It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY cant we just print 16 trillion dollars in money to erase the debt?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

WHY cant we simply print the money and get them off our backs? ?

Because we don't print money...

The private company known as the Federal Reserve does ...ask them...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

ParanoidAmerican
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

They could provided they were not Federal Reserve Notes. They have kicked around the idea of a 1 Trillion Dollar Coin, which is with in their ability.. The FED is a ponzi scheme.
edit on 17-10-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

I have a radical idea;

why not have the treasury print $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100, $1000 ?
Just take off any intellectual property belonging to the FR.

I wonder if the FR could foreclose on the USA or something if the
government did that. If we actually have a government.. the corpse
of a functioning government is awfully picked over by buzzards..

KPB

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

dragonridr

You dont seem to understand the process when the fed prints money that money is paid back to it from the federal government. People believe the fed is the government there not there a consortium of private bankers. The only power the president has is to decide who is the head of the board but even he isnt in total control.Now a bankers job protect there investors which is not the american people i might add look at the bail outs to banks who received the money foreign banks. The only way the US government could print money to pay the debt would be to take back the power to print money it gave to the reserve. Now heres the catch us government wouldnt be able to borrow money.There is no allowance in the government to borrow money thats why the fed reserve was created in the first place. Because however the federal reserve comes up with the money doesnt matter there not the government.

O.k... you have any idea how convoluted and messed up that sounds? BTW, I disagree somewhat. There are no Rules of American economy, they make up the rules as they go along. I know what you are saying..

Our government uses a global private banking entity to print our money. and that money gets paid back by the Federal government.. ( It's payment for the printing job i suppose but I dont believe that really)

Er.. Where does the federal government get the money to pay the Federal Reserve back? It's the same money the Federal Reserve printed for the We the People in the first place.

Sounds like a money laundering scheme to me. Sounds like a Ponzi Scheme to me.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cheesy459

It is a common misconception...he was long gone before I as well.

President Nixon: The Man Who Sold the World Fiat Money

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

The Treasury currently only has the rights to mint coinage no printing rights, we tried the silver cert...and bad things happened to good people.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Gotta love ATS.........LOL. When money comes out of the money supply it is called inflation. The more money you print the higher the inflation. Right now banks are holding on to a ton of money if they let it out into the economy the dollar would crash overnight.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

It is a ponzi scheme the FED operates under the assumption of feature debt, feature wage slaves to keep the system going.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

We the people don't have printing rights?

What, is our mom going to come spank our

pee pee if we do that?

KPB

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

ZeroReady

The reason the Fed won't print that much more money is called inflation. If there was suddenly that much cash floating around, the dollar would literally be worthless. It would do absolutely no good.

The dollar is about to lose its status as the world's primary stable currency regardless, but printing the extra cash would simply compound the problem.

No it wouldn't. At least not beacuse of that. That money will not go into the American economy or to the American people.. we dont owe the debt to ourselves.

If printing the extra cash for interest would confound the problem then this means our money is good for 16 trillion but not for it's interest? That's makes absolutely No sense.

This is what I'm trying to tell you guys.. sea shell and ball game - they are feeding you bull-caca and your swallowing it.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Sorry couldn't embed. This should some it up.....
Link

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by The only 1 who knows the

Woodrow, the horribly bitter, terribly racist......progressive.....yeah.

He pretty much enslaved us. Thanks guys! Wonder why people are so turned off with the track record there....

The guy always advocated for a parliamentary system, hated the constitution, was huge in the creation of the league of nations, launched the US into war so his buddies could lend us money for the effort with astronomical interest....and was a puppet / member of the eternal formal enemy of the US....private banks and the power elite of Europe.

HE segregated DC, LOVED the KKK, advocated against women's suffrage until it was politically threatening for him...and made the federal reserve act...among others, which enslaved the US people.

And....he was a progressive, like the Nazis were after him.

Yup. thanks.

edit on 10 17 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

ParanoidAmerican

Sorry couldn't embed. This should some it up.....
Link

It ALWAYS comes back to the Devil, Hitler, Reptiles, or the grassy knoll.

Silly me.

KPB

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The mechanism you are looking for, JohnPhoenix... is Repudiation of the National Debt.
edit on 17-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Some think he was trying to put the coup de grâce on the FED, I don't necessarily agree.
Executive Order 11110

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
WHY cant we just print 16 trillion dollars in money to erase the debt? We can't cause we borrow money from the FED a private bank, who owns our goverment and the world.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

There is not enough gold, silver, diamonds to back any money standard. That is why we were taken off of it. Too much money in circulation.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

ParanoidAmerican

Some think he was trying to put the coup de grâce on the FED, I don't necessarily agree.
Executive Order 11110

Seems they sold tickets for standing-room-only
on the grassy knoll.

KPB

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

JohnPhoenix

ZeroReady

The reason the Fed won't print that much more money is called inflation. If there was suddenly that much cash floating around, the dollar would literally be worthless. It would do absolutely no good.

The dollar is about to lose its status as the world's primary stable currency regardless, but printing the extra cash would simply compound the problem.

No it wouldn't. At least not beacuse of that. That money will not go into the American economy or to the American people.. we dont owe the debt to ourselves.

If printing the extra cash for interest would confound the problem then this means our money is good for 16 trillion but not for it's interest? That's makes absolutely No sense.

This is what I'm trying to tell you guys.. sea shell and ball game - they are feeding you bull-caca and your swallowing it.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

First off two thirds of the debt IS owed to Americans. Most of it is the social security fund dollars.

Second, it doesn't matter who holds the debt inflation occurs for anyone trying to use the currency. It's all dollars that lose value, not just the new ones that get printed.

You don't understand what interest is. Interest rate is determined by two factors. First it represents the probable inflation over the time period of the loan. Second it is a risk premium for the likelihood the lender will not get paid back.

If inflation rises dramatically interest rates rise dramatically. Not only because inflation goes up but because the risk of further hyperinflation goes way up. At a certain level of risk no lending will take place because nobody will have an idea if and when new inflation will occur.

The 16 trillion has been loaned at various times over the last 30 years, I can assure you a promise to pay from the federal government was much more trusted 10 years ago then it is today. It's so less trusted now the fed has to buy 90 percent of the new debt just to keep the rates down.

edit on 17-10-2013 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The only 1 who knows the

No. There was only enough money in circulation as there was gold in the vault...there was no extra money when we were a gold backed currency. That changed in Dec. 23, 1913, something many of the founding fathers tried desperately to prevent was passed that day. Then Nixon broke ties totally bringing us Fiat currency and this is when national debt sky rockets. Refer to previous article about Nixon.

WWII must be disregarded as we held most of the debt in War Bonds and most were paid.

Pubilc Held Debt Graph

edit on 17-10-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
well...

if the dollar is going to crash anyways. at least we can get out of debt last second :p

better than crashing, and then having to answer to our lenders anyways XD

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join