It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment in 15-30 days, an EXTREMELY fast method. Mahasi Style Noting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

The "life-changing effect on people" is a beautiful and freeing feeling. To be Free of, and transcending your own Ego, is a Mark of true freedom. It is the Ego that is the cause of complaining, unhappiness, depression, issues, assumptions, illusions, etc.

Since you now realize that there is no Tao, your ego should not limit you to open your view to the world's history of implementing mind alteration plants to heal and to advance the consciousness in man. This is documented in almost all cultures, everywhere. There is also a ton of evidence that mental illnesses are attributed to imbalances of key chemical within the brain, caused by the infinite ways of modern day conditioning and the limiting of 'stuff' we should have the right to know and have access to.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sleepdealer

This does need to be acknowledged, the path on ones lonesome can be a strain on every area of a persons life. Especially, when developing experience with the concept of renunciation. There may come a point in a persons training where renunciation is imperative to move forward. If someone starts renouncing and giving up everything as a lay follower or when self taught, this often times includes forsaking friends and family in the quest of deepening experience. In such a case, this may lead to divorces parents leaving small children etc. many will say the outcome on the other side is worth it... after all the Buddha did it right? Those that have gone through it such as myself will tell you to practice metta(loving kindness) instead of renunciation. Renunciation when it arises on the path, can lead to no further births parinibbana. But, there is the option instead to take the path of the Bodhisattva and chose to develop metta instead, there may or may not be another birth after this life, when choosing metta over renunciation. Choosing metta there is no need to forsake anyone, compassion grows to see that those depending on you as a house holder can mean more than non returning and renunciation.

There is a divide in Theravada and Mahayana sects on the Bodhisattva experience/concept. Theravada says it is best to renounce... how many incarnations have you chosen metta over renunciation? It is best to choose renunciation, that does not mean metta is of no importance to the Theravada... it just means escape the cycle and strike while the iron is hot, so you do not have to possibly cause and endure even more suffering over more lifetimes, than necessary. When one is cultivating the seeds of renunciation, they will reach a point where it matters more than metta, when this happens they may not experience suffering from forsaking home and hearth, but their friends and family with certainly suffer, especially if their friends and family do not understand the path the person renouncing is on. Hopefully, if someone has made up their mind on renunciation... out of metta and compassion they will help those understand why they need to renounce.

My friends and family were having issues with my renunciation, when I was clear that it was something I needed to do that they could come see me at the monastery, that I wasn't writing them of as dead meaningless or non existent to me they were happy for me, and encouraged me in practice. Without making sure they were ok first, the dwelling place of my mind would have been constantly on drifting to them instead of practice.

Another danger is when people have an entire conceptual understanding of the path, but no actual experience of realization of the concepts becoming experience on the path. These people can debate and discourse just as good as someone with actual experience beyond the conceptual, but it is like a parrot saying a prayer... there is no direct experience of what is said just understanding... the problem is this is very dangerous, to both the person and others, because delusion has filled the gaps where experience should be. The highest form of these people become cult leaders, the Charles Mansons, Jim Joneses, etc. or the James Holmes', etc. there is charisma because they sound so certain of these attainments through knowledge instead of direct experience. Unfortunately, a ticking time bomb instead of experienced master, many will have some experience but the experience is shallow enough, that delusion overtakes them, tells them the path is done they are fully enlightened or some other special person of the deluded ego's choosing.

So yes, there definitely needs to be a warning, when someone takes up the spiritual path that either full blown madness or full enlightenment awaits. I cannot stress the need for a personal mentor that can skillfully point at the path and let them know they are not one it. Online forums cannot do it, unless the person speaking is held in high regard, criticism definitely cannot point it to them where they see it. If you see signs of this type of thing in your family thats bordering on fanaticism and destructive behavior, instead of growth well being and understanding for the better... thats a major red flag, they are not far from crossing through the veil of madness into irrationality.

The best advice I have for people stuck in the above, already diagnosed with a mental illness is that you ground them in as much concrete reality of form as you can forms essential nature does not change no matter how many names one gives it. The problem is the mentally ill have lost the root in concrete form by being carried off by name, there is nothing grounding them into the roots of reality, they have allowed their consciousness to chase the mind into very deep dark rabbit holes, when the mind needs to be reigned in by conscious awareness in the concrete reality of form. Once deep down so far in a rabbit hole, it can be hard to get them out... but activities that forces concentration on form on them is a good thing. Grab a puzzle a few hundred or thousand pieces and sit down with them to solve it, engage them in things that occupy as many senses as possible so the mind does not have a chance to wander back into the darkness but forced to be consciously aware of the present.

Once you see a break and their lucidity returns use that moment of clarity to your advantage and plant the idea that the mind needs to listen to consciousness, instead of let consciousness be led off by the mind, in whatever way that you think they will grasp that based on their temperament and understanding... eventually puzzles etc will train that to occur with more and more lucidity, if they say something bizarre thats clearly a delusion ask them to rationalize it logically, they will see that they cant. One common delusion across the board is knowing thoughts etc. playing what card am I holding suit and face can show them that this is not possible, and when a card is guessed right, instill that it was a lucky guess a coincidence, that coincidences arise all the time, they shouldn't be read into as truth or something concrete that it happening is a chance an oddity...

I sincerely hope this helps clarify some dangers on the path and how to help a person that may seem too out of touch with concrete reality, to edge their way back to it and back on firm ground. Letting consciousness chase the mind leads to great creativity as well as great delusion, it's a double edged sword without proper balance and a strong foot in the concrete it's easy to fall on the blade.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

dominicus
I would Warn anyone who does not have Enlightenment, that to remain as you are is a dire consequence.

That's irrelevant. Your responsibility is towards the effects of what it is you are promoting, not its alternative. It's very interesting that you sincerely believe that the entire process of transcending a rigid structure like the ego is a completely blissful experience. Very convenient. But things rarely happen overnight and if not done properly (which is relative because there's no one recipe for success) it can lead to an entire life of suffering. Not every individual is equally "lucky" or reacts the same to immediate experiences and realizations. But perhaps what you call enlightenment is more of a philosophical stance, and has little to do with direct experiences. It should also be obvious that I don't argue against enlightenment, but against improper use of meditation techniques, which you are promoting with your hasty,"you're with me or against me" style.
And yes, agreed, BigBrotherDarkness. You explained it more thoroughly than I did.
edit on 9-10-2013 by sleepdealer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Tried for 1 day
Allen watts recommends this method
Have reached enlightenment befor but does not stay for long
Found it interesting how many notes I am making
I have a very active mind
Also found there were massive unconsciousness periods where I would wake up immediately with the montra
Also found it interesting that when I got outside I instantly remembeed that I was asleep
Will continue
Hank you very much

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sleepdealer

That's irrelevant. Your responsibility is towards the effects of what it is you are promoting, not its alternative.

Of course its relevant. If someone is examining a possibility, logic will deduce that to not take the chance, risk, possibility, will result in you remaining in your current status quo. The way my logic has working in terms of Enlightenment, is that I studied various methods on how to uncover it, everyone has said its better then my status quo unconscious frame of existence, so the chance/risk is worth it. And having access to Enlightenment now, looking back, I would never want to remain in Unconscious/UnEnlightenment, the risk is nothing compared to the awesomeness of the reward.

It's very interesting that you sincerely believe that the entire process of transcending a rigid structure like the ego is a completely blissful experience.

Ego is not rigid, its fluid, its only thoughts/illusions/concepts and that's it. Then, there is an observer in all people, than can be aware of the Ego, logically deducing that the observer of something, is not the same as that which it is observing. It is very simple, logical, reasonable. To finally shift into a state transcending Ego (permanently seeing it is not me) has been one of the Highlights of my life. The "thing" that has caused me so many issues in my life, and causes issues in other peoples lives, to finally see that it isn't inherently real, or me, is such a rush and celebration of freedom, and return to child-like wonder and awe.

Very convenient. But things rarely happen overnight and if not done properly (which is relative because there's no one recipe for success) it can lead to an entire life of suffering.

The Ego and its attachments, concepts, ideas, illusions is the root cause of all suffering. All the paths (including Christian & Islam) even cover this. I have seen it directly in direct experience as well that it is the cause of suffering.

Not every individual is equally "lucky" or reacts the same to immediate experiences and realizations. But perhaps what you call enlightenment is more of a philosophical stance, and has little to do with direct experiences.

I'm talking about direct permanent experiences. Ones which have been tested and vetted by Buddhists, Mystics, Hermits, Monks in Monasteries, and other teachers.

You don't have to be "lucky" for any of this. Enlightenment is already in everyone, but is covered up by mind/ego/ignorance/unconsciousness. So choosing a very methodical Path, like Mahasi Noting, will reveal to you reality prior to conceptual filters, and then you realize you are One with Absolute Reality. No luck needed. Its a complete and repeatable science.

It should also be obvious that I don't argue against enlightenment, but against improper use of meditation techniques, which you are promoting with your hasty,"you're with me or against me" style.

I'm not promoting "improper meditation techniques." It is proper, vetted, tested, and has high % of success. Have you tried the technique itself and tasted its fruits? If not, then you are coming from assumptions/projections. Very simple.

IF I have never been to Hawaii, I would not be in a thread on ATS warning people not to go there. And its true, if you are not with me, if you are not pro Enlightenment for the sake of bettering yourself and humanity, then what the heck are you really for???? Most people "got" the message and are trying the technique. Others, even a supposed Buddhist with 5 years experience, are mostly just wanting to argue and debate.

Considering I have been both a sleepwalking/Unenlightened/Unconscious person entirely wrapped in Ego, and am now detached from Ego, conscious, and inherently One with Absolute Reality, I would say that the old way/frame of Unenlightenment is really a terrible place to be, like Plato's Cave analogy.

reply to post by satnam

Tried for 1 day Allen watts recommends this method Have reached enlightenment befor but does not stay for long Found it interesting how many notes I am making I have a very active mind Also found there were massive unconsciousness periods where I would wake up immediately with the montra Also found it interesting that when I got outside I instantly remembeed that I was asleep Will continue Hank you very much

All credit due to the Enlightened Person who figured out this technique. I'm just a messenger passing along a message. Glad to know the Method is already having an impact. Its AWESOME once you get to the point where you are seeing reality without filters!!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
This is a very interesting post. I've emailed my friends the instructions you've written since they are actively seeking ascension. I have a few questions though. Does the act of noting every action and sensation become something our unconscious mind does after a while or do you have to constantly note everything every second of the day? How do you deal with things such as work while doing these exercises?

Does the awareness you achieve last forever or can it gradually fade away? Are you able you use this awareness to alter reality?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBigEmpty

This is a very interesting post. I've emailed my friends the instructions you've written since they are actively seeking ascension. I have a few questions though. Does the act of noting every action and sensation become something our unconscious mind does after a while or do you have to constantly note everything every second of the day?

The "Noting" gathers steam and hits a point where it is kind of on autopilot. Along with this, you hit a point of hyper awareness where you are noting like a machine gun rapid fire one after another. Sometimes several things per second.

You will even be noting "Unconscious" mechanisms at play as well, which will eventually come up to the surface. When they do, they'll either be "thoughts, emotions, memories, bodily sensations, ache/pain/itch, etc." So just keep noting.

What you are doing with the Noting, is calling things as they are, without the Mind/Ego superimposing using thoughts/illusions over reality. Your calling it as it is, so this is rewiring the brain to See Absolute Reality/Beingness as it is, prior to all filters.

So yes, you have to be constantly Noting......but eventually you break through into a Merging into the Absolute/Oneness/Beingness prior to all filters, and at that point, noting is unnecessary, as you will have reached the destination.

How do you deal with things such as work while doing these exercises?

If you do a job that requires critical thinking, then with hold the practice during those times. But continue it when you are: On the way to work, lunch break, 15 min breaks, bathroom break, on the way back home, and on days off. If you have the customary 2 weeks of vacation time, that is a good period to have the Breakthrough.

The Method is accumulative. So even doing one whole day of it on your day off, will get you to a very high level of mindfulness/awareness/practice.

If you have a job that is mindless, say you are on a conveyor belt putting things in boxes, where you are just automatically doing it, then its a perfect opp to continue practice. I have a buddy who had a job like this and had his breakthrough at work

Does the awareness you achieve last forever or can it gradually fade away? Are you able you use this awareness to alter reality?

Awareness Awakens and becomes vivid and you stabilize it, then it remains permanent, and you are permanently detached from the Ego (the cause of all worry, stress, delusion, superimposition, etc). That Awareness, is like a drop of water, and eventually it merges with the Absolute Reality, which is like an Infinite Ocean. That is the main partand beginning of Enlightenment.

After that, everything is being purified. The ego/mind, emotions, the feeling/thought that I-am-this-body will also fade. You will be without Boundaries. After that its just a constant process of letting go of all filters/superimpositions.

IF you stop practicing after reaching certain middle levels, then yes, awareness can fade. I reached a high level of Awakened Profound awareness 3 times in the past, and lost the state (using different methods). With Mahasi Noting, I regained Heightened Awareness, and it is permanently stabilized, creating a permanent platform that transcends the mind and simultaneously, a diving board into Merging with the Absolute.

From this Method, there are realizations/insights/access/etc that is permanent, for example 24/7 seeing, that the ego/mind is not me, is just illusion/thoughts, and there is a space between Awareness and Ego.

Then Awareness itself dissolves into Absolute.......thats a later stage that is had through this as well.

***Forgot to add:
1. The Ego/Mind will come up with excuses not to do the Practice Method, and to remain in status quo. (thats a trap, laziness)
2. Around day 2-5, Noting will take on a form where you are becoming aware o extremely subtle things. The channel through which the ego/mind moves, the nerves/fibers which allow the body to move, how vision works, extremely subtle operations which you were never aware of before......but still keep noting.
3. There is a whole Forum entirely based around this method, with TONS of testimonies and descriptions of stages up to the destination, The site is called dharmaoverground.org and there is a free pdf book that explains every minute detail up to the destination.

I cannot praise this method enough!!! After 11+ years of experimenting, I have not yet found anything more potent than this, other than Grace/Holy Spirit and direct pointing via Koans and Advaita

edit on 10-10-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I do get my money back right?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Specimen
I do get my money back right?

Did I ever, anywhere in the thread, ask for money?

No.

Click the link, and all the instruction are there for you to try for yourself and see what you find there.

Absolutely Free. No Gurus to follow. No donations necessary. No Money required.

So all those excuses that people come up with about various methods/paths, do not apply here

Why don't you give it a go and let us know what you find?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Answer the question...Do i get back, or no?

Not hard...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Specimen

Answer the question...Do i get back, or no?

Not hard...

What money back? There is no money being exchanged.

Are you confused? Or is there something more you are implying which is not evident on my part because of lack of seeing facial expression and body language. Forums are easy to be lost in translation.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Nah, Im just trolling.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

Although, I can think of a more powerful meditation, which is called "Zazen", which is said to be the heart of Zen pracitces. And it's incredibly difficult to do, since it just sitting, however, one must note, it is never exactly perfected.

I consider my self at least adept in the that form of meditation, however, the benefits are best left to the practitioners.

I am familiar with your Mahasi method though, and it probably was the first thing I did without to my knowledge anyways. I feel it give more of better foundation of the understanding meditation, however, it should be noted it has nothing to with chakras. Which was where I screwed myself, considering I over monitored my own thoughts, and then one thing, to another.

Long story short, it was a pain the head.

Heart meditation are pretty good too, and can go with Zazen, but then again, its main practice is nothing.
edit on 10-10-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

Which was where I screwed myself, considering I over monitored my own thoughts, and then one thing, to another.

In the Mahasi Method, "over monitoring" your own thoughts, helps to produce a hyper awareness and awakening/shifting into Pure Awareness (also a goal in Zazen).

I can see how someone could freak out about being in Hyper Awakened Awareness and perhaps mistakenly label it as "over monitoring." (Not saying this is was your case, but if very well could be)

That's what I did, used the Method, went into Hyper Awareness, and the ego/mind (which is not me because I am the Hyper Awareness that is aware of the Mind), tricked me by saying, "Oh now you've done it, this new awakened state of consciousness is way too much to handle, better leave this alone for now.......

But that's a trick. That is who we are, and when Awakened, its the best way to live life because then you are one step away from Merging with Absolute Reality.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I asked my Higher Self for some hidden knowledge to spark my interest then I decided to check my email and ATS before bed and found this thread right after. Lol

Law of attraction says that what we focus on becomes more appearant / shown in our lives so it make sense that only thinking to note noticing/awareness will make us be even more aware.

I think most people feel that if they only use thinking to notice (be aware) then planning, worrying, strategizing may be gone.

Most people believe that in order for The body to di anything it must first plan but that is not true.

The body breathes without planning, if pain happebs the body reacts and moves from it without "planning".

By the way, to all those people offended by words ("gtfo"), those emotionsv felt by WORDS are YOUR beliefs and interpretation it has nothing to do with whether or not a person is aware/enlightened.

Different people speak in different ways.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Zazen is just sitting there, it simple, in all its complexity. Mahasi is great in it theory, but watching one thoughts to often, will just cause problems. It would help with the practical of Zazen(which again, is the basic principal). Hyper awareness for extended periods of time is also not a great thing.

Which is why Zazen is essential in that way, it teaches to let go of. It helps restore balance issues when done properly.
edit on 11-10-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Specimen

Zazen is just sitting there, it simple, in all its complexity. Mahasi is great in it theory, but watching one thoughts to often, will just cause problems. It would help with the practical of Zazen(which again, is the basic principal). Hyper awareness for extended periods of time is also not a great thing.

Which is why Zazen is essential in that way, it teaches to let go of. It helps restore balance issues when done properly.

Theoretically, and experientially to a certain degree, I understand where you are coming from.

However, just from a personal testimony I want to mention that I personally know a fellow who sat Zazen for years in various monasteries in Japan, and while he did establish a good foundation of Being, he eventually also got his big breakthrough via Mahasi Method.

The hyper Awareness stage is short, and eventually evolves into Awareness itself (like a drop of water) merging into the Absolute Reality (like an infinite Ocean).

I only mention this, because being a Westerner, I too went through years of trying to figure out the fastest method, tried Zazen for months, and discarded it as basically a solid foundational process for Being & Mindfulness.

What Mahasi Method is doing, is Noting reality as it is, cutting through the mind at every single moment, and keeping you awake as you spiritually awaken. Zazen its too easy for the mind to wander off or fall asleep for all the beginners, at least it was my experience the first month.

Plus we live in ADD/ADHD society, TV, phone, work, internet, movie, radio, always doing, doing, doing, and no Being. So Mahasi Method fits perfectly for this generation.

Though I will add, the ability to Be, which I got a lot from Zazen, still has to be had as well. But that is also eventually had via Mahasi when the merging with Absolute Beingness happens. No more boundaries to Awareness

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

True say. The Mahasi style of meditation does help sharpen one cognitive-ity, and it will help with the understanding of ones being. It would help with open mindedness, especially in today plain modern age.
Also you made the point about the wandering and sleeping in Zazen, which is why it is difficult to try .

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The best thing in zazen typically comes from either a Kyosaku or Katsu. Without those the practice may take awhile.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I was never to good at shouts/mantras. I do exercise though, although probably not as effective as a stick.
edit on 12-10-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join