It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a war going on for your soul

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I'm not so certain that humans are destined for the stars,
but I understand your perspective.

Even those humans who throw off both religion and spirituality
have a need inside of themselves; some fill it with the awe of
the physical universe, some fill it with poetry or charity.

and some people are just atheist assholes.

But the psychological need for 'something' Is part of the human
brain. Studies in evolutionary psychology and sociobiology
seem to confirm this.

I really don't care what form someone chooses for their imagination
and creative potential and yearnings..

but I don't like it when they damn people to hell due to a terrible
lack of imagination and a terrible lack of basic humanity, and
a total lack of rational thought.

That really offends me.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

Oh Iam all for spirituality and God but not the man made religions what can make a good man do evil things.
I think it is a deeply personal thing God and such and no other person should teach others their way or a way what has been in some dusty book.
People damning me to hell is why Iam so against Religion and the peddlers who spread it's vile control method over others.

When you consider that If ET came down and was friendly most of these nutjob religious idiots would call them demons, they think that any other intelligent life out there is demonic.
I think If we are being visited thats the reason they will not have a nice cup of tea and a chat with me

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I think If we are being visited thats the reason they will not have a nice cup of tea and a chat with me

Yup; I've got multiple threads with this thinking in it.

KPB

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

I made a thread about it here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Depressing reading it is

Just enforced my belief Religion has brainwashed many and it could have a massive effect on the future of us.
edit on 7-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Religion is only a vehicle. It was created as a vehicle to get humans to return to their lost nature. The lost nature is what causes the very evil that religion ( tried and failed) to control and transcend.

Catch 22 to beat the band!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Willtell
Religion is only a vehicle. It was created as a vehicle to get humans to return to their lost nature. The lost nature is what causes the very evil that religion ( tried and failed) to control and transcend.

Catch 22 to beat the band!

The desire which LED to the creation of religion was valid.
But I think that religion got corrupted and taken over by
assholes within 7 days of it's leaving the gate.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Fraudfinder

The big joke is that folks like yourself act as "satan's" best PR people..

Think of all of the nice, isolated, ignor-ant Christian children that would have never heard about these "satanic records", until a hundred preachers condemned and harped on them endlessly from every direction and that ol' devilish adolescent curiosity nagged at them until they just had to check it out for themselves..
And apparently this often results in them questioning and perhaps abandoning Christianity and dogmatic thought all together..
most kids seem to have heard the music of something like Led Zeppelin, after someone condemned it.. but when they THOUGHT for themselves about the actual sincerity of THE MUSIC and perhaps got in touch with what it means TO BE SINCERE..

and realized that 80% OF CHRISTIANS AIN'T THAT..

Riddle me this, Fraudman: why do Christians condemn more than they condone..?

From where i'm standing, it seems like a lack of understanding of the content and substance of their own "Belief System" (B.S. as i like to call it..) this is usually remedied (by folks like yourself) by essentially making the case that "Christianity is the best possible option for an already damned society" and resort to "because it was written in the Bible" arguments which are like.. the weakest method for coercing anyone into believing anything..

at least since THE MIDDLE AGES when people were much more likely to believe what they heard, and were already familiar with mythologies which share many of the archetypes in the Bible, and I'm sure that the early Christians would be rolling their eyes if they read this thread..

At any rate, I would think that if the bible were "true" and so OBVIOUSLY so (cuz God wrote it and all.. undeniably the word of God, recorded by the hands of men.. *hee hee*) it wouldn't need chaps like you to push it on people would they..?

I mean, as crazy as things have gotten in the world of fundamentalist Islam.. I never have to deal with them knocking at anyone's door, or trying to "save people" on ATS.. haha.

are any of these points unfair..?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HyphenSt1

You may be unaware of the fact that Saved Christians are Ordained of God and tasked
to bring the Good News about His Kingdom to come and Save people.
This is certainly not something to be laughed at.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

I'm sorry, I just can't help myself.

Actually, scratch that. I'm not sorry at all.
edit on 10-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing this message. I don't need to listen to the videos. I am with you 100 percent.

I can trace how he used music over the years in the most devious, intricate scheme to destroy me. No doubt that he is working just as hard on all. There is a reason he is referred to as "prince of the power of the air, " Ephesians 2:2

Current devil-in-your-face music is quite telling that the times have changed and he is building a fan club who are tossing this cool cat Satan their souls like a Frisbee. He'll have you thinking he is your best friend until you choose God over him and then he will rear his ugly head and you will know what you are up against. Been there, don't want the T Shirt.

Your posting this may meet with disdain, but I do believe that you planted a seed. One we water with prayer.

Oh the lines are long And the fighting is strong And they’re breaking down the distance Between right and wrong Read more: www.bobdylan.com...

edit on 12/10/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

buster2010

Fraudfinder

Artlogic
Fail

edit on 23 2013 by Artlogic because: Pic failed....

edit on 23 2013 by Artlogic because: (no reason given)

Proverbs 26:4- When arguing with fools, don't answer their foolish arguments, or you will become as foolish as they are.
edit on 23-11-2013 by Fraudfinder because: (no reason given)

Who are you to judge if a person is a fool? Jesus wouldn't support your condescending attitude.

Judging foolishness and condemnation are two different things. Having the ability to discern foolishness is necessary to be able to sort right from wrong. Did the scripture passage quoted condemn anyone? No, it merely is a warning to the wise to stay away from playing in the pig pen.

edit on 12/10/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

lol there is no devil or god get it together if there is proof it with facts joke = i the beginning there was Adam and eve the had two children and they got married to whom? and where all this mystery bitches came from?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

You are feeling sorry for yourself, aren't you?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

jeff132

Adam and eve the had two children and they got married to whom? and where all this mystery bitches came from?

'

Lol that's a nice one

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Angelic Resurrection

AfterInfinity

You are feeling sorry for yourself, aren't you?

In all actuality, I am not. I don't feel sorry for myself. I feel disappointed in my peers. So disappointed that it makes me cry sometimes. Disappointed in their lack of discipline, and the ripples that lack of discipline causes across the oceans of society. Less lashing out and more hugging it out. That's what I want to see. But right now, all I see are people pissing on each other and calling it a rainy day.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

You may be unaware of the fact that Saved Christians are Ordained of God and tasked
to bring the Good News about His Kingdom to come and Save people.
This is certainly not something to be laughed at.

soo.. what's your criteria for "ordained Christian"? because, sure I will admit that there have been a few (VERY very effing few mind you..) missionaries that have indeed done good for no other reason but because they enjoy helping others.. and those who do "good" to others, I suppose yes, I would consider them to be following their True-Nature as God incarnate..

but if you mean just "anybody who has accepted Christ into their heart" then.. i'm sorry but you have a lot of pedophiles, murderers, sadists, and just plain stupid people on your team.. and i'm not sure what's so good about that news..

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by apydomis

so god made Adam and eve and they had 2 sons and they got married to whom .and where all these mystery bitches came from loll

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join