It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment in 15-30 days, an EXTREMELY fast method. Mahasi Style Noting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The Key to Enlightenment, is to Awaken Awareness as an individual Presence devoid of the mixing of ego/mind/conceptual thought.

Here is one of the quickest ways to shift into this Mode/State/Awareness and then Enlightenment. Its called Mahasi Style Noting.

Basically, all through out the day, you make mental notations of what Awareness is aware of:

Every time one sees, hears, smells, tastes, touches, or thinks, one should make a note of the fact. But in the beginning of one's practice, one cannot make a note of every one of these happenings. One should, therefore, begin with noting those happenings which are conspicuous and easily perceivable.

Further instruction:

We must make ourselves aware of them by observing them and noting thus: `Seeing, seeing', `hearing, hearing', `smelling smelling', `tasting, tasting', `touching, touching', or `thinking, thinking.

When you start doing this, eventually your ego/mind will come up with excuses to not do it, and to revert/go back to the old state/mode of Being. You have to keep this up, all throughout the day, and eventually you get into a hyper-aware groove, and can continue to practice all throughout the day.

Somewhere around day 15-30, is when you will shift into the Center of Awareness, which will then Merge with the Oneness.

All the instructions are here:
Mahasi Style Noting Instructions

It covers very intricate details as well. Such as when the mind begins to wander into day dreaming, or a string of thoughts, you simply note, "Wandering, Wandering" or if its a string of thoughts, then "thinking, thinking."" And so on.

This is ONE of the quickest way to Enlightenment. There is a whole forum called dharmmaoverground, that specifically focuses on this method, and there are tons and tons of testimonies of regular folks just like you and me, achieving massive success using this method, whole 1-2 week retreats are built around this method, and it is EXTREMELY POTENT.

If you are just an arm chair philosopher, who came here to argue and debate on this thread, basically, you can GTFO of here. This method is for practice and discussion. If you don't do this/try this, seriously for the allotted time, then you are a window shopper with no idea of the intricacies that happen within when you follow this method.

Arguing is a waste of time and a crutch for Ego establishment.

See for yourself if what I posted is true. Otherwise, your points will be moot and relative

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

thank you for the post interesting im going to look more into this

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This sounds exactly like some of the techniques used to induce lucid dreaming, perhaps a little more detailed and hardcore. I'm going to have a good read and maybe try it out, but (without meaning to incur your wrath) not with the aim of enlightenment as such, more to see what benifits can be gained from this heightened awareness. Not too keen on quick-fixes.

S+F

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Been doing this for years...but I do let my mind wander a lot.

Thanks for the link and info. Maybe I'll be able to control the mind wander.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Still reading through the linked info - I've never felt the heat or discomfort like it mentioned. Always felt a cooling effect from my feet that flowed towards my head. Once the coolness reached my head, I felt contentment.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

dominicus

Somewhere around day 15-30, is when you will shift into the Center of Awareness, which will then Merge with the Oneness.

If this would be true we would have already paradise situation on this planet.

There is so much misunderstanding on the term enlightenment.

People think that you stand in the light have the feeling of oneness and you will not have any problems anymore. You would be very disappointed when you get enlightened one day.

Because when you are there you will see everything what you have made wrong in your life. In enlightenment there is no feeling, there is humility for this indescribable intelligence of this universe. And when coming back from this view your life change forever.

Most people think that after an enlightenment you will have an easy life. Well it depends what you understand with easy

You will have no time for playing anymore. You automatically set up your life with duties and there is no way back to become lazy. And you start to clean up your garbage you had carried through your life - and there is a lot of it

So be very careful with this exercise.
edit on 5-10-2013 by Brucee because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

dominicus
If you are just an arm chair philosopher, who came here to argue and debate on this thread, basically, you can GTFO of here. This method is for practice and discussion. If you don't do this/try this, seriously for the allotted time, then you are a window shopper with no idea of the intricacies that happen within when you follow this method.

See for yourself if what I posted is true. Otherwise, your points will be moot and relative

If such methods make you act like that towards others then I don't even have to look at the window. Good luck though on your travels, hope you make it or enjoy if you believe you've already made it.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Brucee

If this would be true we would have already paradise situation on this planet.

wrong. Very few people are interested in Enlightenment and transcending suffering. For those who do get Enlightenment, it is paradise. To see if its true, you have to try the method yourself, or else remain as you are.

There is so much misunderstanding on the term enlightenment. People think that you stand in the light have the feeling of oneness and you will not have any problems anymore. You would be very disappointed when you get enlightened one day.

I'm actually already in Oneness, and there are no more "problems" per se. Just various experiences arising and falling away, while I remain in Grace, Transcendence, etc. Problems are no longer seen as problems and everything that needs to be dealt with, is, minus stress, worrying, and concepts.

You will have no time for playing anymore. You automatically set up your life with duties and there is no way back to become lazy. And you start to clean up your garbage you had carried through your life - and there is a lot of it

Shouldn't we all be cleaning up the garbage in our lives? It sure would make this a better place.

So be very careful with this exercise.

Actually, I would say, be very careful with remaining as you are, in the status quo.

Jump in head first and merge with the Source.

reply to post by Dragonfly79

If such methods make you act like that towards others then I don't even have to look at the window. Good luck though on your travels, hope you make it or enjoy if you believe you've already made it.

Go ahead, shoot the messenger and judge the book by its cover.

It's called being blunt and direct. Arguing and discussing about a place you have never been to is a complete and utter waste of time. Life is short. No need to sugar coat things. If you mistake directness for something else, and because of assumptions, miss the gold in the method, then its not for you and may not ever be for you in this life.

The method has nothing to do with my own personal blunt directness. By the way, I thank those in my life who have been direct and blunt with me about the path. It has saved me decades of seeking and suffering!!!!!
edit on 5-10-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

dominicus
wrong. Very few people are interested in Enlightenment and transcending suffering. For those who do get Enlightenment, it is paradise. To see if its true, you have to try the method yourself, or else remain as you are.

I'm actually already in Oneness, and there are no more "problems" per se. Just various experiences arising and falling away, while I remain in Grace, Transcendence, etc. Problems are no longer seen as problems and everything that needs to be dealt with, is, minus stress, worrying, and concepts.

There is a difference between oneness and enlightenment. Oneness you still can describe with words, enlightenment is beyond ANY description.

Shouldn't we all be cleaning up the garbage in our lives? It sure would make this a better place.

Maybe a person needs this garbage in his/her life for a certain purpose. So I personally wouldn't give this advice it is good or it is bad. These words are inventions from our ego and do not exist in enlightenment.

Our ego is very smart and I don't want to criticize you. You are absolutely correct that we should remember who we are - or better the people should not ask "who am I", instead "how am I" or "what am I".
Because with "who am I" only your ego will find an answer

There is a very clear difference of what you describe with oneness and enlightenment in the Advaita Vedanta.

And a person who has experienced real enlightenment without any touch/rest of the ego never speaks this out. Your humility would not "allow" you to talk about it. And you never ever would judge people again in your life or want to convince them to something

Namaste
edit on 5-10-2013 by Brucee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Very interesting contradiction. It would seem as if attempting to be an authority on a subject in which no one is an authority is quite the crutch for Ego establishment itself. If enlightenment is to stick one's fingers in his ears when another chooses to express his or her opinions, I would say that most people are already quite enlightened.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
OK, I'll try this method to attain enlightenment. And If and when I become enlightened.....then what?

Will I be blissed out? Know lifes mysteries and secrets? Become a Bodhisattva mystic? Be attractive to women?

I know a woman who claims to be enlightened; why is she so mean to her kids?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Thanks for the post. I shall look, look into it

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is AWESOME! mostly because its fits perfectly with some of the other methods I've been experimenting with and trying to create!

Thanks for this!

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Does this come with a free Mala? It seems to me as if "Enlightenment" has become a product of some sort...
Save the infomercial for never. You don't set a time frame for attainment simply because it's different for everyone. Enlightenment is something you can't explain or teach to people because it's a unique experience.
Any method is fine as long as you do it "totally" and that it's comfortable.
I like to sit in silence in a dark room, or a tree and be aware of my breathing.
I haven't reached enlightenment yet though, I can tell you that

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

"Be attractive to women?" Jeez, the cosmic consciousness can do only so much...
jk.
Peace Bro.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

If you are just an arm chair philosopher, who came here to argue and debate on this thread, basically, you can GTFO of here.

Still have some work cut out huh?

These short cut methods don't work we'll... You can get some useful techniques and tools but to claim enlightenment in "x" amount of time.. It doesn't work like that..

Monks dedicate their entire lives and some still don't reach it.. Unless your and my understanding and definition of enlightenment are worlds apart..

FYI, these are discussion boards.. You will find those who disagree or openly challenge your views, understanding and beliefs ...

I find it almost comical that you claim to have found the keys to enlightenment and make a statement like that... Thanks for saving me time.. It obviously doesn't work..

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Enlightenment is very subjective.
What one realizes could differ on a vast scale to someone, somewhere else.
What is the enlightenment to be attained here other than self awareness and or an attitude towards life and mind?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Whoomp whoomp whooomp!!!

Go fish on a boat in ALASKA for 4 months ,then let's talk enlightenment!

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Brucee

There is a difference between oneness and enlightenment. Oneness you still can describe with words, enlightenment is beyond ANY description.

I'm talking about the Nondual state. Reality with no boundaries, including no "you".

And a person who has experienced real enlightenment without any touch/rest of the ego never speaks this out.

Tons and tons of individuals who have experienced Enlightenment, have spoken about. Buddha in particular, and all the Buddhas that came after him have achieved and spoken about, and there are many ways "there." Its a very simple thing and not all complicated and impossible like people make it out to be.

reply to post by Aphorism

Very interesting contradiction. It would seem as if attempting to be an authority on a subject in which no one is an authority is quite the crutch for Ego establishment itself. If enlightenment is to stick one's fingers in his ears when another chooses to express his or her opinions, I would say that most people are already quite enlightened.

If I wanted to discuss with you, what Hawaii is like, and you have never been there, then its a waste of time to discuss something you have no direct experience with. I can wait, til you yourself go to Hawaii, and come back. Then we can talk. What is so hard to understand about this?????

reply to post by Shurima

Does this come with a free Mala? It seems to me as if "Enlightenment" has become a product of some sort...

People have been working on Enlightenment for thousands of years. Nothing new. Not a trend or a product.

Save the infomercial for never. You don't set a time frame for attainment simply because it's different for everyone. Enlightenment is something you can't explain or teach to people because it's a unique experience.

Enlightenment is very simple. There are Dzogchen and Bon teachings, where if you have a decent amount of wisdom and intellect, you can shift directly into Enlightenment in a hour or two. There are 100's of blueprints for Enlightenment and it has been taught for thousands of years. What do you think Monasteries are for?

reply to post by HooHaa

These short cut methods don't work we'll... You can get some useful techniques and tools but to claim enlightenment in "x" amount of time.. It doesn't work like that..

How do you know? Prove it?

Monks dedicate their entire lives and some still don't reach it.. Unless your and my understanding and definition of enlightenment are worlds apart..

Some Monks get there in a few weeks or couple months depending on techniques and blueprints used, then spend the rest of their lives stabilizing and deepening the stateless state. Same goes for regular lay folks who work on this at home. Its not very complicated.

FYI, these are discussion boards.. You will find those who disagree or openly challenge your views, understanding and beliefs ...

There are tons of threads on ATS. The threads that are about subjects I know nothing about, I never reply to. What right do I have to discuss what its like in Hawaii, if I've never been there and refuse to go?

I find it almost comical that you claim to have found the keys to enlightenment and make a statement like that... Thanks for saving me time.. It obviously doesn't work..

Thanks for judging a book by the cover, shooting the messenger, and throwing the baby out with the bath water. Direct and blunt. No need to sugar coat. If your ego felt offended, means your not aware of your own ego, and it has kept you from an AWESOME set of instructions.

reply to post by OmegaSynthesis

Enlightenment is very subjective. What one realizes could differ on a vast scale to someone, somewhere else. What is the enlightenment to be attained here other than self awareness and or an attitude towards life and mind?

Enlightenment is Universal. Awareness, Oneness, Nondual, Absolute Beingness. All the different cultures call all these same things by different names, but the experience is ALWAYS Universal. A center of Awareness, that merges in the Heart into a Nondual state, and eventually into an Absolute Beingness. Along with that are inner channels, chakras, grace, soul, bliss.

Tee only subjectivity is the road to the destination. But the destination itself is always the same

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The only subjectivity is the road to the destination. But the destination itself is always the same

Therein lies the variation of 'Enlightenment'. Nobody can experience the same as experience as another, they may share very mirrored experiences and witnesses may vary the account but the subjectivity lies within the one experiencing 'it' and the aftermath of the experience.
Did one seeker of enlightenment discover a new way of thinking VS did another gain or develop already awakened psychic prowess further along the path VS a being who is the embodiment of enlightenment and chooses to reincarnate and claim spiritual knowledge through living their prodigal life?
Then there are tribal civilizations that gained 'Enlightenment' by ingesting spiritual plants to commune with other dimensions.
Then there are the advanced otherworldly beings that gained enlightenment after finding out that they could dream consciously after giving up physical form and live as orbs of light in the cosmos called stars that we organisms on this planet revolve around.
I'll stay with subjective.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join