It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The majority thinks Christians are judgemental and stupid

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

I know it's no easy task...But Christ wouldn't ask you to do something if you were not capable of it.

Funny you bring this up because Jesus asked or suggests us to be perfect.

Matthew 5
48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Being perfect is being without sin correct? Why would Jesus ask or suggest us to do something if it is not possible? Obviously Jesus did believe we could be sinless as he was, otherwise he would have never asked for it according to you.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

So, no redeeming value....who's to say?

Me!

I don't believe in the God of the Bible and I certainly don't believe that Jesus was the God of the Old Testament in the flesh. The Christian religion makes no sense to me, and I'm always surprised when people sluff off the inconsistencies and obvious immorality with saying like "Who am I to judge God".

Well, in my opinion, that's not God. I don't believe in an immoral and unjust God.

Forgiving your rapist, or your mother's murderer isn't just "hard", for some it's impossible. Forgiveness can't be forced. Love can't be forced. Belief can't be forced. I guess that's why there's so many Christians faking it.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

windword
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I'm not judging you. I have asked you a number of sincere questions that you haven't answered though.

When you saw Jesus, did he confirm that Bible stories are true? Did he tell you that he is God? Was it his appearance to you that made you believe that the Jesus Bible stories are true?

I saw Jesus once too. I've had many spiritual experiences, but they didn't make me believe the Bible was true.

Was the child in the picture picking fruit sinning? If so, why aren't the birds and insects sinners? Why does the fruit belong to them, but not to us?

No he did not confirm the bible stories are true, there was a cross connect from my personal experiences and many things I have studied in depth from Alien abduction to the teachings of Buddha. Too complex to put into a conspiracy forum online.

You want me to interpret what some artist is conveying? Really?

What makes you think I am obligated to answer your questions?

I will tell you how deep I have been in my Shaman experience. There used to be another Shaman on this board, her and I had an affair together. She shapeshifted in front of me and blew my worldview out of the water. Her and I together opened some very frightening gates. I have done so many magickal workings that happened. I spellcrafted my store into existence. I have seen and done much more than most...I have been to the dark side and came back.
edit on 26-10-2013 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

"If possible" being key here. He didn't say it was possible did he? He said that "if" it is possible. Not all ifs become true.

Well, if Jesus didn't know everything beforehand, that rules him out as being fully God, because God knows everything. If anything, him not knowing the day implies he is not God at all.

I find it strange that Jesus could have perfectly described how and what would happen at the end of Times, yet could have no possible way of knowing when it would happen. If he was fully God as Christian doctrine teaches, he would have known when it would happen, not just how.

If it wasn't possible, there would be absolutely no reason for that clause to even be there in the first place...

No it doesn't rule Him out as fully God. You realize this works both ways right? You're saying since Jesus doesn't know everythign He's not God...let me postulate that if I can find a scripture where Jesus DOES know everything then that proves that HE IS God...

John 21:17 "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You."

Did Jesus rebuke Peter and say "WHOA WHOA WHOA THERE PETER...I don't know everything!" Nope, he sure didn't.
So does this prove Jesus IS God....If it does our two "proofs" are in contradiction of each other...

You can't prove that Jesus is not God by saying he didn't know all things...Just as I can't prove Jesus IS God by demonstrating that he did...why? Because Jesus was both fully and man and fully God.

Any time I approach a particular end to my studies such as this...and I'm genuinely perplexed....my first resource is usually 1 Corinthians 13:12
"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

I've been entrusted with much knowledge....but I'm very weary of what I teach because I know we bear hard burdens and strict judgment....Therefore to the things I don't know, I gladly say I do not know.

A2D

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
lonegunman

if you like black gospel, you might like this too

my ebooks are so outdated now lol i need to finish writing the one i'm working on currently, which is that the bible and other ancient texts, are jam packed with all kinds of advanced sciences .

when you had your experience, what did he say?

edit on 26-10-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I spellcrafted my store into existence. I have seen and done much more than most...I have been to the dark side and came back.

What do you mean by this part? Are you saying you spoke a spell and *poof* your store appeared out of nowhere? Or did you do some kind of ritual and somehow that helped you to open your store?

If it poofed into existence I have a really hard time believing that.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

You want me to interpret what some artist is conveying? Really?

Christians are constantly telling me that breaking the 10 commandments is sin. I was asking you what you think sin is, since you keep saying that we all sin and fall short of God.

What is sin, and what does it mean to fall short of God?

That Catholic prayer card depicts a child picking fruit as a sin. Do you think it is?

No you're not obligated to answer, but ignoring my questions doesn't help your case in my opinion.

I don't believe that we're all "sinners" or that we need salvation from God's wrath. If we did need salvation I don't think that innocent blood would purchase that ticket.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Being perfect is being without sin correct? Why would Jesus ask or suggest us to do something if it is not possible? Obviously Jesus did believe we could be sinless as he was, otherwise he would have never asked for it according to you.

No, not correct.

The word "perfect," in the Bible, can and does mean "complete" or "finished." Hebrews...

"Perfect" can also have the meaning of "mature" or "grown up." Philippians...

A2D

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Quick question for those so inclined, is apostasy considered an unforgivable sin? Can I go to Heaven if I not only dislike the God and Jesus in the Bible, but do not even believe they exist?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

windword

Me!

I don't believe in the God of the Bible and I certainly don't believe that Jesus was the God of the Old Testament in the flesh. The Christian religion makes no sense to me, and I'm always surprised when people sluff off the inconsistencies and obvious immorality with saying like "Who am I to judge God".

Well, in my opinion, that's not God. I don't believe in an immoral and unjust God.

Forgiving your rapist, or your mother's murderer isn't just "hard", for some it's impossible. Forgiveness can't be forced. Love can't be forced. Belief can't be forced. I guess that's why there's so many Christians faking it.

“With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” - Jesus

A2D

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

So basically you accept two contradictory things as both being true? Sounds about right to me.
Blind faith at its finest.

Matthew 15
14 Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit."

You're following a blind guide named Paul. Paul is the antichrist.

2 Corinthians 5
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Those who do not walk by sight walk blindly. Paul has led you into a pit.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

So, you're saying that you have to believe in God first, then you can follow his commandments, to love and to forgive. What if I can't force myself to believe?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Agree2Disagree

3NL1GHT3N3D1

No, not correct.

The word "perfect," in the Bible, can and does mean "complete" or "finished." Hebrews...

"Perfect" can also have the meaning of "mature" or "grown up." Philippians...

A2D

"Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect", or in other words be like God. Why would Jesus ask us to be like God if it weren't possible? You just said he wouldn't ask of us something that wasn't possible.

You keep giving me ammo.

edit on 26-10-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Tetrarch42
Quick question for those so inclined, is apostasy considered an unforgivable sin? Can I go to Heaven if I not only dislike the God and Jesus in the Bible, but do not even believe they exist?

thats a really good question. no one here but you can make that judgement call. that's why the entire subject is so personal. you have to decide if you want to "go to Heaven" . you might find it interesting to know that jesus said heaven is right where you are, right now. thus, it must be existing simultaneously in a dimension just slightly out of phase with our own.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

A2D

Not true! Being sinless is impossible even with God! You said so yourself.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

So basically you accept two contradictory things as both being true? Sounds about right to me.
Blind faith at its finest.

Matthew 15
14 Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit."

You're following a blind guide named Paul. Paul is the antichrist.

2 Corinthians 5
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Those who do not walk by sight walk blindly. Paul has led you into a pit.

I have reasons for my belief therefore it is NOT blind. I am not of Paul, I am of Christ. I do not follow Paul, I follow Christ. We walk by faith in Christ as Christ is our lead. Though I may be blind as I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for Christ is my guide.

A2D

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

A2D

Not true! Being sinless is impossible even with God! You said so yourself.

Now you're just being facetious.

A2D

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

But when you don't understand something, you refer to Paul. You just said so in your last post. You walk blindly in the shadow of death while following a man named Paul when you don't understand who says not to walk by sight.

Blind leading the blind.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

"Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect", or in other words be like God. Why would Jesus ask us to be like God if it weren't possible? You just said he wouldn't ask of us something that wasn't possible.

You keep giving me ammo.

Because within the context, Jesus is talking about a perfect or complete LOVE like the Father's...Not a perfect NATURE. It helps when you don't just read the verse but the ones before and after it as well.

A2D

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

No, I'm just making a point.
Sarcasm isn't such a bad thing is it?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join