It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilots union warns of 'dry run' by possible terrorists on US flight

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Can you even name a white extremist group that has been involved in airline hijacking? I can't.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

In addition to the incredible amount of money being made by corporations and the Congressmen and Senators who hold stock in them. THERE IS NO BIGGER TERRORIST THAN THE US GOVERNMENT AND THE CONGRESSMEN AND SENATORS WHO RUN IT.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Let's try to think as the enemy does for a moment. Do Islamofascists still hate us? Despite five years of Obama, yes. Do they still practice terrorist acts? yes. Do they have a prescence in the US? Yes. If they aren't testing us how does one explain the moving and checking bag compartments etc?
Say what you want about TSA but there hasn't been an aviation death from terrorism since 09/11. Complain if you will about 'not catching any terrorists' but isn't it better to prevent episodes?
yes, yes, I know, Richard Reid, shoe bomber. TSA's screening forced him to use an inefficient method that failed. same with the underwear bomber.
Some posters here, I don't know if they're cocooned, or active disinformation pigs. TSA is a real world solution to a real world problem. If you don't like how they operate by all means contact Ms Napolitano with your suggestions.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Serbians and albanians are white. There have been been instances, just not in recent years, and some by a lone hijacker.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
So he ran to the bathroom?

I don't know about you, but when I have to go to the bathroom bad, I'll run. Who wants to crap their pants in a pressurized metal tube at 27,000 feet?

Moving about the cabin and getting into overhead bins? Really? Um, I do that sometimes because I might have forgotten something in my carry on.

So, basically we have people doing things that people normally do, but because they are Middle Eastern it must be some kind of "dry run" to test security?

I know, its crazy. The pilots union is speaking as if it has any experience whatsoever with knowing what normal behavior on a plane looks like.They should just shut up and do their jobs because clearly they do not know what they are talking about.

Since 9/11 people know better than to run on a plane, especially towards the cockpit. It might be prudent at this juncture to wonder if they knew the layout of the plane beforehand, so that if he were stopped in the middle of his (dry)run, he could have the excuse to say that "oh I was just going to the bathroom". A cop might think they were practicing an attack where one or two men go to the cockpit, while others retrieve some type of weapon from overhead to subdue the passengers.

Oh and for some of the other comments... Middle eastern or Moslem extremist terrorists, and white extremist terrorists have one major difference. Whites are not generally known to be suicidal, as they do not have a core belief involving 72 virgins.

A terrorist attack by white people is absolutely possible. Although hijacking an airliner is likely to be out of the question since it is suicidal. Just look at what happened in Shanksville...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

3n19m470
Although hijacking an airliner is likely to be out of the question since it is suicidal. Just look at what happened in Shanksville...

It might be here, but it's happened at least 8 times outside the US since 9/11.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Zaphod58

3n19m470
Although hijacking an airliner is likely to be out of the question since it is suicidal. Just look at what happened in Shanksville...

It might be here, but it's happened at least 8 times outside the US since 9/11.

well there was this one.

Tianjin Airlines Flight 7554 (Chinese: 天津航空公司GS7554; pinyin: Tiānjīn Hángkōng Gōngsī GS7554) is a scheduled passenger flight between Hotan and Ürümqi in China's Xinjiang region. The aircraft operating this route on 29 June 2012, an Embraer ERJ-190, took off from Hotan at 12:25pm; within ten minutes, six ethnic Uyghur men, one of whom allegedly professed his motivation as jihad, announced their intent to hijack the aircraft, according to multiple witnesses. In response, passengers and crew resisted and successfully restrained the hijackers, who were armed with aluminum crutches and explosives. The aircraft turned around and landed back in Hotan at 12:45 pm, where 11 passengers and crew and two hijackers were treated for injuries. Two hijackers died from injuries from the fight on board.
Tianjin Airlines Flight 7554

edit on 12-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I wasn't counting that one. There were 8 others that were successful, and the flights landed somewhere. There were three attempts in 2011/12, all of which were thwarted by passengers and crew, but there were 8 prior to that, between 2006 and 2009, including one in Mexico.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

That may be so but I believe they were talking about successful hijackings.
That chinese one doesn't really match the criteria of "successful"...but it WAS a hijacking nonetheless.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

i guess i misunderstood. i thought you were talking about ones, where the passengers fought back and stopped the highjacking.

my bad.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

No worries. The question was brought up earlier about successful hijackings.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Eryiedes
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You're probably right.
Not even the Wermacht would be evil enough to grope children at every checkpoint they operate out of.

-Amitaba-

I don't much like seeing kids manhandled and I think the security approach is done by written regulation, down to the last detail of how they are to conduct their searches and pat downs. Really silly...but the problem is who wrote the regs, who approved them and really, who thought any of this was a good idea in the first place? That's all in Washington, for the most part.

To play devil's advocate though, it would help ease the paranoid minds of politicians and security 'gurus' in DHS if the enemy we've been fighting for over 10 years didn't occasionally use children as two legged bombs with intelligent guidance systems. If evil is what some think we've come to (...and I call it more clinical paranoia to illness extremes) then responding to evil is what started us down the path. Either in the 80's or from 9/11 on...depends on perspective for dates.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
To play devil's advocate though, it would help ease the paranoid minds of politicians and security 'gurus' in DHS if the enemy we've been fighting for over 10 years didn't occasionally use children as two legged bombs with intelligent guidance systems.

I MIGHT be inclined to believe that if it weren't for one tiny flaw in your statement:

Yes, islamic fundamentalists have used children in this fashion...you call them the "enemy" and for the sake of somantics, I'll concede the point.
Here's the problem...
TSA isn't searching most islamics. In fact their internal documents indicate they are going out of their way NOT to search them.
They ARE searching for what the DHS calls "white al-quaida"...the list is incredibly long and just as ridiculous.
They do this to christians and hebrews and everyone who's NOT an islamic jihadist.
People who do NOT have a history of strapping bombs to their children.
They target 80 year old ladies with extensive surgeries.
They target attractive women with disproportionate bustlines.
They target infants.
They target terminally ill people.
Most of them are white.
All of them as far from "islamic suicide bombers" as humanly possible.
Constitutionalists.
People who oppose gun control.
People who believe in the gold standard.
People who think the government is a sham.
The list goes on and on and on and NONE of these targeted groups have a history of suicide bombing anything.
When was the last time you read in the news that a white family strapped 5 pounds of C-4 to their child and wheeled him onto a plane or stuck a few sticks of TNT under grandma's wheelchair?
Correct me if I am wrong but I haven't heard of a single example of this yet.
You say they have been facing this "enemy" for ten years now. Are you inferring they have been fighting the American public for the last decade?
This is the part I just refuse to swallow.
It's prisoner acclimation training...plain and simple.
Ask ANY death camp survivor and THEY will tell you the same thing.
This isn't about making the planes safer...it's about terrifying, dehumanizing and dominating the citizenry.
THAT is something I just can't accept.

-Amitaba-
edit on 13-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 13-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: More Typos

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

A few (and by few, probably just before or just after 9/11, but I don't remember exactly) years ago down in Florida, they forced a number of children to be screened, and found a few surprises in their belongings. One of them was a 7" knife in a teddy bear. I believe they found a number of drugs as well, but that's less important and not really a primary thing to be looked for.

People get indignant over searching children and the elderly, but I've seen some things caught involving both groups, that could have done some damage to the plane. Canes that had swords in them, things stuffed into toys and sewn back up. It doesn't matter to some people if they're children or not, they're going to use them.

As for the exempting Islamics claim (sorry have to address you, as the person making the claim is ignoring me), I'd love to see actual proof of that. I have heard that myth a lot, but have yet to see it proven.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It could be CIA or some other agency testing flight security.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
'islamics'reply to post by Eryiedes

Yeah the TSA is not great at its job, heavy handed and seems to have little common sense, but really anyone can be a terrorist, and in nearly all EU and US terror incidents the perpetrators are non-muslim.
So with a paranoid mindset, and with the data supporting that pretty much anyone can be a terrorist, coupled with poor training and what seems to be an abundance of jobsworths, there are many unsavoury incidents involving the TSA.
It needs to be vastly improved in how it deals with people - as people.

edit on 13-10-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: Muslims are called muslims, not 'islamics'

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

MystikMushroom
So he ran to the bathroom?

I don't know about you, but when I have to go to the bathroom bad, I'll run. Who wants to crap their pants in a pressurized metal tube at 27,000 feet?

Moving about the cabin and getting into overhead bins? Really? Um, I do that sometimes because I might have forgotten something in my carry on.

So, basically we have people doing things that people normally do, but because they are Middle Eastern it must be some kind of "dry run" to test security?

Ya, you're right and we should just sweep this behavior under the rug. It's just a coincidence that these four guys decided to go to the bathroom and rummage in the overhead bins all at the same time and wer Middle Eastern to boot. Ya, we shouldn't profile. Israel has been doing it on El Al airlines since their one and only hijacking in '68 and haven't had a hijacking since.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Have everyone strip bare and get into a brightly colored jumpsuit, all clothing devices and property will be stored in locked compartments for the duration of the flight, read everyone their Miranda rights and instruct them to sit eyes forward and not to talk, depends undergarments will be provided, and a place to shower at destination will be provided also.

The above are the measures that will probably be implemented to one degree or other, and anyone who would tolerate such treatment deserves to be treated that way.

It's only a minute away really, from the silliness most terrified little idiot American's spew from their pie hole.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

It really has nothing to do with whether someone is a terrorist, other than what today's definition of one may be.

Terrorism is just a word that gets people's attention, it tweaks that streak of fear in most people, that streak being wider than most are willing to acknowledge honestly to themselves or others.

If one really thinks about it deeply, it becomes fairly obvious that most things people do are out of fear of something or other on at least one level.

Don't give it too much thought though, you might scare yourself.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

MyHappyDogShiner
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

It really has nothing to do with whether someone is a terrorist, other than what today's definition of one may be.

Terrorism is just a word that gets people's attention, it tweaks that streak of fear in most people, that streak being wider than most are willing to acknowledge honestly to themselves or others.

If one really thinks about it deeply, it becomes fairly obvious that most things people do are out of fear of something or other on at least one level.

Don't give it too much thought though, you might scare yourself.

Namasute,

Very nicely put.
If I were still talking to that person, that is pretty much what I would have told them.
(Someone had their Wheaties this morning I see!)
Well done.

-Amitaba-

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join