It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists are actually Christians....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

EnochWasRight

WarminIndy
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Then I guess we would have to ask ourselves how the ancient writers knew about protons and neutrons, to give a metaphysical lesson.

They must have known, or maybe it is that God inspired it so much that everything in the universe can be understood because God speaks to everything.

The latter is correct. Revelation 13

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e-or of mankind] That number is 666.

The early writers were reporting what God was showing. We now know that Carbon (mark of mankind) has 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons. We know that the breath of God is Nitrogen 777 and Oxygen 888. We also know the significance of those three numbers in the Bible. We also know that the 'fruit of knowledge' is made by transmuting carbon (technology). We know that carbon chokes out the breath and that we will die because of our error. Genesis told us thousands of years ago. The beast is the one we must overcome, which is our selfish nature (animal nature).

2 Timothy 3

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

Mark This! 18 identifiers of selfish (beast / animal nature). That's 6+6+6.

Additionally, Carbon trading is the new currency coming to the world from Europe. When our money system fails, we will see Carbon as the new monetary system. The UN has already laid the ground work through UNESCO and the biosphere reserves. Carbon free zones are our new backing for commerce. Even as it is now, you cannot purchase OIL (Carbon) without the petrol dollar. It's already in place. Do you really think the Federal Reserve does not already have a plan in place for the coming economic collapse?

Revelation 13

15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Deny if you like, but it is obvious if you know what you are reading. I have shown you clearly that it is coming. Do a few simple searches of UNESCO and biosphere reserves in relation to carbon tax and you will see that it is clearly coming. It starts in Germany and spreads throughout the entire world.

Give this thread two years, then come back. You will be singing a different tune.

edit on 23-10-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

Interesting. To comment about the Ancients knowing about subatomic particles, I wouldn't be surprised...
www.smithsonianmag.com...
^I'm sure you know about this but seemed relative...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Aphorism
In the last 20 years, it appears crime has in fact dropped.

The five year trend shown here shows a steep decline in violent crime, with a tiny rise in 2012.

Arguably the result of an aging population and the fact that the US has the highest rate of incarceration in the world. But I think it is naive to think that the US is a safer place today than it was in the 1950s, as I stated earlier.

edit on 23-10-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Look at the Christian posts. Look at the atheist posts. Look at the Christian posts again. Now back to the atheists. Now tell me: are they the same? Or are they very, very different?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

FlyersFan

No. You are complicating it. Belief that Jesus is the Son of God and that He came to save people ... and following his commandment of Love God and Love Neighbor. The rest will follow if those are believed and followed. If you wish to add more requirements to yourself .. go right ahead.

This isn't the thread for that kind of discussion anyways.

But by that definition I could be seen as a christian since I believe all creation including souls are connected to god as a single whole. If you love god then you are automatically indirectly loving all that is. If you love your neighbor then you are automatically indirect loving god.

This is the concept of non duality and exist both in Jesus teaching and in the eastern philosophies.
edit on 23-10-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Jesus being God is a hot point.
Yes. I believe he was telling his disciples that we are ALL children of God, that we ALL have the 'Divine Spark' within us.

Cultural influences can really deter, but also help, in the search of Truth...

Yes, if people live in a culture that welcomes exploration, study, critical and creative thinking, it can (and DOES) turn out much differently from a person living in a culture of "THIS IS THE TRUTH AND DON'T ASK ANY QUESTIONS!" does.

How sad we place relative values for relative labels. But how beautiful it can be too.

I'd like to hear more about your thoughts on this.

edit on 10/23/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

Let the 'Divine Spark' shine on
. Interesting times we live in.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

All this quibbling...ugh. According to the Word, you must believe the Word, the whole Word, and nothing but the Word to be a true Christian. Is that not what Jesus said? I don't remember reading anything about any exceptions.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

All this quibbling...ugh. According to the Word, you must believe the Word, the whole Word, and nothing but the Word to be a true Christian. Is that not what Jesus said? I don't remember reading anything about any exceptions.

I am pretty sure Jesus knew the one single word that he needed to say that explains everything to the person who is ready for it and with reasoning everything can be explained on an higher level.

I believe Paul was not the right successor to Jesus and therefore the message became a lesser thing than it should have been and you can see it by the fruits Christianety as a dogma/garment has had. But this de-evolution of spiritual truths has plagued mankind for a long time.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

That's all beside the point. It isn't difficult to understand what qualifies as being a Christian and what qualifies as merely borrowing from Christianity (and whatever religions Christianity borrowed itself from).

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

EnochWasRight

We are entangled to the end. Change yourself now and change your future.

I agree.

Do you want to discuss why seven is so frequent in revelation and what the seven spirits of God might represent?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

EnochWasRight

I agree.

Do you want to discuss why seven is so frequent in revelation and what the seven spirits of God might represent?

Only if it relates to the thread. It sounds interesting though. Might make a good thread topic.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I agree.

Seven is a prominent value in many things, not just the Bible.

www.betemunah.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That's all beside the point. It isn't difficult to understand what qualifies as being a Christian and what qualifies as merely borrowing from Christianity (and whatever religions Christianity borrowed itself from).

I know you sometimes have a beef with the Christian religion. As a person who can find spiritual information and put it in context from toltec, sikhism, hinduism, buddhism, christianety and even science I am not interested in putting on one religion as gods truth since I can see a pattern how god influenced mankind over a long period of time with spiritual teachers. Especially since information in one religion sometimes clarifies the message in other religions.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

EnochWasRight

LittleByLittle

EnochWasRight

I agree.

Only if it relates to the thread. It sounds interesting though. Might make a good thread topic.

You are right it will derail the thread since it has nothing really with atheism todo.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

EnochWasRight
reply to post by spartacus699

Something I discovered about myself fits into this thought. Wickedness is defined as commitment to intentional evil. It is a willful breaking of the law. Righteousness is being set apart from the need for law. Love conquered the need for governance. There is a third category that can fit both a perceived righteousness and wickedness. It's called self-righteousness. In this case, a person perceives that they are righteous, but in reality, they are embracing the same wickedness as simple unrighteousness. This can fit a Christian or Atheist.

The ideal state of righteousness is to be set apart from the need for reward or punishment. In this case, a person is not negative or positive. They are neutral. This is the cup filled to the brim. An Atheist is as empty as a self-righteous Christian. They are one in the same. Only the humble soul has found salvation apart from judging others. Why? They manifest the fruits of the Spirit, which is a sign of finding salvation in Christ. Christ is the pattern for this nature.

Three thieves hung on the cross. Christ was neutral. The lost thief was belligerent. The saved thief judged the other thief. The saved thief was only saved by His faith in the one that was neutral.

In physics, this is the strong nuclear force. With Hydrogen, we see one Proton (+) and one Electron (-) in perfect balance. When elements are created by the star, the two become one by the work of the neutral. A neutron and proton make up the center of the atom. This is the strong nuclear force and it adheres to invariant symmetry as a law. It is the same no matter how you look at it. All platonic solids are invariant. Turn them any way, but they always look the same. The electron (Weak Force) does not adhere to invariant symmetry. Because of this, it is free. Freedom comes at a cost that the electron borrows from the future. This must be paid. The electron will always be heeled by the strong force and brought back into submission eventually. This is the authority of the Strong force in nature.

The object in life is to become the proton inside the strength of the house.

Father in Hebrew is Aleph (Strength) and Bet (House). The strong house holds the Son (WORD). Son is Bet (House) and Nun (Seed). Aleph Bet (Letters) write the Word (DNA / SON). The Word tells a story to us.

The story has a point. Judge not lest ye be judged. Honor others above self. Love.

no one will ever live an evil or sin free life. Not even Christians. All a christian has done in some respect has bowed and showed honor and reverence to the creator and acknowledge there authority and accepted there rules. By doing that they're helping to assure themselves a place in heaven. I believe there is. Have I seen it, no. But in some dreams I have had I have seen it. All I have are subtle communications from God. I don't hear voices but he speaks to me in different ways. It's hard to explain. One way is my gutt instinct. He uses that to guide my path. And sometimes it's just a weird instinct. Like the other day, I got up. And something told me "get on your knees and pray". And so for a second I thought, well I'll get some coffee brewing first. But then it was like "no don't do anything just pray" and so I did. I'm not sure why but my gutt was telling me to do that at that moment. Or I'll get an idea of something I want to do. Sometimes it's allowed, and nothing holds me back. Other times strange things happen that either hold me back, or modify the plan or idea, or allow it in a really extreme way, far beyond what I had intended. So there's a lot of these things one might chalk up as random circumstances. I don't think it is though. I really think it's God. But ya christians make lots of mistakes. But they're in a mentality that they at least want to try and improve themselves. And good decision making is the basis of a healthy enjoyable comfortable and wealthy life. I know that from experience.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I know you sometimes have a beef with the Christian religion. As a person who can find spiritual information and put it in context from toltec, sikhism, hinduism, buddhism, christianety and even science I am not interested in putting on one religion as gods truth since I can see a pattern how god influenced mankind over a long period of time with spiritual teachers. Especially since information in one religion sometimes clarifies the message in other religions.

That's true even without a "god's truth". I recognize no god, nor intend to recognize any, but most religions and philosophies make at least one excellent point each.
edit on 23-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Being academically minded I read everything before I make a decision, I have read the bible, the Koran, the book of Mormon, the watchtower, books on the occult, books on UFO's, the Egyptian book of the dead, Norse Mythology, Greek Mythology, Dante's Inferno et al ad nauseam ...What this means is I'm not a Christian I am just very well read and I research everything thoroughly before I believe anything, and I lean towards science and proven facts. Most atheists are very well read, how can you make an informed decision if you don't know anything about the belief/ideology/person etc you are opposing?

Peace

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ukania

Most atheists are very well read, how can you make an informed decision if you don't know anything about the belief/ideology/person etc you are opposing?

Three words: Christians and Satan.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

I agree.

Seven is a prominent value in many things, not just the Bible.

www.betemunah.org...

lol. You can find the truth hidden in plain sight in a lot of places. That combination of that page and my perspective was hilarious. Thank you
. We better get back on topic that was: atheists are Christians in denial.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

From my point of view:

Unconscious guiding and probably synchronious events where every thing just works out for some reason. Go with that gut feeling. Some of ous do not get it spelled out in dreams, but just know things or know where to look or get two pieces of information that seem to be completely unrelated but fit perfectly as one single piece of information.

I keep seeing patterns in numbers during the day and have long since lost the belief that things on earth are as random as people think it is.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Reindeer feed, that's funny.

So no Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer for you either....

But can you imagine this, a child growing up hearing about other children getting presents and having Christmas dinner, but knowing that you have a dad who doesn't think you need presents and a mom who can't do anything else. Then growing up to hear people say "Well Santa didn't turn out to be true, so I don't believe in Jesus because Santa wasn't real". That's the difference for me, I didn't need Santa to be real or not real, what I did need was for Jesus to be real. And in my life, I have experienced this myself. To use the non-existence of Santa proves nothing.

Santa doesn't exist in China either. But many people turn to Christ because of a real experience. As children, we can believe anything, including the moon made of cheese and the cow jumps over it. We believe in Peter Pan losing his shadow and feeding Captain Hook to a crocodile. But the message of Jesus to a child is more than just eternal childhood. Even children question why such a good man as Jesus was beaten up and killed by soldiers. They know what goodness is, they just don't know why people are good and bad, even though some children experience the badness.

If children can know good from bad, and know that Jesus was a good person, then they must recognize badness in those people who would do such a thing, they don't question Santa, because they have been told that if they are good, then Santa brings them presents, but no one is trying to kill Santa. But there is no counter-balance in Santa. If they know there is good, then they know there is bad. That's why they grow out of Santa, because of the lack of badness they recognize.

Even children know that good and bad both exist in this world. If they know that the good is fought by the bad, then the struggle becomes real. Even Peter Pan was fought by Captain Hook. But children laugh at the exploits of Peter Pan without knowing the moral lesson that Peter Pan represents eternal youth. They cheer for Peter Pan, because they want the good guy to win. But as they see Jesus as a good person, who doesn't seem to win, they then cheer for Jesus to win, but then seeing it was other men who killed Jesus, and not a cartoon character, they can't laugh, because men are real. And if men are real, then good and bad are real also.

When I was very young, my parents took us to see Jesus Christ Superstar, but the movie had profound meaning to me, even as a child. I didn't know then why the prostitutes were being sold, but that scene is what I remembered. As a child I knew there were good and bad people, but Jesus was good. That's what spoke to me most in my life, was that movie. It wasn't the preacher, it wasn't my parents, it was the message that Jesus was the good guy that did love me too. I learned this as a young child. Good and bad are part of the human experience. But if the good guy can love me too, then the bad isn't so hard to deal with.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join