It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foodstamp Program Shutdown Imminent?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I am sure I have been called many things this days and I am pretty sure I am on somebody's "list", but using children as collateral is what America has become when it comes to the welfare system, after all it doesn't cost anything to get pregnant this days.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Sometimes I wonder if the passing of all those government programs was just the prelude to the slowly collapse of the American economy, see, during the seventies America was still a very productive nation, so nobody complained if tax dollars were to be use to help somebody in need, we come a long way this days, Welfare now support much more than those in need, if feed a new breed of the population call the welfare generation.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
k21968

Check your inbox. You've got mail.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

WWJFKD
Can someone please point out the Constitutionality of food stamps, welfare etc.

Can someone please explain to me why I have to bust my ass everyday and provide my personal property so someone else can sit on theirs?

crickets...

It could well have been the other way around, than you would be more than happy to receive welfare and foodstamps.

I'm working too, but many have lost their job because of the crisis, but they need to eat and feed their kids.

Don't be angry at them, but be angry at those who caused this crisis.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I posted that letter believing it would bring hope to some who were concerned.

Fearmongering? Well, maybe you would care if you might not be getting any funds added to your EBT card in November.

Just that fact that she stated:"We will be watching the situation closely" ought to give some sense of the gravity of the situation.

I guess you wouldn't worry one bit until Nov 1st rolls around.

Just for the record. I don't get food stamps. I don't trust the government and I will be watching the situation closely as well because I know people are going to freak if they don't have money for food.

edit on 10/16/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

And I knew that was coming - quickly I might add. I have been more than eligible on many occasion and have yet to take one red cent of "our money". I haven't, I will not under any circumstances take any form of welfare from my servant Govt. PERIOD!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by khimbar

Fearmongering? Well, maybe you would care if you might not be getting any funds added to your EBT card in November.

Just that fact that she stated:"We will be watching the situation closely ought to give some sense of the gravity of the situation.

I guess you wouldn't worry one bit until Nov 1st rolls around.

Just for the record. I don't get food stamps. I don't trust the government and I will be watching the situation closely as well.

Yes, fear mongering. A supposition was drawn which wasn't what the evidence stated. Then a whole thread started adding supposition onto said premise, which spread more fear.

Of course they're watching closely. What else do you think they'd do? Ignore it?

Your last line is perfectly correct.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

If people only spent their money more wisely they would not have these problems.

Feed a man or teach a man?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I am kind of tired of the only retort Progressives have, in response to Welfare being cut back, is stating that the Govt spent x amount of dollars on this, or x amount of dollars on that.

That is about the weakest argument I have ever heard, when it was first making its rounds.
Now it is tired and old.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by NavyDoc

I am kind of tired of the only retort Progressives have, in response to Welfare being cut back, is stating that the Govt spent x amount of dollars on this, or x amount of dollars on that.

That is about the weakest argument I have ever heard, when it was first making its rounds.
Now it is tired and old.

Providing food for americans in need is more important than killing people overseas. It's a perfectly valid argument.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by NavyDoc

Now it is tired and old.

i don't consider myself a "progressive" (whatever the hell that is, anyway)...but i do think we need to seriously look at what the government is spending our money on...

i think it's fair to point out how much money is being wasted on stupid crap, that takes us to the point where they're telling us that unless we do such and such, we won't be able to operate programs like social security, who's funds are supposed to be there no matter what...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

TheJourney

Providing food for americans in need is more important than killing people overseas. It's a perfectly valid argument.

I wouldn't argue that at all - I believe both could be satisfied under the Constitution.

Provide a growth environment and do not get involved in foreign entanglements. I think you ill find most our answers in the Constitution which they are decimating at breakneck speed.
edit on 16-10-2013 by WWJFKD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

DancedWithWolves
reply to post by macman

What's the problem? I have no doubts the memo of services being discontinued to these folks is also in the mail...

What's the problem? Really?

We must live in two very different Americas. This isn't how any honorable government "scales back."

we actuly just got a letter we file with are tax that will to disenrol us from obomacare

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I posted this on another (same topic) Thread over the weekend, but I'll post a portion of it again here as an FYI.

A relative who lives in New Jersey collects Food Stamps due to a disability. She knows a few other people in her area who also receive Food Stamps. Anyway, none of their EBT cards in this NJ County were funded for the month of October. They haven't received anything for October.

She doesn't know if other states/areas also did not receive Food Stamps for October. So, it was already a problem last month, at least where she lives in NJ, as she and others in her County have not received Food Stamps since September.

So, she called the toll-free 800# on the back of her EBT card and entered her Pin # and there was just change leftover from September. Apparently none of the EBT accounts were funded for October -- not sure about other areas/states. Just an FYI.

She said they couldn't get through on the phone so they went to the local County Offices and were told by distraught Social Workers there is nothing they can do -- if the SW's know something they certainly aren't allowed to reveal it. She said they were obviously as upset as the people there demanding answers.

Also, I do not personally know anyone with an infant, but it's very disturbing to hear WIC was affected. Infants need their formula, even if the baby's parents need for public assistance isn't due to circumstances beyond their control and the parents just decided to have a child they couldn't afford. No child should suffer for a parent's poor judgement if that's the case -- not even one.

edit on 16-10-2013 by Jana12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

DancedWithWolves
reply to post by Daedalus

Oh stop. Yes you did ask me not to post a photo because it was too emotional. You better believe it is. Facts are fine too. How have I offended you so deeply?

i asked you not to post pictures who's only purpose is to illicit an emotional response. you can't discuss facts, so you use the "appeal to emotion" fallacy, to try to shame me for being realistic. "if you don't agree with what i'm saying, then you're in favor of starving children"

it's a really weak argument..

what offends me is your complete disregard for, and dismissal of logic, and fact-based discussion...

Why are you so concerned with influencing my views? I don't see everything as all the parent's fault like you do. Period. Lots of people can't find good paying jobs in this piece of crap economy which is a left over remnant after insane corporate profits, layoffs and the all too frequent under employment we have going on.

i'm not at all concerned with influencing your views...i'm concerned with getting you to talk facts, and deal with reality....let's play devil's advocate for a minute.....if it's not the parent's fault, then who's is it? additionally, who's job is it to solve the problem?

How is that so hard to fathom? Seriously not trying to fight with you but I personally have compassion for people who need help to make ends meet right now and especially if they need help to keep their kids fed and healthy.

and if i don't care for the current broken state of affairs, then by your reasoning, i'm without compassion, and in favor of starving children...which isn't the case...
edit on 16-10-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

your problem is that you're only seeing what you want to see in people's posts....

nobody's saying "they're all losers, and don't deserve any help at all"

i've even said, people who genuinely need help, should get it.....problem is that there's too many people gaming the system, and deciding to be parasites, instead of working for their means...those are the undeserving losers....

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

and to top that all off lieing about the VA If your is not reciving his benafits go to your neerist VA and demand to see the pasent advikit. dances with lies.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by Thorneblood

Silver Lining?

Maybe a bunch of wal marts get burnt/looted.

~Tenth

Yeah, cause it would totally be awesome if a whole bunch of people lost their jobs.

I've seen you make some pretty on-point observations before, but you should kinda be ashamed of yourself for that one. I don't love walmart either. They represent much that's wrong with big business, and therefore our country. But they employ a whole lot of middle-lower class people. One store alone is a whole lot of local jobs. And somehow wishing for many of those people to end up out of work.

Doubly so when you consider that walmart has so many low-wage part-time employees that there is even an overlap there with some of the poor saps on food stamps. So you pretty much just kindly wished a double-whammy on many.

Again, not very nice.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Jana12
I posted this on another (same topic) Thread over the weekend, but I'll post a portion of it again here as an FYI.

A relative who lives in New Jersey collects Food Stamps due to a disability. She knows a few other people in her area who also receive Food Stamps. Anyway, none of their EBT cards in this NJ County were funded for the month of October. They haven't received anything for October.

She doesn't know if other states/areas also did not receive Food Stamps for October. So, it was already a problem last month, at least where she lives in NJ, as she and others in her County have not received Food Stamps since September.

So, she called the toll-free 800# on the back of her EBT card and entered her Pin # and there was just change leftover from September. Apparently none of the EBT accounts were funded for October -- not sure about other areas/states. Just an FYI.

She said they couldn't get through on the phone so they went to the local County Offices and were told by distraught Social Workers there is nothing they can do -- if the SW's know something they certainly aren't allowed to reveal it. She said they were obviously as upset as the people there demanding answers.

Also, I do not personally know anyone with an infant, but it's very disturbing to hear WIC was affected. Infants need their formula, even if the baby's parents need for public assistance isn't due to circumstances beyond their control and the parents just decided to have a child they couldn't afford. No child should suffer for a parent's poor judgement if that's the case -- not even one.

This is highly relevant. For those believing that maybe that letter doesn't mean what we think it means, you better think again. I would say this is a clear indication of what is going on and what is to come to other areas of the US. Furthermore, after North Carolina has openly admitted to stopping welfare benefits (at least for a period of time), I would be concerned.

Whether you agree with with the benefits or not at this point may no longer matter. With what happened during the EBT glitch, there is clear indication that things may escalate quickly.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

tothetenthpower

If Zerohedge is reading this right then if there no deal in Congress then the food stamps stops
and with 47 million on them its going to hurt a lot of people.

And all the politicians will talk about is whose to blame for people starving. Nothing about how to actually solve the problem.

Or better yet. They'll wait until it does get held, then pass a temporary bill like they did with the rest of the stuff they re-opened and laud themselves as heroes.

Pathetic.

~Tenth

You know whos to blame? Those people who can't afford to feed themselves.

Yes,I said it. I'm sick of supporting low lifes. Get a better paying job.Stop blaming the goverment and your fellow taxpayers fr your problems.

FYI...I manage to feed my daughter and I on just above minimum wage. No foodstamps or anything. Oh and get this....I actually pay my own rent. America is pathetic anymore.
edit on 17-10-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join