It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father disowns daughter in epic letter when she kicks out her gay son

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

combatmaster
Homosexuality is not natural among humans.

Humans are animals. At least 1500 animal species are known to have homosexuals in their ranks.

List of Animals Displaying Homosexual Behavior
Medical News - 1500 Animal Species Practice Homosexuality

Homosexuality is a natural event in the animal kingdom.
And yes .. humans are animals.
edit on 10/5/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

combatmaster
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Homosexuality is not natural among humans. If someone is gay, there is an underlying reason. If it's the way we are born, then there's a reason for that too!

If it was natural in the long run, why can men not reproduce without women?

I am against it. I believe that the world has come to accept it as natural due to ignorance and lack of understanding about the true nature of human beings and our consciousness.

In my family, and in another family I am close with, the gay family members serve as "surrogates" for other neices/nephews. It is a vicarious living kind of thing whereby the entire family unit benefits, as the kids are getting additional love/attention from someone other than mom/dad, and they get to go do all the activities.

My best friends sister is a lesbian. She is like "Super Aunty". The kids love her because of how active she is. So the weekends....that is where the kids usually are.

Everyone wins.

But I give you 10 internets for acknowledging that homosexuality is less about choice.

edit on 5-10-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I won't be angered by ignorance. 1, 2, 3.

edit on 5-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

CaticusMaximus
The grandfather is a hypocrite.

Not in this case. He was about to lose somebody in his family no matter what, either his grandson or his daughter. He chose against bigotry and left an open door for when his daughter decides it's not worth throwing away precious time with her son and father.

If homosexuality is a sin then that is something that gay people have to deal with at their final judgement, not from family.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

combatmaster

Homosexuality is not natural among humans. If someone is gay, there is an underlying reason. If it's the way we are born, then there's a reason for that too!

If it was natural in the long run, why can men not reproduce without women?

I am against it. I believe that the world has come to accept it as natural due to ignorance and lack of understanding about the true nature of human beings and our consciousness.

In my family, and in another family I am close with, the gay family members serve as "surrogates" for other neices/nephews. It is a vicarious living kind of thing whereby the entire family unit benefits, as the kids are getting additional love/attention from someone other than mom/dad, and they get to go do all the activities.

My best friends sister is a lesbian. She is like "Super Aunty". The kids love her because of how active she is. So the weekends....that is where the kids usually are.

Everyone wins.

But I give you 10 internets for acknowledging that homosexuality is less about choice.

edit on 5-10-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

All im saying is as humans, our lack of understanding about the human mind and everything connected to it (including homesexuality) is overlooked by the masses today.

I am not against homosexuals, I am against our inability to realize that there is a root cause. We ignore the past and focus on the future (the classical mistake of humanity).

There is no question that the mother did the wrong thing. i agree. But i still feel we as humans have a knack to over-glorify things, without focusing on why they are there in the first place.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

Ill give you 10 more internets for that.

Humans are inspired by emotional totems. You are exactly correct.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

FlyersFan

combatmaster
Homosexuality is not natural among humans.

Humans are animals. At least 1500 animal species are known to have homosexuals in their ranks.

List of Animals Displaying Homosexual Behavior
Medical News - 1500 Animal Species Practice Homosexuality

Homosexuality is a natural event in the animal kingdom.
And yes .. humans are animals.
edit on 10/5/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

Humans are the only 'animals' that have manipulated everything in their sight including all other species, to achieve their own world domination. Humans have a consciousness that doesn't fit the pattern in evolutionary standards. Some think its ancient aliens, some say its god, etc etc. interacting with physical beast to create a hybrid of both worlds. Who know?

But to point at a ‘gay’ animal as proof that being gay is okay is demeaning. It takes a whole gamut of profoundly human emotion and experience, it takes the love one can have for another person of the same sex, and reduces it to the level of a rutting beast.

We are capable of more....

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

This is true nobody should hate for sexual orientation as everybody has freewill to do what he is pleased to do. Although I have to emit a theory which is yet unproven, but could be true if studies were to be made on the topic. I read somewhere in a book which briefly mentioned topic the of homosexuality related to an issue of some sort that homosexuality could be because of a higher amount of oestrogen in their system than with average men.

This is no attack, nor hate nor anything negative concerning homosexuality, here again this is choice and it needed to be made clear, but as a future student in psychology, homosexuality is a topic I will try to demystify other than the you are born homosexual and it is gentic, I simply believe there is more to it than this. Of, course the genetic could be the case of higher oestrogen in the person but still, I lack to equipment and research done about this premise to confirm this as certain.

Thruthseek3r

edit on 5-10-2013 by thruthseek3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

I agree that to be human is to have self control and a higher thought process. And I agree that part of our challenge is to tame the animal within. This is the dance between that which is intellectual, and that which is animal.

I do not think it is degrading to compare human animal homosexuality to other animal homosexuality. It could even be hubris that causes one to believe that humans stand alone above all animals with these notions of morality, right, and wrong.

I have spent a large part of my life, up until now to be honest, feeling as if I was a non-human trapped in a human body. I do realize that this is a form of dysmorphia, so I am able to argue against it in my own mind without much issue. But this experience has taught me that it is critical to maintain connections with that animal that we all inhabit. Because we ARE human, we must ACT human. Calls for behaviors representing some higher calling notwithstanding.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

How gay.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

It's nice to see there are still a few people left that stand up for God's true Law. People today don't understand what it means to be perverted since this is what they grew up and are used to. But put a few people into today's society that lived 100 years ago and they would have a heart attacks.

How far America has fallen..

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

combatmaster
due to ignorance and lack of understanding about the true nature of human beings and our consciousness.

In the world of consciousness and our true self there is no such thing as a gender respective it is entirely irrelevant. Gender applies ONLY in the physical world - and even THERE it does not play an essential role for relationships and love.
edit on 62013R000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago06PMSaturdaySaturday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

Yes. But because our consciousness exists within these physical bodies it is in fact entirely relevant as it has major implications (e.g. we r even debating this).

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

While there is still problems around what we mean and understand by "sexual orientation", and that many people are closed minded in understanding it as an interplay between nature-nurture, it is a gross mishandling of priority to kick your son out because he is gay.

One can of course insist on their own metaphysical way of things, but I don't understand how theory and belief can ever prove so powerful to displace the love and connection - and sense of responsibility - you have with your own child.

It is simply disgusting. It wreaks of self righteousness. No matter how much you disagree with homosexuality (I personally find something wrong with it) to disown your son because of it? Even though he is being bombarded with feelings he cant explain; lives in a society which tries to justify and accept these differences in sexual feeling. What the # do you expect? You can't command another persons mind.

There are far worse things one can do than have sex and fall in love with a member of the same sex. Again - from my own experience - I have a cousin who is gay. I hang it with him all the time, have made good friends with his boyfriend. It's a difficult middle ground to walk in the sense that I loathe to hear about their sexual lives, am a bit perturbed when they begin kissing or doing anything sexual in my presence; but, to his credit, he's considerate enough to take into regard other peoples feelings, whether he agrees with them or not.

Homosexuality will probably never reach a point of social acceptance to the degree of heterosexuality - and frankly - it shouldn't. It is nowhere near as obvious; it is not indicated in natural patterns and rhythms like heterosexuality is; and lacks the philosophical dynamism of complementarity which exists between males and females.

That being said, we still need to loosen our commitment to our ideas. While I can believe what I want - what feels right to me - I still have to be conscious of what another person might believe.

Fundamentalism is fueled by an obdurate belief that I AM RIGHT and everyone else is wrong. It makes absolutist claims on tenuous evidence: my beliefs are right! How? No answer will come forth. Either they trust what some book tells them, and assume (in ignorance) that it is what other men has said it is, or they asininely believe that their metaphysics is objective, and not something they have created to give meaning to the world around them.

At the end of the day, nobody knows. What we should care about is how much we can help each other live fruitful and meaningful lives. This does not mean they we have to agree about everything, but it should mean that we continue to care and act kindly with one another.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That's really besides the point.

Animals aren't bothered by philosophy, metaphysics, and ethics.

Does homosexuality exist in nature? Yes. Is it common? In some species more than others. Bonobos, for example, are lascivious little things. Up to 10% of Rams engage in homosexual acts. But, in most other kingdoms, homosexuality exists for reasons other than innate sexual attraction. For example, if there is a major inequality between male and female populations in a group of birds, the male or female birds that don't pair will pair with each other. Is this because they experience inherent homosexual feelings? Or because they're being forced into it by necessity?

Back to my point. For humans, philosophy, metaphysics, and ethics, is a naturally occurring tendency. It comes with the territory of being human. How we go about philosophizing, developing a metaphysics (or epistemology), and honing an ethics, ultimately goes back to how we feel; what we need out of life.

Because all people do not feel the same way and do not need the same things, it's impossible that we should ever come to complete agreement in a metaphysics/or ethical sense. The most we can do is come to a compromise; and yes, I'm aware this compromise implies some "meta-metaphysics" where we act against our personal beliefs because we understand how subjective and personalized it is.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

WorthlessServant
It's nice to see there are still a few people left that stand up for God's true Law.

Again .... Christ said nothing about homosexuality. Not a darn thing.
To say that God is anti-homosexual is silly. There is no proof of that.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Astrocyte
That's really besides the point.

No. It's the whole point. It's a natural part of the animal kingdom.

Animals aren't bothered by philosophy, metaphysics, and ethics.

There is nothing unethical about homosexuality.

A few thousand years ago some goat herders came up with the notion that homosexual activity means going to hell ... but there is no proof that the creator of the universe has ever said that. None. What is more likely is that those goat herders claimed that their own notions about right and wrong came from God.

Bottom line ... homosexuality happens in the animal kingdom.
Humans are animals. So it happens. And there isn't anything unethical or immoral about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Again .... Christ said nothing about homosexuality. Not a darn thing.
To say that God is anti-homosexual is silly. There is no proof of that.

Apparently, it was part of the OT, and when Jesus said he did not come to reform what laws had been laid down before, people have generally taken that to mean that he stood by the laws against homosexuality as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The fact you presume your son won't be gay because he lives in a Christian home with parents who love each other shows that you have very much to learn about the world, but at least you wouldn't disown him.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

WorthlessServant

It's nice to see there are still a few people left that stand up for God's true Law. People today don't understand what it means to be perverted since this is what they grew up and are used to. But put a few people into today's society that lived 100 years ago and they would have a heart attacks.

How far America has fallen..

100 years ago, in my town, wife swaps were a weekly event. Except for the week that the prostitutes were in town. When their circuit brought them in, cowpokes from 60 miles around would come to town. They would buy their new boots, pants, and other clothing items. Get their once monthly haircut and shave. Save just enough for the prostitute and spend the rest at the bar. They worked all month long to be able to afford that 2 day bender of booze and broads.

Meanwhile, during the daylight hours there were special ladies reserved for the men who lived in town and ran the businesses. Certainly the wives didn't like it....but the stories go that they complained because the weekly swap didn't happen. Living int he male centric frontier, such was the life I suppose.

But your "memory" of some golden age of American morality is morose and wholly made up. Unless you are a centenarian yourself?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join