It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a war going on for your soul

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Or the world, or humanity, or biological necessities which compensate for physiological shortcomings, or anything which might impinge upon the perfect totality that is your all-powerful godhead?

Because if there is no disdain, then there is no reason to long for such an endgame. You would be satisfied with what you have here for the duration that you have it.

I'm sorry you feel that way , but it sounds like your the one who has disdain, and apparently it's towards me, biological and physiological necessities are just that. But just where do you find that there is need for war or famine, murder, rape, hate, fear, greed in the flesh? Does the fact that I wish an end to these things disturb you? Am I to be satisfied by your lone opinion of me? And my life? That's ok I can forgive you. May peace find its way between you and me so that the only thing owed is love.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Strollin

But just where do you find that there is need for war or famine, murder, rape, hate, fear, greed in the flesh? Does the fact that I wish an end to these things disturb you?

Religion only gives us more reasons to do these things. Wage war, murder heathens, rape homosexuals to change their orientation, hate those who believe differently, fear the wrath of a spiteful god, greedy manipulation of the masses for political and economic control.

Does none of this sound familiar to you? My contention is with your assertion that religion is the solution. I argue that while it may serve as a stand-in for a more permanent solution, it is not the endgame.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I never said religion is the answer, Jesus is. I've read the bible and I've read his words alone. He gives much instruction but cites only two commandments;
Matthew 22:37-40, "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."
No where does it say to commit horrific crimes against your fellow man .
Now I don't know what religion you think I belong to, but it has no denomination , has no headquarters on earth ( except with ones own self) answers to no man as master and holds me accountable for my own actions and repentance.
Not all religion is bad, just maybe the ones you choose to observe, and you could count me in number with you that religion is not an excuse to cause undue harm.
If you still are in contention with me then let me ask you once again to forgive as would for you, and let love be the only thing owed

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I never said religion is the answer, Jesus is.

Same thing.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You get it. Why? Because you are a child of God. It is not that hard.

Do not let anyone change your faith. Stay strong

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Fraudfinder

Yes, keep scratching his back like the good little dog he is. Keep treating him as though he requires your approval and affirmation.
edit on 25-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I probably earned that . Somehow, so forgive me . Please don't be angry.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
HEY MODS! this is a relgious trolling thread.

I swear. Blame everything but who is to actually blame. Music is just music. It is YOU who assigns power to the words. IF i didnt know any better id say you are from LDS church or AMish the way you go on and on about sinful this sinful that. You do realize the new testament is what we are to follow if you are a modern christian correct? Does it forbid music? I have not read that specific verse that I can recall. in the NT. DO not go quoting from the OT because its not for christians its for the hebrews.
edit on 13000000pppm by yuppa because: removed ref

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

yuppa

I swear. Blame everything but who is to actually blame. Music is just music. It is YOU who assigns power to the words. IF i didnt know any better id say you are from LDS church or AMish the way you go on and on about sinful this sinful that. You do realize the new testament is what we are to follow if you are a modern christian correct? Does it forbid music? I have not read that specific verse that I can recall. in the NT. DO not go quoting from the OT because its not for christians its for the hebrews.

This thread started in the Christian forum and the MODS moved it here.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
“They’d say “if ya play the record backwards, you can hear evil things like grrrr!” and I would think, “Jeez, I didn’t know the devil sounded like that. I thought he was coherent, like the rest of us.”

Brian Johnson of ACDC - 2001

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Fraudfinder

Your comments reflect your ATS name.

God told me to tell you, "Judge not, lest ye be judged", he also said to tell you, "that's two".

Artists smile when asked about backwards masking because except in certain cases it is not intentional. I have produced records in the past and in the 80's I used to flip the reel and run it backwards on purpose. I found intelligible words when I knew for a fact they weren't put there on purpose because I was there through every step of production. The first record I ever made when played backwards said, "what man has wrought".

Satan is not doing battle for your soul, he already has it through religion.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

damwel

Fraudfinder

Your comments reflect your ATS name.

God told me to tell you, "Judge not, lest ye be judged", he also said to tell you, "that's two".

Artists smile when asked about backwards masking because except in certain cases it is not intentional. I have produced records in the past and in the 80's I used to flip the reel and run it backwards on purpose. I found intelligible words when I knew for a fact they weren't put there on purpose because I was there through every step of production. The first record I ever made when played backwards said, "what man has wrought".

Satan is not doing battle for your soul, he already has it through religion.

God does NOT speak to you be careful of your blasphemy. I am not judging anyone this is why I know God is not talking to you. He is probably talking about you.

This is a thread about satanic music and the dangers it brings when listening to this type of music.
edit on 30-11-2013 by Fraudfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

God does NOT speak to you.

be careful of your blasphemy.

You're spending so much time taking others to task for the specks in their eyes, you've completely overlooked the plank in your own. I don't think Jesus would appreciate your tone.

This is a thread about satanic music and the dangers it brings when listening to this type of music.

The only thing dangerous about this music is the people who think it is dangerous.
edit on 30-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Fraudfinder

yuppa

This thread started in the Christian forum and the MODS moved it here.

There is no 'christian' forum on ATS...

2nd line

Å99
edit on 30-11-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

God does NOT speak to you.

be careful of your blasphemy.

You're spending so much time taking others to task for the specks in their eyes, you've completely overlooked the plank in your own. I don't think Jesus would appreciate your tone.

The only thing dangerous about this music is the people who think it is dangerous.
edit on 30-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

You do not know the teachings of the bible. We have spoken about this before. You CAN judge one another, it is called rebuking one another. Look it up. I have taught you this before, you simply reject it just like you reject Jesus Christ.

If you and the other critics can not find it the bible it is because you do not study God's word.
edit on 1-12-2013 by Fraudfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

You do not know the teachings of the bible. We have spoken about this before. You CAN judge one another, it is called rebuking one another. Look it up. I have taught you this before, you simply reject it just like you reject Jesus Christ.

If you and the other critics can not find it the bible it is because you do not study God's word.

You know how much time I spend around people who DO know the teachings of the Bible? Lots. I've had conversations before with people who could spit like Snoop Dogg, rattling off verses as easy as breathing. You think I'm ignorant regarding the contents of the Bible? I'm not. I didn't just sit up one day and say, "Hey, you know what? Atheism sounds fun. Let's do that."

I have a reason for what I do and what I think. I observe, I analyze, I track, and I conclude. If my observations change, everything else follows. I'm not here to make the universe revolve around my sense of meaning and fulfillment. I am here but for the grace of pure chance. I intend to make the most of it, regardless of whether it tickles Jesus or your god. If they wanna do something, let them do something. But again, I warn you - if they do anything to me, it means I win. As long as free will exists, they can rage and torture and condemn all they want, but in the end, my vote overrules theirs. And if they don't respect that power, I will use it til I no longer have it.

God can't just take our souls, or he wouldn't need the bureaucratic red tape. He wouldn't need all these hymns and baptisms and Eucharists and verses. He'd just reach out and WHA-BAM!! He's got you by the love eggs. But since he hasn't done that, I have just enough cards to be getting on with. I have enough leverage to stand up and tell him 'no' right when it can cause the most damage. And if he forces my hand, I'll demonstrate that power until he's blue in the face.

Because I know what the Bible says, and that God fellow sounds like the biggest douchebag of all of them.
edit on 1-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Because I know what the Bible says, and that God fellow sounds like the biggest douchebag of all of them.

Only a desperately sick human mind could have created the god of the bible.

Nature itself, though apparently indifferent to life and humans, does not partake
of the incest, rape, beatings, torture, genocide and mass-scale lying dehumanization
(original sin, and sin in general) which those sick human minds have created.

In nature if you are lower on the food chain, you get eaten, but there
no malignant hatred and psychotic gloating and the enjoyment of the
Burning of Flesh

KPB

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The problem with any of this is the way we separate things from ourselves.

The acts in the Bible, and the creators of it, as well as the Bible itself WAS DONE BY HUMNAS

WE ARE HUMANS

One could go around deluding themselves by separating themselves from this all they want… what is going on then is that you yourself are becoming further from any truth by the very fact of separating yourself from this.

What is important is what are the things that led up to the creation of anything( such as the Bible) or any act or series of acts and when we decide to say IF I WERE THERE I WOULDN’T HAVE DONE THAT we are separating ourselves from the human race.

If one is so much better than the creators of the Bible than one can’t even thank themselves.

They have to look to the elements of their life (parents, education, culture, teacher, ideas etc) that made them so much better than these pre-modern humans.

Nothing is created out of a vacuum.

People who hate religion I think aught to try to understand the inner need of humans for religion.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

People who hate religion I think aught to try to understand the inner need of humans for religion.

I 100% agree with you on this.

Proverbs 26:11
As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly.

I acknowledge that humans have a deep need that can be met
by religion, spirituality or other systems. But humans have been
stick in a rut with hateful religions and self-defeating spiritual
systems for so long, that they've nearly destroyed the Earth due
to their nonsense.

Something healthier is needed.

KPB

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

Some of us have moved on away from religion and more and more are doing so every year.
Just think one day it will be gone
Then we can get down to the more serious business of getting along and striving for the stars.
Humanity FTW!!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join