It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America; A Coward Country

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Nephalim
Maybe a good wave of Franklinism is in order. Focus on education, invention, hard work and a good thought about competition in our country. Not dog eat dog mind you but a general will to succeed on your own. Might be a good point to make to all those college students packed with knowledge and nowhere to apply. get together, design a product, secure funding and sell that mofo till the well is dry. Hell go legalize hemp and learn to weave a hemp shirt with some awesome design on it. Whats this countries excuse? fear?

I agree with that premise, in fact, thats one of the key tenets behind the time-consuming series I link in my signature.

Its interesting that while one can profit from their own invention through direct monetary transfer, the people who gain that invention (or art, whatever), also profit but not in terms of monetary units. I mean, its a principle behind why we even buy stuff at all, but if its not in money terms, some people do not recognize it has value.

When things can be made open source (like an Arduino board), the amount of progress such creations make is significantly faster than through closed source means (like most technology out there). It may reduce the profit derived from direct monetary transactions, but the overall system becomes much healthier and more valuable as a result.

A lot of very interesting math has been done surrounding this type of idea, and it all shows that what we are doing now is the anti-thesis of enabling societal and individual progress. And to my mind, it shows that a false paradox has been folded into our cultural story in that the only thing of value to pursue is fiat money. All the while, everything that earned money is spent on tends to go right back to the same sources who have defined the regultion. People think coal scrips died off long ago, but thats not quite the case.. Works very well for the current system though!
edit on 20-11-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Heh, thats another thing. brings something to mind, What excuse does any city have for ordinances against gardening? You know, i seem to remember this thing called private property. Matter of fact, why isn't farming of any sort a federal and state protected activity. Its essential to survival. Heck we got usda offices all over the place, whats to stop a guy or gal from driving on over and getting some information about growing fruits and vegetables safely for consumption? See what I mean about education and opportunity? seeds cost a couple bucks, you already have land and space. Go grow a damn potato for gods sake. Who gives a damn about being orderly when your fridge is empty. You folks go grow what you need and tell those old authoritarians and law hounds to let you eat. Government has bigger problems to deal with than tell you what to do in your yard, and on your property.
edit on 20-11-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

Market domination!

It just wouldnt do well for the current coal scrip system to enable self-sufficiency, so it is done through market regulation.

Allowing such gardening would also enable people to pursue and encourage others to become less dependent on monopolized food sources. That eats into monetary profit. Cant have that, even if devalues the system as a whole (a de-centralized food system would be much more stable, amongst other things). The only thing most people care about is the number in their bank account, and this goes doubly for large businesses (including banks). I would also guess that in areas where this sort of thing is not allowed, that you can probably get some sort of license or permit if you fit their "requirements" and have the money to do so.

Its all quite interesting, imo. Most people are not capable of long-term thinking or planning, and this has been exacerbated by various things that have shortened attention spans even further. Because of this, most people are also unable to see the bigger picture in any arena, much less recognize the value of money is not inherent to itself, but the system that uses it to standardize transactions. As that system weakens, it devalues the money. So, its counter productive, especially long term.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
have not read this thread just the title. the only one afraid is you. We are alive and kicking. You problem is you are talking to the 2%. get out in the world and mingle. express yourself somewhere other than online. don't be afraid. eyes wide open. it will be alright

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

jlafleur02
have not read this thread just the title. the only one afraid is you. We are alive and kicking. You problem is you are talking to the 2%. get out in the world and mingle. express yourself somewhere other than online. don't be afraid. eyes wide open. it will be alright

But I'm safe in my mom's basement.

And it's cold out. I might catch a chill.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

jlafleur02

the pen is mightier than the sword. expressing ideas online to potentially thousands is more effective/efficient than expressing ideas to 10 or 20 people you see on the street.

the internet is so important that the government via think tanks has been known to pay people to post the wrong ideas. that is why you see 100 people cheering for obama and bush rather than for johnson or stein. that is why you see 10 people making fun of ufos rather than admitting they are real. the same for 9-11.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

jlafleur02

the pen is mightier than the sword. expressing ideas online to potentially thousands is more effective/efficient than expressing ideas to 10 or 20 people you see on the street.

the internet is so important that the government via think tanks has been known to pay people to post the wrong ideas. that is why you see 100 people cheering for obama and bush rather than for johnson or stein. that is why you see 10 people making fun of ufos rather than admitting they are real. the same for 9-11.

^ This. This is why they have an "Internet Killswitch" and why they attempt to regulate it. Never before in the history of humanity has so many allowed to see and use something so powerful.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

beezzer
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Above are just two threads from many that have spurred me to write this one.

Dunno how long this will last, though. It's not going to be a nice thread, nor a pretty one.

First let me apologise to many. I'm sorry. Not everyone can be brave. I wrongly assumed that people would naturally embrace noble efforts. I wrongly assumed that people would steer clear of cowardice.
It takes guts to be responsible.
It takes courage to self-determine and make your own way.

Then there are those that shun responsibility.
Those that willingly cede self-determination.
Those that gladly give up independence.
Cowards.

But not everyone can be brave. And that's what political leaders are counting on.

From PC indoctrination (see above thread) to hate-filled vitriol towards independent groups like the Tea Party (see above thread) America is looking to eliminate independence.

They want to see a nation filled with victims. People who get offended and cry for help from government.
People who get sick and cry for help from government.

People who need and want someone(government) telling them what to do.
How to act.
How to live.
What to eat.
What to drink.
What to buy.
What to earn.

The government wants cowards.

Are you against Obamacare? Then you are mean and stupid and want people to die. (not true)
Are you against higher taxes? Then you are greedy and mean and don't want to help out poorer people. (not true)
Are you against PC? Then you are a bigot or a fascist. A hater who doesn't want equality. (not true)

But that is the meme being engineered in our society.

The government wants you to run and hide if you see someone with a gun. They see that as a better solution than fighting back.

They want victims.
They want whiners.
They want cowards.

If you are an independent thinker, you are a hater.
If you are self-reliant, you are a hater, a domestic terrorist.

I guess the choices have become clear.

In America you have a choice.

You can be a coward and be accepted by the government and take what they give you and don't you dare complain or you can be brave, independent, self-reliant, self-determined, and be vilified, hated, and be a target by the coward nation.

This probably constitutes a rant, but I feel it has social ramifications as well. Though if it comes off as too hateful and angry, then delete if you must, oh mods of the site!
edit on 19-11-2013 by beezzer because: t

so... this is nothing but whining about getting push back from people who don't agree with you? this is called FREEDOM OF SPEECH beezzer.

oh boohooohoo poor teabaggers, people don't like what they say? whatever shall they do? it's funny that all you are doing is vilifying others because they happen to think the tea party is full of self-entitled morons who still think the same things work today as they did 50 years ago.

by the way "If you are an independent thinker, you are a hater.
If you are self-reliant, you are a hater, a domestic terrorist."
LOL apparently you have a really short memory.

before 2008, if you were an independent thinker who thought the "conservative" way was bad, you were a hater.
if you didn't toe the line you were a terrorist, remember "if you are not with us, you are against us" or if you didn't support the war on terror, you were a terrorist?

i can't remember the last time anyone attacked anyone for being self-reliant, are you talking about isolationists and the fbi list of signs of potential domestic terrorists? because clearly isolating yourself isn't a tool used by terrorists right? nope the 911 bombers didn't spend a lot of time out in the middle of nowhere right?
being one tick on a list doesn't a terrorist make beezzer.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Serdgiam

Market domination!

It just wouldnt do well for the current coal scrip system to enable self-sufficiency, so it is done through market regulation.

Allowing such gardening would also enable people to pursue and encourage others to become less dependent on monopolized food sources. That eats into monetary profit. Cant have that, even if devalues the system as a whole (a de-centralized food system would be much more stable, amongst other things). The only thing most people care about is the number in their bank account, and this goes doubly for large businesses (including banks). I would also guess that in areas where this sort of thing is not allowed, that you can probably get some sort of license or permit if you fit their "requirements" and have the money to do so.

Its all quite interesting, imo. Most people are not capable of long-term thinking or planning, and this has been exacerbated by various things that have shortened attention spans even further. Because of this, most people are also unable to see the bigger picture in any arena, much less recognize the value of money is not inherent to itself, but the system that uses it to standardize transactions. As that system weakens, it devalues the money. So, its counter productive, especially long term.

Yea ask me if I give a damn about the market, monopolies and inequalities Serd. Stay in compliance with the highest laws and principles in the land, LIFE, LIBERTY and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS, you tell everyone else to # off. You got your life to live, they need to go live theirs and stay out of yours.

You know when some of the first peoples came here, they starved, got sick and died. That tends to happen to ambitious folks who cant take care of themselves. Had it not been for my ancestors, and probably yours there would not be a market, let alone a country at all. At some point you gotta say to folks...you know what, its about me surviving in this country. Its not easy and it wont ever be, don't make it harder than it has to be and we'll ALL be ok. make it tough and we might as well be those people dying fresh off the boat. Story of our lives, even today, I # you not.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Well, I figured I would spend my free time coming up with some things that would make my own life easier and more plentiful. Some would say to an extreme degree.

Once finalized, I figure this sort of thing could really be used by everyone from the neediest to the wealthiest. But, I plan on doing it in such a way that it will not be monopolized. At least not until the clever SOBs have enough time to do so. In the case of the founding fathers, it made it into the triple digits (years) before it really started to get corrupt.

I find myself wanting to learn from that in my own endeavors. We will see how it all turns out. At worst, I will be entirely self-sufficient along with everyone I know using technologies, inventions, and an economic framework that provides the best course of action based on math. Not math that allows for the greatest profit of a few, but some that allows for the health of the entire system to be taken into account.

We will see how it works out. I feel it is too late for most, but it doesnt mean I wont share it all the same.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I am ready to stand and fight for what is right. No matter the cost. I have in my blood the souls of great men before me, and I will fight for everything they worked so hard to build. I will not let greed and corrupt individuals destroy this country.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

wills120

^ This. This is why they have an "Internet Killswitch" and why they attempt to regulate it. Never before in the history of humanity has so many allowed to see and use something so powerful.

anyone who thinks the government can kill the internet with a push of a button has no idea how the internet works, there is no "internet killswitch" the whole concept of the internet's infrastructure is to prevent that stuff from happening.
the only way the internet would go down is if we had a world wide emp blast and it fried all the hardware in the world.
if every backbone entity decided to shut off their networks, every isp shut off their networks, we could still have internet, we would just have to build a network.

en.wikipedia.org... allows for country wide service, so anyone fearful of total internet shutdown worried for nothing. besides the fact that no one who owns the backbones or isps would do this, they have way too much invested, the government would either have to pay them for the loss or put them in jail.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It's all about heaven and who gets the best places. It will not be the Americans that is for sure for what they have done to the world with their psychological warfare, trying to subdue everyone.

People should embrace their differences, until that day we all go to war, the virtual war I hope and everybody will know who is the strongest. Because none know that because the only way to be sure is after actual war and then everybody knows only the losers will remain, those who lost so much but are still there instead of those who went to heaven because they lost in the war.

Yes war is always a bad thing, everyone can easily live together, if not for those who want to confuse other people so they become weak and easy to manipulate. It happens everywhere, even manipulating someone to believe you are a good person is what some people do, just making eachother believe they are great compared to themselves and some even go as far as doing this on an intergalactic scale, with ET's saying they take care of us and it is so difficult and they get all the cooperation from other ET's out there while those on Earth both living and not also get a lot of cooperation from other people. While it's all evil really but few care to give it up and look to the future after it has been given up.

We are in the last phase of breaking down the human psyche, we needed differences, colors if you will so we can recognize eachother because otherwise we would all look white, or black, just one color except ofcourse "The One", that American guy who would look significantly different to everyone else and feast on people's souls. No, not talking about the President just for clarification. Gender is the last big difference by which people can distinguish eachother, once that is gone then it'll be one big pool of The One with all his projections and everybody acting according to his will, his expectations, both in the world of the living and the afterlife, maybe not at once but slowly overtime until it is too late. So never deny your dick or vagina, cherish it, and remember all the choices you made in life, write them down if you have to because when it is near the end nobody will want to remember, can't remember, probably because of the argument of being locked out or not having permissions on your account.. err soul ofcourse.

ps yes it is funny how those spirits keep fooling themselves, fantasizing one of them is me.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I make an observation, write about it, and get called a whiner?

lolz

Methinks some doth protest too much.

The comfort of government security and care must far outweigh the benefits brought about with freedoms inherent with individuality, self-determination.

I really think that if people want the warm embrace of the DMV, then they should chase after it.

Just don't include me, create laws that include me, or force me to partake in the love-fest some have with government!

Government is a necessary evil. It is like a prostate exam. Annoying. Intrusive. Uncomfortable. But sometimes necessary.

It should not be the end-all be-all of everyone's lives!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What is it that you are whining about..?

You are still free to do whatever you want, even run for office, start a company, anything at all.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
reply to post by beezzer

You are still free to do whatever you want, even run for office, start a company, anything at all.

How about not purchase health insurance?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
reply to post by beezzer

Its awfully hard to stop the wars, the bailouts, get a third party into office(heck even getting some airtime), stop ACA, get rid of the FED, get rid of holder and kerry, etc.

Someone is calling the shots and its not the average person. Its like trying to stop a locomotive going 100 mph each and every time. Who puts so much momentum into destroying the nation? You wake up and listen to another disaster unfolding. Stuff dont happen by inertia, someone puts the negative energy into it.

Free? yeah right!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

rangerdanger
Unless you're from my generation (under 25) you won't understand my generation. Same way I don't understand what it was like living in the 60s where candy costs a penny each and you had to walk to school 10 miles barefoot in the snow..
Same old rhetoric has been passed down from generation to generation.
Call us whatever you want, but my generation will continue to do whatever it is you're complaining about.

You will continue to do as you do now.
Until the SHTF.
Then you may have the opportunity to do as us old folks have done.
Walk 10 miles for food and water or you may not have that chance.
I'm hoping that you have a better world than we did.
A better america.
We the people by the people and for the people.
My guess is that you won't have that chance.
Heads in the sand and Goverment teaching has a lot
No scratch that HAS ALL TO DO with who,what,where and how you will live
the rest of your days.
Just my opinion.
and yes i'm old 58 to be exact.
WE the People Need to take back our Country.
Before it's too late.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Excellent insights and many thanks for expressing this so clearly...as a critical thinker I have been ridiculed by many of my old friends for questioning the NSA, Benghazi, IRS, actions of the Obama administration--not to mention their sacred Obamacare. Even questioning Obama leads to charges of racism. a few days ago Oprah said, "People who criticize Obama are racists," in the UK media....

I believe their will be a big reaction to Obama and his nanny state....I may be too old, but it's time to take back rights for those who still believe in personal freedom.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

NewAgeMan
reply to post by beezzer

Its awfully hard to stop the wars, the bailouts, get a third party into office(heck even getting some airtime), stop ACA, get rid of the FED, get rid of holder and kerry, etc.

Someone is calling the shots and its not the average person. Its like trying to stop a locomotive going 100 mph each and every time. Who puts so much momentum into destroying the nation? You wake up and listen to another disaster unfolding. Stuff dont happen by inertia, someone puts the negative energy into it.

Free? yeah right!

If you keep believing that and in the process hand it over, you might lose the ability to lay claim to it for yourself.

What, do you think that "system" is the real world?

Ignore it. And if there's a devil in it somewhere he hates that when you do that.

Make a good life for yourself and others, even in spite of it all, and there's the power and the freedom.

Oh and don't listen to Alex Jones any more.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join