killing animals for FOOD, but
on the back end of their movie animals are senselessly dying from, dehydration, exhaust, and dumb accidents.
THESE FOLKS ARE THE INSANE ONES!!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
When "animals dying" equates to a squirrel being squashed, I am not so sure I am that concerned. But when it relates to purposefully overworking animals, or putting them in harms way....that is a different matter entirely.

Kittens die everyday. I swerve around their remains on the streets all the time. So kittens dying isn't shocking or horrible. What is horrible is if they died because someone chose to ignore their basic needs. When you hold an animal captive, you are damn well responsible for their well being.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
When "animals dying" equates to a squirrel being squashed, I am not so sure I am that concerned. But when it relates to purposefully overworking animals, or putting them in harms way....that is a different matter entirely.

Kittens die everyday. I swerve around their remains on the streets all the time. So kittens dying isn't shocking or horrible. What is horrible is if they died because someone chose to ignore their basic needs. When you hold an animal captive, you are damn well responsible for their well being.

Right their with you texan!!! Look at this BULL CRAP!!
THEY ALMOST killed the TIGER from "life of pie"!!!!!
globalnews.ca...
I can't believe these people doing these things to animals, then tell us to be vegan!!!

A tiger used in 'Life of Pi' nearly drowned, according to a monitor from the American Humane Association
Follow the money, these people don't give two flying flips about animals rights and animal cruelty.
edit on 25-11-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Animal Cruelty in Hollywood: The Chimpanzee

If you were beaten on a consistent basis, you too might learn what is coming if you don't display the desired behavior.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join