It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the WORST PAIN you've ever felt???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
What's the WORST PAIN you've ever felt in your entire life. Either physically or emotionally???

I had 2 kidney stone attacks. One at age 18 one at age 24. The pain comes on very very slowly in an area about 3 inches above your upper leg. So almost on your belly. But off to the left side.

It builds and builds over the next 2 hrs lets say. But that time you're rolling on the floor in pain. You feel like you're gonna die. They say it's worse than giving birth. (not that guys would have any idea but... that's just what they say)

Both times the intense pain lasted about 3-5 hrs. Then both times the stone was passed and the pain then rapidly goes away. Like within about 15 minutes you're back to normal.

That was the worse physical pain I've ever been in. Emotional pain, when i was 12, my parents told us kids that they are getting a divorce and my mom was moving about 2000 km's away to another city. I was in such emotional pain that I thought I was gonna die, as I felt I was being abandon by my mother.

Then I broke my arm once that was pretty bad, and a couple crushes in jr high and high school. All were very painful. Emotional pain I can handle now but I think it couldn't hurt to try and get some T3's and keep them in the medicine chest for emergencies. Cuz life has real pain from time to time.

(this is a good demo of what it's like to have a kidney stone. It's so painful that eventually you collapse from it. It's really that bad. Ouch!)

.....hmmm what doesn't kill you makes you stronger??? ha ha

edit on 22-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I've had kidney stones twice as well (age 20 and age 22), that is definitely the most physical pain I've been in. I was rolling and squirming on the floor, asking my mom to kill me. Furthermore, you are right, when women were surveyed who've had kidneys and given birth, they rated kidney stones as more painful about 2/3 of the time. As men have longer ureters, we have to endure the pain for a bit longer than women, until the stone passes. Lastly, I've heard kidney stones are the 2nd most painful (toothache being 1st) sensation a human being could naturally feel.

As for emotional pain, the ending of relationships are always hard. However, not telling someone how you feel or holding grudges and having regrets afterwards is worse. You never know what could happen, you may never get to express your true feelings.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
toothache ,paper cut

man flu ,oh wait biteing my nails to far

but on a moire serious note

nearly losing my daughter at birth was one and nearly losing my dad to cancer

other than that they do say no sense no feeling

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I think pain is actually really good for people in a lot of ways. I remember this one time business was booming, I was dating this girl who was to die for, it's like I could do NO WRONG! It was an amazing crazy time of my life. But honestly because things were so damn easy life actually felt really boring and pointless. Because there's nothing exercising your fight or flight mechinisms. So it's easy to feel like there's not much purpose or meaning to life. After my business felt apart soon I started to feel the pain and I sort of came back to life! It was very weird, cuz things were all of a sudden a struggle. (oh and the hot girl took off when the shtf, damn fairweather friends! arrhhh!)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

That's easy...heartbreak as a teenager.

Probably even worse a feeling than raging toothache that needed a root canal.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Well I'm sure mine doesn't compare to kidney stones, but, the worst physical pain I've ever been in is when I tore most of the ligaments in my right ankle. I was skateboarding and caught a trick too far up the board, so that my right foot was pretty much half on, half off. When I landed, it went straight under the front kick and I went straight to the ground.

It's the only time I haven't been able to reply to my friends to tell them that I was okay, I literally couldn't find the energy to talk, 100% of my concentration was focused on the searing pain in my ankle. I was on crutches for about 2 weeks and had a bit of a limp for a further week or so after that.

I've broken my hand, a toe and a rib and have had countless bruises, sprains and strains, but none of them even compare to what tearing ligaments was like. They were painful, but they didn't made me curl up in a ball for 10 - 15 minutes like the ligaments did.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I got kicked in the balls so hard I could barely catch a breath.
I just layed there on the pavement for a long time.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I hate pain, especially canary yellow. It doesnt go with anything.

Hurts my ears.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Worse physical pain would be labor/giving birth without anesthesia, BIG MISTAKE!!!! I also compare an accessed tooth almost up their with the childbirth......

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Kidney stones....but the relief when I weed it away was the best feeling of intense pain and instant relief ever.
Also tooth pain had nothing on them.
edit on 22-10-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Strangely I've been shot and stabbed, stabbed 3 times actually and they were not the worse pain by far..

I was trying to arrest some guy and he took off so I took off after him..

After 3 or 4 steps I felt the worse pain in my life in my right leg..

Pulled a hammy??

Nope

Tore my hamstring completely loose.... Yep.... I was in physical therapy for almost a year

OUCH

Emotional Pain? Naw.. Not for me...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Not sure if this is considered pain. But really bad food poisoning is horrible. It's the worst I have ever felt.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Hands down, had a strep infection that settled in my testes. Nothing worse than painful swollen balls that radiate pain every time they touch something.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Worse pain i ever felt was the result of a car crash 6 years ago now, 4 pelvic fractures , smashed arm and fracture tibia and fibula, oh and a mild brain injury to boot, family were all sent for as i was bleeding into the pelvis and not thought to make it through the night When they all came in one at a time i figured that it was bad, wife came in last and i asked her straight out what the doctors had said and she was honest with me , told me what they had said,and pleaded with me to fight hard through the night, How do you fight hard lol, well i never slept a wink that's for sure and i prayed to god , and i,m not a religious person, but i asked for help if he was there ,and after around 2 days in intensive care numerous transfusions the bleeding finally stopped. The pain from the time of the crash , getting cut from the car, stretchered to helicopter and transported to the hospital was indescribable , once there and put on a morphine drip things were much better though ,

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
For me, it'd be the gall bladder attacks I would get.

I would get them over and over... damn near every day for a time period.

The pain was 10 easy on a 1 to 10 scale and would last upwards of 16 hours, non stop. Nothing I did could relieve it.

They finally took my GB out with surgery, and afterwards I experienced even more pain, due to the doctor leaving a drainage tube inside of me that was far too long and was jamming into the raw spot that used to be my gall bladder.

It was so intense that when they rushed me to the ER, I died for a few moments on the gurney. Heart stopped, no breathing, etc. Whole body just quit for a few moments.

My wife was terrified and screaming for someone to come help me out, but by the time they did come in, I was awake and aware (mostly) and they did not believe what she told them happened.

Craziest couple of years of my life, right there.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The most memorable moments for me would have to be:

A raging angry duodenal ulcer which did have me writhing on the floor for some time after drinking some spirits first thing in the morning. It healed itself in time but it changed my lifestyle quite a lot to a much healthier one.

Orthopedic surgery after a bad motorcycle accident. Had a 6" long screw inserted down the centre of my ulna to hold it all together and once the general anaesthetic wore off I was a gibbering mess in agony until they got me some strong IV painkillers. I can understand people getting addicted to that stuff but I only needed it overnight till I got on top of the pain.

A tooth abscess in full flight also gets your total attention - it's exquisite in its own unique way. Makes you beg to have it removed ASAP.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Meningitis, age 12. End of thread.

Seriously, all I can remember is a feeling like having a foot long metal spike driven into my skull, repeatedly in some kind of sick rhythm. I was screaming for the doctor, or medication, anything that would help. Add to that insane nausea, light sensitivity, couldn't even drink water without projectile vomiting, then semi-consciousness, delirium, interrupted by an exquisitely painful antibiotic injection, and then three days of not remembering much at all. Appendicitis in my 20's was a breeze compared to this...almost nothing by comparison.

It would be interesting to compare kidney stones to meningitis if some poor soul has been unlucky enough to experience both. They sound horrific.

Emotional pain...lets not go there today.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'm going to say childbirth and abscessed molar, but appendicitis was unpleasant.

Having a PICC line inserted up through the artery in one's arm is a common occurrence to be used with chemotherapy. I've heard it's is no big deal at all for most patients. In my experience it was agony. They did topical lidocaine at point of insertion but little did they know I have narrow arteries and I could feel tubing scrape and grind every single nerve ending up the arm. I then developed a blood clot from elbow to shoulder and arm blew up to twice it's size for a month. After having this done twice the lymphoma is in remission and hopefully I will not see an recurrence. I told doctor in advance I will NEVER have another one! He said "we'd work around that". I don't know what he meant and I don't wanna know!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
29 hours of induced posterior labour (back labour) which was never ending all consuming back pain followed by hemmoraging a litre of blood and a few other injuries alongside I won't mention to save the sanity of the menfolk on here. Good times - why am I pregnant a second time again? :p

second to that was worst level ankle sprains on both ankles at the SAME time. Don't wear thongs (flip flops) up and down stairs when you're naturally klutzy.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Before I had a kidney stone, I would have said childbirth and then a bad tooth. But a kidney stone was by FAR the worst pain I ever felt. I thought I was dying. And my first child took 22 hours of hard labor, no pain meds, no epidural and that unholy kidney stone beat that by a mile.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join