It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran passes ‘pedophilia’ law to let men marry adopted girls

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by Arnie123

Good, having sorted that out we are down to the real crux of the matter.

So, what is marriageable age. What should it be? When does 'childhood' end and 'adulthood' start?

Since the age varies across the world why has the US got is so right and which states have it right and which of them has it wrong.

No one yet has answered the point that it should not be a physical age i.e. it is a psychological age but then this thread does not seem to have a lot of reasoning going on.

P

--
Indeed we have.

So you want a de facto answer? okay, here is MY OPINION, please note that this does not reflect on other members here.

I think 18 years old is the perfect age. Not just smoking, but if the individual wants to drink too, so be it.
Now why? At 18 years old, a person has under gone the rigors of school and society, they have, in other words, left the "Nest", ready to face the world in their own view and freedom of choice.
They have undergone everything that their parents have taught them, the care and emotion of loving parents, the skill sets learned from father and mother. That under their care, they can see the world for what it is, so as to learn how to respond accordingly. This system WORKS.

In all this, let me ask you, would you let your children at the age of 13 marry some guy, so as long as he has "Special Permission"? I suspect the answer is NO....actually I'll answer for you, NO. because no self-respecting parent would think otherwise.

Go ahead an take a walk around common public areas and try your hand at your views on this subject to random strangers, guess what? YOU'LL BE RUNNING REAL QUICK.

So lets summarize real quick, Childhood ends when they are ready to leave the protection of their parents. Adulthood is something a person must achieve THROUGH WHAT THEY LEARNED with families and friends.
This is generally accepted at 18. Its the perfect age and in my opinion, THE age to begin marriage if that person wants.

I didn't get married till I was 25 years old.
----
You feel that because we consider the legal age limit at 18 that somehow WE ARE RIGHT and what MAKES US RIGHT in comparison to these other countries. Because we are a first world country with ethics and moralities that define us for who we are.
A proven system that works.

Now let me ask you, WHAT DO YOU THINK THE MARRIAGABLE AGE SHOULD BE?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It is so shocking that this has gone on for so long the rights of woman in some countries are pathetic regardless to culture or religion! The woman need to stand up I do know that this would obviously be difficult as too the woman have had this going on since they were probably of same age and are scared and vulnerable.

This is what the UN should be stepping in to deal with, well I guess it could be all trying to start a war? Who knows....

And to think for someone to make a law like this, he himself must be beneficial to the law.
edit on 5-10-2013 by kangajack because: add.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

kangajack
It is so shocking that this has gone on for so long the rights of woman in some countries are pathetic regardless to culture or religion! The woman need to stand up I do know that this would obviously be difficult as too the woman have had this going on since they were probably of same age and are scared and vulnerable.

This is what the UN should be stepping in to deal with, well I guess it could be all trying to start a war? Who knows....

--
No, you got it right the first time, woman in those countries need to stand up.

Going to war over foreign soil over basic civil rights is not the way to go, this is something they have to do internally, only then will true change have its effect and ripples felt for generations.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

For most western countries 18 is a good age because that is the end of high school. Having said that and noted your views on your own country having it so right then why in some States is it 15 or 16 with special permission? Is this special permission the same as Iranian special permission. If not why not.

In the Western world the average age that people are getting married is getting older and older as university studies and careers take precedent. Also there seems to me to be a clear relationship between the increase in marriageable age and life expectancy.

Having said that, and I hope it is quite clear to you, I am not willing to denounce another culture for having a different set of values. Is 13 OK, no, not in my opinion, or at least not in a country such as Iran.

Is it OK for a tribal people in an Amazon rain forest, yes it seems to work for them especially since 40 is old age, they just do not live that long. Many parts of tribal Africa still operate at around 13. Is it right for them, or more particularly do I have the right to tell them what to do, no I don't!

Historically High school did not exist and so children were married off soon after grade school. Did your culture have it so wrong back then?

Rather than getting on a high rocking horse and denouncing anyone that is different I prefer trying to understand the culture. Some I think are very wrong such as Saudi Arabia where women are chattels. I find that disgusting. But I also realize that I was raised in a very different culture. I am disgusted with honor killings as well.

What I really don't like is the attitude that what is right for me is right for every one especially when the 'I am right' people come from one of the most dangerous cultures on God's earth. Seeing US drone attacks killing lads playing soccer is just wrong.

My major point in this thread is the message to fix up your back yard before looking into mine.

P

edit on 5/10/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
yes im back from work. the guy everyone suddenly hates.

it seems the average american will see an article like this, and instantly imagine some huge sex trade with children being shipped around town. i mean the OP sure tried to sell that idea with his title.

i cant doubt there are some sick bastards taking advantage of his rights to have a young wife. and are actually out for abuse. but this is not the full story. that is not what has, and is commonly happening.

let me remind you that the law is an improvement. OP and others that are looking for reasons to nuke iran, want you all to believe that they LOWERED the legal age limit so men can have sex with children.

no... they RAISED the low cap that WAS lower.

granted us in our perfect society still would want it at least to 18 i guess. but give them some credit. baby steps man. this is still pretty progressive for them. and there will be more changes as their culture evolves.

young wives isnt some entertainment fling they justify with religion. thats what you are taught but its not true. its a singular cog in a very complex social machine, and you cant simply change 1 part so heavily. all parts gotta work their way over time.

or i guess you could just bomb them and drop bibles from the sky over the cities. i mean you all seem to damn impatient for the rest of the world to catch up to how awesome we are.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'm glad I live in a society where it is common to get married as an adult and the woman has a choice in who she will marry.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

In a civilized, intelligent world, there should be no other way.

Lot's of bigger problems in that country besides nuclear weapons an oil-rich hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Bisman
reply to post by xavi1000

i dont see a problem. they set the age to 13. that seems to have been humanities normal low age standard for the bulk of history. cultures have always deemed people to be adults by around then.

it seems the real law that im glad they passed. was SETTING the age. instead of letting people help themselves to 4 year olds and such. that seems more responsible what they did.

the whole 18/19/21yo thing (depending what western nation you are) is actually a very recent thing in history. and all of our american dreams, nuclear families, traditional household economies have all proven to fail horribly. arent we so smart and moral.

didnt god (chrsitians and jews) himself tell us to have multiple wives? wives of woman whom havnt yet grown breasts. he gifted us wives, and allowed us to buy them.

but no. we are bad now.
edit on 4-10-2013 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

You got stars. Unbelievable. NO! Get It. ITs beyond the word evil. 13, forced into marriage by a hairy old pedifilic freak who likes children? Castration and life in prison makes more sense.

And the parts in scripture where love becomes insane, is because its all coded, and that aint God, who is the Highest Love and Goodness there is.
edit on 5-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

And people wonder why there is no respect for that culture. Was it not only the other day that I saw a news story about a woman that was stoned to death because she had a mobile phone in her possession?

I'm sorry but I'm disgusted and thankful I was never born in the a**hole of Earth.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

sheepslayer247
This has nothing to do with Religion.

There are states within the US that allows children to marry at 14 and there are states that allow cousins to marry.

Must have been invaded by Mooslims, huh?

mexico has a lot of areas where the age of consent is 13 and they are mostly catholic.

this seems to be focusing directly on adopted daughters, but was likely written for any non blood related marriage.

In the issue of adopted daughters and step daughters, since there is no blood relationship... I am having a hard time finding info that this is in fact illegal and am reading American posts seeking this information as well because they want to marry their step daughters after divorcing their wives and trying to find the state to do it in.

pot/kettle/black
edit on 6201331AM10AM12p09America/Chicago by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I am reading that in some states it may in fact be legal to marry a step daughter after divorce to her mother, but not in all states. Same goes with cousins... some states legal, some states not.

When you look at the age of consent in some areas, we are not really talking about apples and oranges here. there's weirdos all over.

Do I advocate it? No. It sounds like a history and future of mistake after mistake but who am I to judge?

I will say that although the middle east shows some harsh policies in some cases, if those in the white countries focus on this, they really need to take a closer look at their own country on this one.

The states seem to have ways around it where it doesn't get openly addressed.

For example... so long as the step daughter did not take the man's name... and you don't mention it to the judge. Crap happens in our society as well... we just like to keep it brushed under a rug.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
As always in this ever more sick world, dirty old men being dirty old men and using law to massage their disgusting habit. Nothing says its ok more than a law being passed, if its not against the law then its perfectly ok, isn't it?

Pedophilia isn't just a Middle East issue but its certainly made easier to do by Muslim tradition, in these countries not only is it acceptable but its the done thing. Whatever we do in the West they do 100X worse, if we dislike gay men they hang and behead them (despite Iran being a highly homosexual country), if we have some child molesters they make it law, every thing is done to the extreme in these places.

Sadly they are never going to evolve with these parasite dirty old men in charge, they hold on to power so they can control their people, what the West finds inappropriate they find perfectly normal.

If it wasn't for the oil I'd steer clear of most of these countries. Such a shame, a rich cultural history with many wonderful delights of architecture and other items found in the Middle East and all being ruined by some men who are stuck in centuries gone past.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
"Justice for Iran, a legal group headquartered in London"

Yeah I'm sure this lot is all for "justice".
For gods sake people this is nothing more then a anti Iran propaganda unit setup by some shady 3 letter arm of the government.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Malynn
reply to post by beckybecky

Absolutely. That is the answer. We in the west have determined the right and correct way to live. And it is our responsibility to force these people to comply with that.

I am serious.in America we have laws based on innate righteousness and self evident truths.

for example we know to kill is wrong.

therefore our laws are advanced and humane.

In iran these people are very backward socially and are abusive.they don't know what is right or wrong and have medieval thinking.they believe in suicide bombing.

that is why we need to in invade.we have tanks in irak ready to roll and are just sitting rusting in the desert.

we have soldiers lolling about doing nothing.we are paying them for sitting around.

get them to do some work.

also iran is a threat as they building atom bombs and we need to stop these crazies.

all we need is a leader with backbone

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

beckybecky

Malynn

Absolutely. That is the answer. We in the west have determined the right and correct way to live. And it is our responsibility to force these people to comply with that.

I am serious.in America we have laws based on innate righteousness and self evident truths.

In iran these people are very backward socially and are abusive.they don't know what is right or wrong and have medieval thinking.they believe in suicide bombing.

that is why we need to in invade.we have tanks in irak ready to roll and are just sitting rusting in the desert.

we have soldiers lolling about doing nothing.we are paying them for sitting around.

also iran is a threat as they building atom bombs and we need to stop these crazies.

Do you have any idea how contradictory this post is.

"we know it's wrong to kill"

then a few lines down you get to your main point which is to get soldiers to work... killing.

Brilliant.

And is your name really beckybecky?

Parents couldn't think of a middle name, huh? Well, I guess it always made it easy for you to remember.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Because at 13 they more resemble boys than women. Although I have never been there, I have worked with many people who have spent time in the middle east and all have reported that the men are a little strange.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Seriously, you need to stop reading the newspapers and watching TV. All you're doing is repeating the opinion of the agenda driven media. If you're truly interested in Iran, then do some private research on the country, her people and her traditions.

Furthermore, look at your own country and the problems there, before you look to criticise another. I'm in the UK and it is getting worse by the day. We have many people here who are homeless and those who cannot afford food, yet the government still continues to syphon taxpayers money out of the country, rather than put it to good use. And we're supposed to be a civilised country.

Iran is one of the few independant free countries left that hasn't had it's resources raped by western interests. It's one of the few countries left that hasn't fallen foul to the debt and poverty that a Rothschild central bank brings with it. Do you honestly think that the people of Iran want to end up like the people of Iraq?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

NotAnAspie

beckybecky

Malynn

Do you have any idea how contradictory this post is.

"we know it's wrong to kill"

then a few lines down you get to your main point which is to get soldiers to work... killing.

Brilliant.

And is your name really beckybecky?

Parents couldn't think of a middle name, huh? Well, I guess it always made it easy for you to remember.

you are misunderstanding me.

we won't go in shooting.

we go in if they fire at us we will fire back as simple self defense.

in other words we don't shoot first.

we act in self defense only.

remember if iran destroys new york with an atom bomb it will people like you will responsible for bury your head in the sand attitude.

we need to be decisive and act as defenders of the free world against moslom barbarism.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

pheonix358

Seeing US drone attacks killing lads playing soccer is just wrong.

edit on 5/10/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

Excuse me.what about the 100000 in Syria.I DON'T SEE ANY MARCHES or DEMONSTRATIONS BY MOSLOMS ABOUT THAT ANYWHERE.

they just don't care do they?

The fact is American values are universal and humane and are ideals which if every country followed would make Earth the same as Heaven.

A Paradise which even mosloms would like as due to their obsession with 72 virgins which could be created and cloned from a single virgin from Iran.

Imagine every moslom having a harem of 72 cloned virgins.No more suicide bombings.Paradise would exist on Earth.

Moslom believe that if you blow yourself killing random innocent people you get 72 virgins in Heaven.

By giving every moslom 72 cloned virgins daughters who they will adopt and then marry we could stop this slaughter of innocent people.I urge the cloning people to get a move on and start cloning virgins.

The brain should be removed during cloning and replaced with simple automaton pentium 4 chip which cooks ,cleans,and has sex only as that is what moslom men require from a woman.no demands for rights or anything.

edit on 5-10-2013 by beckybecky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Yes this is the way it's supposed to be.

Just about every religion not to mention common sense tells a person that killing is wrong.

Yes they are maybe we should start following them.

Israeli propaganda fail. It's Hamas that does suicide bombing not Iran.

Iran has done nothing to America to warrant an attack on Iran.

we have soldiers lolling about doing nothing.we are paying them for sitting around. get them to do some work.

Even soldiers get a break in combat. Maybe you should woman up and join the military and let's see how long you keep that attitude.

Sorry but the Israeli propaganda about the bomb that they say Iran has been building for 20 years doesn't cut it here.

We do have a leader with backbone. He has the nades to not be Israels bitch and attack Iran on demand. Maybe Netanyahu can grow a backbone and fight Iran on his own.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join