It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY cant we just print 16 trillion dollars in money to erase the debt?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

The only 1 who knows the
There is not enough gold, silver, diamonds to back any money standard. That is why we were taken off of it. Too much money in circulation.

We were taken off of it because certain people were inconvenienced because they had to operate on a budget... and they were in charge of the guns. Nothing more. I'm sure some of them truly thought they were doing us a favor.

Here is a long list of replies of a variety of options... full of links, discussions, etc. Much better than any of us could re-summarize here:

How do I answer someone who says there isn't enough gold and silver to have Constitutional money

So long as the currency is fiat... from the first dollar "loaned out" with any tiny insignificant hint of interest being charged... it can mathematically never be paid back. Ever. It has no destination but the ruin of all using it. None. Zero... there is no other outcome unless it is outright abandoned mid stream.

Zero percent origination loans are a good start to swing the pendulum back the other way.
edit on 17-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Well printing 16 trillion extra dollars would do mainly two things:

The Value of the dollar would plummet, since the value of the dollar is only measured by how many others are in existence. 16 trillion dollars is a huge amount of money. And you couldn't just let that slip by easily. People would find out quite easily. Along with foreign countries. And once they would find out something like that would happen, they wouldn't touch another dollar afterward. And that would sink our country even harder. The dollar is our means of importing and trading with the world. Having currency with no value isn't going to get you anywhere.

And on top of that, a huge amount of money like that would just create an even larger amount of overall debt. The higher the amount of money, the more interest bearing it will be. And when commercial banks get a hold of this money, they will loan money with interest furthering the debt exponentially.

So printing 16 trillion dollars would be a horrible idea. It would just lower, if not destroy the value of the dollar, and would just directly, or indirectly create an insane amount of debt.

edit on 17-10-2013 by Lingweenie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
There is only 1.3 trillion cash in circulation, if you printed off 17 trillion to pay the bills it would devalue our dollar by 17x less the amount it currently is.

There would be no way to cook the books, everyone would know this happened and we'd have to live with inflation.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

The only 1 who knows the
WHY cant we just print 16 trillion dollars in money to erase the debt? We can't cause we borrow money from the FED a private bank, who owns our goverment and the world.

First.. define and prove " ownership of our government (and the world)" I dont think they own anyone but themselves.. the rest of us were hijacked illegally.

Er.. so we borrow money from the federal reserve and then our government has to pay it back.. so what?

This is a NON Issue. We ALREADY HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY THEM BACK !

Why would anyone believe we dont? Because They say so.. haven't you people been lied to enough? I think not because your NOT getting it.

Look at what they do every time this issue comes up. They play the sea shell and ball game with the money !!!

I cannot see how you guys cannot or will not see this. Eyes closed shut.
edit on 17-10-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

JFK wanted to get rid of the FED and turn the printing of our money back to congress tax free as it should be. Why should our goverment go to the FED and pay them taxes on our money? We fought a war with England and won but they got hold of us again in 1913 when the FED was signed into law by president Woodrow Wilson. The presidents elected after 1913 were all controlled by the FED and no mater who you vote for is a puppet to this ponzi scheme. This is why JFK was killed to send a message to future presidents.

Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws.
Amschel Rothchilds famous quote of course. This is who owns the Fed. The House of Rothchilds.

They are controlling the world banks, and the world goverments, but " We the people " are the collateral to our goverment for the National Debt!

ACA (ObamaCare) a smoke screen was setup and presented to the FED as a tax to be paid by us to the FED with the IRS involved so you get the picture now.

Here is a link: www.viewzone.com...
edit on 17-10-2013 by The only 1 who knows the because: Added a message with proof why ACA (ObamaCare) was inacted to pay taxes for our National Debt.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Simple answer, and I am guessing you know this, is that the American dollar is backed only upon the faith and credit of the economy of the country as a whole. Injecting $16 trillion of fiat currency, backed upon the GDP of the nation, would instantly make the dollar worthless and the stagflation of the Carter days would look like an era we would all love to go back to.

link   
reply to post by The only 1 who knows the

Yes.......?

link   
US$ would then be worth little or nothing and we other countries would buy all your stuff cheap.

Works for me...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The only 1 who knows the

Yeah, and that is why he was killed.

The last currency backed by the US government and not the fed (RED ink, not green) was printed by his administration.

They literally killed one of our presidents. That is an act of war.....and our leaders know this.

Yet, they do nothing. They either fear or are part of it.

and to make matters worse, the dumbasses are losing power...so we cant even count on them being in charge. Idiots, powerless as every day passes, and still as traitorous. The world is changing....new stronger players...

They may not fight among themselves like the old days, but they still havent accounted for the rest of the world they turned a blind eye to....

Makes for a bad situation for us...unless we kill them all when they tart to throw our lives aside like swatting flies as they make their exit...which wont be quiet and simple...

edit on 10 17 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

edit on 17-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because: 18th century primitives... bah! This time it's different!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Here is a link that i added and I believe this is why ACA (ObamaCare) was acted on as a Smoke Screen and is a TAX to pay our National Debt!

www.viewzone.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

Even better:

[I]f...Congress by virtue of the power to borrow money, can create the ability to lend, they may by virtue of the power to levy money, create the ability to pay it. The ability to pay taxes depends on the general wealth of the society, and this, on the general prosperity of agriculture, manufactures and commerce. Congress then may give bounties and make regulations on all of these objects.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
The federal reserve is a conglomerate of private banks that loan money to the US government. Guess what? Every secured loan needs collateral. WE are the collateral. YOU and ME. Check your birth certificate. It probably says "dept of the treasury"on it. The govt uses us as collateral to the money it loans from the federal reserve. We are each worth about $150,000 which is the average amount of taxes they extract from a typical American over the course of their life time. The govt uses this as a guarantee that they will have income to pay back the federal reserve.

That's right folks. The banks literally do own you and me.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

WP4YT

Clarification.

They *claim* they do.

As a good friend of mine used to say... "Saying something doesn't automatically make it true".

No matter how fancy the paper it's written on. Or how many metaphorical, financial, or literal guns are pointed at our heads.

I may claim to own my puppy... but on a universal level... that's a total fiction and only lasts so long as he doesn't know any better and doesn't challenge that assertion.

And the way he looks at me sometimes... I think he's about ready to.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. - Thomas Jefferson
… The modern theory of the perpetuation of debt has drenched the earth with blood, and crushed its inhabitants under burdens ever accumulating. -Thomas Jefferson

I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men. - Woodrow Wilson

When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes… Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain. - Napoleon Bonaparte

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
If the mechanism was there to do it in a major way would devaluing the dollar really be such a bad thing or worse than continuing down the current path? American produced goods would be more competitive domestically and exports would be more competitive with a lower valued dollar. It would be similar in effect to what everyone is always complaining about China doing, they keep their currency weak so they have a trade advantage with everyone.

Anyway what other options are there? This unsustainable system can't last forever. At some point a system that is based more and more on producing nothing real is going to fail. When that happens we will be left holding an empty bag wondering what just happened and where all the wealth we believed we had went to.
edit on 17-10-2013 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by john452

I have and immediate and easy way to free up a lot of cash from the budget for use in paying down the deficit. Stop paying 90% of the EU's military defense costs. Stop paying for defending the Japanese and North Koreans from the Chinese, just give them a bunch of nukes and let it go !!!!!!! Also, use the US NAVY to blockade the Persian Gulf, and make any tankers bound for China, North Korea or France pay a tribute, or sink them!

Also, drill a giant hole in the ANWAR and just let the raw crude bubble up to the surface. The caribou can go extinct no problem (They grow reindeer in Finland you know !!) as far as polar bears and bald eagles, to bad, so sad! then take all that crude and flood the markets with it.

Also, it would be a great idea to have US NAVY fast attack subs patrolling the atlantic and pacific taking out tankers bound for other countries. Then they'd have to get oil from us instead. It's like OPEC in reverse. Crush all the gulf states and put them in utter abject poverty, and when they BEG for mercy, CRUSH THEM SOME MORE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! then nuke them !
Become the "Great Satan" that they all know and love starting with Saudi Arabia, they owe us some payback big time !

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

BardingTheBard

WP4YT

Clarification.

They *claim* they do.

As a good friend of mine used to say... "Saying something doesn't automatically make it true".

No matter how fancy the paper it's written on. Or how many metaphorical, financial, or literal guns are pointed at our heads.

I may claim to own my puppy... but on a universal level... that's a total fiction and only lasts so long as he doesn't know any better and doesn't challenge that assertion.

And the way he looks at me sometimes... I think he's about ready to.

Such a great thread!

Almost as much fun as cavorting with my spirit rhinos---white devils who stole my land.

KPB

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Unpossible!

You can't print money to "erase the debt"... all you (or rather "your" Federal Reserve) CAN print is currency (big difference!), but that currency is debt-based in itself.
edit on 17-10-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just to throw in some math for perspective we can use gold to pay for the debt, let's imagine. Let's just assume a $1600/ounce price. A one metric ton "brick" of gold would be about $56 million. In order to pay the $17 Trillion debt, we would need 304,000 of these one ton gold bricks. I'm rounding these amounts for simplicity. This is all just for perspective.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join