It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living it up on the tax payers dime a weeks worth of food stamps

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Oh, so now you are defining words.

Now a tax write off is a handout.
It is amazing how people like you will redefine and backflip to make something fit your defense.

Oh, I am for a flat tax.....for everyone.......So, still want to continue with this?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

macman
reply to post by crazyewok

So, the "It's different" side of things come into play. Imagine that.

When it come to MEDICAL condition you bet!

Every medical condition id diffrent and it all affects people diffrently.

You cant give blanket statemnets

You makeing no sense and showing little to no logic now.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

No, because now you have basically stated that since there are varying medical situations, that now someone within the Govt will need to not only classify but dictate terms. So, now we have Govt panels again and Govt control.
I guess pointing out that this is the slippery slope many here talk about. But, I guess it will not mean much to you, because after all, being compassionate is what you are about. Thinking with your heart, instead of your mind.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

You keep blaming others and labeling others. You are using tea party tactics, you are claiming you are being stolen from, yet you provide no evidence. You attack others who don't share your short sided opinions.

Using your logic, if your family was the victim of a natural disaster you wouldn't expect, want, or need assistance from the government?

Your arguments show why your side has lost 5 or 6 elections, and the more you all speak election results will remain unchanged.

I would not wanna be your neighbor, if a neighbors house was to catch fire, would you help? would you at least call 9/11 or are you against the 9/11 government run program?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Maybe you should start learning to cook OP, I believe you wasted a fair chunk of your stamp.

However I know what it's like; After I left high school I was doing it rough, and I lived off 30 dollars a week for food. I had no idea how to cook, but I sure learned quickly when the money started running out.

With the money you spent on the soft drinks, olives, and sara lee, you could've had the ingredients for a cheap and easy stew that would've lasted for days. Spaghetti Bolognese is cheap and easy to make as well, and plenty of online sources have recipes catered for a low budget, maybe you should check them out.

And some of the other members have posted some great recipes as well, I may have to steal them...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Doodle19815

We waited until we absolutely needed help

Why would you do that?

My God, you Americans really had a number done on you.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

macman

No, because now you have basically stated that since there are varying medical situations, that now someone within the Govt will need to not only classify but dictate terms. So, now we have Govt panels again and Govt control.
I guess pointing out that this is the slippery slope many here talk about. But, I guess it will not mean much to you, because after all, being compassionate is what you are about. Thinking with your heart, instead of your mind.

Or just let doctors classify? Leave who go on and who doesnt to the ones that DO know what they are talking about.

Im not for a HUGE goverment but there always needs to be SOME goverment thats provides SOME services or you get Somalia.

And someone needs to be compassionate or you will get a socity that allows people to die when they dont need too.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Id rather have people eating food than getting sick and spreading disease and getting sick running up crazy bills. i dont get this war on the poor I see by republicans, its most illogical. While sure it saves money, anything saves money to be honest, how about turning out the lights and using candles tryhards.

But seriously its illogical because i dont want starving people freaking out on me attacking me or anything like that I dont want to be getting robbed everytime I leave the house or held up by highway bandits just going to starbucks because they need money for food.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

tigpoppa
Id rather have people eating food than getting sick

Agreed. It boggles the mind to see how some of the posters in here keep on defending a system in which decency is quickly disappearing again.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

crazyewok
be aware that depending on what drug he is on, his dossage and side effects the treatment Schizophrenia may be limiting his mental skills and abilitly to learn and cook, his shoping may just be done on the few lucid episodes he has.

I get that. And I fully get 'having bad days'. Like I said, without medication for my autoimmune and neurological diseases, I couldn't get out of bed. Hell ... if I couldn't have the meds I'd just jump off the Ben Franklin Bridge and be done with it. (which would make some of the posters here very happy I'm sure) I have PROFOUND autoimmune fatigue and at times it's all I can do to get my lungs moving to breath. And that's not an exaggeration.

There are days I can go grocery shopping and walk the dog. And there are days when getting out of bed to use the bathroom are a chore for my lungs. So I get it. I DO GET IT. This fella is well enough to do his own shopping. That means he's well enough to be able to boil water or to make a sandwich or get a bowl of cereal.

People who need help should get it. But at the same time, the people getting help shouldn't waste it. When I look at pie and soda I see probably $10.00 spent on sugar (which makes diseases WORSE). My advice (which he'll get because he made this public on a chat forum) was to dump the sugar and spend that $10.00 on two packages of chicken thighs or on generic bags of cereal at target/walmart or generic bags of rice.

As for cutting off aid to those in need. I'm NOT in favor of that. I'd much rather have the so called 'foreign aid' that goes overseas (which never gets to people in need), instead go to free breakfast and lunch for ALL students in schools here in the USA. That way it's controlled so the adults don't abuse the money like happens so much ... and innocent children will have good meals in their stomachs so they can learn. That would not only help with the poverty issue but it would help with them actually being able to learn something .. children can't learn on empty stomachs and their situation isn't their fault.

LIfe sucks and then you die. People get aid and I support that. But at the same time, they have to learn how to make that aid stretch as far as they can. That's what I have to do with our budget. And he just has to do the same. That's not 'evil' or 'heartless' or 'insensitive' or 'disgusting' as some childish comments have said ... it's just the way life is.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I can't afford meat anymore, I don't eat it, but my husband does, I have a lot of old-timer recipes that we used to get by on but now even that is expensive, the only good thing about those budget meals was they stretch and you can eat them for two to three days, a pot of stew or homemade chicken noodle soup, nothing is cheap anymore, used to be $hit on the shingle was cheap, but not now with the price of milk, if you learn how to make your own egg noodles, its not hard, big pot of chilli, you can make spaghetti stretch two days..Mom used to make us stewed tomato gravy on toast,its good actually.

and back in the day many had gardens.

Boiling One chicken can make chicken salad, chicken soup with homemade noodles, chicken a la king

A roast can last a few meals, roast one day,left overs can be barbeque the next day, or soup,

Or I will make lasagna it will last a good two days with some left over to freeze, freeze your leftovers.

I will try to think of some others
edit on 093030p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

To be honnest I agree with you in principle and yes shopping smarter is always a good thing. And at the end of the day your alot more compasiante than some on here.......

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Lately i have been mostly using hamburger, one large family size, makes spaghetti, a pizza, hamburgers, horseshoes, that's four days right there.
You could make meatballs, a meatloaf, keep on hand sauces, there are cans of seasoned sauce that are still only a dollar a can and it can be used for two meals.
we only eat supper.

I may have toast for breakfast, and for lunch it is usually left overs.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by FlyersFan

To be honnest I agree with you in principle and yes shopping smarter is always a good thing. And at the end of the day your alot more compasiante than some on here.......

But that's a bit of a false dichotomy: that someone who objects to forced redistribution of wealth and government mandated and managed charity must be uncompassionate. Who is more selfish? One who wants to keep what he earned to take care of his family or someone who wants to take from him what he earned and use it to take care of someone else's family?

Objecting to large government handout programs does not make one uncompassionate nor selfish.

Objecting to one government handout program is not endorsement of other government programs. One can object to individual welfare in one thread and corporate welfare in another.
edit on 19-11-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I must say this thread has helped me quite a bit. I really am ashamed to say that I would not be able to live on $45 a week for groceries. I am just not that savvy. But there have been so many great ideas in this thread that I am going to try to do it or at least cut back as much as possible on my grocery bill.

I can feel for the OP, like I said, I couldn’t make $45/week last. But at least he got some great ideas that will hopefully help him stretch it a little farther.

Quite a few inventive people on here, hats off and respect to all you that are making it on so little.

Thanks,
Blend57

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

The proof is the removal of funds from my paycheck.
Are you honestly pushing the old internet debating tactic of "Pictures, or it didn't happen"?

And what side am I on exactly???
It is kind of hard to loose an election, when you bribe the masses with free stuff.
Also, kind of hard to win the Rep side of the vote, when the GOP puts up RINOs.

So..........

And I never stated I was not for helping others. Again, another attempt to redefine my statements to fit your narrative.

As for being my neighbor?? Sentiment is the same. I don't want to live next to someone that relies solely on the Govt to provide them stuff and false securities in life. Let alone someone that justifies stealing from me, to provide for yourself.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

So, the Govt gets to pick the doctors. Same deal, different name.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

macman

Well not really, why cant any qulified speclist be allowed to make the descion? You go to your doctor you get a note and send it off with a form? You get the help. And any doctor caught fiddling the system gets struck off and thrown in jail.
Anyway I dont see you comeing up with a better Idea?

And cutting them off and telling them to go to hell is not a idea at least not one in a civilised society anyway.

So unless a better system comes along your stuck with it. HA

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

macman

Well not really, why cant any qulified speclist be allowed to make the descion? You go to your doctor you get a note and send it off with a form? You get the help. And any doctor caught fiddling the system gets struck off and thrown in jail.
Anyway I dont see you comeing up with a better Idea?

And cutting them off and telling them to go to hell is not a idea at least not one in a civilised society anyway.

So unless a better system comes along your stuck with it. HA

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
DP

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join