It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father disowns daughter in epic letter when she kicks out her gay son

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

NoRulesAllowed

Bone75
This is exactly why we SHOULD develop a prenatal treatment to lesson the likely hood of children being born gay.

In a world which is entirely over-populated I could actually envision a "prenatal treatment" where people choose to bear gay children. I could also envision that "being gay" could be seen as something beneficial since it would allow sex without worrying about pregnancy.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

just another case of the politically correctness movement dividing us further.

divide et vincas

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
why cant people understand being gay is not
1: the way your brought up
2: gods plans or supposed views
3: political
4: anything to with anyone else
5: a reason to preach hate

SO PEOPLE PLEASE STOP LABELING PEOPLE UNLESS U WANT TO BE LABELED YOURSELF RANT OVER

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

combatmaster

Humans are the only 'animals' that have manipulated everything in their sight including all other species, to achieve their own world domination. Humans have a consciousness that doesn't fit the pattern in evolutionary standards. Some think its ancient aliens, some say its god, etc etc. interacting with physical beast to create a hybrid of both worlds. Who know?

But to point at a ‘gay’ animal as proof that being gay is okay is demeaning. It takes a whole gamut of profoundly human emotion and experience, it takes the love one can have for another person of the same sex, and reduces it to the level of a rutting beast.

We are capable of more....

Umm there are many other animals besides humans that manipulate there environment as well as other species.

Human consciousness has very little difference with most of our fellow animals, any human who has cohabited strongly with another animal either as a pet or through some other form of contact for a long period of time knows this.

Animals dont have love?.. thats a new one for me, of our 10 (9) cats most have their little groupings. One in particular is our ginger tom and a white and grey tabby female. She rubs against him and tolerates him but acts hostile to all the others, in return he also acts in a overly friendly manner to her, and has done since he was a kitten. Thing is, they are both neutered and spayed... so there is no physical drive between either of them. They simply like each other in a loving manner compared to the others.

That same white and grey tabby will jump onto the lap of a member of our family and if that person is talking in an angry fashion or is upset or crying for some reason she will sit there on their lap and try to 'kiss' them in a comforting manner by bunting heads with them, she doesnt do that like that when a person is in any other emotional state, so she understands theres a difference and actively attempts to remedy the emotion.

Before we had to put down our black male with kidney disease our ginger cat who is the brother to the black one spent many nights curled up next to him... thing is he hardly ever used to do that until the final couple of months of his life.

Ive even seen love and companionship of animals of different species.

These strictly human pattern of consciousness ideas is an antiquated load of bollocks... we are not special, we are not some greater form of life, we are like all other life. That isnt a put down, because for me I elevate the animal up to our level rather than drop us down to their supposed lower level.

What pointing to a gay animal does is show that the mental capacity for it to develop or be present from birth is universal within life on this planet. It shows that it is a normal facet of existence for a small group of alot of species. If animals are supposed to be basic innocent creations then why would some of them display something their creator supposedly derides as evil in humans?.. shouldnt they be completely devoid of the bad we humans are supposedly are here to endure or avoid from temptation? If anything given the variety of brains in the animal world it would suggest that the desire or drive to be gay in a minority is a very basic and primitive one since most of the animal world shares the same basic 'lizard' brain as far as im aware (i could be wrong) id say its located in that part of the brain.

And to say animals do it too, in no way means he human act is being demeaned, any more than the fact humans and other animals all have sex for procreation anyway... kinda makes me laugh really since its like where the term 'missionary position' came from, the church tried to make people have sex in a 'non-animal like' fashion to differentiate our act from an animals since animals having sex is bestial... even though the act regardless of how you do it is exactly the same for man and beast for same damn reason!.

Edit:- interestingly I just looked up the Amygdala and it seems there are links to it and sexual orientation. So I guess my assumption was right in a way that sexual orientation is a very basic thing shared by all animal life... ergo it is a normal part of existence.

Being gay is here, its always been here... I guess you deal with or you let its existence eat away at you. i know which one I do.

Bone75

NoRulesAllowed

Bone75
This is exactly why we SHOULD develop a prenatal treatment to lesson the likely hood of children being born gay.

In a world which is entirely over-populated I could actually envision a "prenatal treatment" where people choose to bear gay children. I could also envision that "being gay" could be seen as something beneficial since it would allow sex without worrying about pregnancy.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by 1Providence1

You do not know that. Noone does yet. The boy could be 18, 19, 20 years old and rebellious. He could be 16 and violent with her and she sent him to live with grandpa. Noone knows. The son does show serious aggressive tendencies by lashing out publicly at his mother. Grandpa is a hypocrite though. "Disowning people is wrong, but I disown you ". Again, son needs a butt whoopin for taking that letter that was private business between his mother and her father and publicly displaying it. He has done something that apparently his mother strongly disapproves of and when disciplined for it he lashes out publicly to shame and humiliate his mother like he's Eminem or something. She gave birth to him, raised him, fed him, clothed him and this is how he treats her when she disciplines him ? Mama is the only right and just person in this entire equation.

I don't know what, exactly? All I said was that many assumptions have been made, consequently, you being one of those people making bold accusations and assumptions about this entire thing erring on the side of assuming that the boy is the bad guy in all of this. Seeing as how you have a predisposition towards homophobia, it doesn't surprise me at all that you're spouting the nonsense that you have been filling this thread with.

I'm not the one making assumptions, you are. I was simply drawing out the basics of the situation. I took a fairly neutral standpoint on the matter, and concluded my statement with a positive hope that they will amend their situation. If you have a problem with that then you should realize that you're not only intolerant of things most of the people on this thread are tolerant of, but you seem to be the one taking an aggressive stance in all of this, as evidenced by YOUR lashing out at any person that doesn't share the exact same sentiment as you, even if the person is taking a neutral stance.

You're entitled to your beliefs, but you seem to be attacking any one and everyone that doesn't condemn homosexuality and support the Mother fully, due to your religious "perspective."

And then you go on to condone a "Butt whoopin" of this boy for taking it public. Once again assuming the boy is the one who took it public, and then advocating violence against him.

Wanton homophobia: Strike One.

Advocating violence against the boy: Strike two.

Verbally attack anyone and everyone that doesn't agree with you rather than trying to have a constructive debate: Strike three.

Enjoy your sickening perspective.

edit on 6-10-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Read the whole thread. I've explained this over and over. God did not make people homosexual. People choose homosexuality.

I guess no one wants to discuss the topic at hand you guys just want to turn every single thread into a Christian bashing party.

You keep stating in this thread how you KNOW people are going to bash you for being christian....and how people keep attacking you for being christian. No one CARES what religion you practice. Many of us ARE christians. NO ONE is bashing you for your religion.

In fact, even as ignorant as you have been in every single post of yours....I haven't even seen anyone be disrespectful towards you. YOU however, have pretty much said that anyone who has a gay child must have failed in raising the child....and that is a pretty disgusting thing for you to say.

I don't know why you hide your feelings under the cloak of your religion. Your anti-gay stance has NOTHING to do with your religion. I know many fine christians who aren't bigoted like you.

You know, when I was growing up, mormons by their very religion thought black people were inferior. Now, they have grown up a bit. It sounds like you have some growing up to do.

Once again, you are INCORRECT in saying homosexuality is a CHOICE. If you are a heterosexual as you claim....how could you POSSIBLY know?

Did you CHOOSE to be heterosexual? If you did, then that means you are probably HOMOSEXUAL, and therefore you are angry because you are conflicted inside.

How on EARTH could you POSSIBLE choose your sexual preference?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You know i can't help but ask.. if being gay is not a choice and is scientifically determined by epigenetics, then why is it that America has the highest gay population in the world? I find it scientifically strange that the numbers are not consistent around the world, but are predominant in countries that enables the behavior. I'm sure that if you made theft legal, there would be an influx of thieves stealing things. The difference is, gay behavior doesn't have a direct infringement on natural humans, but a long term psychological effect on society; so it is tolerated.
edit on 6-10-2013 by WorthlessServant because: spelling

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Just a guess, but I'm thinking people admitting they are gay is more common in countries where you don't get your head sawed off for doing so.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

Another question, why is that only the religious have anything against gays?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

supermarket2012
How on EARTH could you POSSIBLE choose your sexual preference?

We're at pg. 20 now already, and believe me, we will never "convince" him or resolve that. We can talk over 200 or 2000 pages, doesn't matter.

HE is 100% convinced that HS is "a sin", and it being a sin MUST imply it is a conscious choice with some bad/evil intention. (Otherwise how can it be a sin?)

For him to change his stance to say it is indeed NO choice would automatically and entirely invalidate his bible. HS being no choice === NO SIN === BUT THE BIBLE SAYS SO

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

WorthlessServant
You know i can't help but ask.. if being gay is not a choice and is scientifically determined by epigenetics, then why is it that America has the highest gay population in the world?

You are just making this sh!t up now and you know it!! Stop inventing your own so called "facts" because they don't exist but in your own paranoid mind.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WorthlessServant

What exactly is this long term psychological effect to socieity?.. tolerance to the different?.. or something else?.. especially given we've had gay people in human society for 1000's of years (and in quite a few societies for millenia they are/were not only tolerated but also given special status, its only primarily the muslim and christian world that has turned them into some form of abomination) its effects must be therefore be noticeable in todays world, I sure as hell cant see it or is it the sole reason for humanities ills as some would have us think?

Someone further up mentioned how could any one choose their sexual orientation, and that some even try to say being gay is a choice. Heres an example of how things like this are often not a choice.

Im a hetero male, up until around 8 years ago I like alot of guys found blondes and bustiness attractive, then one day I saw a photo of a redhead woman with freckles (lots of freckles) and a literal switch went off in my head (i had seen women like her before), I hadnt ever really found freckles attractive nor red hair either... but suddenly It was as if had you stuck a blonde a brunnette and a redhead with freckles in the same room and told me to pick one as my wife/girlfriend/lover for all eternity (even if the other two where supermodels amazing, the pinical of the human males ideal of a woman physically) id have to go (if based purely on basic attractiveness to me) with the redheaded freckled woman, I wold just on face value find her more attractive and desirable in every way.

It wasnt a choice for me, it just happened suddenly I found myself amazingly attracted to redheaded women with freckles basically in an instant... thing is this happens to most of us, we all have preferences for a partner on a genetic level, it means that hetero people have sub catagories of sexual orientation within their own group, some like blondes some like brunnettes, some like chubby women, some like older men, some like bald guys etc etc... so why is being gay any different?

Are these attractions choices?.. as far as im aware and experienced personally... nope, not at all.
edit on 6-10-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

WorthlessServant
You know i can't help but ask.. if being gay is not a choice and is scientifically determined by epigenetics, then why is it that America has the highest gay population in the world? I find it scientifically strange that the numbers are not consistent around the world, but are predominant in countries that enables the behavior. I'm sure that if you made theft legal, there would be an influx of thieves stealing things. The difference is, gay behavior doesn't have a direct infringement on natural humans, but a long term psychological effect on society; so it is tolerated.

If you would be so kind as to provide the statistics supporting your argument.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

WorthlessServant
Another question, why is that only the religious have anything against gays?

Go figure, right. Well reading ATS, you'd think that all Christians were psychotics. I am not religious at all, and I'll admit some knee-jerk resentment of it as a governmental-sort-of-construct, but honestly I feel as if I ought to defend the huge number of Christians I know who are loving, caring, decent human beings. Even the ones I know who feel homosexuality is wrong would not disown or shun a family member for it, they'd just pray for them. I have no idea what bizarre self-recruiting strategy seems to bring only religious psychos to ATS, or perhaps they're just the ones speaking out, but the vast majority of people I know in person are religious, and nearly all of them are decent and kind people. I know it's sort of ironic for someone who isn't religious and dislikes religion to be defending religious people, but honestly most the religious people I know are nothing like the people who post here. I can't figure it out. If most Christians were even half that bad, we'd be feeding them en masse to the lions even now.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

kezzy24
why cant people understand being gay is not
1: the way your brought up
2: gods plans or supposed views
3: political
4: anything to with anyone else
5: a reason to preach hate

SO PEOPLE PLEASE STOP LABELING PEOPLE UNLESS U WANT TO BE LABELED YOURSELF RANT OVER

People can't understand it...because they don't WANT to understand it. It isn't because they aren't capable of it....in fact...I'm sure MOST hateful, bigoted, anti-gay people deep down know homosexuality isn't a choice....however, they have to find SOME way to justify their hate.

Take for example ChristianVoice or whatever his/her name is. Notice how the very first post they made, they said "OH, AND GO AHEAD AND BASH ME FOR BEING CHRISTIANITY. I KNOW YOU GUYS HATE CHRISTIANS" or something to that effect. He immediately tried to take the responsibility for his personal choice of hating gay people OFF of him....and instead he blames it on his religion. In other words...don't be mad at me! Its my religion!

Whenever people hate something, they will always find a way to justify it. As I mentioned, when people hate something, they A) find a way to justify it, and B) try to get others to hate it as well.

You know whats even worse? Many of these people who are so anti-gay, always say "God doesn't make us that way. Our behinds are only meant to have things EXIT, not ENTER". Guess what? Sex itself is meant for procreation. If you have sex SPECIFICALLY for pleasure....or if you use condoms, or birth control, well....I can GUARANTEE your "God" didn't intent for that either, but you don't see people screaming at you, telling YOU that you'll go to hell for using condoms.

The people who use their religion to justify hate and bigotry are the worse kind.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

WorthlessServant

That is an easy one. There isn't more gay people in America....just more people willing to admit it, in an open society.

Do you think the same amount of people in Iran or Saudi Arabia are willing to admit in some poll, or even to THEMSELVES, that they are homosexual? Not a chance.

Polls are a fascinating thing, but in many cases highly inaccurate.

I

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

mOjOm
You are just making this sh!t up now and you know it!! Stop inventing your own so called "facts" because they don't exist but in your own paranoid mind.

bigfatfurrytexan

Because America has a very good census we can look at that data first. It can be found here: US Gay Demographics You will notice a pattern that a majority of the gay population is centered around states that have made gay marriage legal. America is also a very tolerant country to where we don't go around slaughtering gay people, and the numbers still don't add up. If in theory homosexuality is NOT a choice, then there should show statistical uniformity across the country, which is not the case. There IS a statistical trend to have a skew of higher gay population in areas that gay marriage is legal.

If you look on a global scale, the highest populations per capita of gay people are centralized on this map in blue areas. Map of Tolerance Where surprise surprise.. they have higher gay populations per capita.

So i'm going to stand by saying that it's a choice, and that tolerance influences higher gay populations.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

That i will admit is true, and it may be difficult to get accurate readings of a gay population when some countries will behead a gay person. So i will point to our own census where america doesn't go around killing gay people, and you will notice a skew in statistical data that a majority of homosexuals are centralized in cities that are tolerant to gay behavior, and states that have legalized gay marriage or have given them rights. You have to ask yourself.. if homosexuals are so helpless to being the sexual orientation that they are, why aren't the percentages of gay population per capita stable across the country?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Polite Reminder

Hi People,

Do appreciate these topics and the discussion/debate within them can get passionate...but they should never become poisonous.

Please remember the rules...keep it clean, play the ball not the player etc
Ie: Please hold off on the personal attacks.

Thank you

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

WorthlessServant

mOjOm

bigfatfurrytexan

Because America has a very good census we can look at that data first. It can be found here: US Gay Demographics You will notice a pattern that a majority of the gay population is centered around states that have made gay marriage legal. America is also a very tolerant country to where we don't go around slaughtering gay people, and the numbers still don't add up. If in theory homosexuality is NOT a choice, then there should show statistical uniformity across the country, which is not the case. There IS a statistical trend to have a skew of higher gay population in areas that gay marriage is legal.

If you look on a global scale, the highest populations per capita of gay people are centralized on this map in blue areas. Map of Tolerance Where surprise surprise.. they have higher gay populations per capita.

So i'm going to stand by saying that it's a choice, and that tolerance influences higher gay populations.

So the quandry you create for yourself when you state being gay is a choice, is that you must have made your own choice in the past.

Since I never made a choice and just did what was natural to me, this seems odd. And causes me to wonder if your position is rooted in repressed homosexual urges (i.e., a choice).

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join