It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilots union warns of 'dry run' by possible terrorists on US flight

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Turkish 1476 in 2006.
Air West in 2007.
Air Mauritanie in 2007.
Atlasjet in 2007.
Eagle Airways in 2008.
Sun Air in 2008.
Canjet in 2009.
Aeromexico in 2009.

All were successful hijackings, and all since 9/11 when security and passenger awareness is supposed to be higher.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Eryiedes

rangerdanger
This "terrorist" fear mongering only distracts everybody from the real issues. I mean, when was the last time a plane was hijacked successfully?

I am tempted to say: "Entebbe"
Even then, it didn't end very well, did it...so maybe not.

-Amitaba-
edit on 11-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

Funny the IDF sent in their special forces and freed almost all of those hostages if i remember correctly. The death toll would had been much higher if they had not acted fast enough. And the country hosting the terrorist who stole that plane lost a good bit of men and some soviet fighters during the action too.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

I remember a video of a man running by a trash can and throwing his waste in there and 2 women take off running, yeah it works really well, we are scared of our own shadows thanks to 9/11,Boston bombers, the Christmas underwear bomber, you name it we are a world of scardy cats.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

SMR

rangerdanger
Not to flame, but coming from the guy who says "most terror attacks are put on by the middle east". -_-
Terrorism only works when people live in fear.

Are you serious? What part of me saying "most terror attacks are put on by the middle east" has anything to do with your reply? You make little to no sense in most of what you have posted so far. Perhaps this is not a subject you should be participating in.

Terrorism happens. It's that simple. It doesn't matter if people are in fear or not. Terrorists do what they do to do it for whatever belief they have. It's not because someone fears them. They will shoot you in the head if you stand in front of them whether you fear them or not.
They will bring down planes whether you fear them or not. They want to 'cause' fear, not work from it. They aren't Freddy Kruger, here.

Fox news at it again.
Terrorism is a tool that our government uses to instill fear. Fear that terrorist don't do it for money, they do it for religion. Fear that they will shoot you in the head (which is a ridiculous notion) whether you are afraid or not. Terrorism happens because we created it, and it's a very effective tool to keep most people distracted from how terrible our leaders really are.
My point is there hasn't really been a successful US hijacking since 9/11, so there is no use getting people all excited over nothing. When I say nothing, I mean nothing. That's what fear mongering is. Take something simple like a brown guy running to the bathroom on the plane, and turn it into "Terrorist practice for large attack by testing response time." I mean this whole thing is simply ridiculous.
edit on 11-10-2013 by rangerdanger because: edit to add more info, so I sound like less of a dick.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

edit on 11-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Talking to wrong person

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Eryiedes

Turkish 1476 in 2006.
Air West in 2007.
Air Mauritanie in 2007.
Atlasjet in 2007.
Eagle Airways in 2008.
Sun Air in 2008.
Canjet in 2009.
Aeromexico in 2009.

All were successful hijackings, and all since 9/11 when security and passenger awareness is supposed to be higher.

good info, I meant to say successful US hijacking, since that's what the OP is referring to.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

yuppa

Eryiedes

rangerdanger
This "terrorist" fear mongering only distracts everybody from the real issues. I mean, when was the last time a plane was hijacked successfully?

I am tempted to say: "Entebbe"
Even then, it didn't end very well, did it...so maybe not.

-Amitaba-

Funny the IDF sent in their special forces and freed almost all of those hostages if i remember correctly. The death toll would had been much higher if they had not acted fast enough. And the country hosting the terrorist who stole that plane lost a good bit of men and some soviet fighters during the action too.

I believe so sir...which is why I added "So maybe not".
Was more of a jest that others took as serious.

-Peace be with you-

edit on 11-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sentiment

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

whatnext21
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

I remember a video of a man running by a trash can and throwing his waste in there and 2 women take off running, yeah it works really well, we are scared of our own shadows thanks to 9/11,Boston bombers, the Christmas underwear bomber, you name it we are a world of scardy cats.

A population that lives in fear is easy to manipulate.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

The last ATTEMPTED hijacking in the US, prior to 9/11 was FedEx 705 in 1994. There was one US owned aircraft hijacked in a foreign country, and one foreign owned aircraft flown to the US prior to that. The last successful US hijack though was a Rio Airways flight in 1983. It was going from Killeen TX to DFW, and landed in Mexico. Again, there were a couple of US flagged flights hijacked in other countries, but prior to 9/11 that was the last hijacking in the US.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Zaphod58

The last ATTEMPTED hijacking in the US, prior to 9/11 was FedEx 705 in 1994. There was one US owned aircraft hijacked in a foreign country, and one foreign owned aircraft flown to the US prior to that. The last successful US hijack though was a Rio Airways flight in 1983. It was going from Killeen TX to DFW, and landed in Mexico. Again, there were a couple of US flagged flights hijacked in other countries, but prior to 9/11 that was the last hijacking in the US.

Since no planes were hi-jacked on 9/11, I guess that means the last attempted hi-jacking in the U.S. was in 1994 then.
So nothing really to worry about people, on the average.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

UpEndedWorld
Since no planes were hi-jacked on 9/11, I guess that means the last attempted hi-jacking in the U.S. was in 1994 then.

Works out globally to 0.421 planes a year so yeah...I think we're safe.

-Amitaba-

SMR

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

UpEndedWorld

Zaphod58

In all technicality, they were hi-jacked.
I would also like to point out it's not fear. It's being observant in today's day of terror from other countries who hate us for Freedoms, not living in mud-huts, or whatever.

I fail to see how this article, or the submission of suspicious activities by airline pilots, makes this a fear mongering scare tactic from Fox news. If pilots are concerned about suspicious activities on their planes, 30K feet in the air and alerts the Pilots Union about it, how does it become a false flag or fear mongering on their part? What are the benefits of all this? Can anyone explain?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

SMR
It's being observant in today's day of terror from other countries who HATE US FOR OUR FREEDOMS...

I disregarded everything you said after that part.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Eryiedes

SMR
It's being observant in today's day of terror from other countries who HATE US FOR OUR FREEDOMS...

I disregarded everything you said after that part.

-Amitaba-

I was literally going to quote that same section, with an identical response.
If there was any doubt the OP watches Fox News, it's now gone.

You get a little star my friend.
edit on 11-10-2013 by rangerdanger because: was gonna fix the quote, too lazy now.

SMR

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Perhaps you didnt get the 'whatever' part or mud-hut option ?
It's called being facetious.

I also do NOT watch Fox news. Never have. Just because I posted an article should make you ASSume anything. CNN did not have the article at the time. Sorry to disappoint.

Still waiting on the explanation of fear mongering or false flag from this article.
A lot of talk but no opinions ... well ones that make any real sense, anyway.
edit on 10/11/2013 by SMR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

SMR

I would have described it as "borderline racist" but to each his own.
If I have misunderstood you I appologize.
As for Fox news?
Even "The Walking Dead" has more facts in it than that station.
You'd honestly be better off watching Hannah Montana.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Nyiah
With all the focus on those dirty brown people we've been taught to fear, someone's going to be eating a lot of crow with their face caked in egg if some random group of white people with issues decide to try to hijack something.

I mean, come on, that's opportunity knocking for a white extremist group. The focus is on Middle Easterners & not so much on them.

Yes profiling due to past actions should be thrown out the window (I don't think so) however, on the surface that is what has been done.

Note all the instances of grannies with medical conditions taken to a back room and being groped or little boys and girls being groped because they are a threat. Under the theatrics though profiling is alive and well, as it should be...

There were several dry runs claimed by security when I was working.. One incidence was of a supposed M.E. band that did some really weird stuff on an aircraft that ended up shutting the flight down. They were held and released because nothing could be proven... Since then the big "Interfering of a crew member preforming their duty" has come into effect which has stopped some of the games that were once played. Were their actions about putting fear in the other passengers or were they seeking attention because of some misspent youth.... was there an underlying probe going on for future actions?

Vigilance is a necessary evil of the world we live in. ALPA and their security endeavors are about keeping the crew members and you as the traveling public safe; giving information so individual crew members can take necessary actions when confronted by the unusual actions of passengers or even other crew members.
Good news is we do have a few Sky Marshals on selected (profiled flights) and some armed pilots in the cockpit... This coupled with many passengers who have decided they will not be along for the ride if someone tries to take over a flight or gets out of line...flying is probably safer today than it ever has been.

Unless someone can get a bomb in the cargo hole through bribes of ground personal sit back relax and enjoy the flight.

Underwear bomber: most on this sight know there are many questions about that whole deal that does not add up..

Paranoia is all part of the program; listen to the recorded voice at most airports about security and jokes; flying is safe but even if a pilot said he had a bomb in his pants at security he would be arrested ... Sorry nothing about flying is a joke anymore. I fly as a passenger several times a year on U.S. flagged carriers and foreign flagged carriers out of International Airports overseas and in the U.S. ....... Overseas and non-US flagged carriers security is like it was in the states before 9/11.. Overseas U.S. flagged carrier's passengers go though normal security for the airport and again at another check point just before boarding. Everything is opened and inspected that will be taken on board the aircraft.. Everyone is patted down.. If over seas I try to fly other carriers if I think the airline will get me there... hahahha there are a few I actually avoid...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

SMR

I also do NOT watch Fox news. Never have. Just because I posted an article should make you ASSume anything. CNN did not have the article at the time. Sorry to disappoint.

Still waiting on the explanation of fear mongering or false flag from this article.

The opinions on here make perfect sense to me. Based on the OP assuming you watch Fox news isn't really a stretch of the imagination. If you want an explanation of fear mongering, look at the OP. Otherwise there are plenty examples of it on this website.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Have you ever been 'profiled' by El AL? I have. And I am a pasty faced white Irish guy.
El AL and Israeli airport security is all about high visibility. They want to make it so that the last place you will risk attacking is an El AL desk or an international airport.

There are very few cases where EL Al security actually foiled a terrorist attack, cause if you're a terrorist, you are going to avoid El Al and Israeli bound flights in favour of softer and easier targets.

Seriously they could achieve the same result from chimps with uzis, you wont see the real El Al Security guys and gals, the ones you come face to face with are typically newbies just out of training.

Simple but effective.

SMR

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Eryiedes

SMR

I would have described it as "borderline racist" but to each his own.
If I have misunderstood you I appologize.
As for Fox news?
Even "The Walking Dead" has more facts in it than that station.
You'd honestly be better off watching Hannah Montana.

-Amitaba-

Racist! HAHAHAHA Man you are grabbing at straws here.
Again about the Fox news issue. I do not watch it. I only saw the article while at another link from a thread and CNN did not have the story yet. You guys need to learn how to comprehend what's on this site.

rangerdanger

SMR

The opinions on here make perfect sense to me. Based on the OP assuming you watch Fox news isn't really a stretch of the imagination. If you want an explanation of fear mongering, look at the OP. Otherwise there are plenty examples of it on this website.

Again. Don't watch Fox news. Please comprehend whats going on.
I'm not looking around the net for others statements on a subject they are not in. You replied to the OP with your fear mongering opinion yet failed, horribly, to explain how it is.
That is the usual tactic from those who know little to nothing and just mimic what others are saying due to popularity.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join