It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple's got it wrapped up for Christmas! iPad Air is TWICE as fast, 20% thinner, weighs just 1lb an

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Apple's got it wrapped up for Christmas! iPad Air is TWICE as fast, 20% thinner, weighs just 1lb and comes with a Retina display

Apple launched iPad Air - thinner, lighter, more powerful than before
Costs from $499 for 16GB in US and from £399 in UK from November
New iPad Mini has high resolution 7.9inch Retina display and new A7 chip
Costs from $399 in US and £319 in UK and will be on sale 'later next month'
Apple also revealed the latest version of its Mac OS X software
Free to all Mac users and claims to give laptops extra hour of battery life
Faster and more powerful cylindrical Mac Pro was unveiled for $2,299
This will be the first Apple machine to be assembled in the US
Nokia also launched first 10.1-inch Lumia 2025 tablet at event earlier today
Launch comes the day Microsoft's Surface 2 and Surface 2 Pro go on sale
Tablets will compete against Amazon, Tesco and Argos in Christmas sales

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Why do Apple keep coming out with new IPhones and Pads every other month, whe I have been waiting for over a month for a refund of £14 they took from my account for an ICloud storage I never ordered!
Yesterday I told them I would take them to the small claims court if they didn't take action which seemed to get them to sort it finally!
Still waiting

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
It's sad to know that all the blind sheeple will be flocking to buy this piece of crap that has a CRIMINAL MARK UP PRICE.

I do respect 'each to their own' but Crapple will never get a penny out of me.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Let me know when tablets are just as good under the hood as my desktop, if not better, and then I might be impressed enough to pay the same price for it. Til then, jesus, my NETBOOK has more horsepower in it for half the cost.

Edit: Not knocking those who own them, but it's just such a freakin' rip-off for what it is.
edit on 10/23/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Ok so I use an iPhone 5 (forget all the 'they can track you' rubbish) I use an iPhone because I find them easy to use and they of everything I need it too
Also I mainly use my phone to access the net I don't own a PC/lap top. But when families ate struggling to eat and keep a home most of us don't have the money. I can tell you one thing I don't gave £400 to spend on someone hell I don't have £400 to spend on myself

These sort of new gadgets getting released annoys as much as new Mercedes/Lexus/BMW adverts 'come buy this new car it only costs £50,000'

Yes because we all have money just to throw away these days

Rant over lol

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
it just getting better and better, what do we expect really ?

i know there experts out there that can explain it better then me but like every 4 years electronics get better and better so the commercial products are going to better and better

i can't wait until the full stand up size Augmented Reality IOS screen

people will be thinking im crazy swiping my hands in the air, etc lol

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Is this advertisement or what?

Really? Whats the point of this thread?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Senduko
Is this advertisement or what?

Really? Whats the point of this thread?

I was thinking the same thing.
Some iTard at the very least wrote this(if not an actual apple employee)...at worst, it is actually written by the soul of Steve Jobs that was uploaded to the internet upon his death.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

scotsdavy1

Why do Apple keep coming out with new IPhones and Pads every other month, whe I have been waiting for over a month for a refund of £14 they took from my account for an ICloud storage I never ordered!
Yesterday I told them I would take them to the small claims court if they didn't take action which seemed to get them to sort it finally!
Still waiting

So you thought the very best way to get back at them was by creating a thread advertising their new product on a conspiracy based web-site?

Way to stick it to them. They must be crying salty, bitter tears of despair.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Heh Apple. Samsung is about to leave Apple in the dust.

While Apple keeps releasing the same product over and over again, Samsung is pushing the mobile phone limits by creating flexible screens, watch phones, super thin devices, and more. No wonder Apple tried to sue Samsung over the smart phone patent. They have zero originality and it would only be a matter of time before people forgot about them.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

scotsdavy1
Why do Apple keep coming out with new IPhones and Pads every other month

Because people are dumb enough to buy them. $$$$$
I'm not going to look into the technical specs of this new thing, but for everything else Apple makes, there's something better and for less cost.
It's just overpriced junk.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

trollz

Because people are dumb enough to buy them. $$$$$
I'm not going to look into the technical specs of this new thing, but for everything else Apple makes, there's something better and for less cost.
It's just overpriced junk.

What? I heart the apples. I love paying five times more for the little logo so when people see me at the coffee shop they'll know I'm cool and hip.

Now if only they'd make an iPad small enough I can squeeze into the front pocket of my purple skin tight tapered hipster jeans.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I remember a few years ago when everyone in the office was swapping songs via bluetooth. The boss came in with his iphone and was unable to recieve a song the same way whilst someone with a 30pound phone could. We all laughed at the 500pound iphone muppet.
It goes to show where human kind is heading,muppets putting image before the substance of fellow humans. I think you call it Calafornication.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Would you even buy a laptop ever again, or is this the end all device? Is this the best tablet on the market?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Why can't iPhones using Blutooth be able to find other iPhones or IPads ? I have tried different models and none seem to work. The Blutooth work on other cellphones as far as I know, but not iPhone to iPhone ....

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It always cracks me up to see everyone rag on apple. Seriously--don't buy it if you don't want to, but those of us who prefer Apple are not idiots or some sort of apple sheep. We just found a brand of products that works the way we want it to.

My last pre-Apple laptop was terrible. It was prone to viruses, would freeze up, and kept slowing down so much that I could not use it. We finally just threw it away. It only lasted for a couple of years. We had trouble with the battery, the cord, and the hard drive over those 2 years. It was an HP.

Why do I love Apple?

*my phone, iPad, and laptop all work together flawlessly.
*the laptop I purchased 4 years ago still works great.
*the products hold their value. I have been able to sell used products for a surprising amount of money.

I could go on, but I'll stop. I know I won't convince the haters, and am sure someone will be along to make fun of me, but I want everyone to think about WHY you put so much effort into ragging on Apple and people who prefer their products. What does that say about YOU?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

I just came to contribute to this advertisement by saying.....Who G A F?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
No thank you Apple.

You can keep your sub par hardware and your sub par software to yourselves. There's literally no actual way that the price of that unit costs them the 700$ they retail them for. Not one bit.

About 500$ of the price, is so you can see the Apple logo on it. It's really sad what people are willing to pay to feel part of the crowd.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
No thank you Apple.

It's really sad what people are willing to pay to feel part of the crowd.

~Tenth

I believe you made my point for me. What does it say about YOU that you assume the only reason someone could like Apple is to feel a part of the crowd? Seriously.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Because you purchased the item for the BRAND NAME. If somebody other than Apple came out with an identical product, you wouldn't buy it would you?

Probably not, because it doesn't have the shiny apple logo. It's not because the item is more functional than another, or keeps it's value, because the value isn't determined by the quality of the product itself, but by the fact that they are mainstream and popular among a lot of people.

Apple runs a very clever monopoly on their products that makes them filthy rich, at the same time never really needing to create anything innovative or worth while.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Saying that buying a particular brand is somehow "bad" is ridiculous.

I also buy my ketchup and hot dogs by brand. Because I prefer the flavor of those brands.

I bought a certain brand of dishwasher because Consumer Reports rated it highly. The same with my brand of vacuum.

I purchased something with a brand name, yes. Because in my personal experience it WORKS in a superior fashion to other products I have tried. The iPhone wasn't my first phone, nor was the MacBook my first laptop.

Also, I'm invested in the Apple ecosystem. I like that when I upgrade equipment, I type in my Apple ID and EVERYTHING is just like I want it. My music. My photos. My apps. It would take a lot to get me to switch now. But I also have no reason to switch.

Feel free to NOT buy Apple. But to make a blanket judgment about those of us that do is very condescending.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join