It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attackers in Mexico blow up nine electrical plants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Mexico claims it just took down the lead of the Zetas (Anon source.) so… perhaps more violence is in store? Although, Calderon's legacy is 70,000 deaths during his administration, the new one seems to be going back to the days of old, supporting key players who keep the peace.

Maybe it is still in the transition period.

70k people dead eh… one administration. Gun running from the neighbours up North the whole time, how is that whole drug war thing going again? We win yet?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I appreciated the sarcasm about American grenades. It looks like its not being so well received though, maybe even the makings of a brand new conspiracy? S&F.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

onthedownlow

I appreciated the sarcasm about American grenades. It looks like its not being so well received though, maybe even the makings of a brand new conspiracy? S&F.

Not a new idea....

October 14, 2011

There's a new twist in the government's "gunwalking" scandal involving an even more dangerous weapon: grenades.

"Gunwalking" subpoena for AG Holder imminent

CBS News investigative correspondent Sharyl Attkisson, who has reported on this story from the beginning, said on "The Early Show" that the investigation into the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)'s so-called "Fast and Furious" operation branches out to a case involving grenades. Sources tell her a suspect was left to traffic and manufacture them for Mexican drug cartels.

Police say Jean Baptiste Kingery, a U.S. citizen, was a veritable grenade machine. He's accused of smuggling parts for as many as 2,000 grenades into Mexico for killer drug cartels -- sometimes under the direct watch of U.S. law enforcement.

"Grenade-walking" part of "Gunwalker" scandal

Published October 22, 2013

In a case that is prompting comparisons to the botched Operation Fast and Furious, police believe explosives found at a murder scene in Mexico may have come from an American bomb-maker whom the U.S. attorney in Arizona refused to prosecute.

According to an internal U.S. Department of Justice memo, a "Kingery grenade" was among the 10 explosives found at the scene of a shootout between police and drug cartels in Guadalajara on Oct. 10 in which three officers were killed.

The "Kingery grenade" refers to those manufactured by Jean Baptiste Kingery, a California resident who made grenades in Mexico from parts sourced in the U.S. He also converted AK-47s from semi- to fully-automatic weapons.

ATF agents arrested Kingery in 2010, but the assistant U.S. attorney in Arizona at the time, Emory Hurley, referred to the grenades as harmless toys and told the ATF the case "lacked jury appeal," according to the ATF supervisor in charge, Pete Forcelli. Forcelli had handled the case until the U.S. attorney declined to prosecute.

DOJ faces questions over grenade linked to US smuggler, murder in Mexico

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
In the OPs article there is link to another story about the same place and the competition for power ongoing in the region.

This was July of this year.

Times

I don't believe any of the main street propaganda about this.

This was notable though at the bottom of the article:

We will not let them violate the security, the property and the lives of the citizens,” Osorio Chong said during a news conference in the border city of Matamoros, where he had met with U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano to discuss border security issues.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This is certainly disturbing as I work in/on/around power plants in mexico.

We have security detail during our time scheduled there. Typically any cartel activity is closely monitored by our security group. They have on multiple occasions rushed us out of an area for security reasons. To my knowledge the cartels typically do not target the power companies for obvious reasons. Crippling essentially their own infrastructure would be a stupid move.

What I would like to know personally is if the sites hit were substations or power plants. This makes a significant difference as substations are typically just outside of populated areas. Where-as, PLEASE NOTE in mexico MOST power plants are typically 15-45km from a populated area, power is then transferred through(you guessed it) power lines to a substation closer to the populace and this is not a general rule just an observation.

I have not been to the affected state where the attacks took place but, there are obviously power plants throughout mexico all of which are vulnerable.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
edit: no one cares
edit on 28-10-2013 by TucoTheRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Dude, Mexico has a Masonic history just a rich as most any other country. The only difference is in Mexico they are considered clandestine, meaning they are not recognized by any lodge that has ties to the Great Lodge of England.

But down here in Mexico they are as old as the soil, dating back to the Aztecs. Are they Freemasons? Who knows? But a tight nit group you can bet and everything in Mexico has a strong family behind it.

The Rat.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
sounds like the neighboring electricity providers entered into aggressive negotiations with their competition too create some artificial scarcity

edit on 28-10-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
edit on 28-10-2013 by TucoTheRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Edit: don't mind me, think what you want.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
don't mind me...carry on folks

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I was shocked when I read "power plants" in the blurb, so had to continue to read the thread, until I found out what was really done. An electrical substation is NOT a power plant.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

So a video of someone firing on a peaceful protest over the Knights Templars and other cartels tactics has shown up on the internet. Apparently it is all tied to this...

Guardian

The escalating conflict between self-defence groups from the western Mexican state of Michoacán and the Knights Templar drug cartel triggered a shootout in the centre of a major city and attacks on power stations leaving hundreds of thousands without electricity over the weekend. The clashes were sparked on Saturday when self-defence groups formed in several outlying towns in the Tierra Caliente, or Hot Lands, region marched on Apatzingán, the biggest city in the area and a key bastion of the cartel. The groups said they were marching because residents had asked for their support to set up a vigilante organisation to protect them from the extortion rackets, kidnappings and extreme violence meted out by the cartel, which acts as a de facto local government across much of the region. The protesters were stopped by the military at the entrance to Apatzingán, asked to leave their weapons behind and proceed unarmed, but promised protection.

Anyway @rat, i get all that. I just find it amusing that in the modern age and with all the focus on conspiracy theories that you still have a group walking around anywhere in the world using that name an doing what they do. Sort of makes me wonder what "powers" they possess.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
No cold beer???

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I'm kind of shocked at the messages. As if the USA is the only force on the whole of planet earth that has weapons or that is involved in other countries? As if everything the cartel lords do in Mexico or South America is automatically the CIA? Geez, I'm cynical about my government, but the wild jump to conclusions with zero evidence is really extreme here.

The cartels want to leverage the Mexican government into doing what they demand. If they don't, the cartels can do whatever makes their point of "we can hurt you if you don't." No point in just shooting politicians, new ones come along. No point in blowing up people, too few sources of importance/power care about the peons (though tourists some of whom can bring ransoms are convenient). But blow up the infrastructure and everyone is going to know who is really in power locally.

Mexico has the ultimate version of war-via-corporatism going on. There are only a few 'corporations' -- the cartels. Their government is in a genuine 24/7 war with them, which is problematic since the police force seems to be divided between those sources, making it a pretty miserable situation for the real-world people on the ground.

Good for the locals and their defense groups.

I don't know what stupid evil crap our gov't might have done in the past, probably for the sake of making mega cash under the table for use on black/transparent ops. But at some point they are either going to have to pony up and bother fighting a war in Mexico rather than the middle east, or win it via the Cartels and then take them over which might be the alternative plan (horrible plan, but possible). Either way, the situations down there are getting bigger and eventually are going to go nova, which is likely to affect us too, at least a little.
edit on 29-10-2013 by RedCairo because: clarity

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Thorneblood

Anyway @rat, i get all that. I just find it amusing that in the modern age and with all the focus on conspiracy theories that you still have a group walking around anywhere in the world using that name an doing what they do. Sort of makes me wonder what "powers" they possess.

It's interesting that you say that.

You see there are two sides to every coin. Where you have secret societies trying to subdue, you will find secret societies trying to maintain what is theirs. A cartel coined the knights Templar is no different and a group called the Ku Klex klan it's just a name. But when you see names like that you know they are a close nit organisation.

I in no way support groups like these but that fact that there is any group who fights for what they think is theirs shows the level of tyranny of that place or region. And there are many different levels of tyranny.

All of this has to do with a big plan, Canada is bought and paid for, the USA sold down the river 30 years ago, Mexico is the problem, a real problem to this plan. Always has been, always will be. Two sides to a coin.

The Rat.
edit on 29-10-2013 by TucoTheRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I wonder if anyone involved watched that special on sunday, i think it was on the discovery channel about what would happen if a cyber attack took out our power grid. It went on to show all the panic and chaos having no power for a long time would cause in the u.s.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

BO XIAN

imho . . .

this HAS to be an NWO globalist ordered series of attacks . . .

to punctuate their National Geo special tonight on the collapse of the power grid.

HAS to be.

The evil doers would not have been allowed to get away with that much unless the puppet masters WANTED IT TO HAPPEN.

The PTB exercise too much of their !CONTROL! freak tendencies for it to be otherwise, imho.

This is what I believe. And poor people, having their precious food and water dry up just like that, put through misery unending by the actions of TPTB and those thugs/jakyls. And the gas stations too.

But they obviously work for Darth Vader.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

gardener
America used to give them guns.

Now they give em explosives?

The long and short of it is, US stages terror globally, so it most likely staged this one, too!

This post has no factual basis. When did we give mexico "Molotov cocktails"? i'm pretty sure you can make these yourself, not to mention that mexico has no shortage of liquor already.

In fact this post is clearly designed to insight non-factual speculation. In no way does it serve any benefit to a constructive conversation. Classic troll comment.
edit on 29-10-2013 by EnoughAlready10 because: annoyed at off-topic posting that serves no purpose what so ever.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Your Avatar is the best pic on here to date. LOL.

Cartel capos have been moving into neighborhoods near everyone!!

When I serve their family at the restaurant they tip $5 on a $100 meal. They use $100 bills ONLY.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join