It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone find it odd that Comet ISON, Is hearsay this, made up that, ect. Except you can not find

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

wildespace
One can get many questions answered, and avoid much confusion and misinformation, when one follows the astronomy community instead of tabloid media and Youtube "experts". Join astronomy groups and pages on Facebook, bookmark some astronomy and space websites, and you will have regular and authentic updates on ISON and other space objects.

We don't need MSN, or even NASA exclusively (although they do perform valuable research). There are thousands of astronomers (professional and amateur) who use their own telescopes and other equipment to study ISON. They post pictures practically every day, monitor and report ISON's activity, perform various measurements, etc. There is no shortage of ISON news and information, you just need to know where to look (and no, don't look for info from cranks like McCanney or Hoagland, they make up their fantasies as they go along).

Don't trust the astronomers? Get your own telescope, equipped with a CCD, and perform your own observations and measurements. Report them to the astronomy community (so that they could be verified and confirmed), and if there's something unusual about ISON it will be made known. That's how astronomy works, that's how science works in general. Of course, it helps if you know what you're doing.

As for other comets like Lovejoy, Enke and Linear, there are some threads on ATS, and of course plenty of info on astronomy sites, like www.aerith.net...

Yes, planned that long ago. Seem it was not in my cash stash at the time. You do have a point, know what your doing while using a telescope. Heard they can actually connect to a computer!

Oh boy! They do play it out don't they? Came out with nothing, possible something in the terms of tail, getting to actually see it with my own 2 eyes, hitting the sun, breaking up between the sun and coming back around, tail again and saying goodbye.

Now on the other hand some have gone WAY out there!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by infoseeker26754

1995' Comet Hale Bopp in April and in Nov that year. Plain as day big and bright.

Again missed it! Seems I miss everything from UFO and the likes! Even had myself a plan. While the house was being invaded by Ufo's, was going to Borrow their craft and go take a trip myself.

Keeping my Eyes opened though!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

It's dust. God help us if dust hits the planet. We may have to pull out the pledge and a rag.

Lets hope it is Gold Dust though! Gold does come from space, what I heard anyway.

I shall enjoy the show! Just my Being has Heard Mother Earth and it's not okay. Doing my part, grounding my Love to Heal Her!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

AutumnWitch657

1995' Comet Hale Bopp in April and in Nov that year. Plain as day big and bright.

I remember Hale-Bopp very well. It was bright enough to be seen even in the relatively bright sky immediately after sunset.

As for the OP's question...

There is no "hush-up" regarding ISON. In fact, the opposite is true.

There has been a lot more media attention for this comet than most comets. There are also many amateur astronomers who continue to take many, many photos of ISON. However, the more-than-normal interest in ISON only because it was originally thought it would be bright enough to be clearly seen in the night sky (like Hale-Bopp was in 1995), but it seems that possibly ISON will not be as bright as some originally thought.

There are two other comets in the night sky (P2/Enke and C/2013 R1 Lovejoy) in October and November that may end up being just as bright (or maybe I should say "as dim") as ISON. All three of them will be at least visible with binoculars. But, who knows -- maybe ISON will still brighten up as it was originally thought it might.

edit on 10/25/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Do hope so! Starting to become a freeway out in space, how would one know one from the other? Lets pray either one of them are not Texting while flying!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Oh cut it out . You're just being silly or purposely trying to cloud the issue. It's no mystery and no doom for us.

Not really! Seems I have this nagging Feeling that grows, becomes different and teaches me. Yep! All voices do agree, pay attention!

One could say, I am being caught up in myself; I would have to say somehow I've been invited to learn something new. Actually it is now New, just forgotten. Clouding the issue would not help anyone and would be a waste of your time and mine.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by research3300

The interesting thing to me is that mainstream science knows lots about comets . It ice and dust . Electric??? Try a real science web site instead of where ever you got that bad info from scientists have been studying these things since man first looked up. Every year we know more and more .

They learned something, how would you know accepting it as fact? The Earth was flat until someone said, Let's see and did something different then what was stated to exist.

Man does not actually know, puts things into ideas and comes up with what they think it is and it is so. Now until we land on one all we could do is say this comet is of this and that. Leaves out all the others but places them all as the same.

Watch someone come along and say we sent a probe, or our telescopes with special lens say otherwise. Ever been to Easter Island? Read a book and somehow your mind Thinks it has!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Did you see the photos? It was about 2 ft by 2ft. Of course some of it burned up upon entry but certainly not massive by any stretch.

Thats big! Comparied to all the small ones sofar, looks like their getting bigger. 1908 one took out a whole forest and even today no one knows how big it actually was.

Now we shall take the little fellow and see what it is made of, then comes more interesting ideas later. Who knows, something harder then steel, a new elemunt or please not something better then Gold!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Ut oh !!! Looks like Andromeda strain has finally arrived.

Best not go there! Knowing Gina, She might have something even better just waiting. That was a good movie, in fact it was created knowing one day it could happen someday.

Now with all the GMO's and the tainted water out there, might bring life to something we do Not want to meet!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by Phage

Well crap! You just burst my bubble.

I was hoping that ISON was going to be as interesting as Hale-Bopp. But I still have my fingers crossed after it goes around the sun. NASA and scientists aren't the all knowing folk they think they are and have been proven wrong time and time again. This is one of those times that I hope that they are proven wrong.

And thats what I would have liked to have happened. Yet it seems most like to POP BUBBLES! Heard from so and so, NASA that it will be of no value so toss it away, since we said so.

Then harping on another just because, why? This is the problem, again we do not know Jack and yet we act as if reading something fills the void as I know it. Its like going to the doctor and singing the form Before they do any work on you. That little line that states, It is science and no promisses!

Science has a back door, claiming they can do it yet knowing only a small part of what they know. If you have to sign that form just to get a band-aid on a Boo-boo, you do have to wonder. Hell, they claim God is but a small partical, who actually really cares? Can that help you in finding God?

In 1840's we were working, loving and caring people. Most helped each other out, now it's every man for himself. So what happened?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

TDawgRex
reply to post by Phage

Well crap! You just burst my bubble.

I was hoping that ISON was going to be as interesting as Hale-Bopp. But I still have my fingers crossed after it goes around the sun. NASA and scientists aren't the all knowing folk they think they are and have been proven wrong time and time again. This is one of those times that I hope that they are proven wrong.

They still are not exactly sure if it will be an impressive comet or not. It looks like it will NOT be as bright as once thought it could be, but there are still a few astronomers saying that there is still a very slight possibility that it could, due to the relative unpredictability of comets.

This article written yesterday (October 24) says that most likely ISON will not be as impressive as originally thought, but there is still some chance, albeit a slight one:

au.ibtimes.com...

Again Thanks for the updated info!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

SheopleNation

TheNewSense
See this is your problem. The reason you are so obessed with ISON is because your entire existential perspective is severely skewed.

So cheesy's perspective is skewed because he is interested in ISON's origins, so what? Are you the end all be all decider of what interests an individual can have? Maybe it's Cheesy's avatar, does it annoy you? LMAO!

Did it ever occur to you that it was travelling in a random direction and just happened to be on a course that crosses our solar system.

Why would you just assume that the possibility never did occur to him? Did it ever occur to you that maybe ISON collided with an asteroid and it's former direction was altered, or that it's nothing more than a small chunk of a Star which exploded 10,000 lightyears ago? The possibilities are endless.

There is nothing out of the ordinairy here and without the people that you hink are hiding something you probably wouldn´t even have heard of ISON at this point.

Actually it's all over Youtube, so he would. There are these people called Amature Astronomers all over planet Earth. Fact is anything could happen, but you don't know either now do you? Like Uncle Rico said, Sounds like there is a whole hell of a lot that you don't know about.

Get over your obsession.

Get over yourself and learn some better manners because in the grand scheme of things, Nobody cares what you think. ~$heopleNation

WELL SAID!

Love you Cheesy!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

SheopleNation
Why would you just assume that the possibility never did occur to him? Did it ever occur to you that maybe ISON collided with an asteroid and it's former direction was altered, or that it's nothing more than a small chunk of a Star which exploded 10,000 lightyears ago? The possibilities are endless.

Actually, our entire solar system is made up of stuff from stars that exploded billions of years ago. In fact, most of the stuff inside our bodies (and all of the heavier elements inside our bodies and all around us) was once inside a star.

The cloud of dust and gas that our solar system was born from 5 billion years ago (and, in turn, us humans) was created from the supernova and nova of long-dead stars. As Carl Sagan once famously said "we are made of star-stuff" -- and he meant that quite literally; many of the atoms inside our bodies and all around us was once inside a star or created during a super-nova.

Having said that, it is just as proper to say ISON (just like any normal comet) most likely came from inside our own solar system. Sure -- the stuff inside our solar system had to come from somewhere previously, but we have to stop somewhere -- or else we'll go all the way back to the creation of the universe itself.

I suppose you are trying to say "well, it is possible that it came into our solar system from the outside after our solar system formed", and I guess that it is possible (just like almost anything is "possible"), but there is no reason to suspect that ISON is any different than every other comet out there. We can say "maybe ISON is different", but that would be baseless wild speculation.

Except you just took the joy out of it frankly! Not one comet has a GPS so it could have came from anywhere. Our solar system is a very small dot in our milky way, and if there is one dot somehow many more dots could be out there.

What if there are planets in out solar system outside our way of thinking of what is, Planet X is a given. Much is not known so we tend to play along that it does not exist yet it is written in stone tablets!

Pluto has been considered a planet for so long, why not just leave it at that? We can say based upon other comets floating around doing this or that, no one knows what each one is capable of doing anyway today. It could get pulled, tossed, towed by something we have no clue about. We only rate things by what we think should happen basied upon other things of like nature.

It does not work that way, most follow yet their is one who might do something different someday, and then what? Opp's, were sorry, our ideas were wrong. Wild Speculations could have save the day!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

research3300
Sun has awoken as I described above, coming just after the magnetic poles completed reversal.

Solar activity called "high and intensifying "
spaceweather.com...

X-FLARE UPDATE: Earth-orbiting satellites have just detected a second X-class solar flare on Oct. 25th. The X2-class eruption at 15:07 UT followed an X1-event at 08:01 UT. There is no reason to think this fusillade will end soon, so stay tuned for more flares. Solar Flare alerts:text, voice.

GLOBAL ERUPTION ON OCT 25TH: Solar activity is high and intensifying. New sunspot AR1882, which rotated over the sun's eastern limb earlier today, promptly unleashed an X1-class solar flare, adding to a series of lesser flares already underway from sunspots AR1875 and AR1877. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded a bright flash of extreme UV radiation from the X1 flare, which peaked at 08:01 UT on Oct. 25th:

Numbers for Oct according to www.swpc.noaa.gov...
1-Oct-13 - 49
2-Oct-13 - 59
3-Oct-13 - 61
4-Oct-13 - 84
5-Oct-13 - 69
6-Oct-13 - 53
7-Oct-13 - 76
8-Oct-13 - 99
9-Oct-13 - 111
10-Oct-13 - 138
11-Oct-13 - 115
12-Oct-13 - 106
13-Oct-13 - 125
14-Oct-13 - 136
15-Oct-13 - 149
16-Oct-13 - 120
17-Oct-13 - 166
18-Oct-13 - 145
19-Oct-13 - 149
20-Oct-13 - 117
21-Oct-13 - 179
22-Oct-13 - 228

That is an active Sun!

What is it every 11 yrs or so it becomes active or is it since 1900's we have been keeping track? Lets go back to 1800, who kept tracked then? 1700 nope no records.

Maybe the 11yrs is wrong, some say its not doing nothing on the 11 yrs cycle now. Who comes up with these ideas? So the sun is having a bad year, we do. Here is my crazy idea, lets see how many possible ways this could play out.

As Ison gets closer to the sun just about our orbit around the sun. A solar flare decides to come along and hit it smack in the face. A large BOOM followed by a wave knocking out everything elect here on Earth. All of the floating junk falls from space to Earth and its forth of July for the time being.

As the Boom rocks everything in it path, it changes the orbit of Earth or knocks the moon out of place. Followed by a great quake and waves of water 500ft high. The ground cracks, landmass move and vocanos wake up and that just the start of it.

Now could go with it just breaking up due to the heat and staying in out orbit for us to pass later on while small bits fall to earth due to the breakup. Lets hope them bits don't hit something that could go bang.

Wait, just in. UFO have saved the day again! Indeed we are Special. Last nothing happens and we get to see something Special this year. Oh the storyies for the books. Followed by who was right and what nots.

Anything is possible! You never know just what can happen, notice how you try to plan out your day and somehow it never goes as planned, even if you have all bases covered. Interesting don't you think?

Thanks for the info on the Sun. Seems everything is active this year. Beats having to hear of wars everyday! Now it is all so quiet one has to ponder!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Or...
It's just another comet that people go nuts about then nothing in particular happens.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

There are two aspects to ISON, which are reasonably balanced, but a lot of times people only see the extreme sides of it.

The first aspect is that, to all intents and purposes, it's just an ordinary comet swinging by the Sun like lots of other comets did before. There's no doom, conspiracy, or anything unusual going on there.

The other aspect is that it's a "virgin" comet making a very close pass to the Sun (hopefully becoming a naked-eye object, if not the Great Comet of 2013), and it gives us a great opportunity to study it as well as raise the global awareness of comets and the research being done. Hence the ISON Observing Campaign and a wealth of pictures, news, and articles popping up almost every day.

But the haters will hate, and pseudoscientists will continue churning out one ridiculous claim after another. That's why I always encourage people to distance themselves from that sort of stuff and familiarise themselves with how astronomy is really done.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Phage

Or...
It's just another comet that people go nuts about then nothing in particular happens.

It would seem that way. People do get fired up and fall short when nothing happens. Still you do have to wonder just what they were trying to say way back in the day.

If it was not important, why spend the time on the stone? Could be nothing more then a wonderful year and we mistook it as a warning? Or was it a warning to begin with?

With everything falling apart in the world, one should consider how one needs to live in the future just in case. Then again it could be nothing more then a Veil dropping and seeing things as they are. Adding anything more can get your mind into thinking otherwise.

Still does not explain the nagging feelings though. Ran every possible way my life could go and the door is wide open, Freedom. I have let this energy be and it seems to grow in fact, things really never even considered get brought up to my attention.

Cleaning house would be more like it. Views have dropped to being open instead of closed or fixed. Awakeening maybe, DNA switching on somehow, or just the plain fact that its time to do something different for the world as a whole.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

wildespace

There are two aspects to ISON, which are reasonably balanced, but a lot of times people only see the extreme sides of it.

The first aspect is that, to all intents and purposes, it's just an ordinary comet swinging by the Sun like lots of other comets did before. There's no doom, conspiracy, or anything unusual going on there.

The other aspect is that it's a "virgin" comet making a very close pass to the Sun (hopefully becoming a naked-eye object, if not the Great Comet of 2013), and it gives us a great opportunity to study it as well as raise the global awareness of comets and the research being done. Hence the ISON Observing Campaign and a wealth of pictures, news, and articles popping up almost every day.

But the haters will hate, and pseudoscientists will continue churning out one ridiculous claim after another. That's why I always encourage people to distance themselves from that sort of stuff and familiarise themselves with how astronomy is really done.

How did Doom Porn get started anyway? Most should consider that their life the way it is, is of their own doing. Sure their is the outside force that turns up the heat and knowing you must ride it out, so what gives?

Strange not having any other campaigns on other comets, so this must be something new?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People
To that end, what about ISON would make you suspect it is not a normal comet. What specific hypothesis to you want to test? If there was something different about ISON, then I'm sure some scientist somewhere would love to write a paper about it, because that's what scientists do.

Well to put aside all that scientific mindless garble, when did I suggest that ISON is not a normal Comet? I said it's impossible to know if it did not come from outside of our solar system, which you do not. I know you would like to think that you do, but you don't. Does that make sense? Oh and yes just so you know, I appreciate all the scientific achievements by scientists and how much they have improved our lives.

However, What you're suggesting is that we should just accept your THEORIES as the norm. Well guess what? I myself choose to keep an open mind about questions concerning the Universe. You don't know half of what you think that you know about what is out there and where it's origins are or were located. Hope that helps. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Blooming heck every comet that gets media attention (has done here in the UK maybe you should ask your TV stations not to dumb down) brings a load of doom porn and silly theories followed by bad bad science and then when the one guy you need to speak to offers his knowledge you try and pick a fight.
I weep for the human race sometimes..some people are indeed idiots or just badly educated and ignorant.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

boymonkey74
Blooming heck every comet that gets media attention (has done here in the UK maybe you should ask your TV stations not to dumb down) brings a load of doom porn and silly theories followed by bad bad science and then when the one guy you need to speak to offers his knowledge you try and pick a fight.
I weep for the human race sometimes..some people are indeed idiots or just badly educated and ignorant.

Seems to be taught in schools now for some time. Now considering our water, food and airwaves have something to do with it too. Would even consider somehow they changed our DNA or by Nature itself cleaning house in a way. I an stumped as to why the human race seems to care anymore.

Still their are afew out there keeping the eyes opened and the mind even more. Could say Ison is nothing more then the spill coming from Japan, or how everything just stopped; wars out East. However it plays out, maybe just maybe, Fema is doing its part to saves lives!

Every day something changes, Earth is acting up, sun seems to be too, seems like we are feeling the effects too. Why people decide to be closed minded; tired of the Porn, or are they afraid of considering the possible truths out there. Science is good, good things have played out yet in the long run some seem to cause more harm later. Taking risk should not mean going all out on any idea when it involves messing with things like DNA, GMO, Weather.

Man has gone so far as to play God messing with things they barely understand. Rules in the game state, messing with no understanding ends in falure since the Laws do not apply to what Man thinks. Since 1900's we have pretty much pushed things way over the line! Science could have found another way for free energy, curing cancer and building a way of life for all to live in. Work on saving life and the Planet for the next Gen and so on.

Even our history is hidden from us, rewritten in a different form to hide the truth for whatever reason. Could list any possible ways why they choose to do this only the real fact is, They do not want you to know. If it deals with the unknowing, it brings up fear. So they change it or name it.

Heres one for you. We will be testing our power grid in Nov so does it mean everything is off, not clearly stated; yet next week there will be a show on how people will survive without power. Already setting up the fear before it happens. Our TV is so lame, I spend more time reading or looking on the web for something of interest.

Even here on ATS, yet most of the time people have nothing to do but be trolls, sidetrack your posts and most have been here since ATS started. What ever happened to a good meeting of the minds? And the ones that do share, I give you 1,000 Thank You's!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join