It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soliders Warn of Coming Gun Confiscation and War Against Patriots

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Cinrad

CaticusMaximus

Emerys

I'd love to see them come to Texas and strip us our weapons. We have 1.5 million registered hunters. BRING IT!!!!

What exactly is the significance of the number of registered hunters in a state vs a militarized police force with modern armor, as in APCs and such?

Seriously... assuming even 10% (which I think is very high) of that figure did more than just gripe, how many are trained for combat situations in a scenario of being incredibly outgunned and outmanned? And how many of them have formed cohesive groups of fighters who can interact with each other while battling to the death perhaps the most modern and sophisticated police force on the planet?

I guess the most concise way to ask all of that is:

How many of those 1.5m are Rambo manifest in the flesh?

Unfortunately, Im guessing 0.

Gun confiscation indeed would be a bloodbath... but there wouldnt be much cop blood spilled.

Also, what are your anti-air capabilities like? You know, for drones with missiles and all (perhaps a gunship or two for dramatic effect) for any who might hole up somewhere moderately defensible....

And you wouldnt "love" it. This isnt Battlefield or CoD.

If you want to die on principle, I respect and support that 100%.

But dont think when you make that stand, youll be coming out alive; you wont. And be prepared to accept not even getting the chance to fire a single shot before being killed yourself, as that will be a distinct possibility. Better to accept that now than to be really, really disappointed and shocked in your inevitable final moments of this life.

edit on 10/23/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

Ditto.

This is the hard cold truth. I have been trying to tell people that arming yourself is not the answer, no matter how much hardware you have you will always be outgunned and outnumbered when you try to take on the government. The answer lies in community, becoming part of a caring, prepared community that you can trust. The government will for many years still try to seem tolerant, it will try to win you over with incentives. You don't have to die at this time, the time for martyrdom will come later, who knows how long that will be? Could be a decade, could be a generation or two. At this point you should become part of a community who have decided to say NO to being owned by the government but still be law abiding.

So let me get this right.
We should all disarm.
Go with the flow and see what happens ?

My opinion is that this is exactly why we are in this mess as of now.
Eisenhower warned us.
We didn't listen.

I myself have served in the military for god and country.
I'll be damned if i let tyrrany rule this country that i and many others
have fought for.
Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't this already happend? I thought it is nearly impossible to get any large quantities of ammo.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
S and F, it's going down slowly but surely. They are just going to take their time. The same way you cook a frog. Very very slowly.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

GoldenBrain71
reply to post by kingofyo1

Thanks for the honest answer. I agree with what you say and suspect you'll be in good company. I'm not anti-patriotic or anti-oath or anything like that. I was mainly just picking at what I think is contradictory wording in our own constitution. Another poster said it correctly when they stated (and I'll paraphrase) they thought the govt stands by the constitution when it suits them and dumps it in the trash when it doesn't.

I should take a moment to explain something about me. My username describes the way my brain works. For those who don't know, "goldenbrain" is a term for a person who uses both hemispheres of their brain equally which is what I do. I'm ambidextrous from brain to feet. It's in my nature to play devils advocate which is what I'm doing in this thread.

It's definitely contradictory wording, and I entirely understand playing devil's advocate, as I do it on occasion to people who I believe do not have a concrete understanding of what they are saying! Thanks for the good discussion, and asking the right quesitons

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

You need to listen up. I am a veteran. I am a patriot. I am not a right wing nut. People like you piss me off. We were founded on our God, and did so with our guns and patriotism. If you don't like what I faught to protect, the GET THE F OUT. Maybe Mexico will take you. I am a right wing nut when it comes to ignorance.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Positive

Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't this already happend? I thought it is nearly impossible to get any large quantities of ammo.

Yes. to some extent. But if they really want to, they could easily make ammo very scarce, and very expensive. Right now, most folks I know can get ammo fairly easily. I look for that to change over time.

It's just my opinion, though. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I think... That one thing that people who say "you can't fight an army" or "you can't fight a tank with a pea shooter" fail to realize is:
If you look at other countries that are experiencing insurrection, one of the first things that you see happen is a mass defecting of the armed forces. Whole battalions just up and switch sides. Take Syria for example... Shouldn't the govs war with the "rebels" have been over in like a week instead of dragging on for YEARS now? It has evolved into army against army just as many other conflicts around the globe have. Maybe our own Civil War would be another example that is a bit closer to home. We heard it from more than one soldier right here in this thread stating that he would not follow orders from his superiors if it came to that. Sure, it's a little tough to battle drones or take control of them, but does anyone think that they have enough hellfire missiles to use them against every AR owner in even one county in Texas? TPTB aren't stupid though, they know that this scenario is a distinct possibility. They'll try to go about it methodically and with great stealth so as not to ignite the spark that could turn the tables against them. If it does go ballistic though and American citizens start getting taken out en masse, you'll see it happen very quickly as soldiers look inside their hearts and make their own decisions about who the REAL enemy is...
edit on 24-10-2013 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Positive

I attended a gun show in Dallas, Tx this year and saw about a dozen or more people selling their personal ammo because they were broke. They were either sitting in one spot with several cans of ammo or pulling it behind them on a luggage dolly with a sign listing all the calibers and price. Mostly I saw .223, .556, .308, 9mm and .40 at just under retail prices. It's sad to see so many struggling people but it is one way to scoop up a few thousand rounds really quickly. Otherwise I'd either buy from several tables at the gun show which would be more than you'd be able to carry, or order online and get on the back order list. In most cases back order is only a few weeks away and your order arrives at your doorstep. Sportsmans guide and cheaper than dirt are a couple of decent places. Attn to those websites: I'll take my referral bonus in cash please.
edit on 24-10-2013 by GoldenBrain71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

GoldenBrain71
I'll take my referral bonus in cash please.

I'd be asking for Silver coin myself

In 1964 you could buy a gallon of gas with a Quarter. Back in the day when that Quarter was made of Silver... Today, you could actually buy 2 gallons of gas with that same Silver Quarter...
Daily Paul
edit on 24-10-2013 by sageturkey because: Correction

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

mactheaxe
reply to post by CB328

You need to listen up. I am a veteran. I am a patriot. I am not a right wing nut. People like you piss me off. We were founded on our God, and did so with our guns and patriotism. If you don't like what I faught to protect, the GET THE F OUT. Maybe Mexico will take you. I am a right wing nut when it comes to ignorance.

apparently you re also anti-constitutional, since you are keen on deporting citizens without trial just because they disagree with you.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

sageturkey

GoldenBrain71
I'll take my referral bonus in cash please.

I'd be asking for Silver coin myself

In 1964 you could buy a gallon of gas with a Quarter. Back in the day when that Quarter was made of Silver... Today, you could still buy a gallon of gas with that same Silver Quarter...
Daily Paul
edit on 24-10-2013 by sageturkey because: Correction

Hahaha! Good suggestion, but I'm pretty set. I remember when I was in high school a gallon of gas was about $.89. The truth is, if the sh!t should ever hit the fan then lighters, moonshine and toilet paper would be worth more than silver. Besides, I'm pretty comfortable. I'm 42 and was fortunate enough to retire at 40. I am now a farmer but I don't sell anything...lol, and if it was my desire or necessity I would never have to visit a store to supply my family with food or any other items. I grow almost everything in walipini's using aquaponics so I have produce and fish galore. I have water wells, solar, wind, diesel power generators and a ton of equipment as well as manual tools and can mill from steel or wood anything that we need. I can also make just about any primitive tool, weapon or whatever I need. I live on 16 acres and though I do buy some electricity now I could be completely off grid in a few hours. We use diesel mostly so I could even refine biodiesel from the plethora of wood mulch, ragweed, you name it, if I needed to, so I'm good without silver. If I had my way there would be no money in the entire world, but I'm pretty sure most people would be clueless as to how to survive without it so it's a necessary evil I guess.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Here is some intel for you; NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN, PERIOD, END OF DEBATE.

It would be impossible to round up every gun in America, especially with the us of the United States Military. It would result in all out civil war and a collapse of the US Congress as objections by states are drawn.

Now, that being said, I am a FIRM, FIRM BELIEVER in SOFT MARTIAL LAW and Partial Gun Confiscation.

First, we all know the Constitution won't allow the US Military to be turned on Americans. Americans, even the dumb asleep ones would wake up quickly to having troops rolling down their streets. Even liberals might flip on Obama.

US troops may also not follow orders, and a military coup could occur.

BUT... You could use the DHS. Think about it, why are they arming themselves like the military, training like the military? Becuase it would be 100% constitutional and legal to use the DHS. It would also be legal to use already existing law enforcement.

Soft martial law will resemble what we all witnessed happening in Boston after the bombings. Imagine that scenario with DHS and local agencies after a false flag confined to several eastern states. Or possibly to several large metro areas. And a nation-wide ban on interstate travel or check points and papers at all state borders.

Followed up by a gun ban. A turn them in within 10 days or you are a felon automatically with a minimum 10 years federal detention if caught.

Door to door searches would be cared out within the soft zones.

Those living in the country or not in the major zones of enforcement would have better chances of holding out.

This is a much more feasible approach to wearing down the general populace and to brainwashing people into thinking that only terrorist have assault weapons.

The government can then begin to tighten the screws in the metro areas under soft martial law. Allowing the economy to run it's course, allowing riots to happen and having a now disarmed public beg for more protection.

Also, think about why the president is firing generals. He doesn't want a military or anyone standing by going, I see whats going on in my country it's time to act. He wants guys that will follow orders and stay on the side lines while he uses the DHS on all of us.

That's the intel I've got. You make your own determinations. But I can promise, the main force won't be US soldiers going door to door.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenBrain71

Hahaha wow...
You'd be someone good to know! Congratulations on your early retirement and self-sufficiency!
ETA: I'll have to work until I keel-over, that will be my 'retirement' ...

edit on 24-10-2013 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

Thanks! It's a lot of work but entirely worth the effort.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaTango

".... He wants guys that will follow orders and stay on the side lines while he uses the DHS on all of us. "

How can Any Active Serviceman do just that , " Stand on the Sidelines while the Poser In Chief uses the DHS against the American People ? What about their Oath to Preserve , Protect , and Defend the Constitution of the United States against Enemies Foreign and Domestic ? What happens when their Own Family Members are rounded up and accused of being Domestic Terrorists by those DHS Neo Nazi Thugs ? The time to make a Stand against that possible desturbing scenario is Now......

edit on 24-10-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Without all the drama there are several road maps available to disarm a population; just look at Australia or the U.K. Lucky for those who believe in the 2d amendment there are still a few in government who block others who do not.

I believe most legal gun owners are law abiding citizens. If a law passed outlawing certain firearms or mags whatever most Americans would comply with the law. Look no further than California and some of their laws.

50 years ago I would have never thought they could or would disarm the Australian gun owners... They did without a major conflict and they did it with just the usual grumbling from the population.

If the dollar collapses or some natural or unnatural event happens where the streets are filled with mayhem then, depending on the body count, there might be another major push.... but as it is today, even with the known movements which fund and work under the radar toward unarming the citizens they have been impotent for the most part and my hope is they will all turn to dust before their goals are ever reached. There were so many guns purchased during the last round of gun confiscation talk that we are still suffering from certain ammo shortages. Even the lowly .22 is hard to come by or the price has really increased.

Many good replies in this thread some are well thought and heart felt. Let us all as Americans hope we never have to try out our survival skills in a true SHTF scenario.

After the second week that stuff gets really old except for the few who are true survivalist and have had the foresight or money to disconnect from what many would consider "gotta have stuff".

The next possibility I see for mayhem is after November when some of the benefits will be cut for welfare recipients... If all it takes is a 36$ cut in welfare to start riots then this place is really ripe for no telling what?

Australia

edit on 24-10-2013 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

yeah.....but not with tanks missiles battleships and aircraft.........scary.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

I disagree with this line of reasoning.

1) It's just completely defeatist and you're basically saying that we should let authoritarians take over with no resistance.

2) Afghanistan and Iraq have proven how effective insurgent asymmetrical warfare is against the US military.

3) The military itself is unlikely to be 100% behind disarming/going to war with the American people. You will have defectors who will refuse to fight and even aid the insurgents. The same thing happens in Iraq and Afghanistan all the time.

I am liberal on juts about every issue, but I trust my fellow Americans with their guns and I think they are an invaluable deterrent against authoritarians. Or do you think Iraqis have something special that Americans lack?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

What's on that flag in the back? I rubber? I can't watch the video now.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

mazeofSiriusC
reply to post by Emerys

yeah.....but not with tanks missiles battleships and aircraft.........scary.

You don't always need brute force to win a conflict. Strategy plays a huge role.

Some said that the American revolution would have been impossible. Yet a bunch of rag-tag citizens came together to fight the worlds biggest military power (at the time.)

One of the biggest ways they would achieve this, would be to ambush soldiers, and wait in the woods for them to pass by. The more experienced riflemen would try to "snipe" the commanding officers to cut off their leadership. And at the time, it was customary to fight in open battle. This style of fighting angered the British, and was one of the key roles in the success of that war.

Hell, why do you think the war on "terror" has been so hard to win. These people are gorilla fighters. They don't usually go straight into combat. They can setup booby traps, such as IED's. And I believe that was one of the biggest death rates of U.S. soldiers in one of our current wars. They may even try to ambush soldiers who are walking in the middle of a populated city.

It's hard to fight an enemy who can be at any place, at anytime. And that can really take a toll on you psychologically.

All you really need to win a fight is ingenuity.

That's why there's the saying "Never underestimate your opponent."

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join