It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America; A Coward Country

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

beezzer

damwel

FlyersFan
reply to post by beezzer

Now that you mention it, I think you are right .... this administration LOVES victims.
It needs victims in order to pull off it's nefarious agenda.
And those Americans with the 'can do' spirit of the Pioneers are vilified.

Yeah buddy, it's nefarious agenda of getting health coverage for poor children.

People were ALWAYS getting healthcare coverage.

The issue now is Obama changed WHO PAYS FOR IT!

Kinda like a conversation I had years ago with our oldest grandson. He'd just started his freshman year in high school. We were having a family cookout and the discussion was about taxes, at the moment. He popped up with, "Grandpa, goods and services cost money."

Who the H*ll decided that everything in this country has to be done by the gov't from cradle to grave??

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Because I try to be responsible for my actions, because I try to self-determine, I am responsible for those who won't?

Not sure I'm following. . .

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by beezzer

Now that you mention it, I think you are right .... this administrationLOVES victims.

You're halfway there, but you have to drop the whole "this administration" thing. Obama, Bush, Clinton - and every senator in DC have sold their souls to one entity or another. To think the nefarious agenda being pulled off upon the American people begins or ends with one administration is naivety at its finest.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pejeu

Do you or bezeer support abolishing banks? All banks, all banking altogether.

No?

Thought so.

Full of it.

Hmmm, delusion runs strong with this one, number one.

Very Good, carry on.

edit on 20-11-2013 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
SYSTEMIC cowardice from the "top," primarily since the National "Security" Act of 1947, begets other types of cowardice. I'm pretty convinced history will remember particularly the American version of rule BY secrecy - the Black Ops, Black Budget, alphabet soup etc. spookocracy - as especially, even more remarkably cowardly, sociopathic, treacherous etc. The big blabbermouth, usually far right-wingnut pseudo-revolutionaries (when even pseudo-) of today who are mistakenly BELIEVED to be so tough and sensible will eventually be equals among the rest of the cowardly sheeple-slaves, to whom it applies, as I see it.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
No one in the US is living off the government. There is no government 'nanny state'. It has become all a shell game by large business interests.

There is a problem with the whole government vs business (capitalism, corporatism, you decide what word you want to use). All government has been "privatized" by the generous "free speech" provided to candidates by the corporate "person".

It isn't just a problem with the national government either. Just look at the open invitations to bribery being spouted by the 'government' mouthpieces trying to attract the possible venue change by Boeing.

Heck, just attend your local city council or county commission meeting. I flat out guarantee almost every topic of discussion is how to make things better for business.

To an extent, this is a genuine concern of government. Business needs an environment that allows and encourages success. I am a small business owner, as well as being a corporate employee. I do see both sides, and in my opinion it has gotten out of hand. I don't elect people to government to make a profit, but to provide a service to the citizens. A very specific service and only that. As long as it is restricted to that, government is a good thing.

I want business to be restricted to business issues as well. It does not belong in government. As with anything else given power and not kept in limits it will expand to every bit of control it is allowed into. I don't want businesses running my life either. My life means more than a way to grab the next dollar.

Both government and large business are simply ways for individuals to band together to attain goals they are not capable individually. They both MUST be limited in scope and power and they both MUST provide the service intended to the individual. We have lost sight of this concept.

If you support an 'individualistic' world view, understand that big business is not your friend.
edit on 11/20/2013 by Montana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CornShucker

Well i tried very hard to bring some honesty, and something positive to the thread. But it should be obvious to everyone that honesty and truth and reality had nothing to do with this thread. The only coward here is the OP. I don't say that lightly because I seriously don't want to judge. But after continually trying to get him to be honest about what he sees good in his country and his life all he could say was he was only thankful for what he created, nothing else. This is the true coward, someone so filled with hate and disdain that he sees nothing good lest he created it.

It is obvious to every honest non coward here that we do have so much to be thankful for. Beezlebub is a coward because he can't admit to there being anything good about his country, not even the very fact he is free to rant about it in the first place. That is a huge thing to be thankful for because there are a whole bunch of them where he would be in prison for saying anything like he did. But he is not thankful for that freedom of speech.

He is not thankful for any of the many benefits he has being an American, nothing. That is the definition of a coward, someone who is afraid to do what is right, Merriam definition, that is you beezy. Can't do what is right and admit you have much to be thankful for. Coward.....

This is not an honest thread of discussion but just a whining session.

If really feel this way and are not thankful for anything I feel sorry for those around you.

Seems to me nothing more to talk about here, might as well be talking to the self proclaimed king, to Cruz himself lol....

Later all no honesty here...

The Bot

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So, what are some solutions that we can create that would change things?

Complaining is fun and all, but if that is all we do, then those who do make plans will retain total control.

The division that is present creates apathy on all sides. No one does anything, because its "not their job." But, they will spend time and energy complaining nonetheless.

It seems there are many more servants to the system than just those who take advantage of it, who seem to get the brunt of the blame. As long as people are too busy blaming everyone and anything, instead of seeking and discussing solutions, then nothing will change. Well, it will get worse, it just wont change for the better.

You should get used to bowing to your corporate overlords if you spend more time blaming than seeking answers. Such behavior is already accounted for in the plan, an imperative part at that, and as far from the "fringe" as it can get.
edit on 20-11-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Serdgiam
So, what are some solutions that we can create that would change things?

Complaining is fun and all, but if that is all we do, then those who do make plans will retain total control.

The division that is present creates apathy on all sides. No one does anything, because its "not their job." But, they will spend time and energy complaining nonetheless.

It seems there are many more servants to the system than just those who take advantage of it, who seem to get the brunt of the blame. As long as people are too busy blaming everyone and anything, instead of seeking and discussing solutions, then nothing will change. Well, it will get worse, it just wont change for the better.

You should get used to bowing to your corporate overlords if you spend more time blaming than seeking answers. Such behavior is already accounted for in the plan, an imperative part at that, and as far from the "fringe" as it can get.

We need to find some common ground and start there, but with all of the "My way or the Highway" mentality that seems to abound here, that seems exceedingly difficult to do. Compromise has become a bad word, and the center has become a bad place to be.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

CornShucker

beezzer

damwel

FlyersFan
reply to post by beezzer

Now that you mention it, I think you are right .... this administration LOVES victims.

Yeah buddy, it's nefarious agenda of getting health coverage for poor children.

People were ALWAYS getting healthcare coverage.

The issue now is Obama changed WHO PAYS FOR IT!

Kinda like a conversation I had years ago with our oldest grandson. He'd just started his freshman year in high school. We were having a family cookout and the discussion was about taxes, at the moment. He popped up with, "Grandpa, goods and services cost money."

Who the H*ll decided that everything in this country has to be done by the gov't from cradle to grave??

Excellent point. Today it seems more about what and where to tax more so than eliminating taxes.
Take the property tax for example. If we get rid of that, people can spend that money improving their homes and buying other things, which we know, still goes back to Government in the form of sales tax and excises ect. The plus is , people can at least secure home ownership vs state imposed rent, and people still highly contribute to "goods and services" so there is actually no real loss of revenue. Just the shifted way people are taxed. Then with population influxes, you actually add revenue.

Notice the shift and how states can still collect the allocate spending. Seems more in line with founding principles as well. Especially out here in Tx. I think we'd all be better off without taxing of the home and property since homes themselves are not used for commercial purposes.
edit on 20-11-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

I agree, and I think that is completely, 100% intentional.

People actually starting discussions, seeking answers and solutions, and working towards a better system are very dangerous to the system currently in play. Complaining and blame, and nothing but complaining and blame, provide a great amount of security for those who are making the plans.

So, how do you prevent that and ensure blame games? Tie the puppet strings of people together and watch them dance to each others tune. And make sure to take away sharp edged objects through regulation, because of "safety concerns."

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

edit on 20/11/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

The people should be a little more actively involved in their cities and states. Take Andrew Jackson for example, the man believed in listening to the people. Kept him honest. His issues were with the banks and banks sponsors, not with the people. I would say its better for the people, cities and states to not take loans from banks for silly purposes. Hell that's just good policy and doesn't affect a banks business at all.

Then as a people, rights have to be taken into consideration. Why would you vote for something that diminished peoples rights, any people. Possibly vote to better establish and secure them. That's one way we can all stay honest, fair and responsible.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

dlbott
reply to post by CornShucker

Well i tried very hard to bring some honesty, and something positive to the thread. But it should be obvious to everyone that honesty and truth and reality had nothing to do with this thread. The only coward here is the OP. I don't say that lightly because I seriously don't want to judge. But after continually trying to get him to be honest about what he sees good in his country and his life all he could say was he was only thankful for what he created, nothing else. This is the true coward, someone so filled with hate and disdain that he sees nothing good lest he created it.

It is obvious to every honest non coward here that we do have so much to be thankful for. Beezlebub is a coward because he can't admit to there being anything good about his country, not even the very fact he is free to rant about it in the first place. That is a huge thing to be thankful for because there are a whole bunch of them where he would be in prison for saying anything like he did. But he is not thankful for that freedom of speech.

He is not thankful for any of the many benefits he has being an American, nothing. That is the definition of a coward, someone who is afraid to do what is right, Merriam definition, that is you beezy. Can't do what is right and admit you have much to be thankful for. Coward.....

This is not an honest thread of discussion but just a whining session.

If really feel this way and are not thankful for anything I feel sorry for those around you.

Seems to me nothing more to talk about here, might as well be talking to the self proclaimed king, to Cruz himself lol....

Later all no honesty here...

The Bot

Nice try. I'll give you a golf clap for the effort.

But I'm not going to allow you to change the narrative.

Don't like my observations?

Tough.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

I think we could learn a lot from emulating the actions, attitudes, and behaviors of leading figures earlier in United States history. They focused on self-sufficiency, and just as importantly, the systems to enable these things in the populace.

All of the issues were warned about, its not like any of this is new. Centralized banking, etc... All of it was even specifically mentioned!

But, some people came up with a way to not only financially enslave people, but to have them bicker so much amongst themselves that they never even look to the source of the enslavement.

I dont see this as something which is going to be fixed, because people are being scammed everywhere but putting the blame on each other and not the scammer. Even if they do get to the point of blaming those who are profiting off of this mess, they are not likely to propose reasonable solutions other than "wiping the slate clean" or a violent revolution.

We are in serious trouble, and if people think its bad now, they are in for a very rude awakening. Voting wont necessarily work, that is already covered. There are plenty of ways to restabilize the country, it just takes clever thinking, and most importantly, working together. The problem is that people have been programmed to do the opposite, so it significantly more likely to just see rants on message boards, twitter, etc than to see people actually trying to solve the issues at hand.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have heard that 1/5 of Americans could not locate the USA on a world map. There are plenty who would stand though Beezer! The masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force. Standing up in today's world just makes you a Hippy freak, Ron Paul Looney, a Racist or a southern hillbilly bent on reigniting the civil war.

Any real action will be down played in the media or not mentioned at all. Do you know no American media outlet reported on the largest protests in world history. They happened on the eve of the Iraq invasion. None mentioned the Hersh children in Iraq either.

I know this is about as un American as one can be, but why was it not the peoples prerogative to police the Medical industry by capping their profits and stopping the 500% markup on drugs? Why instead was every man woman and child in the country taxes to feed this most corrupt of industries?

The American people have no voice! I guarantee that the minute that any group did become a threat it would be disappeared.

You know those printers that can print guns are real threat. Not because they can print guns, but because the technology threatens to allow a person to print any product they like in the future.

Why would anyone worry about gun control when things like below are available with no checks delivered straight to your door.
This is what we call a JB weld special because all it takes to assemble a machine gun is a tube of JB weld and a couple hours drying time.
www.gunbroker.com...

It will take an all out war and a defeat to right these wrongs Beezer! Your dear republicans are just part of this most corrupt of systems.

There is a difference between and coward and an idiot!

edit on 20-11-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

GREAT POST... I thought there were too many CONDITIONED COWARDS on ATS to actually speak truth likes this.

ameriKans are TRAITOR TRASH ! Honest people tried to expalin the current coming DANGER but the CONDITIONED, SELL OUT, DUMBED DOWN, LACK of MORALES TRAITORs fall for anything, if you meet their WHORE PRICE.

I will for one ENJOY to GREAT DEGREES the TOTAL DEVISTATION and SLAVERY the GOYIM have asked for.... SOOOO DESERVED !

ameriKa BEST WHORE NATION a Communist can buy. GOES for all the GENERATIONS losers... YOU JUST DUE is HERE ! SUCKERS !

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think the TP is suffering from both arrogance and indeciviness. They could of hanged obama and holder a while back yet they did nothing about it and just whine about "big government this and big government that".

They threaten to close down the economy as well.

I agree with some of their POVs, but they have been effective only in relation to fixing their party. Of course that is much more than what Occupy has done.

And please lets stop with calling neoliberals as progressives. Its bull#!

The real progressives and real liberals ARE OCCUPY, not the trash that has infested the democrat party.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

beezzer
When was the last time you saw a special story of how a person started a company on his own? A rags-to-riches story?

You mean despite all the red tape and barriers that our government sets up along the way to impede and retard such progress??

Well, to answer, even though the feat is becoming ever more spectacular, it is never recognized/celebrated by the media.

Government-media complex... Ya know..

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Welp, one of those ways is interest rates. They hurt the people and government. Ultimately I think they also hurt the banks too. Look at our debt. Generally the key to good policy thought at least in my mind is demonstrating that everyone, EVERYONE benefits (or at least doesn't lose) from the policy people speak on and initiate. Its not easy to make negative remarks about banks because even they are part of the country and whether we like it or not, have a role and businesses to run. Its always better for a country to gain though.

Still though as a matter of founding principle, more specifically the word independence, boy that has never been easy to secure looking back. Its even harder when people tend to gravitate towards assistance like today, as opposed to making a genuine effort at achieving self reliance. Of course that also has to do with economy, quality education, regulations and laws. I think as a nation though we had better re-learn to secure for ourselves. You don't have to be rich, but you shouldn't have to have a road block at every turn either. Individual sovereignty is a good thing, state sovereignty, national sovereignty all great things. Very little to no dependence and a great respect for virtue is key for solid foundation.

Maybe a good wave of Franklinism is in order. Focus on education, invention, hard work and a good thought about competition in our country. Not dog eat dog mind you but a general will to succeed on your own. Might be a good point to make to all those college students packed with knowledge and nowhere to apply. get together, design a product, secure funding and sell that mofo till the well is dry. Hell go legalize hemp and learn to weave a hemp shirt with some awesome design on it. Whats this countries excuse? fear? Fear of what? This is our country.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join