It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living it up on the tax payers dime a weeks worth of food stamps

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

hammanderr
reply to post by FyreByrd

obesity affects the welfare demographic harder than anyone. Those kids could use a few forced weeks of low caloric intake. Plus the poor parenting of welfare/disability mommies and daddies is not the kind of parenting that these kids need anyway. We should cut support for them. Hunger is a great motivator.

You obviously know nothing about obesity and the welfare correlation, nor nutrition. To suggest that the obese could stand to skip meals shows that you are not equipped to challenge any dietician what so ever. More than not, obese people are not nourished in the least.

Second, to even suggest a society go hungry for the sake of motivation is criminal and in many cases will land you in a bad situation if you were to practice what you preach, especially if you practiced such behavior in your own home. You could even go to jail starving your own dog to motivate him to sit, lay down, or to roll over. Get a grasp please and thanks.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I see a lot of posts from people complaining that they are subsidizing the OP's choice in foods. Well, if the OP EVER worked a day in his life, every day that he was receiving money for services rendered, he was paying into the same government systems that the rest of you are paying into now.

Where were you people when we were slinging missiles at countries we had no business being in? Where were you when we were paying for boots on the ground in Iraq? Where have you been the past 12 years?! There are FAR BIGGER money pits in this inept government than EBT benefits. EBT/Welfare/WIC is only a FRACTION of what we give to countries like Afghanistan, Israel, any other country than our own.

I just consoled a friend of mine who fell on hard times and had to receive EBT/Public Assistance for the first time in his life. Hard worker, never missed a day of work, and was laid off. I told him that the money that the government took out of his paycheck every two weeks is money owed to him should he ever fall on hard times. Yup, if you ever contributed to the bigger "Welfare Pot" then you are entitled to a portion of that money if this should ever happen to you.

God forbid any of you ever have to rely on these programs to survive. You'll get absolutely no sympathy from me.

(And just to be clear, OP needs guidance in purchasing better foods and guidance in culinary skills, not people on soapboxes claiming that the "Bums in this country" are "taking food out of my baby's mouth.")

-TS

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Moco Loco:

Buy long grain rice. Not that instant crap. You get like 30 pounds of it for 10 bucks. Ten pound log of ground beef is around 10-13 bucks. Onions, 5 bucks for a bag, I prefer vidalia. Corn starch, like 5 bucks for a jar that'll last -months-, some eggs. Three or 4 bucks per dozen. Butter, 2 bucks for 4 sticks or something? Soy sauce. A few bucks for a bottle, and it lasts a while. Go to chinatown if you have one and you can pick up 1 gallon jugs of it for around 4 bucks. Scallions (if you're feeling fancy like me). These are like 1-2 bucks for a bunch.

Scramble up the ground beef, cook up the rice. Chop the onions/scallions, saute them in butter. 1/4 of a stick per onion is fine, I use 1/2-1 onion for this and maybe 2-3 scallion stalks. Strain the beef, add in about a cup of water. Throw in some soy sauce, the onions, scallions, and thicken up the gravy portion with some corn starch (you only need a little, maybe a teaspoon or two depending on how thick you like it). Put it over rice, fry an egg to top it, and salt/pepper to taste. Bam.

This is all like 40-50 bucks, but with the stuff on this list you can feed your family for like 2-3 weeks if you know how to cook. Moco loco is delllllicious, btw. This recipe feeds 3 with some for leftovers the next day. Also consider I'm a big eater (for my bday, I got myself an 18 ounce prime rib. I ate it, my salad, my soup, my potatos, bread, and dessert without an issue).

Chinese Porrige:

Set a large pot of water to boil. Dump in a bunch of rice, and some chicken. A bag of chicken quarts is 10 bucks for 10 pounds, rice is cheap. Ginger and scallions, salt and pepper. Throw it all into the boiling water (peel/chop the ginger and chop the scallions, of course). Don't eat the big ginger pieces (unless you really like that O_o). Boil it down for a few hours until it's a thick soup. This is 25 bucks and lasts 3-4 days with 3 people picking at it constantly. Obviously you don't use all 30 pounds of rice or 10 pounds of chicken, or even all the ginger/scallion. You'll have plenty of that stuff leftover when you're done. The stuff on this list, after the porrige, will last you at least a week, anyway.

Beef Stew:

Any cheap cut of steak. Seriously. I buy the 3 dollars per pound stuff. Once it's boiled for a while, it's just as tender as anything else. Potatos, onions, salt, pepper, barley, french onion soup mix. Boil your steak for a while, cube it up, chop potatos, add in your salt/pepper and french onion soup mix. Add the barley a good 45 min-1 hour before it's finished cooking. You can make 2 weeks worth of beef stew for like 20 bucks. A little Mrs. Dash adds a lot of good flavor to it, too. I prefer my own spice mix for it, but trust me. Mrs. Dash is good stuff.

Ham casserole

Buy a half of a ham. They are like 3-4 bucks per pound. Potatos, flour, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, butter, onions, milk, and cheese. I prefer the shredded pizza mix (mozerella + cheddar).

Slice or cube your ham however you like. Slice/cube potatos and onions. Saute potatos and onions in butter and throw on top of the ham. Melt a stick of butter, add in a bit of flour. Stir this often over low heat until it becomes a fluffy paste. Add milk until it thins to a creamier texture. Throw your spices onto the potatos/onions, dump this creamy stuff on top, top with a thin layer of cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees. When it's done (check potato tenderness) add on some more cheese and melt it in the oven. Done. All this should be done in a casserole dish or baking pan. You'll use half the ham most likely, an onion, and a few potatos. Super cheap, super yummy.

This is just the beginning. You can live easily for a month off 60 bucks by yourself with nothing but pasta, sauce, and ground beef. That much rice lasts a long time, and makes a wonderful side and filler. Any leftover rice can be used to make fried rice with leftover meats, veggies, whatever. Shop in chinatown if you can. They tend to have cheaper prices on a lot of stuff, and generally better quality rice. Never mind their amazing selections of cheap fruits (10 bucks makes a fruit cocktail for 10 people no problem). Stick to eating real food, ignore the canned/processed crap, learn to cook and making food money stretch isn't nearly as much of an issue.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Originally I wasn't going to post anything here and was done with this thread, but the hatred and vitriol people have spewed over several pages (ironically enough much of it coming from people who claim to live the life of Christ in other threads) changed my mind. I too am a paranoid schizophrenic and am on disability for the condition so I know very well what it's like for the OP.

I'm going to start with the food comments. Who cares what the person is buying? Different people have different culinary skills. For the past few months I've had an untreated back injury that has left me unable to stand long enough to even cook something at a stove, furthermore everyone is going to find something unacceptable in another persons groceries (sidenote, some of these recipes people have posted sound delicious). I get less than the OP for my food stamps, I get $140/month. I actually eat on less than that (or pay for some in cash) as part of the cost savings in my state involves randomly dropping people from the recipient list for a month or two, so I always make sure to keep some in reserve. 3 years ago the allotment was $200/month at the same income (actually even higher income), so they've been cut 30% as prices have risen. I'm going to list my my average groceries for two weeks, I may be a little bit off here as I'm more of a day to day shopper (or really every 2-3 days):
14 1 liter bottles of flavored store brand carbonated water
2 boxes (48 bags) of caffeine free herbal tea (2 different types)
3 boxes of macaroni and cheese (i eat it without the cheese packet though) or a bag of macaroni
3 containers of cubed ham to mix with the macaroni
6 managers special premade chef/grilled chicken salads (not bought all at once, lettuce doesn't keep long enough) or alternatively ingredients to make these depending on which is cheaper and how good the vegetables are. Spinach over lettuce when making myself as it keeps longer.
1 bottle salad dressing
1 frozen supreme pizza
1 bag frozen green beans
1 bag frozen carrots
1 bag frozen onion
2 boxes of broth (chicken or beef), reduced sodium
1lb stew meat or chicken
2 bags frozen peppers & onions
1 kielbasa sausage
1 package all beef hotdogs
1 package multigrain hotdog buns
1 bottle spicy brown mustard/ketchup as needed
1 jar of a spice I don't have or am low on that's good in soups/stews, I go through a lot of black pepper
1 jar unsalted almonds
1 bakery package of cupcakes or a bag of pepperoni rolls (maybe once/month, I can't eat them responsibly)

And I'll eat out at a restaurant for the last day.

All together this comes to around $70, about $55 of which I'll pay for from my EBT card (to keep some in reserve like I posted about above). The reason I posted this is because I think it's an entirely reasonable grocery list. I'm not buying a bunch of processed junk food (though I did that for a long time in the past), and I'm making reasonably healthy choices with a good amount of vegetables and few if any sugary foods. I'm sure some people here will find fault with my grocery list however, maybe there's too much, or maybe a frozen pizza isn't a luxury I should have, perhaps I should be eating more plain bologna sandwiches, and so on. I've been admonished my fair share of times in the checkout aisle for buying bottled water, or almonds, or the expensive hot dogs with EBT. My theory is that many people secretly disapprove of these programs (or often times not so secretly in forum postings) and just want to find fault with another persons purchases so that they can justify their beliefs to themselves. I vaguely recall a bible verse about that from my Catholic high school days.

When it comes to the working side of things the way disability is currently set up makes it very difficult to work. If like me or the OP you put yourself at huge risk to do any job at all if they've deemed you 100% disabled. Sometimes and especially with mental illnesses you have good and bad days, if 60% of your days are good days, you'll appear just fine to people when they see you as they're likely only seeing you on good days. Few employers are going to give you a job though if 40% of the time your bad days are acting up and you're unable to work.

In the case of myself and the OP the sleep issue is huge, I had to call in sick to my job today because I couldn't fall asleep early enough last night. These medications sedate you heavily and will cause you to sleep for 12-14 hours a day (in my case they always kick in at random times, sometimes I can't fall asleep for several hours, then they kick in and my entire next day is wasted). When you have to sleep that much it can be quite challenging to hold a job. Another issue with working is that you pay taxes on the full amount of your wages, but then half are deducted because you're on disability, and food stamps are also deducted from the full value.

For example if I work for 20 hours and get paid $150, I pay 20% tax or so on that $150 leaving me with $120, but then disability reduces my benefits by $1 for every $2 I make before taxes, so $75 is subtracted and that $120 becomes $45. That $150 will also reduce food stamp benefits for the month by about $30 as well, meaning you only pocket $15 for 20 hours of work. Depending on gas prices to travel, need to buy work clothes, and so on it's easy to lose money by working. On top of that any work is used against you as evidence of you not needing disability in the first place.

Personally, I hate feeling like a leech despite the huge penalty to working. Since the onset of my illness (which I've partially "recovered" from... meaning I've had an extended period of mostly good days) I have gone to school and I've completed several degrees (4, and almost a 5th) in the hope of learning everything I need to know to be able to be productive, in my case what I chose was making video games though a lot goes into that. Knowing several computer languages, database structures, being an accomplished artist, musician, writer, having a decent understanding of psychology, and more if you need to be able to do it all yourself. Currently I work with vocational rehabilitation and they send me to work temp jobs occasionally in addition to my main job which is tutoring/teaching at a college a few hours a week. It's not easy but it's a little bit of work (though it comes at great risk to getting disability in the first place). Some people are able to do more and some are able to do less, and how much someone can do often times changes literally overnight. Most of the people on disability aren't unemployed or severely under employed because they want to be that way, but rather that's the way their illnesses work. Some days you just don't function.
edit on 19-11-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Hello all Useless eater here

I get food stamps and sorry but seems you have no idea on how to shop. And i get about the same amount. First of all avoid super market chains that sell food for more. I like Aldis, you can get almost twice as much food if you know what to get as opposed to the bigger chains. Meats, Bread, Eggs, some raw vegetables, its not rocket science. Maybe you should look at other super markets in your area, grab as many coupons as you can find in your paper. Im satisfied with what i get "50 dollars a week" 10 dollars a day. Far from starving. Thats 3.30 a meal if you eat 3. I eat two meals. Unless you are a obese person with a insatiable appetite I see no way why or how you can go hungry.

Not sure how old you are, you should see you doctor for a check up and have some maintenance check ups done. ya know, blood work , it will tell them if you are eating a healthy diet. From the looks of it you are lacking many critical areas of the food pyramid. I would be physically sick of I ate the sort of stuff you are eating there.

And YES you CAN afford chicken breast and you can afford the things you need to eat. Because I can, like I said I get almost the same amount. So when you say that me thinks you might be trolling. Either way nobody is making you go hungry or going without. TRY NEW THINGS! Unless a olive sandwich is your favorite
edit on 19-11-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Keep your head up mate, its hard but its obviously not your fault.

I live in the UK, I grew up on the doll with my mum and two younger brothers, and my mum couldn't and can't cook to save her life- thank god for the grandparents.

My nan taught me to cook and cook well. So I would say spend some time honing your shopping and cooking skillz.

But in all honesty and I am sure a lot of members wont like this veiw, but blag the government for all you can get if you need it, its not like its really the taxes that pay for benifits anyway, its the debt.

I have recently conviced my grandad who worked hard and live by the book his whole life, that its not unethical to take what you need from unethical sources, like our governments.

I mean if they lived by their own rules so would I, but when they print it from thin air, and use our money to kill innocents and bail out bankster, I absolutely refuse to go without food so they can keep their trillions.

So, in egland if you don't allow entry bailiff s can't force entry unless given a courts warrant, which for civil matters they never get.

I owe about 3000 pounds for gas and electric bills, which is now in my partners name and on a key meter, and we have written off they debt, thanks energy companies.

Screw the bastards who put so many of us in these positions.

I worked at that time also- god I am bad! But I am not really, its all funny money as soon as it enters the governments hands.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Same here bud.

I'm on disability, and had it cut from 275 a month to 140 dollars. We still have to spend cash when we go grocery shopping and its rough. I see you already have the self righteous telling you what you should and should not eat and what you should be buying.

The fact of the matter is, there are real people like you and me who depend on this assistance to eat. I see more and more people demonizing the food stamp people for the little bit of money spent on it compared to the trillions of dollars spent overseas on illegal wars its a drop in the bucket. I am simply in awe of TPTB propaganda. They really have people convinced that lobster buying food stamp recipients are the reason the country is in the crapper.

Oh, and before any of you self righteous smart arses tell me I'm not poor because I have a computer and internet, let me just say that my mom pays my phone and internet through a family plan. Otherwise I would not have either. My other mom pays my car insurance. My disability is barely enough to cover the house note and utilities.

For the richest country in the world, there sure is a hell of a lot of poor people.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Aazadan
Who cares what the person is buying?

HE came on here complaining about what his entitlement bought him. HE DID THAT. So HE invited comments. It was obvious from the picture that he wasn't shopping smart ... so people gave him advice on how to shop better and how to get more food for his money. (and more nutritious food). What he bought was crap ... not good for his $$$ and not healthy for his health situation. (sugar always makes things worse).

Different people have different culinary skills.

As for different culinary skills - he needs to learn how to cook basic foods. If he can't, learn to boil water to make spaghetti noodles, then there are plenty of inexpensive things he could be eating that don't require cooking.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

FyreByrd
This is sickening to me, all these people telling this person how to eat?

You do realize that HE CAME ON A CHAT FORUM and posted that he couldn't get enough food with his entitlements ... and then posted pictures of crap that he bought - sodas and pies. HE INVITED the conversation. People are going to tell him how to make his dollars go farther. If he didn't want
the comments, then he shouldn't have posted his complaint and a picture online.

But these fine libertarian folk - are telling this person how to eat, spend his money.

passive/aggressive slam bringing in politics to a conversation where it doesn't belong.

Did anyone hear - DISABLED -

Did you hear ... MENTAL HEALTH disabled. He is still very capable of going grocery shopping
and capable of cooking a meal. Read the thread.

Isn't there any compassion left in the world.

You have a strange sense of compassion. The guy was complaining about not having enough $$ to get food so people told him how to make it stretch further (and how to eat healthier) and yet you say those people were wrong? That's absurd. What isn't compassionate is someone ENABLING a person to overspend entitlement money on junk food that provides no nutrition.

edit on 11/19/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
While I do feel for you, my best advice is, learn to actually cook and get rid of the instant stuff.
2 Chicken leg quarters, rice and a can of Cream of Mushroom could feed you for 2 days.
In a large skillet lightly brown the chicken, pour the Cream of Mushroom in a bowl, add a can of water, pour over chicken and put on LOW SIMMER for 1 1/2 hours, plate on a bed of rice. My kids actually ASK me for this. You can do the same with almost any meat. Look on the internet for cheap recipes.
www.campbellskitchen.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

StallionDuck

What do you get, 25$ a week?

Seriously, what is your weekly income for the foodstamps alone?

I'm not condeming you on your choices of food, because growing up from a child, we had to live off of foodstamps and in government housing.

But, why, if you're on a strict budget (I don't see government funds set up to be used as personal indulgences), why would you buy cokes and pies? You're supposed to buy nutrition. That's what the funds are for. It's money to keep you alive and well, not to buy moonpies and soda water. Same thing with the EBT cards. I would think they're for paying bills like electricity and rent, not casino funds or club night.

I'm not picking on you. I'm just seeing an example of the problem here, even though it's small in your case, it's a very big picture problem. Substitute that 2$ of cokes, plus the 1$ olives and the 2-3$ pie and whatever else in there that isn't good for you and buy your meat. Potatoes have protien, as do all foods in some degree, but you can get stew meat, a 5lb bag of chicken or something akin to that with the money you saved on the foods that wont do anything for your body.

Smart shopping. I know it's tough, but it is very possible.
edit on 17-11-2013 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

i have to agree here, i grew up in a different country but well below the poverty line with a single mum raised 3 kids on disability (she had broke her neck when i was 5, i was pretty much the man of the house)

we got soda like once a blue moon if that. how can you justify buying #ing soda? the # you have in that picture is not what i would expect to see from someone who is on foodstamps. it all looks like junk to me. shop smarter and you would be much better off.

edit to add: do they ban smokes from being used on foodstamps? i think they do, they should also ban soda from being used on foodstamps, what a joke that is. that $2 you spent on soda could have fed you for another week.
edit on 19-11-2013 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
God forbid you plant a few seeds.

i shoot squirrels all the time. a can of 250 pellets at walmart is freaking 2 dollars...

even if your a bad shot thats enough squirrels to feed you for months, and they taste a hell of a lot better than most of that crap in the picture.

i feed a family of 4 and we spend on average...maybe 70 a week? and thats including all the nonfood items like toilet paper and soap...

i dont understand how your struggling. not trying to be insensitive, i guess we just live in 2 different worlds.

bags of various frozen veggies = $0.97 at walmart. ground beef is less than 3 dollars a pound. your talking less than 4 dollars a day for dinner.... what about lunch? bread is just over a buck a loaf and even the good lunch meat is 2.50. 2 of each should suffice even if your a fat@ss. for breakfast get a big thing of oats. thats all under 40 bucks and is more than a weeks worth a food.switch up your meats for lunch and switch up the veggies for dinner.

hell if you need to go find a taco bell and take home a bunch of suace packets for free to jazz up the ground beef flavor

milk? cans of it are a buck. forget the gallon jugs.

if budgeting at walmart is really that hard for you find your closest dollar tree.

i do fine earning an honest wage, while at the same time paying for the $156 dollars a week (easily twice what i spend) that my neighbor receives per week for food stamps. they dont do a damn thing (except have more kids)

edit on 0am19130000000Tue, 19 Nov 2013 07:09:41 -0600kAmerica/ChicagoTue, 19 Nov 2013 07:09:41 -0600 by LadyLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Is this really about how much food you can buy with your food stamps or is it about the aid that is being sent to the Philippines and the fact that you are angry food stamp funding has been cut by your government? I am referring to your thread "America rushing aid to the Far East while cutting aid to its own citizens!"

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19/11/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
By the replies in this thread I can see that people on food stamps need a consultant, as they are obviously not intelligent, and require even more assistance than food stamps will provide. They need to be schooled on making the right choices and learn how to spend wisely.

The OP was making a simple statement, and he got responses alright.

I am amazed at some of the posts, sort of, but not really.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It not so much him being told to shop smarter thats the problem.

Its then open or even hidden digs and insults some are throwing at him or even digs at his disability and attempts to put him down.

And you even have one heartless bastsrd (who names beguins with M) basicaly calling him a thef and wanting all sick and vunrable people cut adrift to starve.

Now you are obviolsuy not a evil or cruel person as you seem to undertsand that some help needs to be given, we may disagree on what that help is on a few points but that doesnt make you a bad person or immoral. But there are others in the thread that have displayed a heartless cold attitude.

As for the cooking, as you said you have a background in psychology so you should be aware that depending on what drug he is on, his dossage and side effects the treatment Schizophrenia may be limiting his mental skills and abilitly to learn and cook, his shoping may just be done on the few lucid episodes he has. Yes he may just be lazy and he may be fully capable and able. But Im not his Doctor and I dont know him in person so I and no one on here is in my opinion in a position to judge what he is and is not able to do.

Just keep that in mind.
edit on 19-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Serdgiam

Obviously, proof of that would also require omniscience.

So, please proceed then. Or are you just waxing the light fantastic.

Serdgiam
Though, its very, very telling that that is the direction you went with it.

For those who do not have money, their contribution to society (what YOU do with your money) is done in the more direct form of ingenuity (in some cases).

That is nice and all, but what is your point?
So I guess that those with money don't contribute in other means.
You are very one sided in your view of wealthy people.
And since you seemingly have written off the application of money as a factor in society, you then have no problem leaving my money alone.

Serdgiam
I am not able to just give out money,

Geez, sounds exactly like what I am saying.

Serdgiam
and in fact, I think that attitude (what you call government theft) is working to create people who abuse the system,

Excuse me???
My want to keep the money I earned is creating this??
Now I know that you are just a Progressive ideologue.

Serdgiam
and those who are too short-sighted to separate the wheat from the chaff. This division works into it all quite well, since people will more readily point fingers at others and NEVER offer a solution. Allowing the government to just do its thing.

Honestly, do you and other Progressives share a brain, or just run with monthly talking points.
Just because I don't offer a solution, or one that you would like, doesn't mean I need to be silent in the wrong doings that are happening.
MY money is being stolen by the Govt to give to others. That is theft in any other aspect of life.

Serdgiam
Basically, it sounds like you want a free ride to complain without contributing anything whatsoever. That is not so different from the people you deride.

Yeah, again, the typical Progressive response. Because I want lower taxes and smaller Govt, I in turn want no rules and so on.
Let me remind you, I am the one working a job, building a business, sleeping 5 hours a night only to have someone like you attempt to berate me when I say I am tired of paying for others journey in life.

Serdgiam
A better solution would be to equalize this to realize more forms of contribution than simply fiat money, which has no real value anyway. Alongside that, implement systems and technologies which actually encourage independence and self-sufficiency. (are you even reading these parts, or have you "red-zoned" by now?).

Yeah, this isn't an OWS rally. You will not get anything from me in regards to this.

Serdgiam
Dont worry, when I start to release new technologies, you will receive a special mention.

Promises promises.

Serdgiam
Youll be famous! Despite people like you telling me to "suck it up," and the government denying me any assistance (I am sure you are happy about that), I did it anyway. I did it to help everyone, including yourself, because not everyone thinks that everyone should be on their own, doomed to whatever existence life circumstances dictate.

But......how will you possible do this without Govt help, and my money????

I will wait, patiently in the corner for such a release.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

AlaskanDad

Does the goverment subsidize your business

Do I sound like an 0bama backed flunky???

Serdgiam
or do you perhaps get paid by the tea party fund?

Oh, another sad attempt to insult me. How cute.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

SuicideBankers

Everything taken from your check does not go to the poor, needy, or disabled. You make it sound as if it does even when we all know you know better. Bringing up the mismanagement of your tax dollars in other ways is a perfectly reasonable argument.

I said in general, I am tired of MY money being stolen to provide for others. Regardless if it goes to some foreign country or others.
I work to provide for myself and my family. Not for others.

SuicideBankers
Tithing to your church is not charity. Its giving to a church which I might add have become incorporated and don't have to pay any taxes at all. They don't teach compassion in church anymore?

When did I say tithing? Assume much?

SuicideBankers
Your real beef here IMHO isn't really about the poor or disabled its about the government taking money from you period. You narrow the argument to be difficult but the reasons its taken from you are not the point. Its the fact that anything is taken from you at all is my guess.

I earned it. Period. What makes you think it is okay to steal from me? Honestly. Except that it is for your pet project.

SuicideBankers
I would have to agree if this is the case. You are right to say they have no right to take a single penny from you. The IRS in my opinion is an illegal institution never ratified by any state. So go ahead and don't care about anyone but yourself and I hope you never have to walk in my shoes. I paid my taxes as well. I worked hard for my family as well. I busted my arse like a good little capitalist climbing the corporate ladder and when I was no longer an asset I was left high and dry. Where are my taxes now? The answer? Countless wars and into the pockets of puppeticians compliments of corporate personhood and money having a voice.['quote]
So, it is okay to steal for something, but not for another thing.

SuicideBankers
So the government continues to roundly bugger all of us from behind as we argue as to who fault it is. Brilliant!

I never blamed anyone except the Govt.

SuicideBankers
Why isn't it everyone's right to eat good healthy food?

It is their right to do so, if they have the means to do so on their own. Without first taking from me.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

So, the "It's different" side of things come into play. Imagine that.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I am sorry to hear about your situation.
It sucks.
But, you honestly can't say that I am financially responsible for your lot in life.
And you honestly can't say that you believe that the Govt is there to "help" you.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join