It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The majority thinks Christians are judgemental and stupid

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

You first windy. Tell us about the hocus pocus man!

And hay, I always wanted to go over Niagara Falls in one of those reinforced barrels.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Logarock

You first windy. Tell us about the hocus pocus man!

And hay, I always wanted to go over Niagara Falls in one of those reinforced barrels.

I'm not the one that converted to a religion based on my spiritual experience. I'm asking a sincere question. Does a visitation from Jesus mean the Bible stories are true? Does Jesus, in spiritual form, claim to be "God".

But, since you asked so nicely, here's an excerpt from a post of mine.

In a quite moment, while alone with my admiration of a sunset on a Maui beach, I heard it, the "voice of God". It was more familiar than the sound of crashing waves, and more familiar that my own heart beat. As I tried to examine it, and listen to exactly what it was saying, it faded. In anguish, I called to it not to leave. That's when the voice told me, in no uncertain terms, "I'm not the one leaving, you are."

I've never needed Jesus to meet God. Even "God" never asked to be worshiped.

edit on 25-10-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I never understood how these people who have been "visited" by Jesus in a vision cane be so sure it wasn't the devil tricking them.

I hear it all the time, people who have had visions not pertaining to Christian faith were visited by demons, but the ones that did pertain to Christianity were from god himself.

Haven't they read that even Satan masquerades as an angel of light and that false messengers would come in Jesus' name? It's all in the book they claim to believe in, yet they ignore it.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I get that all the time! If I relate a spiritual experience or memory from a past life, I'm deluded, possibly by demons, but I'm supposed to except ALL Christian themed experiences, like that nutter Congressional stenographer who says that she was moved by the "Holy Spirit" to make an a$$ of herself, as true revelations from the "one and only true God" the god of the Bible!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

windword

I get that all the time! If I relate a spiritual experience or memory from a past life, I'm deluded, possibly by demons, but I'm supposed to except ALL Christian themed experiences, like that nutter Congressional stenographer who says that she was moved by the "Holy Spirit" to make an a$$ of herself, as true revelations from the "one and only true God" the god of the Bible!

might help to consider there's more than one god in the bible. jesus also revealed that we are gods.
what's that mean? interesting, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n
@lonegunman .''If Christians had control of the western world .....'' 'You seem to have forgotten that until a few decades ago, christians DID have control. That was before they decided to throw it away in order to make room for laws allowing people to insult God and His messengers, under the guise of 'free speech''...... .They redefined marriage by allowing homosexuals to marry and empowered them to parade and display their sin in public... They let them allow gays to adopt children, redefining the institution of famiy. Christians who question all this are termed as 'haters'' and ''bigots''. Of course, its only ok to hate traditional family and marriage. With family and marriage redefined, it becomes completely okay to disregard the life of the unborn, which in turn was redefined as not being human. . Mysterious unelected powers have manipulated people, even christians, into accepting godlessness, homosexuality,abortion as signs of ''progress''.. Even christians have given up on their own faith - by doubting and insulting Biblical prophets and figures.... And picking only the parts that they like. Some even deny the virgin birth of Jesus. In conclusion - Christianity is in deep trouble, and christians themselves are to blame.
edit on 25-10-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

And above my words would be pretty well the number one reason why people dislike Christians. They have forgotten to LIVE AND LET LIVE. Quite simply, if you don't want to gay and get married, then don't. If you don't want to have an abortion, then don't. If you like traditional marriage, then by all means, get married. But why oh why do you bother foisting this upon the rest of the world?

No other religion does this as much and as annoyingly as Christianity. I don't think that many good things about any religion. But at least the other religions don't try to constantly ram down the throat of humanity how right they are and how wrong everyone else is. They THINK it! But they don't go around saying it constantly. And the fact is, most of us think we're right and that others are wrong, otherwise, we wouldn't think we were right.

But part of adulthood and common respect for others is to accept that not everyone believes as you do, a fact Christians seem to get wrong over and over and over again. No one is denying Christians anything, they are free to do as they choose. But what do they do with that freedom? Judge everyone else loudly. Expect to be disliked!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

I never understood how these people who have been "visited" by Jesus in a vision cane be so sure it wasn't the devil tricking them.

I hear it all the time, people who have had visions not pertaining to Christian faith were visited by demons, but the ones that did pertain to Christianity were from god himself.

Haven't they read that even Satan masquerades as an angel of light and that false messengers would come in Jesus' name? It's all in the book they claim to believe in, yet they ignore it.

Another thing they do that drives me nuts is: they all tell everyone that there is an afterlife, there is another kingdom! We survive this life. BUT when presented with any evidence or experiential accounts by anyone, they reject it, "No, that's not possible, you hallucinated it or demons have your soul." ONLY through the church can you have any of this experience, but if you have it by yourself, it's wrong.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I did not write that someone else did. How did you get that mixed up with me? lol

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

Because it was not just "seeing Christ" Yeshua came into my heart. until it happens you cannot understand what its like. How do I explain what color looks like to a blind man?

Red: it looks warm, makes you excited.

Green: its soothing and cool.

Hmm...doesn't seem to work very well now does it.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

It is about acknowledging we are all sinners. It is the workings of the cross. It is knowing that no matter what given the right circumstances you will sin. Once you admit it you can also strive towards perfection even though you know you cannot get there.

I did not assume you were atheist, I assumed you were new age. Just like I used to be.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

It is about acknowledging we are all sinners.

How is it that we're all sinners?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

But if your faith is proven wrong, as you said it would be, then what does any of that matter? That's what I'm saying, you're not addressing my point. Why would you continue to believe in something if it were proven to be wrong? If it is wrong it is wrong. You may as well believe 2+2=78.

The existence of God was not the issue, so it's strange that you brought it up. Why would you assume I was new age?
edit on 25-10-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Here's the problem...

I've seen several comments about the hatred and zealous atrocities committed by "Christians" in the past....I've also seen a few comments that mention people like the ideologies of Christ but don't like "Christians" as individuals because of their typical narrow-mindedness and demeaning attitudes...

Well let me put it this way...

The whole thing is not at ALL,in any way shape or form, about organised religion....Man has taken the gospel and made it his own thing...We've organised all these neat little teachings into neat little folders and they've no become TRADITIONS OF MEN.

If you really put it into perspective, Jesus had remarkable things to say to the organised "religious" folk of his time. They got so caught up in doctrines and traditions that they COMPLETELY MISSED THE WHOLE MESSAGE. Jesus' teachings show us how to be citizens and followers and servants...they teach us how to act properly and holy...He teaches us what not to do and what TO do and how to do it....

What we have to realize here is the motivation behind it all....When you really start to think about things in terms of motivation you can begin to understand how and why some of these awful events took place. Man is by nature a savage...We do some really awful things...but at the same time we can do some really touching and heart warming things as well....

I think we've all heard the saying "Actions speak louder than words" or a parallel..."You shall know them by their fruits"...
We have to stop looking at the label that someone proclaims and start looking towards their actions, towards their heart and motivation...THIS is what really defines Christianity...Christianity isn't about what synagogue or church you go to, or who you hang out with or what label you slapped on your forehead...It's about your heart, motivation and core beliefs.

If you want to see real Christianity without the doctrines of men and all the ridiculous things that are flying through the windows these days...Go get a bible and rip out the OT....It's not that it's not important because it is, but it's the LAW and it was fulfilled in Christ....It will really muddy your mind if you're not ready and willing to understand it through the guidance of the Holy Spirit....but take that NT and read it carefully...Do what it says...Focus on Jesus....just let these organised groupies do what they will...if they knew Christ they'd know the Truth....we'd all be on the same page....but since they don't they bicker and argue over what THEY think is right instead of going to the inspired WORD OF GOD for the truth....

These people that go to church on Sunday and scream Hallelujah and take communion and do all this nonsense but then drive by someone on the Interstate that's broken down without stopping to help...those aren't christians .....sorry but they aren't...You think Jesus would just drive on by?

A2D
(sorry for the rant)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

arpgme

Hypocrite. You ask people not to judge you, yet you judge new age people and magic workers as being lower than yourself (Jesus believer).

When did I judge new age people and magick workers? I was at one time very good at magick workings and shamanism. I was one of the best cardamancy (Tarot) readers in Michigan. My store was famous and loved by people from many miles around. I taught Tarot and magick workings. I do not judge what I once was. I am not your everyday Christian, my background is very intense in alternate spiritual teachings.

I have walked the crooked path, the left hand path and fell into a very dark world. I was a wiccan magnet, they all wanted advise and approval because I was a guru.

I know them. I was them.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

windword

It is about acknowledging we are all sinners.

How is it that we're all sinners?

Windword, you ever had to teach a kid how to lie?

A2D

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

1 John 3
9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Christians believe that they cannot avoid sinning. That belief means that they have not been born of God according to the bible.

The problem with the doctrine of original sin is that it makes people who believe in it see sinning as normal and unavoidable. If it is unavoidable and normal, why try to avoid it at all? They can sin all they want, they have Jesus to forgive them anyways.

We see where this train of thought has gotten us so far.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

1 John 3
9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Christians believe that they cannot avoid sinning. That belief means that they have not been born of God according to the bible.

The problem with the doctrine of original sin is that it makes people who believe in it see sinning as normal and unavoidable. If it is unavoidable and normal, why try to avoid it at all? They can sin all they want, they have Jesus to forgive them anyways.

We see where this train of thought has gotten us so far.

Keywords to look at :"continue", "go on"...

No one who is born of God will continue to sin....That does not say "No one who is born of God will sin"...it says CONTINUE TO sin...that means you commit one sin, you repent, you turn from it, you DONT DO IT ANYMORE...DONT CONTINUE TO DO IT, DON'T LIVE IN SIN...It's not contrary to christian theology at all...

Same with the rest of the passage..."go on sinning" means they cannot KEEP DOING IT...You may sin once, but then you immediately turn from it, don't live in it, don't dwell in it....RUN FROM IT.

A2D

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

And above my words would be pretty well the number one reason why people dislike Christians. They have forgotten to LIVE AND LET LIVE. Quite simply, if you don't want to gay and get married, then don't. If you don't want to have an abortion, then don't. If you like traditional marriage, then by all means, get married. But why oh why do you bother foisting this upon the rest of the world?

Live and let live...we do for the most part. Some do not its the way of man.

I would like to try and enlighten you a bit about the abortion issue.

We really feel its murder. We believe the soul enters the body at the moment of conception.

If you felt that way could you live and let live? What kind of person would you be? Look at how insane this world is...lets extrapolate that. Lets say one day it all gets so crazy murder seems ok by the majority, could you live and let live?

I do not want this to derail into an abortion debate. We believe its murder, how does one live with it and not say something?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

You're twisting the meaning of the verses.

John says that when you are born of God, you cannot go on sinning, you cannot continue to sin, meaning once you are "born again", you no longer sin because you do not have it in you to sin. It says nothing about sinning and then repenting of it, it says everything about being unable to continue sinning from the moment you are born of God onward.

It most definitely does go against common Christian theology and doctrine, you just can't or refuse to see it.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Your handle is spelled out in internet speak, your handle claims you are enlightened, only fresh new age people do that I know from experience an enlightened person does not have ego. You claim to not have religion but believe in something. This is the basis for new age doctrine.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join