It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foodstamp Program Shutdown Imminent?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This memo was first posted on the Crossroads Facebook page and has been picked
up by zerohedge today.

To wit: "understanding the operational issues and constraints that States face, and in the interest of preserving maximum flexibility, we are directing States to hold their November issuance files and delay transmission to State electronic benefit transfer (EBT) vendors until further notice." In other words, as Fox13News summarizes, "States across the country are being told to stop the supplemental nutrition assistance program for the month of November, pending further notice."

Zerohedge

If Zerohedge is reading this right then if there no deal in Congress then the food stamps stops
and with 47 million on them its going to hurt a lot of people.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

If Zerohedge is reading this right then if there no deal in Congress then the food stamps stops
and with 47 million on them its going to hurt a lot of people.

And all the politicians will talk about is whose to blame for people starving. Nothing about how to actually solve the problem.

Or better yet. They'll wait until it does get held, then pass a temporary bill like they did with the rest of the stuff they re-opened and laud themselves as heroes.

Pathetic.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It's going to be a fun holiday season this year.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

I agree, take 47 million people off Food Stamps right before Thanksgiving/Christmas and just watch the country burn.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Silver Lining?

Maybe a bunch of wal marts get burnt/looted.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
And all the Haters will be Happy...47 Million people starving on the streets of the Good ol US of A....People gotta eat...Now i wonder how they go about that????????

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Damn straight.
Santa's little helpers are gonna be pulling some late nights this year...and Toys R Us has those nice, big storefront windows.

(post by AnonymousCitizen removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If this happens, you will see the katrina style looting in every city all across the nation.

I think they will raise the debt ceiling and reopen the government, but much of the damage has already been done. Once a government loses legitimacy in the eyes of their people and in their own minds as well, collapse becomes likely, if not inevitable.
edit on 15-10-2013 by Count Chocula because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

If this is real and it looks like it is, the upcoming month is going to make that EBT frenzy at the LA WalMart look like a tiny blip. Americans have rarely gone hungry - that appears about to change.

Game on. DHS may start using some of those bullets they've been buying up. Just as planned.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
No one has the stones to do this. And I'm not even sure that's what it means. It just says don't upload early.

Still, if people want to read the whole thing is going down...it'll make awesome TV. Exciting.

edit on k014510bpmTue, 15 Oct 2013 13:45:40 -0500 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I hear some of them senators have some nice food stocking their cupboards

I am just waiting for the "Let them eat cake" line to slip out from some dim witted politician..

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

khimbar
Still, if people want to read the whole thing is going down...it'll make awesome TV. Exciting.

Not really, once wall mart shelves are cleared(couple of hours?) houses will be next!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The most obese country in the world-

And forty-seven million of its citizens possibly going to get hungry pretty soon here...

reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

bahahaha.. "AND BTW, RELEASE THE KRAKEN ALREADY!!"

That's hilarious.

Regards,

-AA

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This is going to be the start of MASS riots , and I mean MASSIVE , think of Hurricane Katrina , but on a national scale ! If its only for a few days , people will be fine , but if this goes on for longer then a week , people with kids , imagine the chaos this will cause .

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I agree with the above poster, the gov does not have the stones to do this. In a weeks time they would loose control of most of the major cities. Our military, as big as it is can not even contain the masses in this type of situation.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Soloprotocol
And all the Haters will be Happy...47 Million people starving on the streets of the Good ol US of A....People gotta eat...Now i wonder how they go about that????????

As Axl Rose said in Welcome to the Jungle

"..........If you hunger for what you see you'll take it eventually
You can have everything you want but you better not take it from me"

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
And then comes Fema hehe, Gotta say, some of these pieces over the last few moths surely apply to a looming financial disaster.

I would really take a close look at some elite movement.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

its fine. everythings okay. dont believe everything you read. im on foodstamps. im not worried.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
wuh oh! Time to leave the monticello fields folks!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join