It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the WORST PAIN you've ever felt???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Worst pain ever: I had a heart attack in early July, 100% blockage of my L.A.D., (they call this type of attack the "Widow Maker") 7 hour heart attack. When I finally drove myself to the ER I was quickly whisked to the cath lab for emergency angioplasty and stent. All of this was bad but the real pain hadn't yet started. After pulling out the filament from the port they had inserted into my hip/groin area, the cath lab tech told me in no uncertain terms that I was about experience something "akin to having a testicle ripped off." Apparently the sheath that houses the port they had inserted is flared so that it goes in easily but doesn't like to come out. Considering myself fairly tough, I laughed and said no problem just get it over with. His description was appropriate, right down to the sickened abdominal feeling. I was in back arched, teeth grinding, fists clenched, moaning, groaning, yelling misery. "You done yet?" "We're about halfway there." As I type this the area started throbbing with a dull ache.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Sparky63
The most traumatic thing was having my 4 year old daughters face ripped off by the neighbors Rottweiler.
When I got to the emergency room I saw that part of her scalp, her whole forehead to down below her eyes was torn off. Her nose was almost torn off and her bottom lip was shredded.
I will never get that image out of my head. Fortunately the best plastic surgeon in the area was on call that day and did a wonderful job patching her up. She is 17 now and beautiful. She still has some prominent scars but they continue to fade as she gets older.

I remember after she came home from the hospital walking in the bathroom and seeing her looking in the mirror crying and saying, "I will never be pretty". My heart broke that day, and I am tearing up as I write this.

edit on 10/22/2013 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

O MY GOD!! So sorry to hear that!!! I can't imagine!!!! Was that by chance on the news at the time. For some reason, your story sounds familiar to me??? I'm glad she's better now👍

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Physical pains... Broken arm that had to be set... I screamed like a little woman while the doc squeezed the bones back together..

2nd most pain - physical: 2nd degree burns on my leg due to boiling water... I wanted to die.

Lessons learned - I'm not in Xanadu & drunken ramen isn't worth it...

Thanks again Spartacus699 for bringing up memories from long ago....and last month.

S&F

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Two dry sockets after wisdom teeth extractions. Didn't make sense. Was not a smoker at the time, was not using a straw. Pain brought me to tears. Was awake from early in the am, didn't sleep for nearly 24 hours due to the pain then went back to the dentist to be stuffed full of clove gauze.. Horrible mind numbing pain that spread from the top of my head to the bottom of my throat. Referred horrible pain. Probably nothing like a kidney stone though.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

cavtrooper7
I had some polyps removed from my sinus cavity in 2011 with surgery at the VA and be cause I have COPD I breath EXTREMELY shollowly when I sleep.So they wouldn't give me pain killers until my oxygen saturation would rise and stop setting off the alarm,which I would normally do and require oxygen to sleep.
I woke up and it felt like an axe had penetrated my face,my wife said I was gray for a while.

O no!!!! This is not news I wanted to hear!!! I thought they knocked you out before they did this??? Now I'm nervous......

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I can confirm. It's been a year since my last episode. Either they will begin again soon, or they are gone.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Lets see I've had countless tooth infections (abscess), 28 teeth pulled in one sitting, A perforated ulcer in my stomach leading to emergency surgery a fasciotomy on my left leg from bad fall once again emergency surgery taking more than 1/2 my calf muscle..PAIN is temporary I have forgotten how BAD all those felt after awhile..BUT emotional pain can seem to linger on for a lifetime..funny how that works.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

I feel very strongly that we are being royally screwed when it comes to the illegality of some things.

I have never had such an amazing and intense internal therapeutical session as I did last time.

Anywho, it also appears as if they hold the key to understanding the paranormal.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I suppose my worst pain was getting in a car wreck, although by the grace of g_d, I don't remember it. They tell me I was awake for most of the extraction. The close second to that would be the chest tube they had to insert for a collapsed lung and internal bleeding.

I will note that I tend to get migraine headaches. That is the only pain that makes me wish I could poke myself with an ice pick.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
kidney stone..not fun, most disabled i,ve ever been in my life. i woke up at 6 am with the worst pain ever experienced, sweating throbbing knife in the side pain, sick to my stomache..seriously thought i was having a burst appendix or heart attack. couldnt even sit in the er..just stumbled around till they hit with some delicious morphine..lol.
they scanned me and turned out it was a 4mm stone that was leaving my kidneys, they said i would pass..4mm..i dont like the math here..lol but that was it they sent me on my way.
i read up on things to help pass stones and came up with lots of unsweetened grapefruit juice and pure lemon juice..as far as i know it worked to dissolve the stone because i have never passed it to my knowledge..i would remember for sure..lol

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

etombo
Two dry sockets after wisdom teeth extractions. Didn't make sense. Was not a smoker at the time, was not using a straw. Pain brought me to tears. Was awake from early in the am, didn't sleep for nearly 24 hours due to the pain then went back to the dentist to be stuffed full of clove gauze.. Horrible mind numbing pain that spread from the top of my head to the bottom of my throat. Referred horrible pain. Probably nothing like a kidney stone though.

Yes! I too developed a case of dry socket. When I went to get mine stuffed, the dentist asked me if I could manage without any laughing gas so that we didn't have to wait for him to call in a nurse. Being an ignorant idiot about what I was in for, I said I could. It was like having a red, hot wire shoved into my face getting that thing packed. I don't know how I held still for it.

The only thing that comes close physically would be that I developed chronic migraine, and I have spent hours lying in the dark with my head pounding in excrutiating, throbbing please-let-me-die now pain. It's at once less intense but more frustrating and in its own way just as painful as the one above because it goes on for days on end once it gets started and all you can do is wait it out.

Emotionally, it's a toss up between the day I said good-bye to my grandmother after her fatal heart attack (it took her a while to pass away; they knew she was going to die but it took a few days and she was thankfully lucid and able to say her good-byes and be comfortable), and the entire year I was systematically bullied by my charming classmates as a third grader.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I would also add my latest bout with the doctors. Had a terrible head cold that lingered about a month. Well the illness finally went away and was replaced with a SEVERE sore throat. I mean my damn throat hurt so bad I couldn't sleep.

I moped around like most men do (like a baby) for a couple of days. Then I started coughing blood. So I go to the ER immediately and was told I have a necrotic tonsil. After a bit of research I learned "necrotic tonsil" = cancer.
So I go to the Ear, Nose and Throat Doctor who gave me antibiotics, painkillers (which I still haven't filled), and tells me to wait two weeks.

It was an ulcer on my tonsil. Like a canker sore. It hurt INCREDIBLY BAD. My entire throat was swollen on the right side. Lymph nodes were going haywire. All is well, but for awhile I was thinking about Breaking Bad. Like literally. I figured I was gonna die for good this time.

It gets "real" when doctors start talking chemo and junk. And basically tells you that throat cancer is especially deadly, plus its extremely close to the brain, plus if it has spread anywhere else the mortality rates goes up drastically.

This doctor had zero bedside manner, but I appreciated his bluntness.
edit on 22-10-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Death of a loved one.
Then I've had kidney stones. Twice. Horrid, but I have had something called cerous bacteria.
It's a form of dysentery that attacks the colon . Days of it. Like five. I was in the fetal position on my bathroom floor a few nights.
The doctor said I should have been hospitalized and I could have died.
The pain is allegedly much worse than labor pains.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

brandiwine14
Giving birth sucked, like really sucked I felt like I was going to die. Waves of pain through my back and stomach. Comes on slowly though and there are moments of clear thought.

I thought at the time that it would be the most painful thing I ever experienced. I was wrong.

An abscessed tooth was by far the worst pain, like a never ending freight train driving through my skull, couldn't think straight, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep. Truly the worst, the absolute worst pain ever.

Those were my most painful moments also. Baby 1, no anesthesia, big mistake, hubs hands were bleeding from my fingernails digging into them, baby 2, easy delivery, definitely drugs, baby 3, after 18 hours of labor, they decided he was too big to come out. I'm only 4'10, 95 lbs. he was born 10 lbs by c section...carrying him towards the end, SUCKED!!! Baby 4, complications, he was half stuck in the canal, face up, another c section, they pumped me like an accordion, while blood gushed out of me every time, I was feeling lighter and lighter, I felt like I was dying & didn't care...blood levels down to .5, blood transfusions, took me months to join the living again!!! I feel as you. An abscessed tooth is up there with hard labor without drugs!!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I have been stabbed, and broken many bones, but there is a pain far greater. The worst pain I ever endured was when I had a molar pulled and developed dry socket that got infected and had to be cleaned out. They had to spray water (freezing ass cold!) in the socket at high pressure. It was directly on the jawbone and nerve, and was so intense that I nearly passed out several times. I was shaking violently afterwords, I will never forget that special hell.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I and my hubby and my two girls hae been in pain every day since birth due to Ehlers Danlos syndrome. In fact as I am writing this at 5am in the morning I have had ot give my eldest a full body massage due to whole body pain.

But we have got used to it now, that it really only affects us when we are tired or stressed.

Childbirth was painless compared to Acute Intermittent Porhyria pain. Worse than any pain I have ever had. I have had it about 15 times since my teens.
It starts with your abdomen going hard, if I don't get two teaspoons of sugar it will continue to an ache in the tummy area. Then it feels like a band of shearing pain all around the lower rib area. You bend double and you wish you could die. You start shaking and sweating so bad your clothes became wet. Next you vomit and grind your teeth and you can't even take painkillers as most of them set the Porphyria off.

If you have made it this far and the sugar works, you know that the next two weeks you will be tired and bloat due to urine retention, (more pain) and it causes potassium inbalance so that you get tachycardia. I hate this bit.

And there is no cure and it takes decades to diagnose. Most Drs think you are a hypochrondriac, even though I have been hospitalised a few times and even been jaundiced.

Weirdly I have broken several bones and had almost no pain for several days.

The worst thing is my eldest has it too. I am an empath and I can't shut out other people's pain. I was in shock when my hubby fractured his foot with a Liz Franc fracture (that was the worst pain he and I ever had together.)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The worst emotional pain, which is far worse than all the physical ish because it never truly goes away, wasn't the moment my wife told me she wanted a divorce, though that was close. It was our dinner that night. We chose to eat as a family at the table (we should have been doing that all along). At dinner I had to tell the kids I was leaving. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. I didn't think I could do it. I had to excuse myself to go cry twice.

And still, to this day nearly five years later, it makes me tear up thinking about it. I will never be the same. It has detrimentally affected any and all relationships I may have with women. Worse yet, it has affected my three children in ways I shudder to think about. My own mother and father divorced, but I was too young to remember the ordeal. My kids were plenty old enough. They will carry it always and it makes me feel like a failure. Regardless of who was at fault for what I was in love and I screwed it all up somehow.

Now I am an ass.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
So many horror stories we share. I don't think I want to ever experience kidney stones or disentery though!!!! I haven't broken any bones, so I have nothing to compare, but when my 12 yr old broke his arm, for the second time, same arm, at school, he was white as a sheet, & almost passed out. The way it broke, it was within millimeters of popping out of the skin. When he showed it to me, I had to sit down, I felt like I was gonna pass out or be sick! I'm glad we are here in this present moment to share stories. I'm learning a lot. Though not happy about the polyp story I have to look forward to now!! I really thought they put you under for that???? S&f o/p....👍

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Jesus.... That must have been horrific. I'm so glad she's fine

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The weekend just gone I walked the 100km Walk for OXFAM.

100km we walked in 28hrs, no sleep.
I had blisters all over my feet and I got them at the 60km mark.

the below blister is the worst

the last 10km of this walk was torture. was it the worst pain? hard to tell. When I was young I broke my right leg twice, my arm 3 times, my wrist twice (one a compound) and as a child I was attacked by a dog and had my face mauled.. all painful, but i cant remember it much.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join