It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone find it odd that Comet ISON, Is hearsay this, made up that, ect. Except you can not find

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Here is the Comet Ison, traveling in our solar system and soon will light up our sky's! Most of the time it would be on the news, times, dates and what likes, except nothing in today's world. Sure you could go to Y-T and find every possible idea out there, in fact some good ones to boot!

Somehow I do not think anybody does know how this will play out since too many possible ways it could play itself out. As something so Special flying by, one would think the news would Hype it up some as other comets they have. It's not like we have comets every year, rarely. Odds are like 1 in 10 yrs if not 100 yrs. Could be wrong here though, just ask yourself whens the last time you ever saw one in the sky with your eyes?

Word on the street, net and small talk. One should be able to see Ison by mid Nov. Now is that before wipping past the Sun or after? Lets go with passing and going for now. As we all have been led to believe, comets do have a tail, right? Now as it gets closer to the Sun, would not the tail get larger? Why?

Most know the reasons for this so lets consider the tail. We will either pass through it twice, once or never! Ever stood by the opened end of a lawnmower? Thats what the tail will leave behind, more after the passing of the Sun if not distroyed by it. Still, one should expect small part's floating around for later yrs to follow. We have a hard time keeping up with even all the Space Junk falling to Earth!

Books from the past, even some written on stone talk about a comet/planet; explains the idea of how rare it is to actually see one with your eyes, so in a way it could have been a Planet to them. Only this one came to be know as having to do with bringing great harm. So only one knowing doing this vs. all the others passing by. Odds are it will be a show and nothing else, lets hope so.

Now I did see something about a comet/metor hit list time line out there. 1400's to now showing how many Hit's on the planet! Strange to actually see nothing much hitting until 1800's and after that it looks like somehow the Planet Earth is now attracting them! Someone caring to add this to the post would be of great help, and I Thank You for this! Copy and paste was not taught in school when I was there

So my question to all of you here on ATS is; Do you actually know what is going on with Comet Ison or like me, wondering why the hush-up? I see a loop, same info and many ideas out there floating around only no real facts supporting anything. Other then getting to see it with your eyes in mid Nov; even that is questionable though people now can take pictures of it. Still only a blure, heard being an UFO
Although we do have pictures of something actually going into one and blasting it to bits on the net and showing itself still intacted was a good one! That would be on the weekend of Sept 17th, or same weekend the one fell into the lake in Russha.

Again something strange; Russha went to great lenghts to get that rock from the lake and as the story goes, China, US, Iran even have a small part to explore its make-up. Somehow all the great minds are playing around with it, playing would not be the right word only I think you know what I mean. Again one would have to ask them selves why? With the fear of WW3, US shutting down, China having it's year. Whats so special about that small rock from space? So much for Sirua and the poison gas usage, Irans dollar, and our Healthcare scam of the century!

I find if you have to talk about something, might as well be the truth and not some silly made-up crap floating out there. This should be one for the books in History, a timeline to be remembered about comet Ison. A Super Falling Star! Every night, each and everyone of you would get a chance to make a Wish! What would be the odds on that? Either way it will be one of the Greatest Shows on Earth! And it's Free.

So ATS? Care to use your Super Powers and explore, consider all the possible facts and do come up with something we can all use and not be left in the dark? Might as well bring some Light into the subject and find out for ourselves if this Comet is what all the Books have been talking about for ages. For most, knowing somethings in the air; Pun, you can feel it coming! Yet can not put your hand on it. A hidden factor, Feeling, Oddness of something going to ??????????? Have no name for this only that it is getting stronger!

What about You?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

infoseeker26754

Russha.

Sirua

I Googled these two countries and couldn't find them are you sure your research is right?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

EA006

infoseeker26754

Russha.

Sirua

I Googled these two countries and couldn't find them are you sure your research is right?

Yep! Just my spelling is found to be lacking! Working on it though, takes time going through a dictionary, then using a thesaurus to float the words into meaning.

Would have used spell check only I could not find the darn thing!

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The reason there is not much being said about the comet is because it is not going to be very interesting, contrary to early expectations. By contrast, comet Hale-Bopp was easily visible to the naked eye when it was the same distance from the Sun that C/2012 S1 is.

The last comet I saw was 17P/Holmes in 2007.

The Earth may pass through the edge of the dust tail in January when we cross through the region the comet is now approaching. If so the most we can expect to happen is a bit of a meteor shower. That's what meteor showers are, the dust of comets.
edit on 10/23/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Phage
The reason there is not much being said about the comet is because it is not going to be very interesting, contrary to early expectations. By contrast, comet Hale-Bopp was easily visible to the naked eye when it was the same distance from the Sun that C/2012 S1 is.

The last comet I saw was 17P/Holmes in 2007.

The Earth may pass through the edge of the tail in January when we cross through the region where the comet is now. If so the most we can expect to happen is a bit of a meteor shower.

Explain Bit of a meteor shower? One week in Sept we had over 30+, all it takes is one Bit to hit something as small as a power plant or a city. And we have not even gone through the tail yet.

Thanks for the info though

Peace

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

A hidden factor, Feeling, Oddness of something going to ???????????

Yes Tq So much to Bring this Sir..i have that Feeling too,and One Question that make me Always Wonder If I see ISON image..

"AnyOne Know Where Ison Come from? and How This Comet can Come to our Solar system,Is there any Hystory Record Of it? why this Comet Only get to Our Sun if there is So many Star in space..?
some scientist say it will only once, and Ison Will never come back again..so this comet came Very far away From Outer space only to visit us? "
thats My Curious..but If this Only one change a Livetime It Will Great To See it!

edit on 23-10-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Quite a few of your questions can be answered by going to Bruce Gary's website and reading all his material he has posted on Comet Ison.

Source

He is an Amateur Observer and does not post unsubstantiated theories. H also has an up to the minute pictures that he takes with his own equipment.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Explain Bit of a meteor shower? One week in Sept we had over 30+, all it takes is one Bit to hit something as small as a power plant or a city.
The tail of a comet is dust. The meteors from comet tails do not hit the ground, they vaporize high in the atmosphere. We pass through several each year.
stardate.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Just Add Information :
ISON DENGEROUS JOURNEY

www.nasa.gov...
Date Comet ISON Journey
10,000 years ago
The comet began its journey from the Oort cloud, a swath of icy objects that orbit far beyond Neptune. This is Comet ISON’s first trip through the inner solar system.

September 2012
Comet ISON was first discovered by Russian astronomers, Vitali Nevski and Artyom Novichonok, using the International Scientific Optical Network in Kislovodsk, Russia.

Jan. 17–18, 2013
NASA’s Deep Impact acquired images of Comet ISON. The observations were unable to detect whether carbon monoxide or carbon dioxide was present.

January-March 2013
For two months, NASA’s Swift mission observed ISON when it was around 460 million miles away from the sun. (1.usa.gov...) Observations showed that ISON was shedding about 112,000 pounds of dust and 130 pounds of water every minute. The lower amount of water represents the fact that the comet was too far away from the sun for its water ice to have begun evaporating. Instead, other materials such as carbon dioxide or carbon monoxide ice were boiling off.

April-May 2013
NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope observed Comet ISON at 386 million miles away from the sun on April 10, 2013. (1.usa.gov...) Preliminary Hubble observations provided surprising results: The nucleus of the comet appeared to be no larger than 3 to 4 miles across. Since the comet was so bright and so active, scientists had assumed the nucleus was larger. Hubble found the dusty coma, or head of the comet, to be around 3,100 miles across and the tail to be more than 57,000 miles long. HST also observed the comet on May 2 and May 7, and produced an upper limit on how fast the comet was producing carbon monoxide. Hubble also released a movie of the comet from May 8, 2013: 1.usa.gov...

June 13, 2013
NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope observed Comet ISON at 310 million miles away from the Sun. The data are still being processed and no results have been announced yet.

July-August 2013
Sometime in late July or early August, the comet will pass what’s called the frost line, some 230 to 280 million miles away from the sun, when it will feel enough radiation from the sun that water will begin to evaporate and the comet will appear brighter. Some comets have broken up upon crossing the frost line.

August-November 2013
Beginning in August, astronomers will be able to observe the comet through ground-based telescopes once again.
From early June through late-August, ISON was almost directly behind the sun as viewed from Earth, and thus could not be observed from the ground.

September 2013
In September, the comet will be visible near dawn in the Southern Hemisphere with binoculars.

Sept. 17-Oct. 15, 2013
Launch window for the Balloon Rapid Response for ISON, or BRRISON. This balloon, which with its payload will be 671 feet tall, taller than the Washington Monument, will launch from NASA’s Scientific Balloon Flight Facility in Fort Sumner, N.M. for a single day, carrying a 2.6-foot telescope and other science equipment. It will soar up to 23 miles above Earth’s surface, where it can observe the comet largely unhindered by Earth’s atmosphere.
BRRISON will observe ISON in the near-infrared, near-ultraviolet and visible wavelength ranges, and will measure the ratio of carbon dioxide to water emissions from the comet. This ratio will be a vital diagnostic of the comet’s origins. These emissions are blocked by Earth’s atmosphere and cannot be measured from the ground.
BRRISON is an unprecedented quick-reaction project to take advantage of the opportunity presented by the discovery of comet ISON, and is the first NASA Planetary Science Division balloon mission to observe a comet.

www.nasa.gov...

edit on 10/24/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: clipped quoted content to an acceptable level

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

cheesy

Yes Tq So much to Bring this Sir..i have that Feeling too,and One Question that make me Always Wonder If I see ISON image..

"AnyOne Know Where Ison Come from? and How This Comet can Come to our Solar system,Is there any Hystory Record Of it? why this Comet Only get to Our Sun if there is So many Star in space..?
some scientist say it will only once, and Ison Will never come back again..so this comet came Very far away From Outer soace unly to visit us? "
thats My Curious..but If this Only one change a Live It Will Great To See it!

Cheesy, you did see the video of "something" taking out one of them falling stars, a small dot of light going into one and coming out after the pop of the meteor? Add link if you like, copy and paste is not my best since working on spelling needs work.

Either we have a space fence WOW, or we do have Help from our little friends out in space protecting us. I used to think people were Zombies; having no clue in peoples feeling only their own. Now I have to say this Feeling is becoming more odd everyday.

If their are records, the Church has them underground! Have you found out about their Ball of doom yet?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Carreau
Quite a few of your questions can be answered by going to Bruce Gary's website and reading all his material he has posted on Comet Ison.

Source

He is an Amateur Observer and does not post unsubstantiated theories. H also has an up to the minute pictures that he takes with his own equipment.

Do Thank You for the link!

Peace

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

We pass through comet tails all the time. Pretty much every meteor shower all of us get so excited to sit outside late at night to catch a glimpse of a streak of light, is the results of a long past comet.

I really don't see how passing through the tail of an object soooooooooooooo much smaller than the earth posing any real threat. ISON doesn't seem to have much in the way of size suggestions on the web, but even if it were miles across Earth would be a semi truck, and ISON a fly on it's windshield. Does bug # do anything to your car? Nope, I bet 99% of the population are not even capable of observing bug #, much like much of the population of earth doesn't get to see the resulting meteor showers left when we pass through a comets tail.

Just saying.

Oh and on the world wanting to get a piece of the space rock that fell to earth in Russia, wouldn't you like to have a piece of it? See it or touch it? If it were in a museum I bet you would stop to take a look too.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I wanna know the samething where did it come from and why is it coming at as,

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The interesting thing to me about it is that mainstream science does not know anything about comets. They are still calling them giant snowballs for christ sake, LOL. They don't understand errr... they won't admit the universe is electric.

Why are they acting so strange? Why is all the equipment failing? Why aren't they discussing the gamma rays? The likely connection between comets and plagues. We are experiencing the highest radiation ever combine that with a cosmic level rainstorm of gamma with the shield failing and the sun waking up and you have many reasons to be concerned. I think it could explode or trigger a CME and that is why they are keeping the data hush hush.

Why else all the equipment failures?

What is the object in the western sky? That's my question.
edit on 23-10-2013 by research3300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

infoseeker26754

cheesy

some scientist say it will only once, and Ison Will never come back again..so this comet came Very far away From Outer soace unly to visit us? "
thats My Curious..but If this Only one change a Live It Will Great To See it!

Cheesy, you did see the video of "something" taking out one of them falling stars, a small dot of light going into one and coming out after the pop of the meteor? Add link if you like, copy and paste is not my best since working on spelling needs work.

Either we have a space fence WOW, or we do have Help from our little friends out in space protecting us. I used to think people were Zombies; having no clue in peoples feeling only their own. Now I have to say this Feeling is becoming more odd everyday.

If their are records, the Church has them underground! Have you found out about their Ball of doom yet?

I dont see it yet may you Show me sir? anything About Ison I like it..

and i like your church conspiracy

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

oz2013
reply to post by cheesy

I wanna know the samething where did it come from and why is it coming at as,

The Only answer is from nasa..they say

10,000 years ago
The comet began its journey from the Oort cloud, a swath of icy objects that orbit far beyond Neptune. This is Comet ISON’s first trip through the inner solar system.

Thats all..but i keep digging from google right now..
and welcome to ATS sir,Your first star is from Indonesia..

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Hijinx

I really don't see how passing through the tail of an object soooooooooooooo much smaller than the earth posing any real threat. ISON doesn't seem to have much in the way of size suggestions on the web, but even if it were miles across Earth would be a semi truck, and ISON a fly on it's windshield. Does bug # do anything to your car? Nope, I bet 99% of the population are not even capable of observing bug #, much like much of the population of earth doesn't get to see the resulting meteor showers left when we pass through a comets tail.

Just saying.

Oh and on the world wanting to get a piece of the space rock that fell to earth in Russia, wouldn't you like to have a piece of it? See it or touch it? If it were in a museum I bet you would stop to take a look too.

Hell Yessssss I would love to have a piece of that rock! Except that Was A large rock and not as small as a fly! Something that sizes at 20,000 mph give or take 1,000 mph at an angle flying through a large city would cause a great deal of damage!

By the way, how do we know it's just an Ice Ball? Its not like man has actually stepped on one, explored one, except using pictures. What do we know of comets? Before computers came along all were just ideas and nothing more. Now that man thinks that having a computer we are able to understand it all. It is still ideas and nothing more, PHD's saying what they think it is and thats it.

History repeating itself over and over. I wonder why?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

research3300
The interesting thing to me about it is that mainstream science does not know anything about comets. They are still calling them giant snowballs for christ sake, LOL. They don't understand errr... they won't admit the universe is electric.

Why are they acting so strange? Why is all the equipment failing? Why aren't they discussing the gamma rays? The likely connection between comets and plagues. We are experiencing the highest radiation ever combine that with a cosmic level rainstorm of gamma with the shield failing and the sun waking up and you have many reasons to be concerned. I think it could explode or trigger a CME and that is why they are keeping the data hush hush.

Why else all the equipment failures?

What is the object in the western sky? That's my question.
edit on 23-10-2013 by research3300 because: (no reason given)

Man thinks he knows everything don't you know? Let's not turn this into Doom Porn, everything has a reason to it! Again even that might not be true!

Maybe the thought of WW3 scarried the crap out of everyone and so some brain person tossed out the idea of a possible strike here or the Sun! Who can really say with a Fact that a comet is made of ice only?

No one wants to hear the truth, nor does anyone with a brain would want to cause any panic! Plain and simple, we would make more of a mess before anything did happen, even if nothing did happen later.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

cheesy

infoseeker26754

cheesy

It was on Fb sometime around sept 17th on that weekend
All it shows is a meteor flying through the sky with some light going towards it, Pop, and the light stays with it afterwards.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

infoseeker26754

cheesy

infoseeker26754

cheesy

It was on Fb sometime around sept 17th on that weekend
All it shows is a meteor flying through the sky with some light going towards it, Pop, and the light stays with it afterwards.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join