It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living it up on the tax payers dime a weeks worth of food stamps

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

My oldest does at my business and at home.

What is your point?

Or is this just more deflecting.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I do know the difference and believe that there should be a some kind of, and limited, safety net for them, along with defined outlines of who is and who is not able to work.

When I see young adults with Downs working, and smiling at that, there is little excuse for most people not to work.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Do I feel robbed from??? Yes, I sure do.

I am for a flat tax, with no right offs.

If I have to pay for someone to eat, then so should the person below me and above me.

And I do like the attempt to relate this to Fire and EMS services, you know...."Services" to handouts.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

So, the whole dieing in the streets thing.
Like people dieing from not having health insurance.

You watch too much TV.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
DB
edit on 18-11-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Another false analogy.

The use of the Military thought of leave none behind does not apply to Govt theft to give to others.

Military members themselves make the decision to do this. Not forced upon by the Govt.

It wasn't your responsibility to return those medals.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

What sort of work does say, Steven Hawkins do??? Seems to me that he can't wipe his own but, yet is successful.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

So I should be ashamed by being punished for hard work?
I am disabled as well. Yet, I don't make excuses.
And as for the whole part of this or a citizen of that. Don't really care.
I work to provide for myself and my family.

I give, by my own choice, how and what I decide.

I do love this mentality that only the Govt can help people. No wonder this country is going down the toilet.

Geez, you guys are really trying to get me to cry at every turn.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I would suggest you cook your own food. Buy flour, shortening, baking powder, powdered milk (doesn't go bad and is cheaper). Add to the list. Make your own biscuits, bread, and anything else you can think of. To save money I buy ground turkey or chicken at about 2.20 a lb. I use half in my stews or whatever I'm cooking as my main dish. A 10 lb bag of potatoes goes a long ways and is about 3 bucks. It sounds to me like you don't want to do any work at all. You may be disabled but you can still cook food from scratch.

Heck I even make gravy from scratch. I spend less then 70 dollars per month to feed myself and I eat WELL. REALLY WELL. No steaks but plenty of chicken and turkey I don't touch tuna because its junk now. Pinto beans and rice omg for reals you've never made any? Beans go ALONG way. Go to your local food pantry they will give you beans and rice all day for free. No offense intended but I WOULD LOVE to spend 200 a month. Id be eating steak and lobster.

edit on 18-11-2013 by Pimpintology because: of fluoride!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Again,I partially agree because i see where you are coming from and no it wasn't my responsibility but at the same time....it is.
I do understand what you are getting at BUT (and theres always a but)

do love this mentality that only the Govt can help people

1.If you served the government you are pissed at for taking your money and giving it to people who might abuse the privledge of getting it....you must then serve the people they govern because those are the ones you served for in the first place as well as the ideas of your country.
2.Compassion is better then jealousy....I get why you don't like it,you work your ass off. (I assume)

Maybe jealousy isn't the right word but thats what I can think of.

To me,this is an issue of compassion and understanding....we can't begin to have compassion without understanding others lives....you know what they say....walk a mile in the mans shoes first.

I give, by my own choice, how and what I decide.

I do the same....some people deserve nothing and some deserve compassion.
edit on 18-11-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by Serdgiam

Oh, so you have proof that said items would not have been invented without Govt theft???

Obviously, proof of that would also require omniscience.

Though, its very, very telling that that is the direction you went with it.

For those who do not have money, their contribution to society (what YOU do with your money) is done in the more direct form of ingenuity (in some cases). I am not able to just give out money, and in fact, I think that attitude (what you call government theft) is working to create people who abuse the system, and those who are too short-sighted to separate the wheat from the chaff. This division works into it all quite well, since people will more readily point fingers at others and NEVER offer a solution. Allowing the government to just do its thing.

Basically, it sounds like you want a free ride to complain without contributing anything whatsoever. That is not so different from the people you deride.

A better solution would be to equalize this to realize more forms of contribution than simply fiat money, which has no real value anyway. Alongside that, implement systems and technologies which actually encourage independence and self-sufficiency. (are you even reading these parts, or have you "red-zoned" by now?).

Dont worry, when I start to release new technologies, you will receive a special mention. Youll be famous! Despite people like you telling me to "suck it up," and the government denying me any assistance (I am sure you are happy about that), I did it anyway. I did it to help everyone, including yourself, because not everyone thinks that everyone should be on their own, doomed to whatever existence life circumstances dictate.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

reply to post by macman

lol's now you play the sympathy card...haha

You work hard as do our CEO's and politicians I am sure!

Does the goverment subsidize your business or do you perhaps get paid by the tea party fund?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by Mamatus

Ahhhh, let me sob just a little.

Yeah, I am mad. I look at my paycheck every time, and see just how much is stolen from it. Then I read about how people either go wild in a Walmart in LA, people scamming to get free cell phones and then others seemingly complaining about what they were able to purchase while using Govt handouts.

The money stolen from me, could be used to provide for MY family. You know, the family that I work for, to provide for. But instead, I have people like you, a bunch of fake compassionate want to be's that chime in about how it is only fair because of this or that.

Now, you and several others here are fine with money stolen from me and my family, to give to others.

I see where your compassion is. Those that YOU have stated should not be without. Not for those that provide the funds for those people.

Just think, if people like me where able to pay less in taxes, all of your compassion would be fund-less.

Everything taken from your check does not go to the poor, needy, or disabled. You make it sound as if it does even when we all know you know better. Bringing up the mismanagement of your tax dollars in other ways is a perfectly reasonable argument.

Tithing to your church is not charity. Its giving to a church which I might add have become incorporated and don't have to pay any taxes at all. They don't teach compassion in church anymore?

Your real beef here IMHO isn't really about the poor or disabled its about the government taking money from you period. You narrow the argument to be difficult but the reasons its taken from you are not the point. Its the fact that anything is taken from you at all is my guess.

I would have to agree if this is the case. You are right to say they have no right to take a single penny from you. The IRS in my opinion is an illegal institution never ratified by any state. So go ahead and don't care about anyone but yourself and I hope you never have to walk in my shoes. I paid my taxes as well. I worked hard for my family as well. I busted my arse like a good little capitalist climbing the corporate ladder and when I was no longer an asset I was left high and dry. Where are my taxes now? The answer? Countless wars and into the pockets of puppeticians compliments of corporate personhood and money having a voice.

So the government continues to roundly bugger all of us from behind as we argue as to who fault it is. Brilliant!

Why isn't it everyone's right to eat good healthy food?

edit on 18-11-2013 by SuicideBankers because: typo

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

hammanderr
reply to post by wantsome

I'd really like to know what your disability is, you're able to shop and type on the internet. That means you could hold down many jobs, you write with good grammar as well so you're not illiterate. Working in medicine has taught me that many people are dying to get on disability and it isn't that hard to get on it. Many very healthy people have various difficult to disprove mental ailments, difficult to disprove phantom pain and a litany of other sicknesses. PTSD is over diagnosed in the non war veteran community, emotional abuse and a variety of other alibis make this an easy diagnoses for people that don't want to work. The system's broken.

I am responding to the second half of your post.

What you said is the BIGGEST problem I have seen around me.

Can we still call it fraud when the definition of who is disabled gets wider and wider?

And by what others have posted, I should have compassion for what you described.

I don't because most of the ones I know that are 'disabled' live waay better than I do, especially around the holidays.

How does one weed out the scammers from the ones who genuinely need it because on paper, they are all the same in a sense?

And cannot remember who mentioned it, but there are many, many ways to get good food with or without food stamps [at least in my area and most all the other places I have lived]

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SuicideBankers

So the government continues to roundly bugger all of us from behind as we argue as to who fault it is. Brilliant!

Remember who took an oath...the guy you are replying to.
If its that corrupt then who failed who??
Just had to toss it into this trainwreck of a thread.
edit on 18-11-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by palmalBlue2

I think they are intentionally broadening the definition, while making it more difficult for people with very serious issues to get assistance.

Cloward-piven can be seen in almost every single policy in play. And while people point the finger at other people, using extremes to justify bias, the government, federal reserve, IRS, and various other institutions are laughing all the way to the bank. Or, I guess they are already "at" the bank.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

macman

What sort of work does say, Steven Hawkins do??? Seems to me that he can't wipe his own but, yet is successful.

Just to check when and where did you do your medical degree?

Huge diffrence between say ALS and say Spina Bifida

And even with Steven hawkings not everyone with ALS has a IQ of 200+ Im sure if he did not have his intelligence he would have had a hard time finding something to do to earn money....

Not all those in a wheelchair are the same. Every disability should be taken individual, blanket statemnets are not helpfull!

You also bring down syndrome into this? You know there is diffrent degree. I knew a guy with downs, worked as a box packer, best thing for him he loved it and gave him a sense of purpose. I also had a great uncle with downs, he was so bad he could not even feed himself let alone follow simple intructions so as to work at even the most simple thing. See? even with downs syndrome there is a HUGE variation.
edit on 18-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

crazyewok
Eave disability should be taken individual, blanket statemnets are not helpfull!

While I definitely agree, blanket statements are actually very helpful in the overall agenda. Keeps people nice and distracted, and certainly far, far away from proposing solutions themselves.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

crazyewok

No I wont cause thats self inflicted and you are fully capable of work

Im speaking fo the SICK AND VUNRABLE

Cant you differentiate welfare for the sick and vunrable (which Im supporting) and the unemployed and lazy?

What about the sick and vulnerable who's illness is self inflicted, such as COPD from smoking or obesity from overeating?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Or, what about someone who broke their back skiing? They did it to themselves, right? No help for them?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join