It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father disowns daughter in epic letter when she kicks out her gay son

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

It's not fanatical, after I initially gave my opinion and was attacked by a bunch of Godless heathans I figured I'd stretch it on out there for a while. Heck this is fun. You guys are getting so pissed off at me because I am not afraid of you and will call you out on your agenda and heinous sins everytime. The Bible says all have sinned and the difference between you and I is that I humble myself to God and confess my sins and aspire to not do them again. You and the others insist on defending your sins to the point that you declare that God does not exist, because of course if there is no God then there is no such thing as SIN.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Christian Voice
You guys are getting so pissed off at me because I am not afraid of you and will call you out on your agenda and heinous sins everytime.

- You have a major problem with inflated self importance.
- We are posting scientific facts that prove you wrong.
- The only person with an agenda here is YOU.
- Prove that homosexuality is a 'heinous sin'. Good luck with that. You'll have to prove that God wrote the Old Testament. And obviously that's impossible to do.

reply to post by Christian Voice

What a bunch of childish nonsense.
edit on 10/6/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Christian Voice

It's not fanatical, after I initially gave my opinion and was attacked by a bunch of Godless heathans I figured I'd stretch it on out there for a while.
I have never met someone who would call others "Godless heathens" in lieu of a reasoned response, and them not be a fanatic.

Heck this is fun. You guys are getting so pissed off at me because I am not afraid of you and will call you out on your agenda and heinous sins everytime.
If we are in church, then what you say might be relevant. In the public....your approach is divisive and full of hate. For what its worth, and as I have said, I am not gay. And you certainly don't piss me off. Religious zealots are typially a source of pity for me, not ire.

The Bible says all have sinned and the difference between you and I is that I humble myself to God and confess my sins and aspire to not do them again. You and the others insist on defending your sins to the point that you declare that God does not exist, because of course if there is no God then there is no such thing as SIN.

In case you don't remember, I am the guy that you took the low blow on and made unfounded remarks about my child raising. That son I have that is gay....he's a senior at Texas Tech. So i laughed it off then.....

Your bible is only relevant to you and others who share your belief. You keep referencing your magical tome as if it matters.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Christian Voice

Disprove his existence and we'll talk.

You cannot prove a negative.

That post, however, proves your relative intellectual dimness. Evidence of absence in logic is called "Propositional Logic".

Bet the preacher man didn't tell you THAT this morning.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

A lot of assumptions were made in this thread regarding the back story and events that took place between the members of this family.

All I can really say is that the grandfather seems to be looking after and caring for his grandson more than his own mother is, simply put.

That young man will never forget the unconditional love his grandfather has shown him, and hopefully, his Mother will make amends. That, after all, would be the ideal outcome of this sad situation.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

You do not know that. Noone does yet. The boy could be 18, 19, 20 years old and rebellious. He could be 16 and violent with her and she sent him to live with grandpa. Noone knows. The son does show serious aggressive tendencies by lashing out publicly at his mother. Grandpa is a hypocrite though. "Disowning people is wrong, but I disown you ". Again, son needs a butt whoopin for taking that letter that was private business between his mother and her father and publicly displaying it. He has done something that apparently his mother strongly disapproves of and when disciplined for it he lashes out publicly to shame and humiliate his mother like he's Eminem or something. She gave birth to him, raised him, fed him, clothed him and this is how he treats her when she disciplines him ? Mama is the only right and just person in this entire equation.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Christian Voice

It's not fanatical, after I initially gave my opinion and was attacked by a bunch of Godless heathans I figured I'd stretch it on out there for a while. Heck this is fun. You guys are getting so pissed off at me because I am not afraid of you and will call you out on your agenda and heinous sins everytime. The Bible says all have sinned and the difference between you and I is that I humble myself to God and confess my sins and aspire to not do them again. You and the others insist on defending your sins to the point that you declare that God does not exist, because of course if there is no God then there is no such thing as SIN.

Your arrogance and ignorance....

I was about to reply multiple times already but each and any time stopped before posting...because arguing and even trying to talk civil/constructive seems to be entirely impossible.

Here for a start: YOU got it entirely wrong because you mistake "believing in god" and "having morals" is the same thing as "believing in the bible".

The bible is a bunch of words written be PEOPLE, in the same way as the Quaran is written by PEOPLE and many, many other books attributed to god are written by people.

My non-belief in the bible DOES NOT mean a) I am "godless"

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

Look like a fool only to you and the other heathens. To me and other Christians you guys look like the fools. Looky there how it turns around.
So in order to get back on track and on topic, what exactly is your position on the OP ? I have stated mine over and over, you and a few others just seem to prefer attacking Christians instead of having an intelligent conversation.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

My non-belief in the bible DOES NOT mean a) I am "godless"

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

This is exactly why we SHOULD develop a prenatal treatment to lesson the likely hood of children being born gay. The only way you're going to change people's attitudes towards homosexuals is to shift the focus of their hate to the condition and away from the individuals who are stricken with it.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Christian Voice
Look like a fool only to you and the other heathens.

So to you anyone who doesn't believe in God exactly the same as you is a fool or a heathen or a major sinner ...etc etc etc. And yet you say you aren't 'fanatical'. Yeah right.

Christian Voice
I should walk away from my faith and worship you.

Straw man .... one of many you've posted.

just pointing out that faith and intelligence have nothing to do with each other.

Finally. Something I agree with you on. I've seen a whole lotta' unintelligent people clinging to proven bunk in their so=called holy books. Be it the bible or the qu'ran .. its always the same. Pretty damn stupid.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Bone75

This is exactly why we SHOULD develop a prenatal treatment to lesson the likely hood of children being born gay. The only way you're going to change people's attitudes towards homosexuals is to shift the focus of their hate to the condition and away from the individuals who are stricken with it.

This is possibly the worst things I've read on here. Homosexuality is not a disease to be treated. Peoples attitudes towards it are already changing. With each generation it seems more accepted.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Megatronus

Bone75

This is possibly the worst things I've read on here. Homosexuality is not a disease to be treated.

dis·ease (d -z z ) n.
1. A pathological condition of a part, organ, or system of an organism resulting from various causes, such as infection, genetic defect, or environmental stress, and characterized by an identifiable group of signs or symptoms. 2. A condition or tendency, as of society, regarded as abnormal and harmful. 3. Obsolete Lack of ease; trouble.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Look, I have very strong convictions and faith in my God and his Bible. You don't. We differ in that area. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I hate no one. I strongly disagree with homosexuality. I do not go around condemning people on the street for it. This is an open forum for discussion. My faith was brought into it by another poster. My opinions stay to myself most of the time. I have a couple of friends and 1 close friend that are gay. I have a niece that is gay. I never ever mentioned my thoughts on the subject until asked and honestly it was not a problem then. They did not call me hateful for not agreeing with their lifestyle. My close friend and niece I was very blunt with when asked my views on it. I explained my views and why and they explained theirs and why. They don't get fighting mad and neither do I but I will say this: If either attacked my faith I would be much more stern with them and that may cause friction.
I admire that you and others on here stand up for your convictions even though they clash with my own. I have friends and family that have no convictions at all. They just kinda float along and care about nothing. You ask them about most any topic and their answer is I don't know and don't really care. I wish I could be more like that but I have a passion that I have always had. I have always stood up to fight for what I thought was right.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Christian Voice
Look, I have very strong convictions and faith in my God and his Bible. You don't.

I believe in God ... but not in a man made book that is thousands of years old that claims
to be from God. It simply isn't. And much of it has been debunked.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Megatronus

You want billions to change to accept the abnormalities of the few. Homosexuality has been viewed as abnormal and unnatural and wrong by the majority of society since we were put on this Earth several thousand years ago. Now thousands of years later you believe that a few of you have evolved to the point that the billions before and current are wrong. The ones that live according to the natural functions of our bodies are the ones wrong ?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

None of the Bible has been debunked and you just made up a God to believe in on a whim ? WOW
Tell me please, I have stated several of the true Living God's positions on several topics on here, where does your God stand on things ? You can U2U it to me as to not derail this any further. Let me guess, kinda a New Age Scientology view on things ? If it is good or feels good it is of God and if it is bad or feels bad it is of the Devil ? Do anything on this planet that you want to as long as you do not physically hurt another ?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Christian Voice

Look like a fool only to you and the other heathens. To me and other Christians you guys look like the fools. Looky there how it turns around.
So in order to get back on track and on topic, what exactly is your position on the OP ? I have stated mine over and over, you and a few others just seem to prefer attacking Christians instead of having an intelligent conversation.

No, i just had a pastor look at some of the stuff you have said. THeir word, "What a poor, lost little lamb."

People are attacking the bigoted ideals you seem to express, calling it "Christian". You viewpoints are anything but.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
How intolerant of him. Disowning his daughter because her views are different than his.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Christian Voice

Look, I have very strong convictions and faith in my God and his Bible. You don't. We differ in that area. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I hate no one. I strongly disagree with homosexuality. I do not go around condemning people on the street for it. This is an open forum for discussion. My faith was brought into it by another poster. My opinions stay to myself most of the time. I have a couple of friends and 1 close friend that are gay. I have a niece that is gay. I never ever mentioned my thoughts on the subject until asked and honestly it was not a problem then. They did not call me hateful for not agreeing with their lifestyle. My close friend and niece I was very blunt with when asked my views on it. I explained my views and why and they explained theirs and why. They don't get fighting mad and neither do I but I will say this: If either attacked my faith I would be much more stern with them and that may cause friction.
I admire that you and others on here stand up for your convictions even though they clash with my own. I have friends and family that have no convictions at all. They just kinda float along and care about nothing. You ask them about most any topic and their answer is I don't know and don't really care. I wish I could be more like that but I have a passion that I have always had. I have always stood up to fight for what I thought was right.

I am curious...when you discuss this with your gay friends and family, do you use words like you have here?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join