It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists are actually Christians....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

If you are talking about Richard Dawkins, on the other hand, I completely agree with you - in fact, after reading his book, I wrote him an e-mail chastising him on that very subject.

His whole book was spent rambling on and on about how Christianity didn't exist, but every single example he used only served to show that it did exist and was being followed. Not a waste of time to read, but it was really frustrating.
edit on 23-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

FlyersFan

spartacus699
Well when I watch some of the videos on youtube about atheists, most are very bitter, angry, resentful, and spiteful.

Ever read a Jack Chick tract or talk to Christian fundamentalists who buy into them? They are all very bitter, angry, resentful and spiteful as well. Also they are judgmental and uneducated about what others believe and self righteous and _______ (fill in just about any negative comment you want).

There are angry people everywhere. So what?

I have read Jack Chick tracts, they make me laugh. I think only a few denominations really espouse Jack Chick. Some people think I am a fundamentalist, the only issue I have is when people don't know what the Bible says and repeat something they heard from someone else who heard if from someone else who heard about it on some program and then read about it on some website. They never actually read what the Bible has to say, they just take it face value.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

That's true, I've witnessed many catholics who swear they are true to their faith yet they have sex before marriage, blasphemy etc, they do lots that is forbidden in their faith.

It's like they pick and mix the parts that suit them and still call themselves true catholics.

Doesn't make sense

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

we're just discussing a subject. So what does that make you nervous? People in denial get irritated, upset, defensive, aggitated when confronted with the truth of their denial.

I have to get to bed. bye
edit on 23-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

You know what the problem is - yes, these Christians are all very bitter, spiteful and hateful people - but the problem is, for example, my situation - I am still not able to escape to freedom from the B.S. - it would be nice to laugh about it, but at the moment, I'm not in a position where I can.

That would require being able to support myself, but my parents have been so controlling that I haven't had much of a chance to get out and think for myself, and it would require being able to make a new social network and deal with all of the anxiety and illogical thinking that's been forced on me, stuff like that.

I'm telling you, I'm trying, but I haven't succeeded yet.

But yeah, I guess that is one reason Dawkins annoyed me, by not acknowledging that religion exists regardless of whether or not God exists, he then basically opens the door to atheists bashing people like me who haven't had the chance to escape and would like to.

He basically started this Atheist Prick movement that is actually counter-productive towards getting people like me out.
edit on 23-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by benrl

That would be our household. My kids have never been to church. We do however celebrate Christmas and Easter . We don't consider these days holy in any way. It's Christmas trees and presents and colored eggs and chocolate. Not the birth or death of a savior. I am not considering Christ on these days.

What is your opinion on the commercialization of Samhain?

I am a Christian (but not Orthodox) and do not celebrate Samhain as I regard it as a holy day for another religion. So no, I do not hang Halloween decorations up and I don't pass out candy and I don't dress up in a costume. To me, it's a different religious holiday and I don't celebrate Ramadan or Chinese New Year either.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Prezbo369
Or maybe this is just another Christian complaining because their faith is no longer unquestionable.

Yeah we all wish that was the case, but in fact I think things have polarized so that Christians are getting more and more radicalized and in the places that do fall under their jurisdiction there is actually less questioning allowed.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I'm a Christian, I was an atheist.

I am not a Christian because of my degree in theology or education, I am not a Christian because it makes logic sense, I'm am not a Christian because someone's derisive argument won me over.

I am a Christian because I experienced direct intervention in my life that I could only explain as divine.

It was after that that I found context for all that knowledge I gained while I was seeking to "save" people from the horrors of organized religion during my atheist days.

The questions I had for Christianity only strengthened my faith not weakened it, in seeking the answers I found clarity.

I'll turn that question around, why do you need to dismiss the atheist view point with false assumptions?

How are you on answering the hard questions atheist pose? It seems you need an out to dismiss those questions.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Darkbake, I am not sure what you are trying to escape. You have in your profile your Tarot card readings and philosophy so you must have been able to think on your own in some ways.

What are you trying to escape?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

benrl

I'm a Christian, I was an atheist.

I am not a Christian because of my degree in theology or education, I am not a Christian because it makes logic sense, I'm am not a Christian because someone's derisive argument won me over.

I am a Christian because I experienced direct intervention in my life that I could only explain as divine.

It was after that that I found context for all that knowledge I gained while I was seeking to "save" people from the horrors of organized religion during my atheist days.

The questions I had for Christianity only strengthened my faith not weakened it, in seeking the answers I found clarity.

I'll turn that question around, why do you need to dismiss the atheist view point with false assumptions?

How are you on answering the hard questions atheist pose? It seems you need an out to dismiss those questions.

If you only knew how many Christians I have had to discuss Christianity with..and the questions they pose to other Christians are just as hard, sometimes silly and some downright baseless.

For instance, the concept of when the proper time to baptize is. Some say it has to be right now, some say it can be any time and some say for babies, then others say not for babies...Oy vay, the arguments go on and on.

The way I see it is this, whatever your Christian teaching says, follow it. If you have a problem with a particular, then don't follow it. I have been invited to many different types of churches and have gone to some, you know I believe in the fellowship with other Christians, but have had to leave churches because something they said just didn't sit right with me. But until the other people in those churches question the teaching, then they will remain.

I just say whatever you believe, live it the best way you know how to do. If something is wrong, fix it. But don't ever expect someone else to fix what is not wrong in theirs. Sometimes churches, as all religions have, are led by people who don't know better or just want things to remain status quo. But the core fundamental teaching of Christianity is the same, the particulars and incidentals are what is different.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Lady_Tuatha

That's true, I've witnessed many catholics who swear they are true to their faith yet they have sex before marriage, blasphemy etc, they do lots that is forbidden in their faith.

It's like they pick and mix the parts that suit them and still call themselves true catholics.

Doesn't make sense

The reason for that is because they aren't really believers to begin with, they are merely self-identifiers with a label of Catholic. That's all.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

spartacus699
reply to post by benrl

Nothing to do with getting totally rinsed on here for being wrong?

*Inserts rolling eyes*
edit on 23/10/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Something I discovered about myself fits into this thought. Wickedness is defined as commitment to intentional evil. It is a willful breaking of the law. Righteousness is being set apart from the need for law. Love conquered the need for governance. There is a third category that can fit both a perceived righteousness and wickedness. It's called self-righteousness. In this case, a person perceives that they are righteous, but in reality, they are embracing the same wickedness as simple unrighteousness. This can fit a Christian or Atheist.

The ideal state of righteousness is to be set apart from the need for reward or punishment. In this case, a person is not negative or positive. They are neutral. This is the cup filled to the brim. An Atheist is as empty as a self-righteous Christian. They are one in the same. Only the humble soul has found salvation apart from judging others. Why? They manifest the fruits of the Spirit, which is a sign of finding salvation in Christ. Christ is the pattern for this nature.

Three thieves hung on the cross. Christ was neutral. The lost thief was belligerent. The saved thief judged the other thief. The saved thief was only saved by His faith in the one that was neutral.

In physics, this is the strong nuclear force. With Hydrogen, we see one Proton (+) and one Electron (-) in perfect balance. When elements are created by the star, the two become one by the work of the neutral. A neutron and proton make up the center of the atom. This is the strong nuclear force and it adheres to invariant symmetry as a law. It is the same no matter how you look at it. All platonic solids are invariant. Turn them any way, but they always look the same. The electron (Weak Force) does not adhere to invariant symmetry. Because of this, it is free. Freedom comes at a cost that the electron borrows from the future. This must be paid. The electron will always be heeled by the strong force and brought back into submission eventually. This is the authority of the Strong force in nature.

The object in life is to become the proton inside the strength of the house.

Father in Hebrew is Aleph (Strength) and Bet (House). The strong house holds the Son (WORD). Son is Bet (House) and Nun (Seed). Aleph Bet (Letters) write the Word (DNA / SON). The Word tells a story to us.

The story has a point. Judge not lest ye be judged. Honor others above self. Love.

edit on 23-10-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

OpenEars123

spartacus699
reply to post by benrl

Nothing to do with getting totally rinsed on here for being wrong?

*Inserts rolling eyes*

And who is going to do the rinsing? So far no one has argued vehemently, it's all just about opinion so far. Did you come here expecting to be the one who does the rinsing?

If that's the case, then I suppose ignoring you would probably be the best course of action. So far, there has not been a fight, just a few early morning stretching exercises.

My opinion is this...as philosophies teach many things, and logic and reason are the order of the day...why has there been no philosophy that has ever said how many spoons of coffee grounds make the best coffee? I have been up since 6:30 this morning and just now making coffee. Perhaps you can teach us practical things about philosophy.

Morning coffee has become a philosophy all its own, so what do you suggest would make my life easier in making my early morning coffee. How many spoons do you suggest and what brand is the best and why?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Maybe you should have asked what 'my' interpretation of rinsing meant before jumping on the defensive?

What I meant is that he has failed to come up with a good rebuttal to anyone's opinion and questions on here.

The OP is moot, and everyone can see it on here. Except you.

ETA - As for the coffee reference, maybe you should have another cup before posting.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Then I guess we would have to ask ourselves how the ancient writers knew about protons and neutrons, to give a metaphysical lesson.

They must have known, or maybe it is that God inspired it so much that everything in the universe can be understood because God speaks to everything.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

He did say in the first sentence is that it was his theory. He didn't say that is how it is, just that it was his theory. Who cares about rebuttal to a theory if it is merely opinion.

That's like saying "red is better and here is why..." and then advertise and promote red things. He gave an opinion based on an experience, nothing more. Everyone else also gave an opinion based on their experiences as well.

And maybe the guy was up all night commenting on ATS, who knows why he needs to now go to bed. We don't what's going on in his life right now. Who cares why he needs to go to bed now, you are the only one who had an issue with it.

So then, tell me how many spoons, what brand and why?

It's all about opinion, my theory is this, if I make my coffee with three and a half spoons it seems weak, but with four and half it seems strong. I need to learn to balance the spoons to make good coffee, but if the coffee is the wrong brand it doesn't matter how many spoons.

Do you see now how it relates to religion and philosophy?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

EnochWasRight
In physics, this is the strong nuclear force. With Hydrogen, we see one Proton (+) and one Electron (-) in perfect balance. When elements are created by the star, the two become one by the work of the neutral. A neutron and proton make up the center of the atom. This is the strong nuclear force and it adheres to invariant symmetry as a law. It is the same no matter how you look at it. All platonic solids are invariant. Turn them any way, but they always look the same. The electron (Weak Force) does not adhere to invariant symmetry. Because of this, it is free. Freedom comes at a cost that the electron borrows from the future. This must be paid. The electron will always be heeled by the strong force and brought back into submission eventually. This is the authority of the Strong force in nature.

The object in life is to become the proton inside the strength of the house.

Very interesting. I always find your writings to be so. In this example, the neutron is represented by Christ, I imagine that humans, having free will, are electrons. The strong force is... God? What then are protons, and what is the house? Why is this the object? How can the electron borrow from the future if time is an illusion and only the present ever exists?

EnochWasRightThe story has a point. Judge not lest ye be judged. Honor others above self. Love.

If God is infinite, then God cannot be many, for manyness is a finite concept. To have infinity, you must have unity. Ipso facto, we are One with God. There are no others. You have seen simple examples of unity. You have seen the prism which shows all colors stemming from the sunlight. This is a simplistic example of unity. The Light becomes shattered into many different colors. This distortion is not in any case necessary. It is chosen by each of you as an alternative to understanding the complete unity of thought which binds all things.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
[more

Oh dear....

Yes I replied 'nicely like a morning stretch' to him with regards to his theory. It was when he was accusing people of being in denial that I made my 2nd post (that you felt you had to jump on)

With regards to the coffee and brand nonsense, maybe you should go chat with someone about that on a consumers website.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

And what is so funny, they quote Richard Dawkins word for word, it's like they could not even process the argument themselves, they have to think like Dawkins told them to. Otherwise, they wouldn't quote word for word.

LOL!! Hiya, Indy. Interesting thoughts. Again with the "only Christians" being 'persecuted' and 'attacked.' It's not true.

At least you make posts that are worthwhile reading (if misguided; atheists don't believe in ANY God, like you said, they "simply never believed."), rather than just QUOTING THE BIBLE.

How is making posts filled with verse after verse copied/pasted from some online Bible (or by memory) ANY DIFFERENT than quoting Richard Dawkins?

Then you ask, "What did Jesus do to you?"
And that's where your thinking going awry. It's not what "Jesus" did to ANYONE that is the issue; it is all the shame, self-loathing, worthlessness, and other psychological and emotional abuse that IS DONE, EVERY DAY - to people gullible enough to believe some frocked man (or skinny-jeans 'cool' pastor) above their own intelligence, curiosity, and pain.

Sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join