It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the WORST PAIN you've ever felt???

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

JayinAR
reply to post by Aphorism

Apparently there is a specific type of mushroom that will make those go away.

Correct! There are several hallucinogenic substances that can be taken in sub-hallucinogenic doses. They can prevent an entire cluster-episode from starting, often keeping them at bay for years. Even big pharma is looking into this because there is nothing that comes close as far as effectiveness.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Cutting the tip of my big toe off was painful, but having to scrub the stump every three hours to get rid of the bone infection to avoid more loss hurt before I started every time.

The tooth infection that made my head swell to a disfiguring creature.

My heart attack was like a tooth ache in the chest that went on for hours and I was unable to straighten my body or move due to the pain.

Every woman who broke my heart of course, from the very first to the last.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Physically:

Anyone who has ever had an ingrown toenail may know that in order to numb the area injections are administered in a ring pattern around the nail. Now those aren't too bad, what is shockingly painful is having an inch long needle inserted into the very tip of your big toe.

*Shudders* That injection was horrific.

Emotionally:

My parents separating when I was 11 was the first real emotional distress I ever experienced. It came out of complete nowhere. My parents did a wonderful job of protecting me from their problems.

When my Grandfather had his first stroke, I was 17 and thought I knew everything. I researched it all and thought I knew everything about the effects. Nothing prepared me for the day I went to see him in the hospital and I realised he was never going to be the same again.

5 years later almost to the day he suffered a second stroke, this one being less severe. He is now forced to use a walking stick but thankfully, the progress he made mentally since his first was not effected.

Of course, the conclusion of my first long term relationship was extremely distressing. 4 years gone in the space of 12 hours was impossible for me to comprehend. I spiralled out of control. Put on 50lbs and Captain Morgan was my best friend for a long long time.

Edit: Anyone else frantically researching kidney stone prevention after reading this thread?

edit on 23/10/2013 by Believe_nothing because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/10/2013 by Believe_nothing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Good grief, all the pain and suffering, i had to stop reading.

Don't want to post my worse pain.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by spartacus699

The worst pain I have ever felt is a constant burning pain in my legs, same as if they were dipped in a fire you cannot see... at the exact same time it feels as if there is a vice crushing the bones in my legs... at the exact same time as all of this any touch feels like an ice pick being driven into your body... this touch can be from a loved one or even the clothes I wear, and it is also constant because the clothes and touches are seemingly unavoidably constant.

And that is just some of it... the same exacerbation of pain brought on my clothing and touches is also brought on by sound... anything loud, and also by movement such as when I walk...

and there is no escape outside of death.... it is 24/7 for the last 14 years...

I have CRPS Type 2...(Also known as RSD or Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy)

edit on 22-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

I am so sorry.

Iam so very sorry to hear of everyones pain and suffering.

All the more reason we should take care on how we treat each other on the forum.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

bkaust

FunktheNWO
Well I'm sure mine doesn't compare to kidney stones, but, the worst physical pain I've ever been in is when I tore most of the ligaments in my right ankle. I was skateboarding and caught a trick too far up the board, so that my right foot was pretty much half on, half off. When I landed, it went straight under the front kick and I went straight to the ground.

It's the only time I haven't been able to reply to my friends to tell them that I was okay, I literally couldn't find the energy to talk, 100% of my concentration was focused on the searing pain in my ankle. I was on crutches for about 2 weeks and had a bit of a limp for a further week or so after that.

I've broken my hand, a toe and a rib and have had countless bruises, sprains and strains, but none of them even compare to what tearing ligaments was like. They were painful, but they didn't made me curl up in a ball for 10 - 15 minutes like the ligaments did.

did my ligaments in left ankle about 6 weeks ago. Couldn't get out of bed for a solid week, had to crawl to the bathroom the first night and even now still don't have proper motion in it. I always sprain mine (see above) but this one was excruciating. Left me seeing stars and trying to not throw up and pass out so I feel you!

I had something similar in both feet at different times. I'd feel a slight pain in the evening, then it would get worse overnight and the next day. By the following day, I just could not put any pressure on my foot or even put a sock on as it was so sensitive. Took weeks to recover. Don't know if it was DVT or caused by me resting my foot on top of wooden plank at the back of my desk. Parents say it might have been those frelons, as there are a couple of dark circular scars on each foot where the pain was.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I suffered a fractured skull back in '95, and that caused me to get migraine headaches at least 3 days per week. I can't speak about kidney stones, thankfully, but I do know that a migraine is like getting hit in the head over and over again with a baseball bat. I have also had 13 surgeries over the years, but the 2 surgeries that hurt me the worse had to be my hernia surgeries and recovery's.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This moment....wait.its happy...no wait...yep now is the answer...nope ...happy again...wait, pain...should i continue?
edit on 23-10-2013 by sikko45 because: ouch

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ruptured spleen, probably. I had three broken ribs at the time, but the only pain I could feel was the intense pressure in my stomach cavity. Or, possibly, I was receiving spinal injections and the anistesiologist punctured my spinal cord. He told me to let him know if I ended getting a headache and he would give me a blood patch to fix it. Unfortunately, he left town after the procedure so I had to suffer the spinal headache for three days.

The worst emotional pain, I can't share that one but it will haunt me for the rest of my life. I honestly didn't think anything could hurt my soul in this life (I have lost a child, a best friend, and family), but I was wrong.

Physical pain reminds us that we are alive, emotional pain reminds us that we have a soul.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have had 4 children (no pain killers) and wisdom teeth pulled out (no pain killers, wide awake) and if I feel pain which gets worse and worse, I tend to ignore it (and/or ignore that painkillers exist) until after perhaps the 4th or 5th day of an ache/pain then I push myself to take something for it out of sheer convenience (to get other things done).

Not sure why I am so stubborn (intentionally forgetful).

Yet, I tend to think that people who have minor aches and pains are wimps for jumping for a painkiller for every (what I consider) little thing.

YET, I do agree with others in that burns are supposedly the WORST pain and wouldn't wish that on anyoneeee!!

edit on 23-10-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The worst pain i've ever experienced was when i hit a parked car doing about 70mph on my motorbike. It wasn't the impact that hurt though. I think i went over the car and landed about 30 yards away, skidding and rolling till i came to a stop. When i came to a stop, laying in the road, i had my senses about me and the adrenalin had kicked in so i still felt no pain. I wiggled my toes, moved my arms and blessed my good luck.

Then i tried to get up.

That's when the pain really hit. It was in every inch of my body. It felt like some-one had skinned me alive and taken a hammer to my bones. It was so painful that i couldn't even stand straight, couldn't move. The only damage was to my knee but the pain all over was something that i will never forget, nor ever want to experience again.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I had bullous myringitis. It is a severe bacterial ear infection. Amplify your worst ear ache by about one thousand and you would not even come close to how painful this was. Now I'm no baby when it comes to pain but this had me calling my GP at 3am wondering why no one was answering. I would not wish this on anyone.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Trigeminal neuralgia

aka suicide disease.

and emotional was my ex-wife cheating for five years, while using me for college the entire time.. telling to cops & family i beat her & my daughter.. was using meth because i worked two jobs @ night..

then winning in court.

she now makes 100k a year. has the kid. I have nothing & owe outrageous child support.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Burns are very, very painful. But toothaches have made me yearn for death. Testicular impacts, of course, but bad toothaches beat that as the nerves are right next to one's brain and plentiful. I once experienced a sinus-tooth infection that made me literally pass out from the pain... indescribable.

But, ironically, the one that really scared me was the pain one feels when stopping pain killers, or opiates, suddenly... no way to describe that accurately. One's body AND brain is screaming, uncomfortable and sick every unbearable moment. You're sweating, puking, gagging and having cramped spasms while being painfully awake for days and time seems to stop.

I was on them for the burns and boy, I will never look down on addicts ... I never want to experience that again. Be careful kids! Just because a doc prescribes them, doesn't mean you can't get addicted.

And as far as kidney stones, sounds awful... drink enough fluids and cranberry juice every so often moves the deposits out!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I fell backwards down a flight of stairs and broke 3 ribs and 3 vertebrae. I lay on the floor for 24 hours without being able to move and in agony before I finally inched my way to my mobile phone which had landed about 2 feet away from me and called an ambulance. I honestly thought I was paralysed for life.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Emotionally the worst pain was losing my Son to melanoma. Horrific and lasting.

Physically rotator cuff tear that I could not afford to have repaired and had to live with. The pain lasted for a really really long time. Everything to do with that arm was an agony. Fastening a seat belt was like being in hell. I have had kidney stones too, but they do not compare with the shoulder.
edit on 23-10-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You are correct that we should mind how we treat one another because we just don't know what someone else is facing, or where they have been.

But don't be sorry... all things have a purpose. As for me, I don't enjoy pity.. actually I detest it quite a bit. And in spite of what I have to face, I am, usually, quite a happy and good natured person.

6 months after I contracted CRPS I was diagnosed by a doctor who specialized in diseases of the spine, and after that had the best care I could possibly have hoped for. I am blessed for that.

I face a lot every day, much more than many, yet, it has made me into a much better person than I ever was prior... I can say that I am happy I got this disease, because this suffering has granted me more blessings than I ever thought possible... and I would not trade my life for any one's.. If not for this, I would not be the person I am today.

I think many people can say the same thing. Our sufferings and pains help shape us... most the time that shape is a better one than what we had before.

And any suffering and any pain is significant when you learn something from it. If you can say "I had a toothache that made me cry, yet, I smiled through the tears and was there for others"... then you too have become a better person because you learned something about yourself...

and pain is pain, and pain sucks... your pain is no less minor than mine or any one else's... because it is your pain which helped shape you!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
My grandfather passed a huge kidney stone like it was nothing. You young people are weak.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

HA! Yeah sometimes it does seem like it. Was watching a show on the television the other night and it was centered around the time after the civil war and the building of the railroad in the United States and there was a man who had to have surgery without any anesthetic...

Now THAT would suck!

In comparison, we are a bit on the spoiled side!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
when my cat Lynus died last denmber 29th i understood the meaning of the word 'bereft'. part of me died with him, he was my constant companion for 18 years. that was the worst pain i ever knew.

when i couldn't sleep through missing him i made this slideshow.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join