It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living it up on the tax payers dime a weeks worth of food stamps

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Oh good hell.

Your platitudes are very poetic, if you were preaching to an OWS crowd.

The stealing of money from me, to give to others is what the topic is about.

Or, more specific, the OP showed what they got from Govt handouts.
I would think that a person would be thanking all of those that work, and pay for that stuff through taxes. Instead of coming across as complaining.

My question still has yet to be answered.
Should the person on Govt Handouts be eating as my family does??

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by crazyewok

They are not my financial responsibility.
My responsibility is to myself and my family.

This whole sick and dieing retort does very little to me.

There are thousands of methods for people to get food. I still don't see where it is okay to remove food from my family, to give to others.

Coward!

You cant even bring your self to say it.

You just hide behind the "They are not my financial responsibility. My responsibility is to myself and my family." line.

But if you remove help you know full well the sick and disbabled will die! You know full well that!

If you going to cut them off at least have the guts to say what it is. Ie let them die.

macman
There are thousands of methods for people to get food. I still don't see where it is okay to remove food from my family, to give to others.

Like what? And dont you dare say "work" as we are talking disabled!

macman

And this retort is pathetic .
edit on 18-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

More platitude nonsense for stealing from me.

We are not talking about wars. Please stay on topic.

And yes, I will continue to state that since I am forced to pay taxes, I have every right to complain.

And my complaint, will stay within the topic on this thread. Not about wars, or what Walmart Owners have.

You not being able to address that, and going off on rants shows that you really have no solid founding for your stance.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

macman

My question still has yet to be answered.
Should the person on Govt Handouts be eating as my family does??

Since you are missing the obvious please allow me to help and answer your question.

No those on Govt money should not be able to eat as those that work for a living do.

They however do not deserve to be berated by someone who is lucky enough to have not found themselves in that position, yet.....

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

macman

Oh, so you believe that it is okay to take from my children's mouths, to provide for others.

How very, hypocritical of you.

If you dont care about other people then why should anyone care that food "stolen" from the mouth of your children?

Why bring you children into this as by your logic we should not care.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

edit on 18-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

My point is that if you want to be upset, you are being upset at the wrong things. My point was that the poor use a lot less of YOUR money than do your leaders. Those that you elected and those that you pay taxes to.

Somewhere is a number that shows the total budget graph for the USA. Public "handouts are so small that your anger would be best spent on the real problem.

link   

You want to pigeonhole me. It isn't going to happen.

The FORCED removal of money from what I worked for and earned is theft. Any which way you pitch it.
If this action were done outside of the Govt, the person stealing would be tried and convicted.

Only the Govt gets to do it under guise of "Providing for the sick and hungry".

There are many ways to get food outside of Govt assistance.
Your unwillingness to not seek that out, or display that it doesn't exist shows the attitude of people like you. Basically, if it doesn't come easy, you can't do it.

Personally, I give 10% of my income to charity. It is of my own free will and my choice.

link   

crazyewok
Coward!

You cant even bring your self to say it.

I'll say it!

I spend less on food, per week then the OP does, and I eat like a king 7 days a week. Okay, not really a king, but I haven't seen a hungry day since my childhood.

If you can't manage on $45/week, you are doing it wrong and deserve what you get, whether that results in death or not is of no concern of mine.

As for the Serendipity 3 Banana Split...so not worth it...wasn't even the best split I've ever had...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

So, I should basically shut up and sit down, while my money is stolen from my paycheck, to give to others.

The only reason to voice a concern, is when it affects YOUR stance. All others should be silent.

Got to love Progressives. It is always different for them.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

macman
which steals from me to provide for you.

You poor, poor thing...

Maybe one day, every bit of your life will be made better by the contributions of those who "stole" from you. I know, I know, "they" are all derelict, lazy, do-nothing, expendable parasites.

Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, you are angry at the wrong people?

There is a better way to manage a society. One that realizes the next big discovery in any arena could come from any economical bracket. By enabling everyone to have the capability to share their talents with the world, we would all benefit.

This type of comment falls in line with people saying that some around the world live on less, etc. etc. The issue is significantly more complex than that. In the "first world," even the trash is of higher value than the trash in poorer nations. There is also a difference in cost of living, etc. All of those things, sans internet, can literally be attained as "hand-me-downs." Could they be sold? Yes, but thats short-term thinking for a long-term problem.

The issue is culture specific, it can not be compared to other cultures. Though, there is a lot to be learned in basic living. It is an education that many are not even aware of, nor are they aware of the actual difficulties ascribed to implementing it.

For the future, just remember that some inventions coming down the line were done despite attitudes that exude "eff the less fortunate" and yet everyone will personally profit from them all the same. Everyone will be given access to the information and knowledge to live a better life. Because some have made the realization that the next big life-changing discovery can come from anywhere and by not utilizing "society" correctly, so many ideas have just gone to waste.

People complain, and yet, offer no solutions. Just remember, these inventions were created very specifically for those who some people never wished to help. Not with money, not with time, not with resources, and not even with peoples minds. But, instead of holding them all to "ourselves," the knowledge will be shared even with those who have, literally, made the exploration of the ideas as difficult as possible due to selfishness, greed, short-sighted attitudes, and so many buying into societal memes and programming.
edit on 18-11-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It shows the hypocrisy.
Because you have deemed me to make "enough", it is okay then to remove funds that pay for MY children to eat, to give to others.

You and others are hypocrites, plain and simple.

You champion the theft from me, to give to others. Because you have deemed it as "fair".

So, you really don't care about the children then either, as it negatively affects mine.

We go from the "Forgotten Man" now to the "Forgotten Child".

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I don't care about wars and such in this thread. You are deflecting.

The thread is not about other avenues of Govt spending.
But, let's play your game anyways. The Govt as a whole is out of control with spending.
That should satisfy your retort.

link   
reply to post by macman

I think your a bit mad..... I don't think angry mad, I think deluded mad. I truly hope for the sake of your family that you never find yourself needing help from others. Karma is a bitch buddy.

link   
reply to post by macman

Its not a fair question, a disabled person on government benefits don't have as many resources as most people working.

With income you can choose whether to spend more or not.

Should the government take benefits away from the poor and disabled to give to the most expensive military like they did last year?

Should the disabled and poor be cut off from any benefits?

You should absolutely hate Americas prison system where we feed, shower, shelter and then some criminals. All paid for by you the American Tax payer.

edit on 18-11-2013 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

macman

There are many ways to get food outside of Govt assistance.
Your unwillingness to not seek that out, or display that it doesn't exist shows the attitude of people like you. Basically, if it doesn't come easy, you can't do it.

And if you are sick and ill easy is what is needed. How can someone who is serverly ill or mentaly inept get the momey if they have to jump through hoops, they may as well work which they cant because of being ill in the first place.

Please tell me out side of begging and living on the streets is there?

macman

Personally, I give 10% of my income to charity. It is of my own free will and my choice.

Great! Problem is with charity help does not always go were needed. Most the money goes to childrens charitys or cancer care charitys, very few go to elderly care or mental heal charitys. Its very loop sided.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I buy skin on chicken breasts on sale for about $3 and cut them up with onion, carrots, broccoli =, rice and cream of mushroom soup to make a casserole. French fried onions and shredded cheddar go nicely on top.
I then boil the bones once the skin is removed to make soup with some more onion and carrots.
We get 8 meals from the casserole and another 6 from the soup.
Even with French fried onions and cheddar cheese it's still way less than 50 cents a meal.

Be creative with your leftovers, we always find something else we can add them to.
Start couponing too - I save 10 -20$ everytime I go to the store now.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Yeah, your faux enlightened statement has fallen on deaf ears.
And I never have said lazy or anything else. Like most Progressives, you want to put words into my statements, to justify your ideals and stance.

I simply stated that I have no financial obligation to provide for others, in regards to forced theft by the Govt.

But, I guess the only way someone can be taken care of, is of course by the Govt.

(post by Mamatus removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Making "soup" with bones is a fantastic way of getting all the nutrition out of what is there.

At least in many of the people I know that dont know much about cooking (I think the basics should be taught as core curriculum), they dont realize there is any nutrition whatsoever in the bones.

A lot of this stuff is available on the internet, which is wonderful. But, if one isnt even aware of it in the first place it can be hard to know where to look.

Thats why I suggested learning the basics of cooking. They are techniques that usually are derived from very, very old ways of living. A lot of people I know dont even know what a mirapoix or roux is, neither in name or concept.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join