It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The majority thinks Christians are judgemental and stupid

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

God has proved to me He exists and continues to show His majesty and presence. I requested with a sincere humble heart and it nearly cost me my life and eternal soul. Maybe, you won't have to undergo such extreme circumstances, but He does reveal Himself to people all the time... also signs and wonders... it is all out there. Once your eyes are open, you begin to see Him and his work everywhere. Takes a humble, sincere, and contrite heart. The adversary wants you to stay blind and in the dark, as you are more vulnerable there. God does exist. I may lack absolute truth of what this all means, but there is perfect truth in that Jesus Christ is Lord, Savior, and Son of God. Keep your eyes, mind, and heart open. I pray you get to know Him as many others do.

Those who desire and choose to remain blind have the freedom to live that way. As for me, I am so thankful each day, I get to feel the presence of God with me and am more than fortunate to receive the many blessings He bestows. Much love for all.

Golden
edit on 25-10-2013 by GoldenVoyager because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenVoyager

Reminds me of an urban Koan...

When I was 11 years of age I wanted a motor scooter so I wouldn't have to walk the 4 miles to school. I prayed and prayed to God for a motor scooter but he never answered my prayers.

So I stole a motor scooter and asked God for forgiveness.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

LoneGunMan
reply to post by Artlogic

I am sorry you feel you need to be so hateful. Why? I never said anything to warrant such a belittling post as that. I am just a person trying to get along in a terrible world, just like you. I have feelings and do not need to receive such hate and belittlement.

May you find love in your heart for those you do not like. I love you, I used to be just like you. I hope you find something beautiful like I have to get you through this place.

I don't hate you, I pity you, you have lost your way, not found it....you don't need the greed, violence and lies that form the abrahamic cults to be a good person or to "get along" in this world. That strength my friend is in YOU, not in the fictional tales held within the outlandish violent nonsense spewed forth in the bible. Leave the fairy tales behind where they belong, religion I have always said, will be the death of us all....

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

GoldenVoyager
reply to post by Krazysh0t

God has proved to me He exists and continues to show His majesty and presence. I requested with a sincere humble heart and it nearly cost me my life and eternal soul. Maybe, you won't have to undergo such extreme circumstances, but He does reveal Himself to people all the time... also signs and wonders... it is all out there. Once your eyes are open, you begin to see Him and his work everywhere. Takes a humble, sincere, and contrite heart. The adversary wants you to stay blind and in the dark, as you are more vulnerable there.

Very well said.

Reminds me of a portion of my path in life.

At one time I owned a metaphysical book and gift store. I specialized in every alternative spiritual belief you can imagine. I taught classes on it with many eastern practices. I began to get results from things I was doing on my own...things better left alone.

One day I had a client come into my store and wanted her deceased mothers ashes put into these vials with necklaces so the family could each have part of mom with them at all times. I did this for her, I am very sensitive to things and I protected myself with spiritually so I would not have the deceased energy touching me. A piece of bone got stuck in the bottom of the funnel I was using and I started conversation with the woman so she would not notice the grim task of getting that bone fragment free so her moms ashes wold start flowing into the vial. It broke loose while my concentration was on the woman and the ashes flowed over my fingers. I did not think much of it at the time, I was a volunteer Firefighter and had dealt with much more grim situations before.

That night as I drifted off to sleep it felt like I slipped sideways...into another place. All the angles were wrong and it felt like this terrible desolate place. I bolted upright in a panic, I felt like I was going to be there forever. I could not get back to sleep. This happened every night for about a month. My wife reminded me about the ashes situation and it connected somehow to these events that were happening to me. Whatever the idea of hell is was that place. I do believe my soul was in mortal danger, but I still would not buy into the damnation to hell, or anything to do with Christianity. This was years before I had become born again.

I have been there, something that feels almost like how H.P. Lovecraft articulated the dimensions of "the old ones". I truly believe the road to damnation and salvation are separated but by direction of travel. You can go to higher loving plains of existence or you can travel to lower plains of existence. At that time I do believe If I stayed on the path I was on I was going to the darker places that can be infinite in depth and scope.

We all need to be careful in ours choosing what path we take. It always starts with good intentions. I always believed if my heart was in the right place, the dark arts were ok..."an it harm none do what thou wilt" is not true.
edit on 25-10-2013 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What about your experience makes Jesus and the bible seem real? You saw a white light and had an epiphany, how does that make Adam and Eve and all those stories passed down and changed constantly from generation to generation any more valid?

Why do you choose to believe your individual experience is that of christianity rather than muslim, Buddhism, or one of the other religions that have even more followers behind them than christianity?
Or even something else entirely?

Why cant a god be a possibility without selling yourself to the idea of a superhero man who died for your sins and came back from the dead 6000 years ago when tyrants ruled the earth and sought to control everyone through deceiving information?

If you have seen god has he specifically told you the bibile is truth? Or have you experienced a divine presence and chosen to follow a book written by man?

How does not believing in christianity make it hard to believe the world is full of evil?

edit on 25-10-2013 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

You do not know me so how can you pity me?

I don't pity you...and I have been where you are now. Keep on truckin you may find your path in the end is not what you thought. I have done it all, read it all and seen it all. I have helped put people back together in car accidents, had others die in my arms. Seen the lost looks o people face after losing everything to a structure fire (done that well over 30 time) I have wept at heartbreak hill I don't know how many times. I have had real world experiences that would shake up the most stalwart of men.

You need to have a bit more experience in the world before you judge who I am or what leads me to where I am going.

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

Ask me when you have all your facts straight. Study the worlds religions like I have and you will not make so many fundamental mistakes like you just made in your post.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Tusks
That's because anti-Christians control Education, MSM, and Hollywood--thereby effecting opinions.

In addition, they hire tele-evangelists who are judgmental and foolish and frequently are shysters.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

Not many actually see the core problem here. Not even us christians.

Adam and Eve fail in the Garden of Eden because they didnt fallow Gods Law/Word.

The Law is the core of all religions. Even the christian faith. But today not even the christians are allowed to fallow Gods Law.
We are also fighting other religions because Our present democratic laws dont allow other religions to practice the laws set by their Gods.

We are not being tricked. We are being forced to fallow our own man made laws. Break them and you pay. If you break Gods Law nothing will happend until judgment day.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Even if a few of my statements werent "accurate", you are clearly dodging the obvious questions, such as what about seeing a bright light and having an epiphany makes you believe in christanity over any other religion or a god which man does not know?
edit on 25-10-2013 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Can you explain more about the circumstances regarding the encounter with Jesus?

I'm always slightly skeptical about these sorts of visions, because they can often happen in conjunction with sleep paralysis or a false awakening. Were you in bed or reclined on a couch for example, when the encounter happened? If not, the encounter is much more compelling because sleep states can be ruled out.

Edit: I see from a previous post you've explained that already. Interesting. Please ignore the question

edit on 25-10-2013 by thoiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Yes. I blame you for not talking about

the jerks as jerks

and for labeling everyone (EXTRINSICS AS WELL AS INTRINSICS) with one blackwashing brushstroke.

You'd scream to high heaven about how unfair, unreasonable. irrational, abusive etc. etc. etc. yada yada yada . . . it was . . . if we did that with your favorite primary reference groups!

edit on 25/10/2013 by BO XIAN because: added word

edit on 25/10/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by kaylaluv

You know there are gay Christians don't you?

SHH! Don't burst the bubble.

edit on 25-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

So it has only happened this one time?

How often do you experience this, once a week? Several times a year? Only on the forum?

How would you like a Christian to respond on christian topic of couse they will use scriptures.

Do you consider all use of scripture pious?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

LoneGunMan
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Proven wrong by what/who? That is the question you did not ask yourself.

The two most influential men in science, probably two of the greatest minds of all time believe in God. Sir Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein believed in God.

This is foretold in prophesy, what will separate wheat from the chaff will be faith.

Lots of people believe in God, even myself, I have no doubt in my mind God exists. I assume you assumed I was an atheist just because I don't prescribe to your particular faith? That's pretty ignorant, no offense.

Whether God exists or not is not what I was addressing though. What I was addressing was your statement that your particular brand of faith (that of Yahweh being Jesus) will be proven wrong. If it is proven wrong, it is wrong by definition. You didn't specify by whom either, so I assumed you meant proven wrong without a doubt.

Why would you tell people to have faith in something that is proven to be wrong? That seems kind of backward don't you think? Does God want you to have faith in something that is wrong? Sounds more like Satan's MO to me.
edit on 25-10-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Hypocrite. You ask people not to judge you, yet you judge new age people and magic workers as being lower than yourself (Jesus believer).

If you truly loved your enemy then you would be kind, not talk crap.

By the way, if Jesus said love your enemy, then you should also love Satan (all beings you consider "evil").

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Truth is. There are currently no "Christians" living on the Earth. The only "Christian" ever was Jesus. The spirit of Christ chose him because of his morals and his life's work. (Not carpentry)

The saddest part..and you see it from Churches to Street Corners is that these people, are convincing you to become part of a "religion".
Fair enough, yet what do they not realize about their own teachings? That (And I know many will claim that they have been) not only are the blasphemous but they seem to go against what Christ himself said and about what the Bible tells us in regards to not only False Prophets but the Anti-Christ.

1 John 4:1-6 ESV

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. ...

2 Peter 2:1

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

2 John 1:7 - For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

I plan on getting ripped for this but here's a sample of my wisdom and attempts at understanding, since having come into contact with and felt the power of the Christ a little over 2.5 years ago.

Anyone in this "world" who lays claim.. to be anything.. other than who they are (and not beyond what they PERSONALLY believe in) is lying. There are no Muslims. There are no Christians. There are no Jews. (as we have come to know it) There are none of these and quite literally never have been outside of the minds of men. You are.. simply in the Kingdom. A Israelite or a Gentile. (Calling someone Hebrew is different-the term Jew was not around at that time)

You are either chosen (from birth.. meaning that you have the law of God and the Golden Rule written on your heart and already KNOW how to behave) or you are a Gentile that is disconnected from the word based on past transgressions but who can come into the light..so to speak. If they so choose.
Both can be rewarded and both can be punished.
When you see people lecturing (there are a few real disciples out there) it is often so hard to understand their message. In trying to convert people do they think they ARE Christ? Or do they believe that Christ is working through them? Realistically either way is blasphemous in the eyes of the Father the Son and the Spirit.

Jesus was an Israelite or an outlier. Either way-miraculous conception or not, he was placed here just as the Sun was placed in the sky.. for a specific reason. When he goes through his baptism with John and the heavens open. The Spirit of God comes into him. Just as we have stories of people becoming possessed.. this would almost be the opposite of that. This takeover by the Spirit allows him to do marvelous things. Yet Christ.. knowing how he would be perceived did not take to the stage immediately to begin showing everyone. John 7:2-5 shows us that it was almost the complete opposite at one point. He knew not to show himself in public until the time or situation was right and yet even when he does. He is a horrible outcast. What makes Jesus different is that having the spirit of Christ inside of him.. he COULD make statements towards people that are otherwise seen as judgmental.

Humans today.. not so much. They (if they areChristian) can invite the spirit of God into their bodies but it is still very much up to them to not only realize when it is there and has arrived and to also understand that by submitting to such. You are to be under the direction of this spirit yet you are also capable of freely making decisions. It's almost like taking a pledge. The tally count of your rights and wrongs is ever going and can be saved through Christ but never on your own or through another human.

Simply put. Yahesh-ua or Joshua or Jesus. Was The founder of God's Church. (Duh we already knew that)
However. Only Christ can select and therefore bring new members into the Church. Most of the time I would venture to bet that MANY of the people who are in the Church currently are not Christians but rather people who have upheld his laws. (Israelites and Gentiles who the spirit has saved)

If you come across an individual who claims power to lay judgment or to pass it on others with blatant disregard. Use your powers as a member of the Body of Christ. (And not this or that church or whatever 33rd baptist church) These Churches will fall during the Apocalypse and during this moment we catch the last true glimpses of God at work. God is the un-seeable. While mega churhces and religions claim to have this or that body count. Only God and knowingly or unknowingly the ones who have truly felt the spirit and put it to good use. Know that their Church is not only the most powerful but also invisible to the naked eye. It is not littered with Crosses or Idolatry but sewn into their hearts.

Qualifications for Overseers

3 The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. 2 Therefore an overseer[a] must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, 5 for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church? 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover, he must be well thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil.
Qualifications for Deacons

8 Deacons likewise must be dignified, not double-tongued,[c] not addicted to much wine, not greedy for dishonest gain. 9 They must hold the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. 10 And let them also be tested first; then let them serve as deacons if they prove themselves blameless. 11 Their wives likewise must[d] be dignified, not slanderers, but sober-minded, faithful in all things. 12 Let deacons each be the husband of one wife, managing their children and their own households well. 13 For those who serve well as deacons gain a good standing for themselves and also great confidence in the faith that is in Christ Jesus.
The Mystery of Godliness

14 I hope to come to you soon, but I am writing these things to you so that, 15 if I delay, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, a pillar and buttress of the truth. 16 Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness:

He[e] was manifested in the flesh,
vindicated[f] by the Spirit,[g]
seen by angels,
proclaimed among the nations,
believed on in the world,
taken up in glory.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoWhatWhenWhere2420

The finish to all this is. I have felt the Spirit inside of me in a way that is not only indescribable but realizing that you are possibly being "Born Again" in a manner not consistent with what is taught to be the way in western culture it is breathtaking.

I don't consider myself special or as someone more worthy of the next. I have many flaws and constantly work to correct mine before assessing those of another individual. I know what I know, I have wisdom but I'm still working to develop a complete understanding.

God doesn't take attendance and he certainly doesn't like anyone of the flesh to tell another they can or cannot do something as that power has not been delegated to them.

Satan is the King of our World. Satanic Perversion is everywhere. (Evil Perversion..either way)

Fact is. In the battle of Good vs. Evil. Evil seems to be kicking the snot out of Good and most of the people who are "working" for the Good side.. are selling nothing but evil. As always the Devil is in the details.
God is in the finalities.

Every big thing that happens in your life, every big obstacle, every big decision you make that goes successfully is all the work of God. Whether you are a believer or not it is.

It shows that just like the Golden Rule and Learning that you must first learn to love yourself before you can love another and so on. It shows us that at times when we trust in ourselves (Whom if you know the laws already believer or not) that the invisible EXTRA luck you needed.. was inside of you. By believing that it was possible.. you were able to bring it to the surface and into creation. Much like our God or our Creator or our Singularity which had to be good at bringing things into existence.. we TOO are creators.

The reality that you manifest.. is up to you.
Sadly, many "religious" people are working to manifest the reality that they live in fear of.. in spite of their own contrived efforts to the contrary.

The Kingdom of God is open to EVERYONE. Nay.. Not just that but I challenge that in this world where simple "believers" are in the middle. The curious and open/scientific minded and atheists would get into the kingdom long before those who have made themselves Gods over their own world in casting judgment with their eyes and ears closed. Not seeing and not hearing.

Much the opposite of what Jesus through the knowledge and spirit of the Christ...advises them to do.
Much in line with the deception present. From the beginning of time.
edit on 25-10-2013 by WhoWhatWhenWhere2420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

LoneGunMan

You do not know me so how can you pity me?

I don't pity you...and I have been where you are now. Keep on truckin you may find your path in the end is not what you thought. I have done it all, read it all and seen it all. I have helped put people back together in car accidents, had others die in my arms. Seen the lost looks o people face after losing everything to a structure fire (done that well over 30 time) I have wept at heartbreak hill I don't know how many times. I have had real world experiences that would shake up the most stalwart of men.

You need to have a bit more experience in the world before you judge who I am or what leads me to where I am going.

Good luck.

Perhaps in hindsight pity was probably a poor choice of word. However, I can assure you my " experience in the world " is a long long way from naive my friend, I too have witnessed many things I wouldn't wish upon anyone. What I essentially meant was quite simple, it disheartens me when people attribute inner strength to imaginary outside agencies (2700+ different gods and counting).
The strength to endure hardship is within YOU, it is YOU. You strike me as being a genuine and altruistic person, for that you should be proud. My lighthearted stab at your new belief system is purely meant to hopefully help you see the lies for what they are, just another channel of control to fleece people of there currency. You deserve better, all humanity does....
I've little desire to engage in yet another philosophical debate about theistic perceptions, in my mind, that debate was settled many many years ago, it's just not real.
I really do sincerely wish you well, but at the same time, god is just an "idea" and like all ideas it should subjected to questioning.
Bad ideas that cause pain, death and destruction in my opinion should be subject to harsh ridicule, if noone was getting hurt there would be no complaints would there....
Live long and prosper

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Tusks
That's because anti-Christians control Education, MSM, and Hollywood--thereby effecting opinions.

In addition, they hire tele-evangelists who are judgmental and foolish and frequently are shysters.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

Caught between a pile of crap and a pile of crap.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Jesus came to me, I could actually see him but he was mostly white radiant light. The love and the empathy that radiated made my knees go out from under me and I cannot explain it I was saved.

So, you say that you had a visitation from Jesus. Does that mean he is "God"? Does that make the Bible stories true?

I have had visitations from "higher beings" too, and experienced incomparable love! One time the love and intensity of the "presence" was so fierce it was as if I standing under Niagra Falls! I asked "Are you God?" The answer was "No."

I never have felt compelled to worship these beings, but they have taught me a lot, and I am better for the experience.

When you met Jesus, did he ask you to worship him? Did he tell you that the Bible is true? Did he tell you that he is God?

edit on 25-10-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join