It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals were harmed in the making of these movies.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This just makes me sick and breaks my heart.

But my big question is
WHERE IS PETA, THE HUMANE SOCIETY and/or THE ASPCA???????

Why is nobody demanding they are all on site of a movie?
What is wrong with the supposed animal trainers, experts that are letting this go on?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

When I was young, I used to go to a little roadside attraction up the Hill from Hancock here in Michigan. The guy used to train sea animals for different shows down in Florida before he semi-retired. He had a bunch of trained seals and sea lions that he would have do all sorts of tricks. He said he worked with Flipper for quite a while before he retired. A few of the animals he had there were retired TV stars
He told us there were usually quite a few of the animals as backups, I always try to see if there are differences in them when I watch shows but they are pretty much close to the same. I guess it wasn't possible to train one animal to do all the things really well so they had their specialties. The guy was there with his animals every summer for about five years then he went back to florida in the winters with them I guess. Those animals were very smart and when they looked in your eyes when you were petting them they looked so intelligent. It cost about a quarter to go there, it helped to pay for their food.

I don't know what happened to that guy and his animals, he treated them well. He never came back one summer for some reason or another. Maybe people up there lost interest or maybe he just got too old to be traveling.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

chiefsmom
What is wrong with the supposed animal trainers, experts that are letting this go on?

ALDF Files Suit Against Hollywood Chimpanzee “Trainer” in Federal Court

(ALDF), along with the Chimpanzee Collaboratory and three other plaintiffs, filed a complaint in U.S. District Court this morning against Hollywood chimpanzee “trainer” Sid Yost for violating the Endangered Species Act and the California anti-cruelty statute by subjecting the chimpanzees in his possession to extreme pain and suffering.

Co-plaintiffs in the lawsuit, including primatologist Sarah Baeckler, who worked with Yost for more than a year, have witnessed him repeatedly abuse several chimpanzees by violently beating them with sticks, punching them with his fists, and inflicting excessive pain on them in order to force them to perform for movie and television appearances.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrLimpet

While I am glad to see that, thank you!
But it sure sounds like they need to have people on the ground for every movie set that involves animals. Or should I say people that will actually do something when abuse occurs.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I couldnt agree with you more.

That may just be "one" out of many that were not reported.

Something should be done to stop this horrible abuse.

edit on 25-11-2013 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hollywood is all about LIES. Do do not believe ANYTHING that comes through that bright screen you watch. Don't believe a single word that those celebs say. Hollywood is an industry of fakery and illusion.

Does anybody really think that they will let you know when animals were harmed during the production?

Read the one about the Hobit on this site...

www.care2.com...

27 animals dead!? How do you end up getting that many animals killed for a movie? That iinsane!

I have only been to the circus twice, and hate the acts with the animals; once when i was in kindergarten, and last year to univer-soul circus. In this one they had a bunch of white tigers doing stupid stuff. Standing on these little stands, jumping over each other, rolling over. I have never seen an actual SAD face an an animal like these white tigers. Like you can see there eyes angled downward like a human's eyes when sad. There mouth's were scrunged up. You can literally see that they DID NOT WANT TO DO THIS CRAP. The trainers had beat and whipped their natural ferociousness and pride out of them. They faces showed sadness, emasculation, and embarrassment. Yes, animals regard things as dumb and unreasonable in my opinion. These tigers faces showed it.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
PETA.....

People Eating Tasting Animals.

Most Vegans are idiots. Even though I support you having your own beliefs, I do not support how you press your ideas on others and then look down on them if they don't agree with you. In fairness I have not meet every vegan in the world but the ones I have met are complete and total morons. Good luck with your wheat grass you self righteous a holes.....

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
J. Allen Boone wrote several books on the incredible nature and wisdom of animals. His perceptions open pathways into understanding for inquiring minds~

Letters to Strongheart

Kinship With All Life

Language of Silence

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hollywood exploits and abuses both humans and animals except the animals have no say...
It is a disgusting, trashy industry...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Not sure this is directed at me, but since I listed them....

I couldn't agree more, that they are complete idiots 90% of the time. But if they wanted to gain some legitimacy, at least in my eyes, they could go after the movie agencies and demand to overlook the health of animals on the sets. BUT, only if they actually report it to the proper authorities, not try to handle it themselves. That doesn't seem to go well for them.

Although, thinking as I type this, that probably won't happen, since they seem to have a big following, in hollyweird.
edit on 25-11-2013 by chiefsmom because: afterthought

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Not directed at anyone really.

I always find that a company or industry who bases their income or existence on monitoring other companies are usually in bed with the people they monitor. Think about it If a ton of animals get hurt then they are not doing their job. I would imagine it is in their and the movie makers best intrests to keep injuries to a min.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I am an animal advocate with the best of them but this article is really overinflating some of the details.

A chipmunk got squashed. Seriously?

Dozens of dead fish and squid? Anyone look at a fishing boat lately?

2011 Zookeeper set and dogs suffering from bloat and cancer died during the production of New Regency’s Marmaduke

How does filming a movie cause cancer, exactly? And bloat is caused by a dog over eating, which twists up its intestines because their intestines are so short.

As for King, the tiger, a shooting went badly and he ALMOST drowned, but didn't. Trust me, tigers are expensive, and especially expensive to train. No one is going to deliberately put it in peril. Know how many humans get hurt during filming?

As for the dog who got punched, the trainer may have gone overboard, but you left out the part where the dog seriously attacked another dog, the trainer was trying to break up a fight. She may have been in fear for the other dog's life.

All of these incidents are accidents. when listing "no animals were harmed" that means deliberately, not accidentally. Animals, and people, are going to be accidently hurt. It happens.

But the no animals harmed movement stems from the days when if they wanted a horse too look like it was shot by a cowboy, they really shot it.

Accidents are a different category.

Talk about melodramatic.

Spend your energy on real animal cruelty.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

nixie_nox

Know how many humans get hurt during filming?

Difference is:

Humans know what they signing up for and get paid quite nicely to do so.

Animals dont have a choice.
edit on 25-11-2013 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

Like you can see there eyes angled downward like a human's eyes when sad.

YES like when a human is enslaved or imprisoned. I would have all zoo's and all slavery of animals stopped if I had my way.

Why should they make money for people instead of living their intended life. They don't get to choose a mate, many people don't realize animals CHOOSE most don't just mate with whatever comes along, some are very picky.
They don't get to make a home (nest, den, burrow) they don't get to breed and keep their young usually they are sold or die young. Many are displayed in a cute environment (cute to us) then they are caged in small areas after closing. Big cats spent their life pacing and clearly miserable.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

I am all for killing animals for food.. Ignorant killing, dying of animals I am against.

Many vegetarians and vegans would not disagree with you surprisingly, IF it were not for the facts of the animal food industries, the way the animals LIVE and the way they die. i am sure most know that the whole process has become a penny pinching torcher, horror show.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

GuidedKill
PETA.....

People Eating Tasting Animals.

Most Vegans are idiots. Even though I support you having your own beliefs, I do not support how you press your ideas on others and then look down on them if they don't agree with you. In fairness I have not meet every vegan in the world but the ones I have met are complete and total morons. Good luck with your wheat grass you self righteous a holes.....

I personally don't eat animals because I respect them as much as any human. I believe they have a right to live and love and have a family freely just as much as you do. If you hunt instead of buying from torcherous corporations I have respect for

As far as pressing ones ideas on others, well that is how all knowledge is shared that is how society grows and advances, people push what they believe and what they learn...how do you think that should work?that.

Calling a lumped together, "MOST" of anyone names like Moron and idiot only makes you look the same. Sure doesn't sound like you "support them having their own beliefs"!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Forget Hollywood, I saw a squirrel being eaten by a bear the other day. That bear should be detained and prosecuted, and his co-conspirators "Mother Earth" as well as whoever is a landholder of the forrest, should all be prosecuted under the RICO Act.

Or maybe so long as they aren't intentionally harming animals it's okay. Just like it's okay to mass slaughter animals for food.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The disclaimers of no animals harmed must be just to shut PETA up. Or the movie gets pulled, then the money is lost.

It breaks my heart that Animals are used in this manner. Nobody likes being held captive. Why do they think animals are any different?

I'm completely against zoos, aquariums, circus'. It's exploitation. Hunting for tiger skins or just to stuff the animal to put on a wall or make a rug is plain disgusting to me.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I agree. It's really sad to seem them in small enclosures out of their natural environment , so humans can watch them.

If a bunch of aliens took one of our family members captive, or all of us, to simply be stared at for entertainment purposes, we wouldn't like it! It's awful when a whale is about to give birth and there's hundreds of people staring through the glass to see it. Often the whale goes into distress or the calf is stillborn... And they wonder why.

They also wonder how come the animal killed it's trainer. I would too if I were them.

Animals deserve more respect than we give them. Birds as well.
My cat brought a bird in the house one day. I wasn't aware until I heard about a hundred other birds squawking frantically around my house. It was like the birds movie. They were clearly distraught one of their babies was taken. I managed to get the little bird outside and set it free. It flew off. Then the squawking stopped.
edit on 25-11-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Remember some of those old cowboy westerns in the U.S., with the cow stampede's? Must have been dozens or hundreds of cows hurt, steers running into other steers and bumping against horses, all in a mad dash to go somewhere away from the humans who were probably poking them with cattle-prods. Some heartless people used to work in Hollywood, now at least they've got a little check-and-balance on them.

And what about Hitchcock's the birds, how many birds were killed for that fear-fest?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join